We are here for you to provide the important Recent and Latest Current Affairs 25 September 2021, which have unique updates of Latest Current Affairs 2021 events from all newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economic Times, PIB, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express, Business Standard and all Government official websites.
Our Current Affairs September 2021 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2021 PDF which will be a pedestrian to crack your exams.
Read Current Affairs in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Learn Current Affairs – Free Course – Click Here to Download the APP
Indian Army to procure 118 Main Battle Tanks Arjun Mk-1A worth Rs 7,523 crorei.On September 23, 2021, the Heavy Vehicles Factory (HVF) of Avadi, Chennai (Tamil Nadu) grabbed Rs 7,523 crore order from the Ministry of Defence (MoD) for the supply of 118 Main Battle Tanks (MBTs) Arjun Mk-1A for the Indian Army.The tank is known as the “hunter killers”.
ii.It is a new variant of MBT Arjun TankMk-1A with 72 new features, more indigenous content, and numerous upgrades.
iii.MoD also promulgated a framework for enhanced and synergised utilization of simulators by the three(Army, Navy and Air Force) Services and the Indian Coast Guard (ICG).
About Ministry of Defence (MoD):
Union Minister- Rajnath Singh (Constituency- Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh)
Minister of State– Ajay Bhatt (Constituency- Nainital–Udhamsingh Nagar, Uttarakhand)
>>Read Full News
ICRISAT signs deal with WFP to improve food security in India The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) and the International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) to improve food, nutrition security and livelihoods in India against the impacts of climate change.
- The deal was signed between WFP India representative and Country Director Bishow Parajuli and ICRISAT Director General Dr Jacqueline Hughes on September 24.
i.To bolster food security, nutrition and livelihoods that are resilient to climate change.
ii.To focus on climate-resilient food security, nutrition and livelihoods, especially for smallholder farmers and ecologically vulnerable communities.
iii.To generate ideas and frameworks for policy positions relevant not just for India but regional and global food problems.
It stands for International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics.
Headquarters: Patancheruvu, Hyderabad, Telangana
Director: Jacqueline d’Arros Hughes
Parent organisation:Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR)
About World Food Programme (WFP)
Headquarters: Rome, Italy
Head: David Beasley
Parent organisation: United Nations
India signs Pact for construction of Social Housing Units in Maldivesi.On September 23, 2021, EXIM (Export Import) Bank of India completed its agreement with Fahi Dhiriulhun Corporation Limited (FDC) of Maldives to provide a Buyers Credit of ∼$228 million for the construction of 4000 Social Housing Units in Hulhumale’ Phase II.
ii.The construction will be undertaken by India’s National Buildings Construction Company (NBCC) and JMC Projects (India).
iii.A total of 2800 units of 3 bedrooms and 3 toilets, and, 1200 units of 2 bedrooms and 2 toilets will be constructed under this.
Capital – Male
Currency – Maldivian rufiyaa
President – Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
>>Read Full News
India, UAE aims to sign CEPA by March 2022India and UAE have formally launched negotiations on the India-United Arab Emirates Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement (CEPA).
- UAE Minister of State for Foreign Trade Thani bin Ahmed Al Zeyoudi and Indian Commerce Minister Piyush Goyal decided to hold the first round of CEPA negotiations on September 23-24.
- Both sides aim to conclude negotiations by December 2021 and sign a formal agreement in March 2022.
i.The new agreement is expected to increase bilateral trade in goods to $100 billion within five years of the signed agreement and increase trade in services to $15 billion.
ii.It will create new jobs, raise living standards, and provide wider social and economic opportunities in both nations.
i.The UAE is currently India’s third-largest trading partner with bilateral trade valued at $59 billion in 2019-20 second-largest export destination after the US, with exports valued at $29 billion.
ii.India was the UAE’s second-largest trading partner in 2019, with bilateral non-oil trade valued at $41 billion.
iii.The UAE is also the eighth-largest investor in India, having invested $11 billion between April 2000 and March 2021, while investment by Indian companies in the UAE is estimated at over $85 billion.
iv.UAE is a major supplier of crude oil to India will shipments valued at $10.9 billion in 2019-2020.
