We are here for you to provide the important Recent and Latest Current Affairs 26 October 2022, which have unique updates of Latest Current Affairs 2022 events from all newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economic Times, PIB, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express, Business Standard and all Government official websites.
Our Current Affairs October 2022 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2022 PDF which will be a pedestrian to crack your exams.
Read Current Affairs in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Learn Current Affairs – Free Course – Click Here to Download the APP
We are Hiring – Subject Matter Expert | CA Video Creator | Content Developers(Pondicherry)
PM Narendra Modi launches 1st phase of Rozgar Mela to provide jobs to 10 lakh youth in Central Governmenti.On October 22, 2022, the Prime Minister (PM) of India Narendra Modi launched the first phase of ‘Rozgar Mela’ through video conferencing in 50 centers across India. It was a recruitment drive for 10 lakh central government jobs where appointment letters were handed over to more than 75,000 newly appointed persons.
ii.Rozgar Mela is a step towards the Central Government’s commitment of providing employment opportunities to the youth and ensure the welfare of the citizens.
iii.This recruitment is done by the 38 Ministries/Departments of Government of India (GoI) themselves and through recruitment agencies.
Governor– Banwarilal Purohit
Chief Minister– Bhagwant Singh Mann
Wildlife Sanctuary– Harike Wildlife Sanctuary, Bir Moti Bagh Wildlife Sanctuary
>> Read Full News
Novartis signs world’s first licensing deal for cancer drug nilotinib
On 20th October 2022, A Swiss-American multinational pharmaceutical corporation Novartis has signed world’s first ever agreement for the cancer drug Nilotinib.
- It is the first voluntary licensing for a cancer medicine.
- Nilotinib is listed on the World Health Organization’s List of Essential Medicines
- Nilotinib is used to treat adults and children who are suffering from chronic myeloid leukemia(CML).
- The licence includes seven middle-income countries: Egypt, Guatemala, Indonesia, Morocco, Pakistan, the Philippines and Tunisia.
- The announcement by the Medicines patent Pool (MPP) and Novartis was made at the Union for International Cancer Control (UICC) flagship event, the World Cancer Congress held in Geneva, switzerland.
ECONOMY & BUSINESS
SAP launches Industry Knowledge Exchange in collaboration with AWS
On 20th October 2022, Enterprise application software and cloud solutions company SAP India has announced the launch of SAP Industry Knowledge Exchange (SAP IKEX) in collaboration with Amazon Web service(AWS).
- It aimed at accelerating India’s journey to amrit kaal and driving the country’s digital transformation with sustainable development.
- It will also facilitate collaboration between multiple stakeholders and help improve regulatory and policy inputs from industry bodies such as the Confederation of Indian Industries (CII), Indian Pharmaceutical Alliance (IPA), and Automotive Component Manufacturers Association (ACMA).
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNATIONS
ICICI Bank Reappoints Sandeep Bakshi as MD & CEO for 3 yearsThe board of directors of ICICI Bank has reappointed Sandeep Bakshi as the Managing Director(MD) and Chief Executive Officer(CEO) for a period of 3 years from 4th October 2023 to 3rd October 2026. The appointment is subjected to approval from the Reserve Bank of India(RBI).
- His current tenure ends on 3rd October 2023.
About Sandeep Bakshi:
i.Prior to his appointment as MD & CEO of ICICI Group, he has served as the Wholetime Director and the Chief Operating Officer (COO) of the bank.
ii.He has been a part of the ICICI Bank for around 36 years since 1986 and worked in ICICI Limited, ICICI Lombard General Insurance, ICICI Bank and ICICI Prudential Life Insurance.
About ICICI Bank:
MD & CEO– Sandeep Bakhshi
Headquarters– Mumbai, Maharashtra
Established in – 1994
PNB Housing Finance MD Hardayal Prasad Resigns
On 20th October 2022, Hardayal prasad resigned from his role of Managing director(MD) and Chief Executive Officer(CEO) of PNB Housing Finance Limited (PNBHF),promoted by Punjab National Bank (PNB).
- He is replaced by Girish Kousgi, Managing Director and Chief executive officer of Can Fin Homes effective from 21 October 2022.Previously, he has worked in senior leadership roles at HDFC, ICICI Bank, IDFC First Bank and Tata Capital.
