We are here for you to provide the important Recent and Latest Current Affairs 12 March 2021, which have unique updates of Latest Current Affairs 2021 events from all newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economic Times, PIB, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express, Business Standard and all Government official websites.
Our Current Affairs March 2021 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2021 PDF which will be a pedestrian to crack your exams.
Read Current Affairs in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Learn Current Affairs – Free Course – Click Here to Download the APP
India, Uzbekistan armies conduct Military Exercise ‘DUSTLIK II’ in Ranikhet, UttarakhandThe 2nd Edition of Annual Bilateral Joint Military Exercise ‘DUSTLIK-II’ between the Indian Army & Uzbekistan Army is being held from March 10-19, 2021 at Chaubatia, near Ranikhet, Uttarakhand. The exercise focused on Counter Insurgency (CI) & Counter-Terrorism (CT) skills of both sides.
- From the Indian side, 13 Kumaon regiment (also called Rezang La Battalion) was nominated for the exercise.
- 45 Soldiers each from the Indian & Uzbekistan Army had participated in the exercise which will recreate a Kashmir-like counter-terror operation.
- The 1st Edition of ‘Dustlik-I’ was hosted by Uzbekistan in Chirchiq Training Area near Tashkent from November 4-13, 2019.
- To share Expertise & skills in counter-terrorist operations in mountainous/rural/urban scenario under United Nations (UN) mandate.
- Focus on people-centric intelligence-based surgical operations, utilizing technological advancements to minimize collateral damage.
President – Shavkat Mirziyoyev
Capital – Tashkent
Currency – Uzbekistan Som (UZS)
<<Read Full News>>
Cabinet Approvals on March 10, 2021On March 10, 2021, The Union Cabinet headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi gave its approval for
- Creation of Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Nidhi as a single non-lapsable reserve fund for health from Health & Education Cess.
- Amendment for Insurance Act, 1938 to increase Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) limit in the sector to 74% from 49%.
Creation of Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Nidhi (PMSSN)
PMSSN was approved as a single non-lapsable reserve fund for a share of Health from the proceeds of Health & Education Cess levied under Section 136-b of Finance Act, 2007.
- PMSSN will be administered & maintained by the Ministry of Health &Family Welfare (MoHFW).
- It will serve as a Non-Lapsable reserve fund for Health in Public Account, A non-lapsable fund would mean the unspent amount from capital budget of the ministry will not lapse, and will continue in the next fiscal.
- The Accruals from the proceeds will be utilized for implementing the schemes of the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare.
Cabinet approves Amendment to hike FDI to 74%
The cabinet approved the Amendment for Insurance Act, 1938 to increase FDI in the Insurance Sector to 74% from 49%.
- The increase in FDI is expected to improve capital availability & boost competition in the sector.
- It was announced by the Union Finance Minister, Nirmala Sitharaman in the Union Budget 2021-22.
GST e-invoicing mandatory for Businesses with over INR 50 Crore Turnover from April 1, 2021According to a notification by the Central Board of Indirect Taxes & Customs (CBIC), Government is set to mandate Electronic-invoicing (e-invoicing) under the Goods and Services Tax (GST) regime for business entities with a turnover of INR 50 Crore & more from April 1, 2021 (start of next financial year) for business to business transactions.
- It is the 3rd Phase of mandatory e-invoicing under the GST regime. The 1st phase of e-invoicing covered business entities with INR 500 Crore turnover & the 2nd phase covered entities with INR 100 Crore.
- E-invoicing is mandatory under Central Goods and Services Tax (CGST) Rules, 2017.
- To bring transparency in sales reporting, minimising errors and mismatches.
- Automation of data entry work & improving compliance.
- It will help in the prevention of Tax Evasion.
- E-invoicing facilitates the easy generation of the e-way bill.
About Central Board of Indirect Taxes & Customs (CBIC):
It is part of the Department of Revenue under the Ministry of Finance, Government of India
Chairman – M Ajit Kumar
Head Office – New Delhi
<<Read Full News>>
NHA & UTI InfraTech Signs to Issue Free PVC Ayushman Bharat PM-JAY Cards to Beneficiaries
National Health Authority(NHA) and UTI Infrastructure Technology & Services Limited (UTIITSL) , company under Ministry of Finance signed an agreement to issue free new PVC Ayushman cards to Ayushman Bharat-Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB-PMJAY) beneficiaries in 11 States/Union Territory to avail the health service.
