We are here for you to provide the important Recent and Latest Current Affairs 13 March 2021, which have unique updates of Latest Current Affairs 2021 events from all newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economic Times, PIB, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express, Business Standard and all Government official websites.
Our Current Affairs March 2021 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2021 PDF which will be a pedestrian to crack your exams.
Read Current Affairs in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Learn Current Affairs – Free Course – Click Here to Download the APP
Labor Minister Launches Convergence of ESI Scheme with Ayushman Bharat PM-JAY in 4 StatesOn March 10, 2021, Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Labor & Employment Santosh Gangwar launched the convergence of the ESI (Employees State Insurance) Scheme with Ayushman Bharat PM-JAY (Pradhan Mantri-Jan Arogya Yojana) in 113 districts of 4 States – Chhattisgarh, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh & Maharashtra.
Objective – To ensure easy access to medical care
- The convergence will enable 1.35 Crore ESI Beneficiaries in 4 states to make use of cashless medical services through empanelled hospitals of Ayushman Bharat PM-JAY without any need of a referral.
- Along the same lines, the beneficiaries of PM-JAY can also avail themselves cashless treatment at 15 underutilized ESIC hospital/Medical Colleges in Bihar, Gujarat, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Rajasthan & Uttar Pradesh.
Employees State Insurance (ESI) Scheme:
- ESI is a self-financing social security & health insurance scheme for Indian workers. It is Managed by the Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) which is a statutory and autonomous body under the Ministry of Labour & Employment, Government of India.
- The ESI fund is managed according to rules & regulations set in the ESI Act, 1948 (1st major legislation on social security for workers in Independent India).
Ayushman Bharat PM-JAY
- Launched in 2018 by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare as part of the Indian Government’s National Health Policy.
- Implementing Agency – National Health Authority
- Target – To provide free access to healthcare for 50 crore people in India.
About Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC):
Chairman – Santosh Kumar Gangwar (Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Labor & Employment)
Head Office – New Delhi
<<Read Full News>>
INS Karanj, India’s 3rd Scorpene Class Submarine Commissioned at Naval Dockyard, MumbaiOn 10th March 2021, the Indian Naval Ship(INS) Karanj, India’s 3rd Scorpene class submarine was commissioned into the India Navy at the Naval Dockyard, Mumbai, Maharashtra. The Ship was commissioned in the presence of Chief of Naval Staff Admiral Karambir Singh and Navy Chief Admiral (Retired) VS Shekhawat, the commanding officer of earlier INS Karanj (1971 Indo Pak War).
- The INS Karanj, a class of diesel-electric attack submarines designed by the Naval Group of France, was constructed at the Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited under the Make in Indian Program.
i.A total of 6 Scorpene submarines are built under Project 75, The Indian Navy has previously inducted 2 scorpene Class submarines namely, INS Kalvari (December 2017) and INS Khanderi (September 2019) from the Naval Dockyard, Mumbai.
ii.The trials of Vela (May 2019) and Vagir (November 2020) are underway and the construction of the 6th submarine Vagsheer is in progress.
iii.All the 6 submarines, with the same capabilities, will be deployed for different roles like
- Guarding strategic points in the sea.
- Laying mines.
- Gathering intelligence.
- Dropping marine commandos.
- Engaging with enemy ships when required.
India’s Fintech Sector valuation to touch USD 150-160 Billion by 2025: BCG & FICCI ReportAccording to the report ‘India FinTech: A USD 100 Bn Opportunity’ released by Boston Consulting Group (BCG) & Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI), India’s Fintech Sector is expected to reach a valuation of USD 150-160 Billion by 2025.
- The 150-160 Billion valuation will help in translating to an incremental value-creation potential of about USD 100 Billion.
- In order to meet the 150-160 valuation by 2025, India’s fintech sector will need investments of up to USD 20-25 Billion over the next five years (2021-25).