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
ISRO’s Heaviest Rocket LVM3successfully places OneWeb’s 36 Broadband Satellites in LEOi.On October 23, 2022, the Indian Space Research Organization’s (ISRO) heaviest rocket Launch Vehicle Mark 3 (LVM3 or GSLV Mark 3) in its first commercial mission, ‘LVM3 M2/OneWeb India-1 mission’, successfully placed 36 Gen -1 broadband communication satellites of the United Kingdom (UK)-based customer Network Access Associated Limited (OneWeb Ltd) into the Low Earth Orbit (LEO).
ii.The rocket was launched from the second launch pad (SLP) of the Satish Dhawan Space Centre SHAR (SDSC SHAR), Sriharikota, Andhra Pradesh (AP).
iii.This was OneWeb’s 14th launch, marking a total of 462 satellites.
iv.It is the first multi-satellite mission to the LEO with the heaviest payload of 5,796kg on LVM3 till date. One satellite was about 150 kg.
About Indian Space Research Organisations (ISRO):
Chairman– S Somanath
Headquarters– Bengaluru, Karnataka
>> Read Full News
NASA’s Dragonfly is set to land on Saturn’s Moon Titan
National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) is set to launch Dragonfly rotorcraft in 2026 and it is scheduled to reach the Selk Crater region on Saturn’s moon (natural satellite) Titan in 2034 .
- The launch of Dragonfly marks the NASA’s first multirotor vehicle for science on another planet.
- The NASA’s dragonfly mission will fly multiple stories to sample and examine sites around the Titan, the icy moon of Saturn and look for prebiotic chemical processes common on both Titan and Earth.
- Dragonfly’s landing site will be the Shangri-La dune field, close to the 580 kilometers crater, Selk. This region was imaged by NASA’s Cassini spacecraft during its mission to Saturn between 2004 and 2017.
About Dragonfly rotorcraft:
i.The Dragonfly rotocraft has 8 rotors and it is similar to a large drone.
ii.This will take advantage of Titan’s dense atmosphere to become the first vehicle ever to fly its entire science payload to new places for repeatable and targeted access to surface material.
iii.Dragonfly will land in an equatorial, dry region of Titan.
i.The Titan has a nitrogen based atmosphere like Earth and it has clouds and rain of methane. It also has a subsurface ocean of liquid water, methane lakes and rivers on the surface
ii.It is larger than the Mercury(planet) and it is the 2nd largest moon in the solar system.
iii.It orbits Saturn and located around 886 million miles(1.4 billion Kilometers) away from the Sun.
iv.The surface temperature of Titan is around -179 degrees Celsius(-290 degrees Fahrenheit. The surface pressure of Titan is around 50% higher than Earth’s.
Note: Ganymede, the satellite of Jupiter is the largest and most massive of solar systems moon.
About National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA):
Administrator– Bill Nelson
Headquarters– Washington DC, United States of America(USA)
Max Verstappen wins US Grand Prix 2022Belgian-Dutch Max Verstappen of Red Bull Racing won the 2022 Formula 1 Aramco United States Grand Prix which was which takes place over 56 laps of the 5.513-kilometre Circuit of the Americas in Austin, Texas, United States (US).Max Verstappen is the current 2022 Formula One World Champion.
- With this, he equaled Germany’s Sebastian Vettel and Michael Schumacher’s record of 13 wins in a Formula 1 season.
- Verstappen defeated United Kingdom’s Lewis Hamilton who drives for Mercedes and Monaco’s Charles Leclerc of Ferrari racing.
- As of the 2022 United States Grand Prix, Verstappen has achieved 33 victories and 18 pole positions. He scored the first hat-trick of his career at the 2021 French Grand Prix and his first grand slam at the 2021 Austrian Grand Prix.
Note -Dietrich Mateschitz, founder of the Red Bull brand ,passed away recently.
i.Sebastian Vettel won 13 races in the 2013 season with Red Bull while Michael Schumacher achieved the feat in 2004.
ii.This win also handed the 2022 Constructors Championship to Red Bull Racing.
iii.The US Grand Prix 2022 was the 19th round of the 2022 Formula One World Championship.
National Award recipient Bengali film Director Pinaki Chaudhuri Passed AwayOn 24th October 2022, National award recipient Pinaki Chaudhuri, Bengali film Director, has passed away in Kolkata, West Bengal at the age of 82. He died due to lymphoma, a cancer of the lymphatic system.
About Pinaki Chaudhuri:
i. Pinaki Chaudhuri was born on 19th September 1940 and had a varied interest in the arts and music. He made his debut in the world of films in 1983, directing ‘Chena Achena’.
ii. At a young age, he was a tabla player, trained by Ustad Karamatullah Khan. After some time he gave up playing the Tabla and began producing films in 1977.
iii. His other notable films are ‘Kakababu Here Gelen?’ (Kakababu defeated?), ‘Ek Tukro Chand’ (A slice of the moon) and ‘Arohan’ (Ascension).