About United Arab Emirates (UAE)
President: Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan
Capital: Abu Dhabi
Currency: United Arab Emirates dirham
UNICEF’s Fed to Fail? Report: No improvement in young children’s diets over past decadeIn accordance with the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) report titled ‘Fed to Fail? The crisis of children’s diets in early life’, two in every three children between 6–23 months didn’t get the nutritious diet needed for healthy growth and the COVID-19 pandemic could make the situation much worse.
- This report was released ahead of the United Nations Food Systems Summit on September 23, 2021 in New York, United States (US).
Basis of Analysis:
The report examined the UNICEF Global Database on Infant and Young Child Feeding for the status, trends, inequities and barriers to nutritious diets of children aged 6–23 months.
- This database has collated data from 607 nationally representative surveys conducted in 135 countries, representing more than 90% of all children under 2 years.
- UNICEF has estimated that globally, more than half of children under the age of 5 with wasting are younger than 2 years of age.This amounts to around 23 million children.
i.Around 27% of children aged 6-8 months were not fed any solid food.
ii.Among children aged 6–23 months, around half were not fed the minimum number of meals or snacks.
iii.Around one in every three young children in Australia, Ethiopia, Ghana, India, Mexico, Nigeria, Serbia and Sudan were fed at least one processed or ultra-processed food or drink daily.
iiv.The diet of the world’s children below the age of two years has not improved in the last decade.
- The exceptions are Bangladesh, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Gambia, Kyrgyzstan, Maldives, Nepal, Sierra Leone and Timor-Leste who have recorded significant improvements in the quality of young diets over the last 10 years.
- It was also found that Afghanistan, Bangladesh and India experience powerful social norms that exclude them from food-purchase decisions.
iv.Children in rural areas, poorer households and disadvantaged regions have the least diverse diets.
Recommendations by Report for nutritious, safe and affordable diet to every child:
- Increasing the availability and affordability of nutritious foods
- Implementing national standards and legislation to protect young children from unhealthy processed food and drink
- Ending harmful marketing practices targeting children and families
India Ranked 46th in GII 2021 by WIPO; Switzerland TopsIndia’s rank in Global Innovation Index (GII) 2021 by the World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO) improved by two spots to 46th from 48th in GII 2020.
- India entered into the group of top 50 countries in GII for the 1st time.
- The NITI (National Institution for Transforming India) Aayog, along with the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and the WIPO, virtually hosted the India Launch of the GII 2021 and the Global Innovation Conclave in September 2021.
|Overall Rank of GII||Country|
|3||United States of America|
About WIPO (World Intellectual Property Organisation):
Establishment – 1967
Headquarters – Geneva, Switzerland
Director-General – Daren Tang (Singapore)
Members – 193 member states
>>Read Full News
Global Startup Ecosystem Report 2021: Mumbai, Bangalore and London Named among Top Startup Hubs; Silicon Valley TopsAs per the annual ranking of the international startup hubs named ‘Global Startup Ecosystem Report 2021’, compiled by research organisation ‘Startup Genome’, and The Global Entrepreneurship Network, London, Mumbai, and Bangalore are featured among the world’s top startup hubs.
- Bangalore ranked 23rd (26 in 2020) among the top 30 global startups, whereas Delhi ranked 36.
- Global Startup Ranking: Silicon Valley ranked 1st followed by New York City and London (2nd) Beijing ranked at 4 and Boston at 5.
- Top 5 Global Startup Ecosystem 2021 Ranking
Rank City 1 Silicon Valley 2 New York City 2 London 4 Beijing 5 Boston
- Mumbai: It retained its 1st position in the Emerging Ecosystems ranking outperforming other fast-growing ecosystems in areas of funding, performance market research, and talent. Emerging Ecosystems are the ecosystems in earlier stages of growth that have high potential to be global performers in the future.
- As per the report, Indian startups raised USD 12.1 billion in the first half of 2021 and as of August 2021, India has produced 24 unicorns.
About Startup Genome:
Headquarters – San Francisco, California, United States
Founder & CEO – JF Gauthier
>>Read Full News
Accra of Ghana Named as the UNESCO’s World Book Capital for 2023Audrey Azoulay, Director-General of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization(UNESCO) has named Accra, Capital of Ghana as the UNESCO World Book Capital for 2023, following the evaluation of the World Book Capital Advisory Committee.
- Accra is the 23rd city to be named the World Book Capital since 2001.
- The celebrations will start on 23rd April 2023, World Book and Copyright Day 2023.