- Based on the above agreement NHA will issue this free card using UTIITSL technologies to Bihar, Manipur, Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, Tripura, Nagaland, Chandigarh, Puducherry, Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh and Uttarakhand where the PM-JAY scheme where currently force in these states. So far, beneficiaries used to pay Rs. 30 as fees at UTIITSL.
- Earlier NHA has also signed MoU with Common Service Centres (CSC) for generating PVC Ayushman cards.
- Also Ayushman Card is not an essential requirement to receive the PMJAY scheme services. It is used to avail the cashless service faster and easier using technology for beneficiaries.
About National Health Authority(NHA):-
Chief Executive Officers (CEOs)- Dr. Ram Sewak Sharma
Additional CEO – Dr. Praveen Gedam
Deputy CEO – Vipul Aggarwal
Headquarters – New Delhi
About UTI Infrastructure Technology & Services Limited (UTIITSL)
Established – 1993
MD & CEO – Shri Vijay Kumar Jain
India’s Largest Floating Solar Power Plant at Telangana to be commissioned by May 2021India’s Largest Floating Solar Power Plant of 100 MegaWatt (MW) capacity being constructed at Ramagundam in Peddapalli district of Telangana is set to be commissioned by May-June, 2021. It will be India’s largest floating solar plant in a single location as of now.
- It is being developed by NTPC South (formerly known as National Thermal Power Corporation Limited) at a cost of INR 423 Crore over the water surface of Sri Ram Sagar Project Reservoir.
- It will also be India’s biggest floating solar plant, by generation capacity, to date.
- Along with the 100 MW Ramagundam solar plant, two other projects namely the 92 MW floating unit at Kayamkulam gas plant in Kerala & the 25 MW unit at Simhadri power plant in Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh will also be commissioned by May-June, 2021.
About NTPC limited:
Established – 1975
CMD – Gurdeep Singh
Headquarters – New Delhi
<<Read Full News>>
REC, PFC signs with KHEL of Bhutan to Finance 600MW Hydropower Project
On March 10,2021 REC Ltd(formerly Rural Electrification Corporation Limited ) and Power Finance Corporation (PFC) from New Delhi made an agreement with Bhutan-based Kholongchhu Hydro Energy Ltd(KHEL) for the financing of 600- megawatt(MW) hydroelectric project at Trashiyangtse, Bhutan.
i.The project is funded to be in a debt-equity ratio of 70:30.Based on the ratio,REC would extend term loan of Rs 2,029 crore, PFC extend the loan of Rs 2,029 crore,,NPPF, Bhutan extend the loan of Rs 200 crore and Bank of Bhutan extend the loan of Rs 200 crore
ii.KHEL is a 50:50 joint venture between SJVN India and Druk Green Power Corporation (Bhutan) under the companies Act of Kingdom of Bhutan, 2000 on 12th June 2015 for the development of 600 MW Kholongchhu Hydro Electric Project in eastern Bhutan.
About REC Limited
Established in – 1969
Chairman and Managing Director – Shri Sanjay Malhotra, IAS
Headquarters – New Delhi
About Power Finance Corporation Ltd
Established in – 1986
Chairman & Managing Director – Shri Ravinder Singh Dhillon
Headquarters – New Delhi
First-Ever Visit of INS to Historic Port City of Mongla, Bangladesh
Indian Naval Ships(INS) Sumedha, an indigenously built Offshore Patrol vessel and INS Kulish, an indigenously built guided missile corvette made a port call at the historic port city of Mongla, Bangladesh from 8th to 10th March 2021.
This is the first-ever visit of INS to Mongla to pay homage to the Bangladeshi and Indian soldiers and citizens who lost their lives during the 1971 liberation war.
This is a part of the commemoration of Swarnim Vijay Varsh – 50th-anniversary celebrations of the 1971 War of Liberation against Pakistan aimed to reiterate the relationship between India and Bangladesh in line with SAGAR – Security and Growth for all in the region.
