Indian Railways have embarked upon online Railway-project Management software called “e-Samiksha”. According to the Railways-Minister Mr. Suresh Prabhu, this project will help in better management of many currently running railway projects. This includes operational and financial aspects along with Railway-Budget proposals.
- Mr. Prabhu termed the software, developed by N.I.C is a good beginning.
- Right now, it is being used by the Cabinet-secretariat, P.M.O and related ministries.
- The software is capable of monitoring and managing the projects till the implementation-phase.
- The software can also be used for monitoring the targets set for infrastructure-development
- In the administrative side, it will help in monitoring Board-meetings and their subsequent follow-up.
- It is web-enabled system with simple user-friendly features.
- The software has easy upgrade-options and connectivity to any third-party tools and applications.
- National-Informatics-Center was created in the year 1976, with an aim to enable e-governance through multiple online-application developments.
- It has developed the many applications for railways , including reservation, enquiry, online-payments etc