We are here for you to provide the important Recent and Latest Current Affairs 23 & 24 October 2022, which have unique updates of Latest Current Affairs 2022 events from all newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economic Times, PIB, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express, Business Standard and all Government official websites.
Our Current Affairs October 2022 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2022 PDF which will be a pedestrian to crack your exams.
Read Current Affairs in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Learn Current Affairs – Free Course – Click Here to Download the APP
We are Hiring – Subject Matter Expert | CA Video Creator | Content Developers(Pondicherry)
PM Modi & UN SG Antonio Guterres launched Mission LiFE from Statue of Unity, Gujarat
i.On October 20, 2022, the Prime Minister (PM) of India Narendra Modi, and United Nations Secretary General (UNSG) Antonio Guterres made the global launch of Mission LiFE (Lifestyle For Environment) for sustainable and healthy lifestyle at the Statue of Unity, Ekta Nagar, Kevadia, Gujarat.
ii.The UNSG Antonio Guterres also unveiled the LiFE logo and tagline and released the Mission Document.
iii.This launch event was organized by the NITI (National Institution for Transforming India) Aayog and the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEF&CC), in collaboration with the Government of Gujarat.
iv.Mission LiFE was introduced by PM Narendra Modi during COP26 (Conference of the Parties) at Glasgow, Scotland in November 2021. The mission is a 5-year program (2022-2027). In the first year, it will be curated and incubated by NITI Aayog, and then will be implemented by MoEFCC.
About United Nations:
Headquarters– New York, United States
>> Read Full News
Maha MTS, India’s first Migration Monitoring System, Inaugurated in Mumbai
On 21st October 2022, Mangalprabhat Lodha, Maharashtra Women and Child Development Minister launched the Maharashtra Migration Tracking System(Maha MTS), India’s first Migration Monitoring System, developed by the Department of Women and Child Development(WCD) in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- This will provide information on migrant pregnant women, lactating mothers and children on a single system.
About Maha MTS:
i.Maha MTS aims to ensure the interoperability of universal health and nutrition benefits/schemes during this period of migration so that the services to the migrant beneficiaries continue uninterrupted.
ii.This includes immunization, health screening, Integrated Child Development Services (ICDS), Integrated Child Protection Services (ICPS) and other services.
iii.This system will be available on https://mahamts.in/login and MahaMTS App (on Google play store)
i.WCD Department has also developed a website-based Maharashtra Migration Tracking System (Maha MTS) which will track the movements of the vulnerable seasonal migrant beneficiaries through an individual unique identification number.
ii.This will enable the immediate availability of information on seasonal migrant women and children.
iii.In 2021-2022, the pilot project of the Maha MTS system was implemented in 6 districts namely Amravati, Chandrapur, Gadchiroli, Jalna, Nandurbar and Palghar.
iv.The system is also working with technical implementations including administrative systems, toll-free helplines and other innovative ways.
Chief Minister– Eknath Sambhaji Shinde
Governor– Bhagat Singh Koshyari
National Parks– Navegaon National Park; Chandoli National Park
Wildlife Sanctuaries– Bhimashankar Wildlife Sanctuary; Bhamragarh Wildlife Sanctuary
NLC India Signs MoU with National Institute of Wind Energy for Onshore, Offshore Wind Power Projects
NLC India Limited (NLCIL), a Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) under the Ministry of Coal, has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the National Institute of Wind Energy (NIWE), an autonomous Research and Development institution under the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE), for strategic collaboration in developing onshore and offshore wind power projects across India.
- The MoU was signed by K. Mohan Reddy, Director (Planning and Projects), NLCIL, and K. Balaraman, Director General of NIWE, in the presence of officials of NLCIL and NIWE in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
i.NLCIL has taken the initiative to contribute towards national green energy targets and energy transition goals.
ii.The MoU aims at synergising the technical expertise of NIWE and the project development capabilities of NLCIL.
iii.It repowers the currently operational wind turbines and provides better operation and maintenance practices in all upcoming and other operating wind power projects.
- Additionally, NIWE will also offer competency-based training for NLCIL in recent developments in renewable energy sector.