- The report also states that by 2025 the number of Indian fintech firms with Unicorn status (billion-dollar-valuation firms) will double.
About Boston Consulting Group (BCG):
CEO – Rich Lesser
Chairman & MD of Asia-Pacific region – Neeraj Aggarwal
Headquarters – Boston, USA
<<Read Full News>>
Jammu & Kashmir Celebrates “Hearth” FestivalThree day long Maha Shivaratri festival, locally known as “Hearth” festival is celebrated across the Union Territory of Jammu & Kashmir (J&K). Pandit Community across J&K celebrated the festival with religious offerings “Watak Nath Pooja”. The festival marks the wedding of Lord Shiva with Goddess Parvati.
i.Biggest gathering of the festival was observed at Shankaracharya Temple, which is located near the Dal lake in Srinagar.
ii.This event is observed on the intervening night of 13th and 14th in the lunisolar month of the Hindu calendar.
iii.The event was celebrated with ‘Fish’, the traditional food of J&K.
About Jammu & Kashmir:
Lieutenant Governor – Sh. Manoj Sinha
1st Lt. Governor – Girish Chandra Murmu
Summer Capital – Srinagar
Winter Capital – Jammu
Amarnath Yatra is conducted annually at Srinagar.
India Sets Up 1st of its kind ‘India Energy Office’ inaugurated in Moscow,Russia; Enhances Cooperation in Energy SectorOn 2nd March, 2021 A 1st of its kind India Energy Office (IEO) was inaugurated by Tarun Kapoor, Secretary, Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas at Russia’s landmark Federation Tower in Moscow. India’s top 5 eminent oil companies – ONGC Videsh, IndianOil, GAIL, Oil India Ltd and Engineers India Ltd will use this as a common platform to expand cross investment in the Energy Sector.Indian is World’s third-largest oil consumer.
Note – Russia is India’s largest defence supplier.
i.IEO will promote mutual investment in the Energy Sector between Indian & Russian companies.
ii.Opening of IEO coincides with the participation of Indian oil companies in Russian Arctic Exploration project, “Vostok Project”.
iii.Russia, one of the World’s largest Energy Producers has the potential to act as an alternative to India’s overdependence on West Asia.
About Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas:
Union Minister – Dharmendra Pradhan (Constituency – Madhya Pradesh)
Secretary – Tarun Kapoor
President – Vladimir Putin
Capital – Moscow
Currency – Ruble
Lena River is the longest river in Russia.
Trans-Siberian Railway is the longest Railway line in the world.
Digital Skilled Workforce of India Needs to Grow 9 Folds by 2025: AWS Surveyi.On 25th February 2021, the Amazon Web Service(AWS) released a survey report titled “Unlocking APAC’s Digital Potential: Changing Digital Skill Needs and Policy Approaches”.
ii.The report states that the present workforce of India comprises only 12% of digitally skilled employees and the Digitally skilled workforce of India has to increase to 9 fold by 2025.
iii.The report was prepared by AlphaBeta, a strategy and economic consulting firm and commissioned by AWS.
iv.To reach the estimated demands of a digitally skilled workforce, the 6 APAC countries require 5.7 billion digital skill sessions and India will require a total of 3.9 billion digital skill sessions by 2025.
About Amazon Web Services(AWS):
CEO- Andy Jassy
Headquarters- Seattle, Washington DC, USA
<<Read Full News>>
India Chaired the First Meeting Of BRICS CGETI From 9th – 11th March 2021i.Under the chairship of India, the First Meeting of BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa) Contact Group on Economic and Trade Issues (CGETI) was held from 9th March 2021 to 11th March 2021.
ii.The 2021 theme of the BRICS is “BRICS@15: Intra BRICS Cooperation for Continuity, Consolidation, and Consensus”.
iii.India presented the calendar of events for BRICS CGETI 2021, this includes the priority areas for deliverables, schedule and scope of the MSME roundtable conference workshop on Services Statistics, and the BRICS Trade Fair.