- Objective – Cities designated as UNESCO World Book Capital undertake to promote books and reading for all ages and population groups, within and across national borders, and to organize a programme of activities for the year.
World Book Capital Advisory Committee:
The UNESCO World Book Capital Advisory Committee comprises representatives of the International Publishers Association (IPA), the International Federation of Library Associations (IFLA), the International Authors Forum (IAF) and UNESCO.
- Madrid(Spain) was the first city to be named the UNESCO World Book Capital in 2001.
- Guadalajara of Mexico was named the World Book Capital of 2022.Tbilisi, Capital of Georgia was named the World Book Capital of 2021.
i.The city of Accra has been selected for its focus on young people and their potential contribution to the culture and wealth of Ghana.
ii.The cities designated as World Book capital undertakes efforts to promote books and reading for all ages and population groups within and across the borders.
iii.As the world book capital, Accra will promote the reading and writing of books in different Ghanaian languages.
BANKING & FINANCE
BPCL, SBI Card Launched Co-branded RuPay Contactless Credit Card for the Cashless PaymentsBharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL) and State Bank of India (SBI) card launched the ‘BPCL SBI Card co-branded RuPay Contactless Credit Card’, to enhance the savings of the customers and provide a boost to cashless transactions ,
i.The card provides a 1 percent surcharge waiver on every transaction up to Rs 4000 with a 4.25 percent value back.
ii.The credit cardholders will get reward points on fuel purchase at BPCL petrol pumps and different categories such as grocery, departmental store etc.
iii.The card will strengthen the portfolio of SBI Cards on the Rupay platform.
About Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL):
Headquarters– Mumbai, Maharashtra
Chairman and Managing Director– Arun Kumar Singh
About State Bank of India (SBI)
Founded- 1 July 1955
Headquarters- Mumbai, Maharashtra
Chairperson– Dinesh Kumar Khara
Bank Deposits Grew by 11.9% in FY21 due to Higher CASA growth: RBI As per the Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI) publication of ‘Deposits with Scheduled Commercial Banks – March 2021’, Scheduled Commercial Banks (SCBs) deposits in FY21 grew by 11.9 percent year-on-year compared to 8.8 percent in FY20 due to high growth in the Current Account and Savings Account (CASA) deposits.
- The share of CASA deposits in FY21 increased to 43.7 percent in March 2021, compared to 41.7 percent in FY20.
- Private Sector Banks: The share of private sector banks in total bank deposits in FY21 increased to 30.5 percent from 29.5 percent in FY20.
- Non-financial corporations: In FY21, the Bank deposits of non-financial corporations increased by 18.8 percent and their share in total deposits also increased to 16.2 percent.
- Deposits of Metropolitan bank branches (which accounts for over half of total deposits) increased to 59.6 percent in FY21 compared with 43.2 percent in FY20.
About Reserve Bank of India (RBI):
Establishment – 1st April 1935
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
Governor – Shaktikanta Das
Deputy Governors – Mahesh Kumar Jain, Michael Debabrata Patra, and M Rajeshwar Rao, T. Rabi Sankar
>>Read Full News
DFC and USAID Announce $55 million Credit Guarantee Programme to Address Economic Impact of COVID-19 in IndiaUnited States (US) International Development Finance Corporation (DFC) in collaboration with United States Agency for International Development (USAID) jointly announced an 8-year sponsor project programme with a credit guarantee of USD 55 million (~ Rs 400 crores) named ‘India Covid Response Programme for Agriculture Transition’ to address the economic impact of COVID-19 in India.
This initiative will offer customized financial solutions to entities interested in adopting climate-smart and green solutions.
- Objective: To improve the linkages and increase the income of farmers while having a positive environmental impact.
- Beneficiaries: Loans will be provided to Farmer Producer Organizations(FPO), agriculture- technology companies (Ag-tech), Companies engaged in Clean Energy Sectors of agriculture, women and vulnerable sections in India.
About USAID (United States Agency for International Development)
Established- 3 November 1961
Founder– John F. Kennedy
Headquarters– Washington, DC, United States of America
Administrator- Samantha Power
>>Read Full News
Flipkart Wholesale Partnered with Davinta to Offer Credit Facility for Retailers
Flipkart Wholesale, digital Business-to-Business (B2B) marketplace of Flipkart Group partnered with Davinta Financial Services Private Limited (Davinta), an SME lending platform based in Bengaluru, to offer a credit facility for retailers associated with Flipkart.