Sanjay Dhotre MoS, MeitY Virtually inaugurates International Conference on MEMP 2021 at PuneOn 8th March, 2021 Sanjay Dhotre, Minister of State (MoS) for Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) virtually inaugurated the 3 day International Conference on Multifunctional Electronic Materials & Processing (MEMP 2021) at Pune, Maharashtra. MEMP-2021 was organised by the Centre for Materials for Electronics Technology (C-MET), Pune.
i.He highlighted on the rise of India’s share in global electronics manufacturing for 1.3% in 2012 to 3.6% in 2019.
ii.As a result of Indian Govt. initiatives like Make in India & AtmaNirbar Bharat, over 200 electronics manufacturing units were developed.
iii.India’s Domestic production of Electronics items saw a compounded annual growth rate of 23% between 2014 & 2020.
iv.The production of mobile phones has gone up from about 6 crore mobile phones in 2014-15 to approximately 33 crore mobile phones in 2019-20.
Note- Currently, C-MET is producing Hafnium and Silicon Carbide for ISRO & DRDO.
About Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY):
Union Minister – Ravi Shankar Prasad (Constituency – Patna Sahib, Bihar)
Minister of State – Dhotre Sanjay Shamrao (Constituency – Akola, Maharashtra)
BANKING & FINANCE
Samsung Electronics, Mastercard, and Samsung Card join hands to launch a Fingerprint Biometric Payment CardOn March 04, 2021, in Korea, Mastercard, Samsung Electronics’ System LSI Business, and Samsung Card signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to develop a biometric card with a built-in fingerprint scanner sensor to provide faster and secure payments transactions which reduce physical contact by avoiding the entering of PIN on Keypad.
- The card will be developed by Samsung’s System LSI Business’ security chipset
- Working with Mastercard and Samsung Card to create an environment for using the payment card.
i.Payment: Users can pay through this biometric card at any Mastercard chip-enabled terminal or Point of sale(POS) terminal.
ii.Availability: Initially this card will be available in South Korea especially for corporate clients as corporate credit cards as they will be having more international transactions.
iii.Identification: The card will use fingerprint recognition to verify the identities of cardholders.
Headquarters – New York, U.S.
President and CEO – Michael Miebach
<<Read Full News>>
KVB Bank and Cholamandalam Investment announced a Co-lending PartnershipOn March 10, 2021, Karur Vysya Bank (KVB)and Cholamandalam Investment and Finance Company Limited (Chola), financial services arm of the Murugappa Group launched their co-lending business with technology from Nucleus Software.
Objective of the co-lending:
- To lower the cost of capital and open new markets by enabling new loans at finer rates
- Using technology to enable seamless integration with multiple partner banks
- Easily scalable model to facilitate rapid business expansion and effective risk management
Co-Lending Model (CLM):
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) announced this scheme, under which NBFCs shall be required to retain a minimum of 20% share of the individual loans, it will not apply to foreign banks with less than 20 branches and it enables banks to meet their priority sector lending target.
About Karur Vysya Bank (KVB):
Headquarters– Karur, Tamil Nadu.
Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO)- B Ramesh Babu
Tagline – Smart Way to Bank
<<Read Full News>>
Axis Bank Launched wearable contactless payment devices under ‘Wear ‘N’ Pay’On March 10, 2021, Axis Bank launched a wearable program named ‘Wear ‘N’ Pay’, to make contactless transactions. It includes its own wearable payment devices in a variety of accessories like the band, key chain, and watch loop.
Process of Payment and Benefits of ‘Wear ‘N’ Pay’:
- The wearables are embedded with a Flexi-chip which is directly linked with the customer’s bank account to make payments up to Rs. 5000 the customer has to wave/tap at a POS (Point of Sale) machine and beyond which a PIN is required to complete the transaction
- It provides a daily purchase limit of about Rs. 1,00,000 and there is no limit on the number of daily transactions.
- The devices are at an affordable price with a Joining fee of Rs. 750 and an Annual Fee of Rs. 500
About Axis Bank:
India’s 3rd largest private sector Bank
Commenced operations – 1994(founded- 1993)
Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) – Amitabh Chaudhry
Headquarter– Mumbai, Maharashtra
Tagline– Badhti ka Naam Zindagi
<<Read Full News>>
SBI Topped the MeitY Digital Payment Scorecard for 3 Consecutive Monthsi.State Bank of India(SBI) topped the Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology(MeitY) Digital Payment Scorecard for 3 consecutive months. The scorecard tracks the performance of the commercial banks on various digital parameters.
ii.SBI topped the list by recording the highest UPI transaction volume of around 64crore with a user base of 13.5 crores.
iii.Over its digital platform, SBI has processed around 636 crore transactions which accounts for around 67% of the total transactions volume of the bank.