Members– Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa
The First BRICS Ministerial Meeting was held on 20th September 2006.
<<Read Full News>>
Ramesh Pokhriyal inaugurates 29th Edition of New Delhi World Book Fair 2021
Union Education Minister, Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ inaugurated the 29th Edition of New Delhi World Book Fair 2021 – Virtual Edition. The fair was held from March 6-9, 2021. The theme of the book fair was ‘National Education Policy-2020’. The New Delhi World Book Fair is organized by the National Book Trust. The event saw participation of people from 15 countries including the UK, and US, UAE, China, France, Iran, Nepal, Spain, Sri Lanka, Ukraine, and Italy.
PM Modi releases Manuscript with Comments by 21 scholars on “Shlokas” of Srimad Bhagavadgita
On 9th March 2021, Prime Minister Narendra Modi released a Manuscript with commentaries by 21 scholars on ‘Shlokas’ of Srimad Bhagavadgita. The event also saw the presence of Lieutenant Governor of Jammu & Kashmir, Manoj Sinha & Dr. Karan Singh, the Chairman Trustee of Dharmarth Trust, J&K. PM prided on India’s culture to share its knowledge, thus Bhagavad Gita is translated into many Indian & International Languages.
President Laid Foundation Stone for Conservation Works at Singorgarh Fort in MP
On 7th March 2021, Ram Nath Kovind, President of India, laid the foundation stone for the conservation works at the Singorgarh fort and addressed the State level (Janjatiya Sammelan) Tribal conference in Singrampur village of Damoh district, Madhya Pradesh(MP).Singorgarh fort was a magnificent fort and a residence of Rajgond rulers of Central India.
President participated in the event during his 2-day visit to MP from 6th March 2021 to 7th March 2021.
- The program was organized by the Ministry of Culture, Government of India and Madhya Pradesh’s Tribal Affairs Department.
- He also inaugurated the new Jabalpur circle of Archaeological Survey of India(ASI)
40 scholars from 6 countries recommended for Indian Science Research Fellowship (ISRF) 2021
Forty scholars from six countries have been recommended for award of Indian Science Research Fellowship (ISRF) 2021. As part of India’s initiatives to engage with neighbouring countries to develop Science and Technology (S&T) partnerships, the Department of Science and Technology (DST) has launched ISRF Programme. Countries covered under this programme are Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal, Sri Lanka, and Thailand.
Google honours ‘India’s Satellite Man’ Udupi Ramachandra Rao with doodle on his birth anniversary
On March 10, 2021 Google has honoured ‘India’s Satellite Man’ Udupi Ramachandra Rao with doodle on his 89th birth anniversary, who was an Indian space scientist and chairman of the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) between 1984-94, supervised the 1975 launch of India’s first satellite “Aryabhata.”
- He was born in Karnataka in 1932.
- He was awarded the Padma Bhushan in 1976 and Padma Vibhushan in 2017 and became the first-ever Indian to be inducted into the Satellite Hall of Fame in the year 2013 by the Society of Satellite Professionals International.
In a World-first Trial, Japan-Australia Venture starts producing Hydrogen from Brown CoalIn a World-first trial, a Japan-Australia venture has started to produce Hydrogen from Brown Coal. The production is taking place at the Hydrogen Energy Supply Chain (HESC) coal-to-hydrogen plant in Brown Coal Reserves in the state of Victoria, Australia.
- The project is worth 500 Million Australian Dollars (USD 390 Million)
- HESC is run by Kawasaki Heavy Industries (Japan). The other partners in the project are Iwatani Corp, Marubeni Corp, Sumitomo Corp & AGL Energy Ltd (Australia).
Aim of the Project
- To show that Liquefied hydrogen can be produced commercially & exported safely overseas.
- To create the First International supply chain for liquified hydrogen, and ship a cargo on the World’s 1st liquified hydrogen carrier.