Pinaki Chaudhuri received 2 National Film Awards for Best Feature Film in Bengali for ‘Sanghat’ (Conflict) in 1996 and for ‘Ballygunge Court’ in 2007.
United Nations Day 2022 – October 24The United Nations(UN) Day is annually observed across the globe on 24th October to mark the anniversary of the coming into force of the charter of the United Nations(UN).
The annual observance offers an opportunity to amplify the common agenda and affirm the purpose and principles of the UN Charter.
- 24th October 2022 marks the 77th Anniversary of foundation of the UN.
In 1947, The United Nations General Assembly(UNGA) adopted the resolution A/RES/168 (II) and proclaimed the 24th October of every year as the United Nations Day.
i.In 1945, the representatives of 50 countries met in San Francisco, United States of America(USA) at the UN Conference on International Organization to draw up the United Nations Charter.
About United Nations:
Secretary-General– António Guterres
Headquarters– New York City, United States
Established in 1945
>> Read Full News
61st Indo-Tibetan Border Police Raising day 2022 – October 24Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP), India’s primary border patrol organization, under the Ministry of Home Affairs, observes its 61st Raising Day on 24th October 2022.It is one of the seven Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) of India.
i. ITBP was established on 24th October 1962 for reorganizing the frontier intelligence and security set-up along the Indo-Tibetan border.
- ITBP was initially raised under the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) Act 1949. However, in 1992, parliament enacted the ITBP Force Act and the rules were framed in 1994.
ii. Presently, ITBP has 56 service Battalions, 4 Specialist Battalions, 17 Training Centres and 7 logistics establishments with a total strength of approximately 88,500 personnel.
- ITBP Motto- “Shaurya-Dridhata-Karma Nishtha” (Valour- Determination- Devotion to Duty).
iii. In 2004, in the execution of the Group of Ministers (GoM) recommendations on “One Border One Force”, the entire India-China Border comprising 3488 Kms was assigned to the ITBP for Border Guarding duty from Ladakh to Arunachal Pradesh.
iv. ITBP replaced Assam Rifles in Sikkim and Arunachal Pradesh in 2004.
Some of the Decorations earned by the ITBP Force:
- Kirti Chakra-2 Shaurya Chakra-6,
- Sena Medal-1,
- President’s Police Medal for Gallantry-19,
- Police Medal for Gallantry -131,
- Parakram Padak-93,
- President’s Police and Fire Service Medals for Gallantry-2,
- Prime Minister’s Life-Saving Medal-88.
World Polio Day 2022 – October 24World Polio Day is annually observed across the world on 24th October to highlight the importance of the efforts to eradicate poliomyelitis (polio), the infectious disease which commonly affects children aged under 5.
Polio Day also marks the birth anniversary of Jonas Salk,
The theme of World Polio Day 2022 is “ World Polio Day 2022 and Beyond: A healthier future for mothers and children”.
World Polio Day was established by Rotary International(RI) to commemorate the birth anniversary of Jonas Salk, an American virologist who developed the first successful polio vaccines.
- Jonas Salk led the first team to develop a vaccination against polio and began its testing in 1953.
World Development Information Day 2022 – October 24The United Nations (UN)’s World Development Information Day (WDID)is annually observed across the globe on October 24 to create awareness of the world development problems and the need to strengthen international cooperation to solve them.
i. The UN General Assembly (UNGA) adopted a resolution A/RES/3034(XXVII) in 1972 and declared October 24 as World Development Information Day every year.
ii. The 1st World Development Information Day was observed on 24th October 1973.
iii. World Development Information Day is marked on the same day as United Nations Day, which was formed on October 24, 1945.
iv. The day (October 24) coincides with the date of the adoption (A/RES/2626(XXV)) of the International Development Strategy for the 2nd UN Development Decade in 1970.
About United Nations General Assembly (UNGA):
President- Csaba Kőrösi
Headquarters- New York, United States (US)
>> Read Full News
Ayurveda Day 2022 – October 23Ayurveda Day is annually observed across the globe to create awareness about the importance and significance of Ayurveda and to promote the Ayurvedic principles of healing in society. The day also aims to promote the United Nations(UN)’s Sustainable Development Goal(SDG) 3: to ensure healthy lives and promote wellbeing for all at all ages.
The Ayurveda Day is celebrated on the occasion of Dhanwantri Jayanthi or Dhanteras, the festival of Hindu god of Ayurveda, Dhanvantari.
- “Dhanteras” is made up of 2 words “Dhan” which means wealth and “Teras” which means “13”. The day is observed on the 13th day of Krishna Paksha on the month of Ashwin as per the Hindu calendar.