About State Bank of India(SBI):
Chairman– Dinesh Kumar Khara
Headquarters– Mumbai, Maharashtra
Tagline– The Banker to Every Indian
Established on– 1st July 1955 after the nationalisation of the Imperial Bank of India.
<<Read Full News>>
Paytm launches Smart PoS App & Soundbox 2.0On 9th March, 2021 e-Commerce & financial Service provider, Paytm, launched “Smart PoS”a new application for accepting contactless payments through smartphones. Paytm also launched the second version of its Internet of Things (IoT) based instant voice conformation device, “Soundbox 2.0”.
Note- Globally 60% of Visa transactions outside the US are made through Contactless payments.
About Smart PoS:
i.The Smart PoS app is supported by “Paytm for Business” (P4B) app for managing seamless transactions.
ii.Paytm has also partnered with Visa & MasterCard for enabling special features to the Contact less payment system.
iii.The app supports all cards (Contactless & Contact based), UPI payments, QR codes & supports all credit & debit cards.
iv.This New Contact less payment service is enabled using Near Field Communication (NFC) Technology.
About Soundbox 2.0:
i.It is an IoT enabled system that provides instant voice update on payment confirmation to the merchant.
ii.Soundbox 2.0, is equipped with a digital screen along with voice confirmation for payments.
Headquarters– Noida, Uttar Pradesh
Founder & Chief Executive Officer(CEO)– Vijay Shekhar Sharma
Founded– August 2010
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
Chess Player Koneru Humpy Won 2nd Edition of BBC ISWOTY 2020 Padma Shri Koneru Humpy, a 33-year-old chess player from Andhra Pradesh(AP) won the 2nd edition of the BBC Indian Sportswoman of the year (BBC ISWOTY) 2020. The award was given based on the public vote in which Koneru Humpy won against sprinter Dutee Chand, airgun shooter Manu Bhaker, wrestler Vinesh Phogat, and hockey captain Rani Rampal.
- Tim Davie, the director-general of BBC who hosted the virtual award ceremony announced the winners of the award.
i.Lifetime Achievement Award – received by Anju Bobby George, the only Indian athlete to have won a world championship medal in the long jump in 2003.
ii. Emerging Player of the Year award – received by Olympian Manu Bhaker, an airgun shooter. This award category was newly added and it was announced by English Cricketer Ben Stokes.
About Koneru Humpy:
i.Konery Humpy became the youngest female grandmaster in 2002 at the age of 15, the record was broken by Hou Yifan of China in 2008.
ii. She won the World Rapid Chess Championship title in December 2019.
iii. She won the 2020 Cairns Cup, the elite level tournament for female players.
i.She was honored with the Arjuna Award in 2003.
ii.She received the 4th Highest civilian award the Padma Shri in 2007 for sports.
About BBC Indian Sportswoman of the year:
BBC Indian Sportswoman of the year was launched in 2019 to celebrate the achievements of women and girls in sports and highlight the issues and difficulties faced by them in India.
- PV Sindhu, Badminton Player, won the inaugural BBC Indian Sportswoman of the year award 2019.
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNATIONS
India’s CAG Girish Chandra Murmu Re-appointed as Chairman of UN’s Panel of External AuditorsOn March 09, 2021,14th Comptroller and Auditor General of India (CAG), Shri Girish Chandra Murmu was re-appointed as the Chairman of the Panel of External Auditors of the United Nations(UN) for the year 2021. He was initially elected as Chairman of the Panel for 2020. He was born in Mayurbhanj District of Odisha.
Roles and responsibilities: To lead the panel to report and audit the accounts and management operations of the UN and its specialised agencies.
i.He was the first Lt Governor of Union Territory(UT) of Jammu and Kashmir in October 2019 after its formation under the Jammu and Kashmir Reorganisation Act, 2019.
ii.Presently, he is the External Auditor of the United Nations’s Specialized Agencies like
- World Health Organization(WHO) (2020- 2023)
- Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) (2020- 2025)
- Inter Parliamentary Union (2020-2022)
About Comptroller and Auditor General of India (CAG):
Article – Established under Article 148 of the Constitution of India.
Headquarters– New Delhi
The current/14th CAG – Girish Chandra Murmu, assumed office on 8 August 2020
About the UN Panel of External Auditors:
Establishment – 1959 by UN General Assembly.
External Auditors: Panel has Auditors from 13 countries
<<Read Full News>>
Thomas Bach Re-elected as President of IOC until 2025On 10th March 2021, the Executive Board of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) re-elected Thomas Bach for an additional term of 4 years as the President of ICO until 2025.