Importance to Japan
- The project will be vital in helping Japan to meet its target of net zero carbon emission by 2050.
Currency– Japanese yen
Prime Minister– Yoshihide Suga
Prime Minister – Scott Morrison
Capital – Canberra
<<Read Full News>>
BANKING & FINANCE
Edelweiss General Insurance Partnered with InterMiles to introduce ‘Free Cancellation Travel Insurance’On March 10, 2021, India’s 1st cloud-native insurers, Edelweiss General Insurance in partnership with InterMiles (leading travel and lifestyle rewards programme) launched Edelweiss Group Domestic Travel Insurance.
Significance of the Edelweiss Free cancellation policy:
- Customers booking tickets on InterMiles to travel anywhere in India can use this policy by paying a nominal amount at the time of booking.
- Cancellation of the booking could be done easily, using the policy’s Zero cancellation
- It allows the customers to cancel their flights up to 24 hours before departure and a full refund of the cancellation fee will be settled digitally as per the policy.
About Edelweiss General Insurance:
It is a member of the Edelweiss Group
Corporate office – Kalina, Mumbai
Executive Director & CEO – Shanai Ghosh
JetPrivilege, the flyer programme of Jet Airways, stepped away and renamed itself as InterMiles.
MD & CEO -Manish Dureja
<<Read Full News>>
RBI removed LIC – Owned IDBI Bank from its PCA Framework after 4 YearsOn March 10, 2021, The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) removed LIC – owned Industrial Development Bank of India (IDBI) from its enhanced regulatory supervision, the Prompt Corrective Action (PCA) framework, after almost 4 years, on improved financial performance and credit profile.
The process behind the removal from the PCA framework:
- RBI has decided to conduct a review on IDBI Bank by the Board for Financial Supervision(BFS) on February 18, 2021
- The bank has provided a written commitment that it would comply with the norms of the PCA framework and RBI decided to take them out of the PCA framework with certain conditions and continuous monitoring.
- IDBI’s progress: The Net NPAs of them was around 5.25% and 1.94% in the December quarter of the previous and current fiscal.
Four important parameters under PCA:
- The PCA framework deems banks as risky if they slip some trigger points from the following 4 parameters – capital to risk-weighted assets ratio (CRAR), net NPA, Return on Assets (RoA), and Tier 1 Leverage ratio.
- It has three risk threshold levels (1 being the lowest and 3 the highest) based on where a bank stands on these ratios initiation of certain structured and discretionary actions invokes a corrective action plan.
About Reserve Bank of India (RBI):
Established – 1st April 1935
Headquarters– Mumbai, Maharashtra
Governor– Shaktikanta Das
Deputy Governors– 4 (Bibhu Prasad Kanungo, Mahesh Kumar Jain, Michael Debabrata Patra, and M Rajeswar Rao)
<<Read Full News>>
SEBI Forms Expert Group Under PMAC to Examine Feasibility of SPACsOn March 11, 2021, Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) had formed the Group of Experts under its Primary Market Advisory Committee (PMAC) to check the feasibility to implement Special Purpose Acquisition Companies (SPACs) like structures in India.
Objective – To raise capital (Funds) in an initial public offering (IPO), which can be used for the proceeds to identify and merge with a target company.
Eligibility to become SPACs:
- Private equity funds or Financial Institutions(FIs), who is expertise in a particular industry or business sector, with investment for initial working capital and issue related expenses can form SPACs.
Advantage of Special Purpose Acquisition Companies (SPACs):
i.SPACs consumes less time than IPO for an organization to acquire the target company.
ii.Similar to private equity type transactions, If the buyer is a public Share holder, then the SPACs give the advantage of investing along with the sponsors in the SPAC.
About Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI):
Chairman – Shri Ajay Tyagi
Headquarter – Mumbai, Maharashtra
<<Read Full News>>
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
ICAR Receives King Bhumibol World Soil Day 2020 Award by FAOIndian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) received the King Bhumibol World Soil Day 2020 award for its contribution towards creating awareness on the importance of healthy soils in line with the theme of World Soil Day 2019 – Stop Soil Erosion, Save our Future.
- The award was presented at the ceremony held in Bangkok, Thailand on 7th March 2021.
- On Behalf of ICAR, Suchitra Durai, Ambassador of India to the Kingdom of Thailand received the award from H.E., Dr Chalermchai Srion, Minister of Agriculture and Cooperatives, Kingdom of Thailand.
i.The award was announced by the Food and Agriculture Organisation(FAO) of the United Nations(UN) in Rome on 4th December 2020, the eve of World Soil Day 2020.
ii.The ICAR-Indian Institute of Soil Science(IISS), Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh has organised a wide range of progress for students, the farming community and the general public.
About King Bhumibol World Soil Day Award:
i.The award was instituted in 2018 by the Global soil partnership(GSP) supported by the Kingdom of Thailand.
ii.The award recognises the individuals or institutions that organise successful and impactful World Soil Day Celebrations.
iii.The award comprises a medal, a USD 15,000 cheque, and a trip to Thailand.
About Indian Council of Agricultural Research(ICAR):
Director General- Dr. Trilochan Mohapatra
Headquarters- New Delhi
Niger’s President Mahamadou Issoufou wins 2020 Ibrahim Prize
Niger’s President Mahamadou Issoufou has won the 2020 Ibrahim Prize( $5 million award) for Achievement in African Leadership, who is the sixth recipient.
- The prize was introduced by Sudanese billionaire Mo Ibrahim’s foundation in 2006, which is awarded on criteria of good governance, democratic election and respect of terms limits.
Bihari Puraskar 2020 to be awarded to Mohankrishna Bohara
Mohankrishna Bohara will be awarded the 30th Bihari Puraskar Award for his Book ‘Taslima: Sangharsh aur Sahitya’.
About the award:-
i.The Bihari Puraskar is one of the three literary awards instituted by the KK Birla Foundation in 1991.
iiThe award is given every year for an outstanding work published in the last 10 years by a Rajasthani author in Hindi or Rajasthani.
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNATIONS
GP Samanta Appointed As The New CSI For A Term Of 2 Years
On 10th March 2021, GP Samanta, an advisor in the Department of Statistics and information management(DSIM), Reserve Bank of India(RBI) was appointed as the 4th Chief Statistician of India(CSI) for a term of 2 years. Samanta replaces Dr. Kshatrapati Shivaji, a 1986 batch IAS officer who has been the CSI since September 2020.
- The CSI will also hold the post of the Secretary of the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation(MoSPI).
- In addition to the function of Secretary of MoSPI, the CSI will also be the head of the National Statistical Organisation and Secretary of the National Statistical Commission.
- The new chief statistician will also be in charge of formulating the National Policy on Official Statistics which is under preparation.
Responsibilities of CSI:
i.Preparation of vital economic data like national accounts that encompass gross domestic product along with macroeconomic indicators like industrial production, retail inflation and the employment-unemployment numbers through the Periodic Labour Force Survey.
ii.The Annual Survey of Industries, Economic Census, Consumer Expenditure Survey and other surveys on agricultural households are also under the domain of CSI.
About GP Samanta:
i.In August 2010, RBI felicitated GP Samanta with Prof. P. C. Mahalanobis award for the year 2006 for her contribution to quantitative economics. The award was instituted by the Indian Econometric Society.
ii.The research interests of GP Samanta include inflation and monetary policy issues, economic modelling, forecasting, derivatives and risk management, financial risk modelling etc.
Aegon Life Insurance elevated Satishwar Balakrishnan as its MD and CEO
Aegon Life Insurance Limited, transforming to become India’s first digital-only life insurance company has elevated Satishwar Balakrishnan to be the Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer.
- He was involved in advancing their ‘do-it-yourself’ insurance solution.
