Delhi Deputy Chief Minister (CM) Manish Sisodia who also holds the Finance Portfolio presented the State Budget 2021-22 with an outlay of INR 69, 000 Crores. He termed the budget as ‘Deshbhakti budget’ as the government has decided to celebrate the 75th year of Independence (in 2021) as tribute to martyrs of the freedom movement.
- It was Delhi’s 1st Paperless Budget
- Delhi’s budget allocation increased to INR 69, 000 Crore from INR 65,000 Crore in 2020-21 Budget.
- Revised Estimated for the current year 2020-21 is proposed at INR 59, 000 Crore
- Education Sector – INR 16, 377 Crore (24%)
- Health Sector – INR 9, 934 Crore (14%)
- Transport Sector & Infrastructure – INR 9,394 Crore (13%)
List of announcements made under ‘Deshbhakti’ programme
- Delhi’s 1st Sainik School & and a Delhi Armed Forces Preparatory Academy to be set up.
- INR 45 Crore for installing high masts to hoist the national flag at 500 places in the national capital.
- INR 10 Crore allocated to conduct programmes to honour Shaheed Bhagat Singh & Babasaheb Bhim Rao Ambedkar.
Aims & Targets
- The Delhi government has stated that it aims to bid for hosting the 2048 Olympic Games.
- The Government also aims to increase Delhi’s per capita income to the level of Singapore by 2047, which means it has to increase the per capita income 16-fold to achieve the target.
- The Per Capita Expenditure of Government of Delhi through budgetary transaction is set to increase from INR 19, 218 in 2015-16 to INR 33, 173 in 2021-22.
‘Saheli Samanvay Kendra’
To empower women by setting up 500 anganwadi hubs for incubating individual start-ups & promoting self-help groups.
- 100 Special ‘Mahila Mohalla Clinic’ to be set up for women in different parts of Delhi from 2022.
- INR 50 crore allocated for ‘Aam Aadmi Nishulk COVID Vaccine Yojana’.
- ‘Entrepreneurship Mindset’ syllabus introduced for school children of class 9-12 to develop 21st Century skills such as critical thinking, problem solving, risk tracking & self-management.
- INR 2,000 per child seed-money to be provided for school children of 11th & 12th class for displaying their entrepreneurial skills under the Entrepreneurship program.
Forts – Red Fort, Tughlaqabad Fort, Feroz Shah Kotla Fort