- The partnership between Flipkart Wholesale and Davinta will offer a “Buy Now Pay Later”(BNPL) credit facility to the Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) and Kiranas.
- Vyaapaar Shakti, the flagship product of Davinta, is a BNPL credit facility designed for small retailers.
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
GeM bags CIPS Award 2021Government e Marketplace (GeM) wins CIPS Excellence in Procurement Awards 2021 (CIPS Awards) in the “Best Use of Digital Technology” category. The award was given by The Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS), London.
- The award was received by High Commission of India First Secretary (Economic) Rohit Vadhwana on behalf of GeM in a programme held in London on September 22.
- GeM was also shortlisted as a finalist in two additional categories, i.e., ‘Public Procurement Project of the Year’ and ‘Best Initiative to Build a Diverse Supply Base’.
i.Government e Marketplace is the government owned Section 8 company setup under the aegis of Department of Commerce, Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
ii.It offers a cashless, contactless, and paperless experience and serves as an end-to-end solution for procurement of goods and services.
i.The Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS) is a global not-for-profit organisation and professional body dedicated to promoting good practices in procurement and supply management, with a community across 150 countries.
NHPC’s 510 MW Teesta-V Power Station, Sikkim won 2021 IHA Blue Planet Prize The 2021 IHA Blue Planet Prize for excellence in sustainable hydropower development has been awarded to 510 MW Teesta-V Power Station, Sikkim, owned and being operated by NHPC Limited.
- The award was presented by the International Hydropower Association (IHA), a non-profit membership association operating in 120 countries, based in London, United Kingdom(UK).
- The award was announced during the World Hydropower Congress, 2021 held from 7th to 24th September 2021 over a virtual platform.
Blue Planet Prize 2021:
i.The Blue Planet Prize 2021 is presented based on the sustainability assessment conducted by a team of independent accredited assessors in 2019 using the Hydropower Sustainability Assessment Protocol (HSAP) from January to June 2019.
ii.HSAP is a leading international tool used for measuring the sustainability of hydropower projects.
iii.This offers a way to benchmark the performance of hydropower projects against a range of environmental, social, technical and governance criteria.
2021 IHA Mosonyi Award for Excellence in Hydro power has been awarded to former CEO of IHA Richard Taylor, Director at RMT Renewables Consulting Ltd. Ashtead, England.
About NHPC’s 510 MW Teesta-V project:
The Teesta-V project is located on the Teesta River, Sikkim, India.
About Blue Planet Prize:
The Blue Planet Prize is awarded to the hydropower projects that demonstrate excellence in sustainable development.
About NHPC Limited:
NHPC ltd was Incorporated on 7th November 1975 as National Hydro-Electric Power Corporation Pvt Ltd and in April 1986, it was converted into a public limited company.
CMD– Abhay Kumar Singh
Headquarters– Faridabad, Haryana
Geeta Samota Became Fastest Indian to do Dual Summit
Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) official Geeta Samota became the ‘Fastest Indian to do Dual Summit’ after she completed the summit of two peaks of Mt Elbrus (5,642 mts) in Russia and Kilimanjaro peak (5,895 mts) in Tanzania (Africa).
- Indian High Commissioner to Tanzania Binaya Pradhan has mentioned the title earned by Geeta Samota. Kilimanjaro is Africa’s highest peak.
- Geeta Samota works with CISF, a central paramilitary force under the command of the Union home ministry.
ACQUISITIONS & MERGERS
IndusInd Bank Acquired 4.79% Stake in McLeod Russel India The IndusInd Bank has acquired a 4.79% stake in debt-laden McLeod Russel India Limited(MRIL) by involving pledged shares for recovery of its dues.
The bank, in accordance with the invocation of the pledge of shares, acquired 5000000 equity shares of MRIL.