- He joined the company in July 2019 as its Chief Financial Officer(CFO).
Gist About Aegon Life Insurance– It is headquartered in Mumbai and Founded in 2008.This company is a part of Times Group.
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
JPMorgan & GomSpace successfully test World’s First Bank-led Blockchain Transaction in Space Denmark based GomSpace and US-based JPMorgan Chase & Co have successfully tested the World’s First Bank-led Blockchain Transaction in Space (IOD – in-orbit demonstration) using Danish space firm GomSpace’s GOMX-4 Satellites. The Transactions were executive through smart contracts on a blockchain network, established between satellites orbiting the earth.
- The successful test would enable a peer-to-peer DvP (‘data versus payment’) satellite marketplace in the long term.
- It will also allow data transfers between satellites against payments.
CEO – Niels Buus
Headquarters – Aalborg, Denmark
<<Read Full News>>
Ashwin, Beaumont Win ICC Player of Month Awards for February
International Cricket Council (ICC) has announced India’s Ravichandran Ashwin as the ICC men’s player of the month (February) and England’s Tammy Beaumont as the ICC Women’s Player of the Month for February 2021.
BOOKS & AUTHORS
Ranjit Hoskote released his New Poetry book titled ‘Hunchprose’The Indian poet, art critic, cultural theorist, and independent curator Ranjit Hoskote released his recent 8th poetry collection titled ‘Hunchprose’ in English.
About: The poems are about the turbulent times we live in and celebrate every aspect of humanity and being human.
One of the best books of the author: ‘Vanishing Acts’, ‘Central Time’ ‘Jonahwhale’ and ‘I, Lalla: The Poems of Lal Ded’.
Awards and Recognitions:
- He was honoured with Sahitya Akademi Award for lifetime achievement in 2004.
- He has received the Sahitya Akademi Golden Jubilee Award, the Sahitya Akademi Translation Award, and the S H Raza Literature Award under the title ‘Everyone Agrees: It’s About to Explode’.
- His works have been translated into German, Hindi, Bengali, Irish, Marathi, Swedish and Spanish.
- He is also known as a translator as well, for his translations of the legendary Urdu poets Mir and Ghalib.
World Kidney Day 2021 – March 11i.World Kidney Day is annually observed across the globe on the 2nd Thursday of March to create awareness about the functions of Kidney and to educate the importance of kidney health and reduce the impacts of kidney diseases.
ii.The World Kidney Day Steering Committee has declared 2021 the year of “Living Well with Kidney Disease”.
iii.The World Kidney Day 2021 falls on 11th March 2021.
iv.The theme of World kidney Day 2021 is “Kidney Health for Everyone Everywhere – Living Well with Kidney Disease”.
v.The World Kidney Day is a joint initiative of the International Society of Nephrology (ISN) and the International Federation of Kidney Foundations (IFKF).
<<Read Full News>>
Punjab FM Manpreet Singh Badal presents State Budget for FY 2021-22 with an outlay of INR 1, 68, 015 CrorePunjab Finance Minister (FM) Manpreet Singh Badal presented the State Budget for FY 2021-22 with an outlay of INR 1, 68, 015 Crore.
Fiscal Indicators (Budget Estimates 2021-22)
- Revenue Receipts – INR 95,257.60 Crores
- Capital Receipts – INR 67,341.09 Crores
- Revenue Expenditure – INR 103879.91 Crores
- Fiscal Deficit – INR 24239.68 Crores
Crop Loan Waiver
- Debts worth INR 1,186 Crore will be waived for around 1.13 Lakh Small & Marginal Farmers.
- Debts worth INR 526 Crore are set to be waived for Landless farmers in 2021-22.
- Old Age Pension has been raised from INR 750 per month to INR 1, 500 per month.
- Free Power for Agriculture pump sets in 2021-22 at a cost of INR 7, 180 Crore.