- The Ayurveda Day 2022 falls on 23rd October 2022 and marks the observance of the 7th Ayurveda Day.
- The Ayurveda Day 2021(6th Ayurveda Day) was observed on 2nd November 2021.
- The theme of Ayurveda Day 2022 is “Har Din Har Ghar Ayurveda” (Ayurveda Everyday, Ayurveda Everywhere (AEAE)) which aims to propagate the benefits of Ayurveda to larger and grass root community.
- Based on the above theme, activities were conducted under 3-Js i.e. Jan Sandesh, Jan Bhagidari and Jan Aandolan and six weeklong events from 12th September 2022 to 23rd October 2022.
About Ministry of Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy (AYUSH):
Union Minister– Sarbananda Sonowal(Rajya Sabha- Assam)
Minister of State– Dr. Munjpara Mahendrabhai Kalubhai(Constituency- Surendranagar, Gujarat)
>> Read Full News
International Lead Poisoning Prevention Week – October 23-29, 202210th International Lead Poisoning Prevention Week (ILPPW) is observed between October 23 to 29 2022, an initiative of the Global Alliance to Eliminate Lead Paint (Lead Paint Alliance), jointly led by the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) and the World Health Organization (WHO).
- ILPPW takes place every year during the third week of October.
- Focus of Campaign 2022: Say No to lead poisoning
This years’ focus reminds governments, civil society organizations, health partners, industry and others of the unacceptable risks of lead exposure and the need for action.
Aim of ILPPW:
i.Raise awareness about health effects of lead exposure
ii.Highlight the efforts of countries and partners to prevent lead exposure
iii.Urge further action to eliminate lead paint through regulatory action
i.Lead is a toxicant that affects the neurological, cardiovascular, gastrointestinal and haematological systems.
- WHO identifies lead as one of 10 chemicals of major public health concern needing action by Member States.
ii.Young children are the most vulnerable to lead because they have higher exposures. This affects the developing brain, resulting in reduced intellectual ability.
iii.As per the WHO 2021 update of the ‘Public health impact of chemicals: knowns and unknowns’, nearly half of the 2 million lives lost to known chemicals exposure in 2019 were due to lead exposure.
iv.UNICEF (United Nations Children’s Fund) estimates that 1 in 3 children – up to 800 million globally, have blood lead levels at or above 5 µg/dl.
About Global Alliance to Eliminate Lead Paint:
Set up in 2011, its goal is to promote the global phase-out of lead paint through legally binding measures to stop the manufacture, import, export, distribution, sale and use of lead paints in every country.
Contribution towards SDGs:
The elimination of lead paint will contribute to the achievement of the following Sustainable Development Goal (SDGs) targets:
i.SDG 3.9: By 2030 substantially reduce the number of deaths and illnesses from hazardous chemicals and air, water, and soil pollution and contamination.
ii.SDG 12.4: By 2020, achieve the environmentally sound management of chemicals and all wastes throughout their life cycle, and reduce their release to air, water and soil.
World Egg Day 2022 – October 14World Egg Day is annually observed across the globe on the 2nd Friday of October to recognize the egg’s power to support not just human health outcomes, but planetary health and people’s livelihoods too.World Egg Day 2022 was observed on 14th October 2022, which marks the 26th anniversary of World Egg Day.
- The theme of World Egg Day 2022 is ‘Eggs for a better life’.
- World Egg Day 2021 was observed on 8th October 2021.World Egg Day 2023 will fall on 13th October 2023.
i. World Egg Day was established by the International Egg Commission (IEC) in 1996 during a conference held in Vienna, Austria, and declared the 2nd Friday of October of every year as World Egg Day.
- IEC is one of the member of World Egg Organisation.
ii. The 1st World Egg Day was observed in October 1996.
Over 100 countries celebrated World Egg Day 2022:
i. Over 100 countries across the globe joined the festivities of World Egg Day 2022.
ii. From Australia, (through) Latvia and Kenya to Colombia, egg fans and members of the egg industry shared their EGG-ceptional events to honour the egg.
World Egg day celebration in India:
i. Parsi Times in India celebrated World Egg Day by holding 2 ‘EGGstra Special’ competitions.
- Firstly- A recipe contest, where participants were asked to ‘EGGsplore new inventions’ and submit an original recipe featuring eggs as the main ingredient.
- Secondly- Parsi Times asked readers to share poems and paintings as part of their egg talent contest and announced the winner on World Egg Day.
ii. The Department of Animal Science, Berkeley-Abiquiu Collaborative Archaeology (BACA) and National Agricultural Higher Education Project-Centre of Advanced Agricultural Science & Technology (NAHEP-CAAST) Project, Anand Agricultural University, jointly organised lectures on “Goodness of Chicken Egg: Nature’s Perfect Food”.