His current term as the President of IOC will finish on the closing day of the Tokyo Olympic Games on 8th August 2021 and his second term as the President will start on 9th August 2021 and will conclude in 2025.
- He was the only candidate of the IOC presidential election which was held during the 137th IOC session held in Athens.
- At the 2013 IOC session held in Buenos Aires, Tomas Bach former olympian and a fencing champion was first elected as the president of IOC for a term of 8 years.
About Thomas Bach:
i.Thomas Bach of Germany won the team gold medal at the 1976 Summer Olympics held in Montreal, Canada.
ii.He was born on 29 December 1953 in Würzburg, Germany.
2020 Tokyo Olympic Games:
i.2020 Summer Olympics also known as Tokyo 2020 are set to take place from July 23-August 8, 2021 in Tokyo, Japan.
ii.Originally it was scheduled to take place from 24 July to 9 August 2020, the event was postponed in March 2020 as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
About International Olympic Committee (IOC):
IOC is a not-for-profit independent international organisation that is committed to building a better world through sport.
President– Thomas Bach
Headquarters– Lausanne, Switzerland
Created on 23 June 1894
Ivory Coast President Appointed Patrick Achi as Interim Prime Minister
On 8th March 2021, Ivory Coast President Alassane Ouattara appointed Patrick Achi as the interim Prime Minister of Ivory Coast due to the poor health condition of incumbent Hamed Bakayoko
- Patric Achi, a member of The Democratic Party of Ivory Coast – African Democratic Rally, served as the government spokesman for President Alassane Ouattara.
- He has served as the Minister of Economic Infrastructure between 2010 and 2017.
Tene Birahima Ouattara, younger brother of President Alassane Ouattara, has been appointed as the Minister of Defence.
About the Republic of Ivory Coast(Côte d’Ivoire):
President- Alassane Ouattara
Currency- West African CFA franc
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
Russia & China partners to set up International Lunar Scientific Research Station
i.On 9th March, 2021 Russian space agency “Roscosmos” signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with China National Space Administration (CNSA) for jointly creating an International Lunar Scientific Research (ILSR) Station,built on the lunar surface and/or on the lunar orbit.
ii.With regard to this project, Zhang Kejian, administrator of the China National Space Administration signed an memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Russian space agency Roscosmos, chief Dmitry Rogozin.
iii.Funtions of the ILSR Station-It will carry out scientific research activities such as the lunar exploration and utilization, lunar-based observation, basic scientific experiment and technical verification.It which will be open for all countries.
Note- International Space Station (ISS) launched in 1998 was developed by 5 space agencies: NASA, Roscosmos, JAXA (Japan), ESA (EU), and CSA(Canada).
About China National Space Administration (CNSA):
Administrator – Zhang Kejian
Head Quarter – Beijing, China
<<Read Full News>>
NADA Disciplinary Panel Imposed Sanctions on Weightlifter Madhavan R & Boxer Ruchika for Violating CodeOn 9th March 2021, the Disciplinary Panel of the National Anti-Doping Agency (NADA) imposed sanctions on Madhavan R, Weightlifter, and Ruchika, Boxer for the violation of NADA’s code on the usage of prohibited substances.
- The Anti-Doping Disciplinary Panel(ADDP) has banned Madhavan R and Ruchika for 4 years and 2 years respectively.
- Madhavan R was tested positive for the prohibited substance Phentermine & Mephentermine and Ruchika was found positive for Furosemide.
- The athletes have an option to appeal against the ADDP’s sanction to the higher panel Anti-Doping Appeals Panel(ADAP).
Wrestling: India bags 8 Medals at Matteo Pellicone Ranking Series 2021 held in Rome, Italy The 14-member Indian Wrestling Contingent bagged 8 medals (2 Gold, 1 Silver, 5 Bronze) at the Matteo Pellicone Ranking Series 2021 held at Rome, Italy from March 4-7, 2021. The series was conducted for the categories of Freestyle, Greco-Roman & Women Wrestling.
