[dropcap]D[/dropcap]ear Readers, We cover some important news in Bulletin Today Section, which are not covered in Brief News, More Current Affairs coverage will helpful for upcoming exam.
- Golden medal for merit in work of spain for tennis star Rafael Nadal
- Spring imperial decorations award of japan 2015 for four indians
- Indira Gandhi International adjudged world’s best airport
Maharashtra FDA ordered to file a FIR against Snapdeal and its CEO Kunal Behl
- Maharashtra Food and Drug Administration (FDA) on 1 May 2015 ordered to file a FIR against the Snapdeal, its CEO Kunal Bahl and Directors for allegedly selling prescription drugs online. Selling of drugs without prescription is a crime under the Drugs and Cosmetics Act, 1940.
- The FIR was filed after FDA officer on an investigation found that Jasper Infotech Pvt. Ltd. entered into agreements with dealers across India to supply medicines offered or exhibited for sale on its website, snapdeal.com, and to collect the sale proceeds on their behalf.
World’s largest solar photovoltaic plant of 750 MW to be built in Rewa district of Madhya Pradesh
- The Madhya Pradesh Cabinet in the last week of April 2015 gave its approval to build 750 megawatt (MW) solar photovoltaic (SPV) plant at Gurh tehsil in Rewa district.
- The plant, to be developed in three phases of 250 MW, once completed will become the world’s largest solar power plant.
- At present, the largest SPV plant is the Topaz Solar Farm (550 MW) in California’s San Luis Obispo county, US, which was commissioned in 2014
Books & Authors
Vice President Releases The Book “China – Confucius in the Shadows”
- A Book titled China – Confucius in the Shadows was released by the Vice President M. Hamid Ansari on 1 May 2015. Confucius was considered as the most efficient author in Chinese history.
- Book has been written by Poonam Surie. Poonam Surie is an Adjunct Fellow at the Institute of Chinese Studies, New Delhi.
- The book highlights that in the evolving socio political milieu of China; interpreting Confucian philosophy as being non-confrontationist, benevolent and with values such as filial piety and harmony could help the current political regime deal with such problems as corruption and rising inequalities.
Indian shot-putter Inderjeet Singh qualifies for Rio Olympics
- World University Games silver medalist shot-putter Inderjeet Singh achieved the Olympic qualification mark with a throw of 20.65m on the second day of the 19th Federation Cup at Mangala Stadium.
- Defending champion Inderjeet from Harayana was just a shade away from the national mark of 20.69m, held by Om Prakash Singh since 2012.
- The Olympic qualification period commenced only yesterday and is 20.50m for the men’s shot put.
Eminent scribe Amitabha Chowdhury passes away
- Award-winning journalist and litterateur Amitabha Chowdhury died after a prolonged illness here on Friday. He was 87.
- He began his career in 1948 with Jugantar , an influential daily in the city at the time. Later, he worked for Ananda Bazar Patrika and Aajkal .
Motorcycling world champion Geoff Duke dies at 92
- British motorcycle great Geoff Duke has died at the age of 92 on the Isle of Man, the sport’s spiritual home where the six-time world champion raced to six TT victories in the 1950s.
- The man known as ‘The Iron Duke’ in an era when British bike manufacturers and riders led the world, retired from the championship in 1959 after 33 grand prix victories.
Crime and mystery writer Ruth Rendell dies at 85
- Crime writer Ruth Rendell, who created the character Inspector Wexford that inspired a successful TV series, has died. She was 85.
- Rendell, who suffered a stroke in January, passed away here on Saturday morning, according to her publisher Penguin Random House,
Singer Ben E King dies at 76
- R&B singer Ben E King, best known for the song “Stand By Me”, has died aged 76.
- King passed away on Thursday of natural causes, reported Us magazine.
- The soul singer rose to fame in the late 1950s with his vocal group The Drifters, with songs including “There Goes My Baby” and “Save The Last Dance For Me”.