Adani power Ltd (A.P.L) has said that it has completely taken over the Udupi based power plant owned by Lanco, a Hyderabad based company. The deal is said to be worth I.N.R 6,300-Crore. This is considered to be one among the largest acquisitions in the field of Thermal-Power in India. Adani is said to have acquired all the shares related to the Udupi-Power-Corporation Ltd (U.P.C.L)
- U.P.C.L has 2×600 power project in the city of Udupi in Karnataka.
- The plant was constructed with invest of I.N.R 60,020-million. It is located at 35Kms away from Mangalore.
- It supplies around 90% of its generated power to Karnataka. The other 10% is shared by Punjab.
- It uses 100%-Imported-Coal fuel. It is the first plant in India to do so.
- It is a subsidiary of Indian conglomerate Adani Group.
- It has a capacity of producing 9280-MW of Thermal-Power.