- Around 26 Countries participated in the Tournament which was organized by the United World Wrestling (UWW).
|Bajrang Punia||Men’s 65 Kg (Freestyle)||Gold|
|Vinesh Phogat||Women’s 53 Kg||Gold|
|Sarita Mor||Women’s 57 Kg||Silver|
|Vishal Kaliramana||Men’s 70 Kg (Freestyle)||Bronze|
|Neeraj||Men’s 63 Kg (Greco-Roman)||Bronze|
|Kuldeep Malik||Men’s 72 Kg (Greco-Roman)||Bronze|
|Naveen||Men’s 130 Kg (Greco-Roman)||Bronze|
|Arjun Halakurki||Men’s 55 Kg (Greco-Roman)||Bronze|
Shooting – Indian Men Team Wins Bronze, Women’s Team Wins Silver at ISSF World Cup 2021, EgyptThe ISSF (International Shooting Sport Federation) Shotgun World Cup 2021 was held in Cairo, Egypt from February 22-March 5,2021. The Shotgun tournament took place for disciplines of Trap Shooting & Skeet Shooting.
Women’s Trap Team Wins Silver
- The Indian Women’s Trap Team trio of Kirti Gupta, Manisha Keer & Rajeshwari Kumari won the Silver medal in the event. They were defeated by Russia in the Final.
Men’s Skeet Team Wins Bronze
- The Indian Trio of Mairaj Ahmed Khan, Angad Vir Singh Bajwa & Gurjoat Khangura won the Bronze Medal in Men’s skeet team event at the ISSF Shotgun World Cup in Cairo.
- Russia won the Gold Medal while Czech Republic won the Silver medal.
- Russia topped the overall medal standings with 9 medals, followed by Croatia & Spain
- India finished 7th with 2 medals
About International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF):
President – Vladimir Lisin
Headquarters – Munich, Germany
Ivory Coast Prime Minister Hamed Bakayoko passed away at 56 On 10th March 2021, Hamed Bakayoko, Prime Minister(PM) of Ivory Coast and Minister of Defence passed away at the age of 56 in a hospital in Germany due to cancer. He was born on 8th March 1965 in Abidjan, Ivory Coast.
Patrick Achi has been appointed as the interim Prime Minister of Ivory Coast.
About Hamed Bakayoko:
i.Hamed Bakayoko, a former media executive turned politician was appointed as the Prime Minister of Ivory Coast in July 2020 following the death of his predecessor Amadou Gon Coulibaly.
ii.He served as the head of Ivory Coast Subsidiary of French Radio Nostalgie in 1993.
iii.He became the head of the radio’s African operations in 2000.
BOOKS & AUTHORS
Susmita Mukherjee Authored a New Book Titled “Baanjh: Incomplete Lives of Complete Women”Actor, Screenwriter, and Playwright Susmita Mukherjee have authored her 2nd book titled “Baanjh: Incomplete Lives of Complete Women”. The book is a collection of 11 short stories that portray the lives of women from various social backgrounds.
The book was published by Readomania Publishing.
About the book:
i.The book features the world of the women who are living in the excluded society to the women living in higher levels of society.
ii.The title of the book is named after one of the 11 short stories in the book called Baanjh which is about the life of Rukmini Devi in an abusive marriage.
About Susmita Mukherjee:
i.Susmita Mukherjee, a well-known actor, producer, and director, has more than a 3-decade career in theatre, films, and television.
ii.She is the founder of Naatak Company, a theatre group that started in 1988.
iii.Her debut novel was “Mee and Juhibaby” and she has also authored several short stories.
National Gestational Diabetes Mellitus (GDM) Awareness Day 2021 – March 10i.The National Gestational Diabetes Mellitus (GDM) Awareness Day is annually observed across India on 10th March to create nationwide awareness about the connection between maternal health and diabetes.
ii.10th March 2021 is observed as the National GDM Awareness Day.
India observed the World’s First National GDM Awareness Day from 10th March 2019.
iii.In 2016 DIPSI (Diabetes in Pregnancy Study Group in India) declared March 10th of every year as GDM day.
iv.In 2019, The National Health Mission directed state-level officials to join hands with these organisations to mark the National GDM Awareness Day as a national event.
v.Dr. Jitendra Singh, Union Minister, released the Guidelines for “Management of Diabetes in Pregnancy” prepared by Diabetes in Pregnancy Study Group of India (DIPSI) headed by Professor V Seshiah, one of the founding fathers of Diabetology in India.
<<Read Full News>>
Delhi Government presents INR 69, 000 Crore State Budget terms it ‘Deshbhakti Budget’Delhi Deputy Chief Minister (CM) Manish Sisodia who also holds the Finance Portfolio presented the State Budget 2021-22 with an outlay of INR 69, 000 Crores. He termed the budget as ‘Deshbhakti budget’ as the government has decided to celebrate the 75th year of Independence (in 2021) as tribute to martyrs of the freedom movement.
