[dropcap]D[/dropcap]ear Readers, We cover some important news in Bulletin Today Section, which are not covered in Brief News, More Current Affairs coverage will helpful for upcoming exam.
- May 3rd – World Press Freedom Day 2015
- Kowli Resigns Ahead Of Boxing India SGM
- Mayweather beats Pacquiao to unify Welterweight Titles
- 62nd National Film Awards Ceremony
Rajasthan government allocates 12 crore rupees for Project Great Indian Bustard
- Rajasthan Forest department has allotted more than twelve crore rupees for a bird conservation programme, Project Great Indian Bustard (GIB).
- For this project Japan Bank is going to provide financial support of three crore rupees.
- Under the GIB Project, closures will be made at many places in Khudi rasla, Pokhran and Shahgarh of Jaislmer district for safe habitat of bird. In order to regularly monitor the bird information chips will installed.
Tunisians Unfurl World’s ‘Largest’ Flag
- World’s largest flag was unfurled at an event in Ong Jmel in the southern desert area of Tunisia.
- Tunisian national flag of the size of 19 football pitches was unfurled in a bid to set a Guinness World Record and promote patriotism in the face of Islamist extremism.
- The flag of 104,544 square metre was made using 80 kilometres of fabric and weighed arounf 12.6 tonnes.
Chelsea beat Crystal Palace to clinch Premier League title
- Chelsea clinched their first Premier League title for five years as Jose Mourinho’s side produced a typically stubborn display to grind out a 1-0 victory against Crystal Palace at a jubilant Stamford Bridge on Sunday.
- Chelsea were tested at times by a dangerous Palace side but the final whistle was greeted by raucous scenes as Jose Mourinho’s side clinched their fifth top-flight title and first since 2010.
Former Union minister Baleshwar Ram dead
- Former Union minister and veteran Congress leader Baleshwar Ram died on Saturday night due to kidney-related ailments in a private hospital.He was 87.
- A five-term MLA from various assembly constituencies since 1952,Ram had served in ministerial capacity in various Congress governments in Bihar in 1960s and 1970s.
- He was elected to Lok Sabha from Rosera constituency in 1980 and went on to serve in the Indira Gandhi government as a Union minister.
Writer-director Philip S. Goodman dies at 89
- Philip S Goodman, a writer and director for film, television and stage, has died at his home in New York City. He was 89.
- Goodman wrote episodes of 1950s and ’60s TV shows such as “Profiles in Courage,” “Alfred Hitchcock Presents,” and “Johnny Staccato”, reported Variety.