About Ministry of Coal:
Union Minister – Pralhad Joshi(Constituency- Dharwad, Karnataka)
Minister of State – Raosaheb Patil Danve
PM Narendra Modi inaugurated 90th INTERPOL General Assembly in Pragati Maidan, New Delhii.On October 18-21, 2022, the 90th session of INTERPOL General Assembly was held in Pragati Maidan, New Delhi (Delhi). It was inaugurated by the Prime Minister (PM) of India Narendra Modi.
ii.The INTERPOL General Assembly meeting was held in India after a gap of about 25 years. It was last held in 1997.
iii.The INTERPOL launched the first ever Global Police Metaverse specifically designed for law enforcement agencies worldwide. This fully operational INTERPOL Metaverse allows registered users to tour a virtual replica of the Interpol General Secretariat headquarters in Lyon, France.
iv.INTERPOL’s first-ever Global Crime Trend report 2022 was also released and presented to delegates. It highlights current and emerging crime threats at both the global and regional levels.
About International Criminal Police Organization (INTERPOL):
Secretary General– Jurgen Stock
President– Ahmed Naser Al-Raisi of the United Arab Emirates (UAE)
Headquarters– Lyon, France
>> Read Full News
Dr Mansukh Mandaviya, MoH&FW inaugurates Advanced Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory in Mumbai
On 20th October 2022, Dr Mansukh Mandaviya, Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare (MoH&FW) inaugurated an Advanced Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory at DY Patil Medical College, Hospital and Research Centre in Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- The inaugurated lab is South Asia’s 1st state-of-the-art, most advanced model Catheterization Laboratory (Cath Lab) and the Image-Guided Surgery (IGS) 6 from Wipro General Electric (GE) Healthcare is the 1st AutoRight-enabled Cath Lab in India.
- The facility will be useful for coronary interventions like coronary angiography and angioplasty; neurology interventions like carotid angiography and angioplasty, Transcutaneous Aortic Valve replacements (TAVR) etc.
Outcomes FATF Plenary October 2022: Pakistan excluded from Grey ListOn October 20-21, 2022, the first Plenary of the Financial Action Task Force (FATF) under the Presidency of T. Raja Kumar of Singapore was held at FATF headquarters in Paris, France. It saw the participation of delegates from over 200 jurisdictions of the Global Network.
i.Myanmar in Black List: FATF has put Myanmar on the black list/ high-risk jurisdictions and has called on members to apply enhanced due diligence to business relations and transactions in Myanmar.
- This list identifies nations with weak anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist funding regulatory frameworks.
ii.Barring of Russia: Russia is barred from participating in current and future FATF projects as it continues to violate FATFs core principles, which aim to promote security, safety and the integrity of the financial system.
iii.Recommendation 24: FATF members agreed to release, for public consultation, draft guidance on Recommendation 24 to help countries and the private sector in preventing criminals from hiding illicit activity behind opaque corporate structures.
iv.Recommendation 25: FATF also approved the release of a public consultation document on proposed revisions to Recommendation 25 on transparency and beneficial ownership of legal arrangements.
v.It approved a report on the illicit proceeds generated from the supply chains for fentanyl and related synthetic opioids.
Jurisdictions under Increased Monitoring /Grey List
- New jurisdictions subject to increased monitoring or under Grey List are the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), Mozambique and Tanzania.
Jurisdiction no longer subject to increased monitoring
Following are the countries removed from Grey List:
i.Pakistan is excluded from the grey list after four years on terror financing and money laundering as it has strengthened the effectiveness of its AML/CFT (Anti-Money Laundering & Counter-Terrorist Financing) regime. Pakistan was put in this list in 2018 for its failure to check risk of money laundering, leading to corruption and terror financing.Pakistan will now be able to get more Foreign Direct Investment (FDI).
ii.Nicaragua too removed from the grey which had been under a close FATF monitoring since 2018.
What is a Grey List?
When the FATF places a jurisdiction grey list, it means the country has to resolve the identified strategic deficiencies in their regimes to counter money laundering, terrorist financing, and proliferation financing within agreed timeframes and is subject to increased monitoring.
- Currently 23 countries are under the Grey List.
Late Anna May Wong ,1st Asian-American Actor appears on US currency
Late Wong Liu Tsong, professionally known as Anna May Wong, 1st Chinese-American actor who left a lasting legacy for Asian American women with an accomplished career in motion pictures, television, and theatre, will become the 1st Asian American to appear on US currency.
- Anna May Wong’s face chin resting on her hand will begin circulating on 24th October 2022, as the 5th coin in the American Women Quarters (AWQ) Program.
- She entered into Hollywood industry in 1920’s and died in 1961.
- she was the 1st Asian American actress to receive a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 1960.
BANKING & FINANCE
PFRDA Modifies Equity Allocation Rule for Tier I & Tier II Accounts Under NPSThe Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) has revised the equity allocation standards for Tier 1 and Tier II National Pension System (NPS) accounts.
