Current Affairs PDF

Adani Power takes over Lanco Infra’s UDUPI Plant

AffairsCloud YouTube Channel - Click Here

AffairsCloud APP Click Here


Adani power Ltd (A.P.L) has said that it has completely taken over the Udupi based power plant owned by Lanco, a Hyderabad based company. The deal is said to be worth I.N.R 6,300-Crore. This is considered to be one among the largest acquisitions in the field of Thermal-Power in India. Adani is said to have acquired all the shares related to the Udupi-Power-Corporation Ltd (U.P.C.L)

About U.P.C.L

  • U.P.C.L  has 2×600 power project in the city of Udupi in Karnataka.
  • The plant was constructed with invest of I.N.R 60,020-million. It is located at 35Kms away from Mangalore.
  • It supplies around 90% of its generated power to Karnataka. The other 10% is shared by Punjab.
  • It uses 100%-Imported-Coal fuel. It is the first plant in India to do so.

About Adani-Power-Ltd

  • It is a subsidiary of Indian conglomerate Adani Group.
  • It has a capacity of producing 9280-MW of Thermal-Power.