- It was Delhi’s 1st Paperless Budget
- Delhi’s budget allocation increased to INR 69, 000 Crore from INR 65,000 Crore in 2020-21 Budget.
- Revised Estimated for the current year 2020-21 is proposed at INR 59, 000 Crore
List of announcements made under ‘Deshbhakti’ programme
- Delhi’s 1st Sainik School & and a Delhi Armed Forces Preparatory Academy to be set up.
Aims & Targets
- The Delhi government has stated that it aims to bid for hosting the 2048 Olympic Games.
- The Government also aims to increase Delhi’s per capita income to the level of Singapore by 2047.
We Hub collaborates with Australia to launch Women Entrepreneurship program “UPSurge”In March 2021, WE Hub, a government of Telangana initiative partnered with Australian government to launch “UPSurge” a 12-week pre-incubation program conducted across India. The program is targeted towards Women Entrepreneurs to minimise financial risk while selling novel products & achieve financial independence. Australia is the first International Partner of WE Hub, when they jointly launched the “Community Slate” program that was concluded in 2020.
About WE Hub:
WE Hub is India’s 1st and only state-led incubator to foster and promote women entrepreneurship.
Chief Executive Officer (CEO) – Deepthi Ravula
Headquarters – Hyderabad, Telangana
Prime Minister – Scott Morrison
Capital – Canberra
Mount Kosciuszko is the highest mountain in Australia.
<<Read Full News>>
Current Affairs Today (AffairsCloud Today)
|S.no||Current Affairs 12 March 2021|
|1||India, Uzbekistan armies conduct Military Exercise ‘DUSTLIK II’ in Ranikhet, Uttarakhand|
|2||Cabinet Approvals on March 10, 2021|
|3||GST e-invoicing mandatory for Businesses with over INR 50 Crore Turnover from April 1, 2021|
|4||NHA signs MoU with UTIITSL to issue new PVC Ayushman Bharat cards to beneficiaries for free|
|5||India’s Largest Floating Solar Power Plant at Telangana to be commissioned by May 2021|
|6||REC, PFC sign pact to finance 600-megawatt hydropower project in Bhutan|
|7||First-Ever Visit of INS to Historic Port City of Mongla, Bangladesh|
|8||Sanjay Dhotre MoS, MeitY Virtually inaugurates International Conference on MEMP 2021 at Pune|
|9||Samsung, Mastercard, LSI Business, and Samsung Card join hands to launch a Fingerprint Biometric Payment Card|
|10||KVB Bank and Cholamandalam Investment announced a Co-lending Partnership|
|11||Axis Bank Launched wearable contactless payment devices under ‘Wear ‘N’ Pay’|
|12||SBI Topped the MeitY Digital Payment Scorecard for 3 Consecutive Months|
|13||Paytm launches Smart PoS App & Soundbox 2.0|
|14||Chess Player Koneru Humpy Won 2nd Edition of BBC ISWOTY 2020|
|15||India’s CAG Girish Chandra Murmu Re-appointed as Chairman of UN’s Panel of External Auditors|
|16||Thomas Bach Re-elected as President of IOC until 2025|
|17||Ivory Coast President Appointed Patrick Achi as Interim Prime Minister|
|18||Russia & China partners to set up International Lunar Scientific Research Station|
|19||NADA Disciplinary Panel Imposed Sanctions on Weightlifter Madhavan R & Boxer Ruchika for Violating Code|
|20||Wrestling: India bags 8 Medals at Matteo Pellicone Ranking Series 2021 held in Rome, Italy|
|21||Shooting – Indian Men Team Wins Bronze, Women’s Team Wins Silver at ISSF World Cup 2021, Egypt|
|22||Ivory Coast Prime Minister Hamed Bakayoko passed away at 56|
|23||Susmita Mukherjee Authored a New Book Titled “Baanjh: Incomplete Lives of Complete Women”|
|24||National Gestational Diabetes Mellitus (GDM) Awareness Day 2021 – March 10|
|25||Delhi Government presents INR 69, 000 Crore State Budget terms it ‘Deshbhakti Budget’|
|26||We Hub collaborates with Australia to launch Women Entrepreneurship program “UPSurge”|