- The PFRDA has issued the new regulations in accordance with the powers granted by sub-clause (b) of sub-section (2) of Section 14 read with Section 23 of the PFRDA Act, 2013, and sub-regulation (1) of Regulation 14 of the PFRDA (Pension Fund) Regulations, 2015, as modified from time to time.
PFRDA New Regulations
i.The new regulation states that subscribers can allocate up to 75% of their funds to Equity (E) under active choice in a Tier-I account from the age of 51 years without any tapering requirements.
ii.In addition, PFRDA has decided to allocate 100% of subscriber contributions to Asset Class E (Equity) in Tier-II accounts (optional accounts) under the active choice without any tapering conditions.
About Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA):
Chairman – Supratim Bandyopadhyay
Establishment – 2003
>> Read Full News
ECONOMY & BUSINESS
The Netherlands Surpasses China to Become India’s 3rd-Largest Export MarketThe Netherlands has overtaken China and Bangladesh to become India’s 3rd-largest export destination, marking a significant shift in the export ranking for the fiscal year 2022–2023 (FY23).
- It has risen 2 places in India’s top ten export destinations since FY22, owing to a 106% increase in despatch to USD 7.5 billion until August 2022 in FY23 over the previous year.
In the first five months of FY23, India’s merchandise exports to all destinations increased 19.5% to USD 196.5 billion.
Top Export Destination of India
i.The United States (US) and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) continue to be India’s largest (1st) and second-largest (2nd) export destinations, respectively.
- Exports to the US increased by 18.3% to USD 35.2 billion up until August 2022, while exports to the UAE increased by 27.3% to USD 13.8 billion.
ii.Indonesia has climbed seven places to secure the 7th position.
- Exports to Indonesia increased 43% to USD 4.8 billion.
- Petroleum products dominated Indonesian supplies, which increased 144% year on year to USD 1.8 billion by August 2022. Cereals, sugar, and chemicals made up the other important items.
iii.The 8th-largest export market for India is Brazil, which was ranked 21st in FY22.
- Shipments to Brazil surged by 70.9% to USD 4.7 billion in the first five months of FY23.
- Petroleum product exports increased by 299% to USD 2.3 billion, followed by chemicals (USD 684 million) and automobiles, auto parts, and allied items (USD 684 million) (USD 233 million).
iv.Only two European countries—the Netherlands and the United Kingdom (UK)—are currently among India’s top ten markets, falling from 4 in FY22 due to a slowing in demand.
v.The main stimulus of India’s exports to the Netherlands has been a 238% increase in the export of oil products to USD 3.67 billion till August 2022.
- However, chemical (USD 513 million) and pharmaceutical (USD 219 million) supplies remained substantial.
vi.As China continues to battle the COVID-19 pandemic, India’s exports to China decreased by 35.6% to USD 6.8 billion until August 2022.
vii.India’s exports to Bangladesh increased just 8.7% to USD 5.8 billion.
- Bangladesh has limited its imports to just essential items in order to conserve dollars during a foreign exchange crisis.
viii.Germany and Belgium, which were on the list for FY22, are no longer included.
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
Uttar Pradesh bagged top honour at PMAY-U Awards 2021; MP and TN at 2nd & 3rd Uttar Pradesh(UP) has won the top honour at the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana-Urban(PMAY-U) Awards 2021 under the “Best Performing State” category.
Madhya Pradesh(MP) and Tamil Nadu(TN) have won the 2nd and 3rd Prizes under the Best Performing State category respectively.
- The winners of the PMAY (U) Awards 2021 – 150 Days Challenge was felicitated by Hardeep Singh Puri, Minister of Housing & Urban Affairs, during the Indian Urban Housing Conclave 2022 (IUHC 2022) organised in Shastri Maidan, Rajkot, Gujarat from 19th to 21st October 2022.
About PMAY-U awards:
In 2019, the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs(MoHUA) established the PMAY-U Awards for Implementation and innovation under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana-Urban(PMAY-U).
About the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs(MoHUA):
Union Minister– Hardeep Singh Puri(Rajya Sabha- Uttar Pradesh)
Minister of State– Kaushal Kishore(Constituency- Mohanlalganj, Uttar Pradesh)
>> Read Full News
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNATIONS
Liz Truss Resigns, Becomes Britain’s Shortest-Serving PM in History On 21st October 2022 United Kingdom (UK) Prime Minister (PM) Elizabeth Truss (Liz Truss) resigned from the post just six weeks after her appointment due to the economic programme that enraged most of the party members. The economic plan has also rattled financial markets, and increased the living costs for voters.
