[dropcap]D[/dropcap]ear Readers, We cover some important news in Bulletin Today Section, which are not covered in Brief News, More Current Affairs coverage will helpful for upcoming exam. We hope, our Aspirant & Readers will like our ways !!
Suggestion are welcome
- Adani Power takes over Lanco Infra’s UDUPI Plant
- India ranked 2nd in world on Social-media Cyber attack for 2014
- Bharatiya Mahila Bank inks MoUs with LIC, New India Assurance
- Indian Railways embark e-Samiksha for enhanced Railway-project Management
- MakeMyTrip has acquired Mygola, the travel-web application development company
- Pakistan confers highest civilian award on Chinese president
- Former Chief Minister of Odisha J. B Patnaik passes away
- International Mother Earth Day 2015 – April 22
- ONGC appoints Dinesh K Sarraf as Chairman and MD
- Emirates NBD ties with ICICI Bank for DirectRemit
Al Jazeera banned in India for 5 days
- International news channel Al Jazeera was today forced to go off air in India for five days as the government penalized it for repeatedly showing wrong maps of India.
Indian Railways launched “utsonmobile”
- The Indian Railways launched “utsonmobile”, a mobile application for paperless unreserved tickets.
- Developed by Centre for Railway Information Systems (CRIS), ‘utsonmobile’ — the paperless unreserved ticketing feature in mobile application aims to eliminate the need for printing of unreserved tickets.
Indira, Rajiv names dropped from two Hindi awards
- The BJP-led NDA government has dropped the names of former Prime Ministers Indira Gandhi and Rajiv Gandhi from two awards for propagating Hindi.
- The ‘Indira Gandhi Rajbhasha Puraskar’ and ‘Rajiv Gandhi Rashtriya Gyan-Vigyan Maulik Pustak Lekhan Puraskar’, launched more than two decades ago, have given way for ‘Rajbhasha Kirti Puraskar’ and ‘Rajbhasha Gaurav Puraskar’.
- The two awards have been discontinued by the Union Home Ministry, which instead launched two new schemes for doing outstanding work for promoting the progressive use of official language.
Delhi author Rana Dasgupta shortlisted for Orwell Prize
- Author Rana Dasgupta’s literary potrait of Delhi “Capital” is among six books shortlisted for the George Orwell Prize for political writing 2015.
- The book is the third work of fiction by Dasgupta who had previously won the 2010 Commonwealth prize for his work “Solo”.
Rajiv Ranjan Verma appointed DG, RPF
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has approved the proposal of the Ministry of Railways for appointment of Shri Rajiv Ranjan Verma, IPS (BH:78), as Director General, Railway Protection Force, Railway Board for a period upto the date of his superannuation i.e. 29.02.2016 from the date of assumption of charge of the post or until further orders, whichever is earlier.
H.L.Dattu to head NJAC
- The six-member NJAC headed by the Chief Justice of India H.L. Dattu will be constituted by the center.
- National Judicial Appointments Commission (NJAC) is a body responsible for the appointment and transfer of judges to the higher judiciary in India.
Wipro appoints Rishad Premji to its board
- Wipro, India’s third-largest information technology (IT) services company, on Tuesday announced the appointment of Rishad Premji to its board, a move which was widely anticipated to happen sooner than later. His appointment will be effective from May.
Business & Finance
8K Miles to acquire Cintel Systems
- Chennai-based 8K Miles Software Services, a provider of cloud solutions, has acquired US-based mobile applications company Cintel Systems for $3.75 million in a combination of cash and stock.
ALIMCO Takes Major Technology Leap by Signing MoU with M/S Motivation Charitable Trust U.K
- Artificial Limbs Manufacturing Corporation of India (ALIMCO) signed a MoU with M/s Motivation U.K in the august presence of Union Minister for Social Justice & Empowerment Shri Thaawar Chand Gehlot and Shri Krishan Pal Gurjar, Minister of State for Social Justice & Empowerment.
- The MoU provides opportunity to ALIMCO and M/s Motivation U.K. to work together for producing affordable State- Of- Art wheel chairs having compliance to WHO guidelines.
Sebi bars Reena Bansal from markets for one more year
- Sebi today said Reena Bansal, wife of a former sub-broker with ICICI Securities, will continued to be barred from the capital market for one more year for her involvement in defrauding investors through illicit dealings in shares of many blue-chip companies.
- The Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi), through an interim order in April 2011, had banned Reena, wife of the late Rajeev Bansal, from the securities market till further orders.
Union Finance Ministry retained interest rate for GPF at 8.7 percent for 2015-16
- Union Finance Ministry retained the rate of interest for General Provident Fund (GPF) and other related schemes at 8.7 per cent for 2015-16. The notification was issued by the Finance Ministry on 21 April 2015.
- The 8.7 per cent interest will apply on Provident Funds of central government employees, railways and defence forces. The rate of interest will be effective from 1 April 2015.
Science & Tech
Hubble Space Telescope marking 25th anniversary in orbit
- One of NASA’s crowning glories, the Hubble Space Telescope, marks its 25th anniversary this week.
NASA is celebrating Friday’s anniversary with ceremonies this week at the Smithsonian Institution and the Newseum in Washington.
Cricket South Africa launched Africa T20 Cup
- Cricket South Africa (CSA) on 21 April 2015 announced a new tournament to be known as the Africa T20 Cup.
- The tournament was planned to promote the game and nurture young talent in the continent.
- The tournament featuring Zimbabwe, Kenya, Namibia, hosts South Africa and 12 CSA affiliates will run from 4 September to 4 October 2015.
Defence PRO in Chennai N Andavan Dies in A Road Accident
- A Defence Public Relations Officer, who recently met with a road accident here, today died at a hospital.
- 52-year-old Natesan Andavan, the PRO of the Ministry of Defence in Chennai succumbed to a grievous injury he had suffered in a road accident on Monday