MRIL, the leading bulk tea manufacturer in India, is a flagship company of the BM Khaitan group.
i.The equity shares of McLeod Russel held by Ichamati Investments were pledged with IndusInd bank for securing the outstanding dues of MRIL.
ii.The IndusInd bank invoked the pledged shares to recover its due from MRIL.
i.In June 2021, IndusInd bank acquired 7067500 equity shares of MRIL forming 6.77% paid-up equity share capital of MRIL, by invoking pledged shares for recovery of its dues.
ii.By the end of the first quarter of this fiscal, the promoter shareholdings in MRIL stood at 10.07%.
iii.The other financial creditors of MRIL include Indian Bank, Axis Bank, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, State Bank of India, UCO Bank, Punjab National Bank, Yes Bank, RBL Bank and Standard Chartered Bank.
About IndusInd Bank:
MD & CEO– Sumant Kathpalia
Headquarters– Pune, Maharashtra
About McLoed Russel India Ltd (MRIL):
MRIL was incorporated as Eveready Company India. Private Limited on 5th May 1998.
CMD– Aditya Khaitan
Headquarters– Kolkata, West Bengal
Odisha to Host U-21 FIH Men’s Hockey Junior World Cup 2021; To be held in Kalinga Stadium, BhubaneswarOdisha is set to host the U-21 FIH Men’s Hockey Junior World Cup 2021, the men’s under-21(U-21) field hockey world championship, organized by the International Hockey Federation(FIH- Fédération Internationale de Hockey). This is the 12th edition of the FIH Men’s Hockey Junior World Cup.
- The U-21 FIH Hockey Men’s Junior World Cup 2021 will be held in the Kalinga Stadium, Bhubaneswar, Odisha from 24 November to 5 December 2021.
- Naveen Patnaik, Chief Minister(CM) of Odisha unveiled the trophy and logo for the tournament.
About the Junior World Cup:
i.A total of 16 teams will compete in the FIH U-21 Men’s Hockey Junior World Cup 2021.
ii.The event will feature India(host and the defending champion), South Korea, Malaysia, Pakistan, South Africa, Egypt, Belgium, England, France, Germany, the Netherlands, Spain, United States of America(USA), Canada, Chile and Argentina.
iii.FIH announced that the USA and Canada will replace Australia and New Zealand, which withdrew from the event due to COVID-19 related travel restrictions.
i.In 2016, India won its 2nd Junior World Cup title at the 11th edition of FIH Men’s Hockey Junior World Cup, hosted in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh.
ii.Previously Bhubaneswar has hosted the 2014 FIH Men’s Champions Trophy, 2017 FIH Hockey World League and 2018 FIH Men’s World Cup.
iii.Bhubaneswar and Rourkela of Odisha are set to co-host the 2023 FIH Men’s Hockey World Cup.
About International Hockey Federation(FIH):
President– Dr Narinder DhruvBatra
Chief Executive Officer– Thierry Weil
Headquarters– Lausanne, Switzerland
Magnus Carlsen won 9th EY Norway Chess 2021; India’s Gukesh won Norway Open 2021 MastersMagnus Carlsen, Norwegian chess Grandmaster won the 9th edition of EY Norway Chess 2021 against Russian Grandmaster Ian Alexandrovich Nepomniachtchi. This marks Magnus Carlsen’s 3rd consecutive title in Norway chess and 4th overall title.
Norway Chess 2021, a 6-player double round-robin tournament was held from 7th to 17th September 2021 in Stavanger, Norway.
- Grandmaster Alireza Firouzja (Iranian-French Chess Player) finished 2nd by defeating Hungarian grandmaster Richárd Rapport.
- Richárd Rapport finished 3rd in the Norway Chess 2021.
About Norway Chess:
i.Norway chess started in 2012 is one of the world’s most prestigious chess tournaments annually hosting a tournament with the global top players.
ii.This is an annual super tournament for the highest-ranked chess players in the world.
i.Magnus Carlsen tops the September ranking of FIDE (International Chess Federation) followed by Fabiano Caruana of the USA(2nd) Liren Ding of China (3rd). Indian Grandmaster Viswanathan Anand is ranked 17th.
ii.Among women players, China’s YifanHou tops the list followed by Aleksandra Goryachkina of Russia (2nd) and Humpy Koneru of India(3rd).
India’s Gukesh D won Norway Open 2021 Masters:
Indian Grandmaster Gukesh D won the Norway Chess open 2021 under the masters’ section and won 60000 (Norwegian Krone)NOK (around Rs 509000).
- This marks his 2nd consecutive win in a month.
- Gukesh’s ranks 18th in FIDE’s Juniors September ranking.
