National Health Authority(NHA) and UTI Infrastructure Technology & Services Limited (UTIITSL) , company under the Ministry of Finance signed an agreement to issue free new PVC Ayushman cards to Ayushman Bharat-Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB-PMJAY) beneficiaries in 11 States/Union Territory to avail the health service.
- Based on the above agreement NHA will issue this free card using UTIITSL technologies to Bihar, Manipur, Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, Tripura, Nagaland, Chandigarh, Puducherry, Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh and Uttarakhand where the PM-JAY scheme where currently force in these states. So far, beneficiaries used to pay Rs. 30 as fees at UTIITSL.
- UTIITSL is the second agency after Common Service Centre (CSC SPV) which has been empanelled by the NHA to provide free PVC Ayushman cards to the beneficiaries.
- Also Ayushman Cards is not an essential requirement to receive the PMJAY scheme services. It is used to avail the cashless service faster and easier using technology for beneficiaries.
What is PVC Ayushman Card?
- PMJAY scheme offers cashless hospitalization services through Ayushman Bharat Yojana e-card or PVC Ayushman card to get healthcare services at any of the listed hospitals across the country.
- Using this card, beneficiaries can avail the hospitalisation for required treatment.
About Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PM-JAY)
Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PM-JAY) is one of the two components of the Ayushman Bharat flagship scheme of the Government of India. It is the largest health assurance scheme in the world.
Launched by – Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi in Ranchi, Jharkhand.
Launched on – 23rd September 2018
Objective of the Scheme:-
- It provides a cover of Rs. 5 lakhs per family per year for secondary and tertiary care hospitalization across public and private listed hospitals in India.
- PM-JAY provides cashless access to health care services for the beneficiary at the point of service, that is, the hospital.
- It covers up to 3 days of pre-hospitalization and 15 days of post-hospitalization expenses such as diagnostics and medicines.
- There is no restriction on the family size, age, or gender.
PM-JAY was earlier known as the National Health Protection Scheme (NHPS). NHPS was replaced the earlier existing Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY) launched in 2008.
Recent Related News:-
On February 19, 2021 The National Health Authority (NHA) has signed Memorandum of Understanding(MoU) with Common Service Centres (CSCs) under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology(MeitY) to generate new Polyvinyl Chloride(PVC)beneficiary cards called ‘Ayushman cards’ under the Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB-PMJAY).
About National Health Authority(NHA):-
NHA is the implementing agency of Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PM-JAY) at the national level. NHA is the successor of the National Health Agency.Also created for the implementation of “National Digital Health Mission”. It functions under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. Headed by a CEO who functions as the Member Secretary of the Governing Board.
Chief Executive Officers (CEO)– Dr. Ram Sewak Sharma
Additional CEO – Dr. Praveen Gedam
Deputy CEO – Vipul Aggarwal
Headquarters – New Delhi
About UTI Infrastructure Technology & Services Limited (UTIITSL)
UTI Infrastructure Technology and Services Limited (UTIITSL) formerly known as UTI Technology Services Limited (UTITSL), is a Government of India Company under section 2(45) of the Companies Act 2013 with the guidance of the Ministry of Finance, which provides technology and outsourcing services to the financial and government sectors of India.
Established – 1993
MD & CEO – Shri Vijay Kumar Jain
Headquarters -Mumbai, Maharashtra