Dear Readers, We cover some important news in Current Affairs Today Section, which are not covered in Daily Detailed News, More Current Affairs coverage will helpful in upcoming exam.
- AMC launched “USE and GET PAID” scheme
- Bold operation by Indian Army in Myanmar
- India’s first indigenous aircraft Carrier INS Vikrant undocked at Cochin
Trios of 3800-year-old statuettes found in Vichama, Peru
- Researchers have discovered a trio of statuettes in Peru. These are believed to be created by ancient Caral civilization about 3800 years ago.
- The statuettes of mud were found inside a reed basket in a building at the ancient city of Vichama in northern Peru, which is an important archaeological site today.
- The Caral civilization used to live in Peru’s Supe Valley about 5,000 years ago. They had left behind impressive architecture including pyramids and sunken amphitheatres.
Parkash Singh Badal conferred with 2015 Sant Namdev National Award
- The Chief Minister of Punjab Parkash Singh Badal was on Wednesday was conferred the prestigious 14th Sant Namdev National Award- 2015 for promoting peace, communal harmony and universal brotherhood.
Indian-Origin Surgeon General Vivek Murthy Presented With Pride of Community Award
- Indian-origin US Surgeon General Vivek Murthy has been presented with the Pride of the Community Award by Hindu American Foundation at its 12th Annual Day reception.
- HAF also awarded Anantanand Rambachan with Dharma Seva award;
Harpreet Singh Mokha with the Mahatma Gandhi Award for the Advancement of Pluralism; and senator Mark Kirk and Rep Joe Crowley with HAF’s Friend of the Community awards.
Steel secretary Rakesh Singh given additional charge as SAIL CMD
- The decision was taken after the Appointments Committee of Cabinet denied an extension of tenure for the former Chairman and Managing Director C S Verma.
Banking & Finance
- Bhasin moves out of Indian Bank
- RBI issued Draft Framework on Issuance of Rupee linked Bonds Overseas
- RBI announced Strategic Debt Restructuring Scheme
Indian Basketball Players Association launched in New Delhi
- Indian Basketball Players Association launched at the Indian Medical Association hall in New Delhi. Well known basketball legends of the country were present.
- Sajjan Singh was nominated as the president, while Jayasankar Menon, will be the general secretary and Ashok Sharma, national player and FIBA commissioner, will be the treasurer.
- Abbas Moontaisar will be the chairman while Manmohan Singh and Suman Sharma will be vice chairmen.
Shah Rukh Khan acquired CPL T20 team Trinidad & Tobago
- Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan has purchased franchise in Caribbean Premier League’s team Trinidad & Tobago.
- His company Red Chillies Entertainment Pvt Ltd -along with KKR co-owners Juhi Chawla and her husband Jay Mehta -has invested in the T&T franchise.
- He is the first owner of IPL to own an overseas cricket franchise.
MS Dhoni is among Forbes magazine’s 100 highest-paid athletes in the world
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni is among Forbes magazine’s 100 highest-paid athletes in the world. He is the only Indian sportsperson in the list.
- American boxer Floyd Mayweather is number 1 in the list. The other noted sports personalities in the list are golfer Tiger Woods, tennis star Roger Federer and soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo.
Former England wicketkeeper Prior retires
- Matt Prior has retired from all forms of cricket on medical advice. The former England wicketkeeper has been suffering with an Achilles tendon injury and has not played since last year.
- Prior, also an aggressive middle order batsman played 79 tests for England. He played his first match in 2007 against West Indies when he made 126 not out and the last against India at Lord’s last year.
Actor Richard Passed away
- British actor Richard Johnson died at the age of 87. He was a founding member of the Royal Shakespeare Company, and played several lead roles, including Romeo and Mark Anthony in “Julius Caesar”.
- He featured in well-known films like “The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas”, “Lara Croft: Tomb Raider” and “Khartoum”.
Vincent Musetto Dies
- Vincent Musetto, the editor of New York Post died at the age of 74. He was the author of the most famous headline, “Headless body in Topless Bar”.
- The headline was inspired by the late Charles Dingle, who shot the owner of a topless bar, Herbert Cummings, and took four women hostage.