‘Upper Bhadra scheme’, a first national project for KarnatakaOn 22nd october 2022, Basavaraj Bommai, Chief Minister (CM) of Karnataka, announced that the ‘ Upper Bhadra lift irrigation scheme’ will become Karnataka’s 1st National project.
- The Upper Bhadra scheme received approval of the Press Information Bureau (PIB) and Gajendra Singh Shekhawat, Union Jal Shakti Minister has been requested to get it passed in the Union Cabinet.
- The primary objective is to provide sustainable irrigation facility in khariff season, to recharge the ground water table and provide drinking water by filling 367 tanks in drought-prone taluks and districts of Chikkamagaluru, Chitradurga, Tumakuru and Davangere districts in Karnataka.
i. The Tumkur-Davangere railway line project has been reviewed and directions are issued to acquire land for the project. Once it is done, all steps will be taken to start the project and necessary funds will be released.
ii. The Karnataka CM stated that the reason behind the delay in the acquisition of 1.7 acres for the Upper Bhadra scheme for the last 2 years is that there are problems with a few farmers providing the land.
Upper Bhadra scheme:
i. The Upper Bhadra scheme is a major lift irrigation Scheme under implementation in the central region of Karnataka.
- Lifting 17.40 TMC water from Tunga river to Bhadra reservoir
- Lifting 29.90 TMC water from Bhadra reservoir to Ajjampura tunnel
- Construction of 7.039 kms long Ajjampura tunnel (Missed)
- Construction of Tarikere’s entrance and exit of Ajjampura Tunnel to provide drip irrigation.
- Construction of Chitradurga Branch Canal and Tumkur Branch Canal
- Construction of Holalkere feeder, Pavagda feeder, Challakere and Molakalmuru feeder, Sira and Hiriyur Tank filling and Chikkanayakanalli Tank Filling.
ii. It is planned to irrigate an extent of 2,25,515 hectares by micro irrigation in drought-prone districts of Chikmagalur, Chitradurga, Tumkur and Davangere.
Note: The revised Dividend Payout Ratio (DPR) amounting to Rs 21473.67 crore is approved by the government on 16th December 2020.
Chief Minister – Basavaraj Bommai
Governor – Thaawarchand Gehlot
Dance- Yakshagana; Dollu Kunitha; Huttari Dance
Kerala govt launches mobile app to prevent cyber crimes against children
On 22nd October 2022, Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan launched Kunjapp, a mobile application developed by its state Women and Child development department to prevent cyber crimes against children in the state.
- Child exploitation can be reported through the application.
i.He also inaugurated the training for the newly appointed Child Welfare Committee (CWC) and Juvenile Justice Board (JJB) members at arts and crafts village, vellar, Kovalam, kerala.
ii.The CWC and the JJB members will ensure that the society follows the laws in connection with the children and to make sure that those children who violate law are transformed into model citizens.
- Their duty must to ensure the safety and security of the Children.
*****Click Here View – AC Excluded News*****
Current Affairs Today (AffairsCloud Today)
|S.no||Current Affairs 26 October 2022|
|1||PM Narendra Modi launches 1st phase of Rozgar Mela to provide jobs to 10 lakh youth in Central Government|
|2||Novartis signs world’s first licensing deal for cancer drug nilotinib|
|3||SAP launches Industry Knowledge Exchange in collaboration with AWS|
|4||ICICI Bank Reappoints Sandeep Bakshi as MD & CEO for 3 years|
|5||PNB Housing Finance MD, Hardayal Prasad Resigns|
|6||ISRO’s Heaviest Rocket LVM3successfully places OneWeb’s 36 Broadband Satellites in LEO|
|7||NASA’s Dragonfly is set to land on Saturn’s Moon Titan|
|8||Max Verstappen wins US Grand Prix 2022|
|9||National Award recipient Bengali film Director Pinaki Chaudhuri Passed Away|
|10||United Nations Day 2022 – October 24|
|11||61st Indo-Tibetan Border Police Raising day 2022 – October 24|
|12||World Polio Day 2022 – October 21|
|13||World Development Information Day 2022 – October 24|
|14||Ayurveda Day 2022 – October 23|
|15||International Lead Poisoning Prevention Week – October 23-29, 2022|
|16||World Egg Day 2022 – October 14|
|17||‘Upper Bhadra scheme’, a first national project for Karnataka|
|18||Kerala govt launches mobile app to prevent cyber crimes against children|