Karnataka CM B.S. Yediyurappa presents State Budget for FY 2021-22 with an outlay of INR 2, 46, 207 CroreKarnataka Chief Minister (CM) B.S. Yediyurappa who also holds the Finance Portfolio presented the State Budget for FY 2021-22 (‘Karnataka Vikasa Patra 2021’) with an outlay of INR 2, 46, 207 Crore.
- No Additional Taxes were levied in the Budget.
- It was a revenue deficit budget, the estimated revenue deficit for 2021-22 is INR 15, 134 Crore.
- The size of the budget is INR 8, 314 Crore more than the budget allocated in 2020-21.
- Karnataka’s Gross State Domestic Product (GSDP) contracted by 2.6% in 2020-21.
- INR 7, 795 Crore has been allocated for overall development of Bengaluru under ‘Bengaluru Mission 2022’.
- Establishment of 500 MW capacity Inter State Transmission System (ISTS) solar power park at a cost of INR 350 Crore in Firozabad, Kalaburagi district.
- INR 500 Crore for promotion of organic farming.
Current Affairs Today (AffairsCloud Today)
|S.no||Current Affairs 13 March 2021|
|1||Labor Minister Launches Convergence of ESI Scheme with Ayushman Bharat PM-JAY in 4 States|
|2||INS Karanj, India’s 3rd Scorpene Class Submarine Commissioned at Naval Dockyard, Mumbai|
|3||India’s Fintech Sector valuation to touch USD 150-160 Billion by 2025: BCG & FICCI Report|
|4||Jammu & Kashmir Celebrates “Hearth” Festival|
|5||India-Russia boosts cooperation in Energy Sector by inaugurating India Energy Office in Moscow|
|6||Digital Skilled Workforce of India Needs to Grow 9 Folds by 2025: AWS Survey|
|7||India Chaired the First Meeting Of BRICS CGETI From 9th – 11th March 2021|
|8||Ramesh Pokhriyal inaugurates 29th Edition of New Delhi World Book Fair 2021|
|9||PM Modi releases Manuscript with Comments by 21 scholars on “Shlokas” of Srimad Bhagavadgita|
|10||President Laid Foundation Stone for Conservation Works at Singorgarh Fort in MP|
|11||40 scholars from 6 countries recommended for Indian Science Research Fellowship (ISRF) 2021|
|12||Google honours ‘India’s Satellite Man’ Udupi Ramachandra Rao with doodle on his birth anniversary|
|13||In a World-first Trial, Japan-Australia Venture starts producing Hydrogen from Brown Coal|
|14||Edelweiss General Insurance Partnered with InterMiles to introduce ‘Free Cancellation Travel Insurance’|
|15||RBI removed LIC – Owned IDBI Bank from its PCA Framework after 4 Years|
|16||SEBI Forms Expert Group Under PMAC to Examine Feasibility of SPACs|
|17||ICAR Receives King Bhumibol World Soil Day 2020 Award by FAO|
|18||Niger’s President Mahamadou Issoufou wins 2020 Ibrahim Prize|
|19||Bihari Puraskar 2020 to be awarded to Mohankrishna Bohara|
|20||GP Samanta Appointed As The New CSI For A Term Of 2 Years|
|21||Satishwar Balakrishnan appointed as Aegon Life’s MD & CEO|
|22||JPMorgan & GomSpace successfully test World’s First Bank-led Blockchain Transaction in Space|
|23||Ashwin, Beaumont Win ICC Player of Month Awards for February|
|24||Ranjit Hoskote releases new poetry book ‘Hunchprose’|
|25||World Kidney Day 2021 – March 11|
|26||Punjab FM Manpreet Singh Badal presents State Budget for FY 2021-22 with an outlay of INR 1, 68, 015 Crore|
|27||Karnataka CM B.S. Yediyurappa presents State Budget for FY 2021-22 with an outlay of INR 2, 46, 207 Crore|