- She is the 4th PM of the Conservative Party(Tory party) – after David Cameron, Theresa May, and Boris Johnson – to resign before the end of their term.
- The ruling party is expected to select the new prime minister by October 28.
About Liz Truss:
i.On 6th September 2022 Liz Truss (47 years), a conservative leader was appointed as PM of UK
ii.Prior to her appointment as PM of UK, she served as the Secretary of State for Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Affairs(since 2019).
iii.Liz Truss becomes the shortest-serving PM, just for 45 days. Previously, George Canning held the record of shortest serving PM for serving 119 days in 1827 when he died.
About United Kingdom:
Capital – London
Currency – Pound sterling
QCI appoints Jaxay Shah as new Chairman; succeeds Adil Zainulbhai Quality Council of India (QCI) has appointed Jaxay Shah, former Chairman of the Confederation of Real Estate Developers’ Associations of India (CREDAI)as the new Chairman of QCI for a period of 3 years with effect from 21st October 2022.
- Jaxay Shah succeeds the former McKinsey India Chief Adil Zainulbhai who served as the Chairman of QCI from 2014 to 2022.
About Jaxay Shah:
i. Jaxay Shah has found one of India’s largest infrastructure conglomerates, the Savvy Group in 1996 and served as National Chairman of CREDAI, the apex body of private Real Estate developers in India.
ii. He was in the position of the Chairman of the Associated Chambers of Commerce & Industry of India (ASSOCHAM) Western Region Development Council and serves as the Advisor at the PharmEasy Accelerator Program, which offers more than 1 lakh medicine and health products.
About the Quality Council of India (QCI):
QCI is an organisation of 1,000 and above people who are improving the quality of life for 140 crore Indian citizens.
- It has helped the government with various flagship schemes to assess the quality of education, healthcare, food, sanitation, groundwater management, and natural resources like coal.
Chairman- Jaxay Shah
Headquarters- New Delhi, Delhi
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
India successfully tests new generation nuclear-capable ‘Agni Prime’ ballistic missileOn 21st October 2022 India successfully test-fired ‘Agni Prime (Agni-P)’, a new generation nuclear capable ballistic missiles from off the coast of Odisha.
- This was Agni Prime’s third consecutive and successful test.
i.Performance of the missile was validated using those data’s that are obtained by various tracking systems, including radar, telemetry and electro-optical systems.
ii.These systems were deployed at different locations along the flight path, including two down-range ships at the terminal point that covers missile’s entire trajectory.
iii.In June 2021, Agni Prime was tested for the first time and 6 months later (December 2021) the second test was successfully executed.
- This test demonstrated the system’s accuracy and dependability.
About Agni Prime:
i.The ‘Agni Prime’ is a two-stage canisterised missile with a maximum range of 2,000 km and minimum range of 1000 km. It is surface-to-surface ballistic missile. The nuclear-capable missile has been designed and developed by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO).
ii.It weighs around 50 percent less than the Agni 3 missile and also has new guidance and propulsion systems.
iii.It can be launched from rail or road and can be stored for longer period of time.
- This is a new-gen advanced variant of the Agni class of missile
- Since it is canisterised, it can be launched from rail or road, be stored for longer periods and can be transported as per operational requirements.
IIT Madras, NASA researchers study Microbial Interactions in Space Station
The Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IIT-Madras) and National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) researchers have studied the interactions between microbes in the International Space Station (ISS).
- A microbe that resides on the ISS was found to be beneficial to various other microorganisms but hampered the growth of a fungus.
- They conducted a study to help devise strategies for the disinfection of space stations to minimise the potential impact of microbes on the health of astronauts.
- This study was inspired by the earlier observations of the dominance of ‘Klebsiella pneumoniae’ (a bacteria), on the surfaces of the ISS.
Fifth Khelo India Youth Games 2022 to be held in Madhya Pradesh
The 5th edition of Khelo India Youth Games (KIYG) 2022 will be held in 8 cities in Madhya Pradesh from 31st January to 11th February 2023.
- The 4 edition of KIYG 2021, which was postponed due to COVID-19, was held in June 2022 in Haryana. The previous host Haryana has now passed on the torch to Madhya Pradesh.
- KIYG 2022 will be conducted in 8 cities in Madhya Pradesh are Bhopal, Indore, Gwalior, Ujjain, Maheshwar, Jabalpur, Mandla and Balaghat .
- Madhya Pradesh will be the 5th Indian state to host the Khelo India Youth Games.
- KIYG 2022 will feature a mix of Olympic, non-Olympic and traditional Indian sports like mallakhamb.