Indian Grandmaster Iniyan P secured the second position with 7½/10 points, finishing a half-point ahead of Dmitrij Kollars (Germany) and Valentin Dragnev (Austria).
- Iniyan P has won 40000 NOK(around Rs 339000).
Eminent Odia Litterateur Manorama Mohapatra Passed Away
Manorama Mohapatra, a noted Odia litterateur and former editor of “The Samaja”, an Odia daily, has passed away in Cuttack, Odisha. She was born on 10th June 1934 in Athagarh in Cuttack district, Odisha.
- She has won numerous honours including the Soviet Nehru Award (1988), Critic Circle of India Award (1990).
- She has authored more than 40 books, Poems and novels which includes her debut book ‘Juar JeiunthiUthe’(1960), ‘Ardhanareeswara’, ‘BaidehiVisarjita’, ‘Sanghatir Samhita’.
BOOKS & AUTHORS
New Book Titled “The Three Khans: And the Emergence of New India” Authored by Kaveree Bamzai
Senior journalist Kaveree Bamzai has authored a new book titled “The Three Khans: And the Emergence of New India” which collocates the careers of Aamir Khan, Shahrukh khan and Salman khan with turbulent times in Indian history.
The book published by Westland Non-Fiction explores their careers and examines their social and emotional impact on Indian audiences.
- Kaveree Bamzai is an independent journalist who has worked with India Today, The Indian Express and The Times of India,
- She was the 1st and the only woman editor of India Today.
Haryana approves implementation of MBBY-a crop assurance schemeThe Haryana government decided to cover farmers growing horticultural crops against abiotic factors under a specially-designed scheme- Mukhyamantri Bagwani Bima Yojana (MBBY).
About Mukhyamantri Bagwani Bima Yojana (MBBY)
i.MBBY is an assurance-based scheme to compensate crop losses due to adverse weather and natural calamities.
ii.The scheme was designed as Horticulture Crop Assurance Scheme with the aim to encourage farmers to cultivate high-risk horticulture crops.
iii.The scheme will be optional and shall cover the entire state.
iv.The scheme will be monitored by state and district level committees, under Pradhan Mantri Fasal BimaYojana (PMFBY).
Governor: Bandaru Dattatreya
Airports: Ambala Air Force Station, Hisar Airport andSirsa Air Force Station.
>>Read Full News
Current Affairs Today (AffairsCloud Today)
|S.no||Current Affairs 25 September 2021|
|1||Indian Army to procure 118 Main Battle Tanks Arjun Mk-1A worth Rs 7,523 crore|
|2||ICRISAT signs deal with WFP to improve food security in India|
|3||India signs Pact for construction of Social Housing Units in Maldives|
|4||India, UAE aims to sign CEPA by March 2022|
|5||No improvement in young children’s diets over past decade: UNICEF|
|6||India Ranked 46th in GII 2021 by WTPO|
|7||Global Startup Ecosystem Report 2021: Mumbai, Bangalore and London Named among Top Startup Hubs|
|8||Accra of Ghana Named as the UNESCO’s World Book Capital for 2023|
|9||BPCL, SBI Card Launched Co-branded RuPay Contactless Credit Card for the Cashless Payments|
|10||Bank Deposits Grew by 11.9% in FY21 due to Higher CASA growth: RBI|
|11||DFC and USAID Announce $55 million Credit Guarantee Programme to Address Economic Impact of COVID-19 in India|
|12||Flipkart Wholesale Partnered with Davinta to Offer Credit Facility for Retailers|
|13||GeM bags CIPS Award 2021|
|14||NHPC’s 510 MW Teesta-V Power Station, Sikkim won 2021 IHA Blue Planet Prize|
|15||Geeta Samota became Fastest Indian to do Dual Summit|
|16||IndusInd Bank Acquired 4.79% Stake in McLeod Russel India|
|17||Odisha to Host FIH Men’s Hockey Junior World Cup 2021; will be held in Kalinga Stadium, Bhubaneswar|
|18||Magnus Carlsen won 9th EY Norway Chess 2021; India’s Gukesh won Norway Open 2021 Masters|
|19||Eminent Odia Litterateur Manorama Mohapatra Passed Away|
|20||New Book Titled “The Three Khans: And the Emergence of New India” Authored by Kaveree Bamzai|
|21||Haryana approves implementation of MBBY-a crop assurance scheme|