Jay Kowli ,Boxing India Secretary General,faced with definite removal, resigned ahead of much awaited Boxing India Special General Meeting. Mr Kowli was expected to been shown the door in a meeting where no confidence motion was to be presented against him and BI president Mr Sandeep Jajodia.
- Kowli’s working relationship with Jajodia had collapsed in the past few months and it was given as the main reason behind No Confidence Motion.
- Further Kowlis forged signature of Jajodia’s confirmed the fallout between Kowli and Jajodia.
- After this incident, Jajodia told all BI members that he could no longer work with Kowli.
On Vote Of No Confidence
- It is also called as motion of no confidence.
- According to that, a person in superior position is no longer deemed fit to hold that position.
- It occurs mainly when a said person failed to carry out his necessary obligations.
- Making choices when other members feel are detrimental.
About Indian Boxing Federation
- It is the Indian National governing for Olympic Boxing in India.
- Its headquarters is in New Delhi.
- IBF comprises of 6000 registered boxers
- It maintains the records and professional details including the achievements,medals won and events participated etc.
- Some of Olympic boxers in India are Vijender Singh, Shiva thapa, Mary kom, Sumit Sangwan etc.
About Mary Kom
- Mary kom was born on 1st March 1983 in Manipur,India.
- She is 5 time world amateur boxing champion.
- She is the only one to have won medal in each of 6 world championships.
- In 2003 she got her Arjuna award.
- In the year 2009 she was given Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna award.
- In 2010 she was awarded Padmasree award and Padma Bhushan in 2013.
- Mary Kom is supporter of animal rights.
- She is associated with PETA, the animal rights organisation