BOOKS & AUTHORS
Akshay Shah & Stephen Alter compiled and edited a new book “The Corbett Papers”
Akshay Shah and Stephen Alter compiled and edited a new book “The Corbett Papers: Biographical, Legal, & Contextual Material on the Life & Career of Jim Corbett of Kumaon” about Jim Corbett. It is published by Black Kite Publishing.
Jim Corbett, the famous naturalist-hunter, has written a series of bestsellers about his experiences with wildlife in the jungles of North India.
- Akshay Shah is an outdoor educator, a wilderness medicine instructor and a naturalist based in Ranikhet, Uttarakhand. He is currently the Director of the Hanifl Centre for Outdoor Education and Environmental Study in Uttarakhand.
- Stephen Alter is the author of more than 20 books, many of which focus on the natural history of the Himalaya. He has already written a novel “In the Jungles of the Night”, a reimagining of Jim Corbett’s life.
Dr Bimal Jalan authored the book “From dependence to Self-Reliance”
Economist Dr Bimal Jalan authored the book “From dependence to Self-Reliance: Mapping India’s Rise as a Global Superpower”, a stocktaking of India’s growth trajectory, benefits from Bimal Jalan’s deep insights.The book was published by Rupa Publications of India.The author was the former Governor of the Reserve Bank of India.
- Bimal Jalan breaks his book into 3 parts: 4 chapters on the economy, and 3 each on governance and politics.
- He detailed the patterns of trade and investment that have started turning in India’s favour to ensure that India becomes one of the world’s leading economies.
- Bimal Jalan wrote the big reason for India’s new growth trajectory in the 21st century has been the economic reforms of 1991 and underscores the decisive mandates that national governments have received since 2014.
International Stuttering Awareness Day 2022- October 22International Stuttering Awareness Day (ISAD) is annually celebrated across the globe on October 22 to create awareness about the speech disorder known as stuttering or stammering.
- The ISAD online conference has been an integral part of the ISAD since its inception.
Symbol: Since 2009, the Sea-Green Ribbon Campaign has been chosen as a stuttering awareness ribbon for ISAD.
i. In 1997, International Stuttering Awareness Day was initiated by Michael Sugarman, the co-founder of the National Stuttering Project (NSP), from Oakland, California, United States (US).
ii. In 1998, International Stuttering Awareness Day was declared to be observed on October 22 every year by the European League of Stuttering Associations (ELSA), the International Fluency Association (IFA), and the International Stuttering Association (ISA).
iii. The 1st ISAD was observed on 22nd October 1998.
About the International Stuttering Association (ISA):
Chair- Douglas Scott (United States America)
>> Read Full News
*****Click Here View – AC Excluded News*****
Current Affairs Today (AffairsCloud Today)
|S.no||Current Affairs 23, 24 & 25 October 2022|
|1||Mission LiFE launched by PM Narendra Modi, and UNSG from Kevadia, Gujarat|
|2||Maha MTS, India’s first Migration Monitoring System, Inaugurated in Mumbai|
|3||NLC India Signs MoU with National Institute of Wind Energy for Onshore, Offshore Wind Power Projects|
|4||PM Narendra Modi inaugurated 90th INTERPOL General Assembly in Pragati Maidan, New Delhi|
|5||Dr Mansukh Mandaviya, MoH&FW inaugurates Advanced Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory in Mumbai|
|6||Outcomes FATF Plenary October 2022: Pakistan excluded from Grey List|
|7||Anna May Wong to become the 1st Asian-American to appear on US currency|
|8||PFRDA Modifies Equity Allocation Rule for Tier I & Tier II Accounts Under NPS|
|9||The Netherlands Surpasses China to Become India’s 3rd-Largest Export Market|
|10||Uttar Pradesh bagged top honour at PMAY-U Awards 2021; MP and TN at 2nd & 3rd|
|11||Liz Truss Resigns, Becomes Britain’s Shortest-Serving PM in History|
|12||QCI appoints Jaxay Shah as new Chairman; succeeds Adil Zainulbhai|
|13||India successfully tests new generation nuclear-capable ‘Agni Prime’ ballistic missile|
|14||IIT Madras, NASA’s Jet Propulsion Lab researchers study Microbial Interactions in ISS|
|15||Fifth Khelo India Youth Games 2022 to be held in Madhya Pradesh|
|16||Akshay Shah & Stephen Alter compiled and edited a new book “The Corbett Papers”|
|17||Dr Bimal Jalan authored the book “From dependence to Self-Reliance”|
|18||International Stuttering Awareness Day 2022- October 22|