We are here for you to provide the important Recent and Latest Current Affairs 14 September 2022, which have unique updates of Latest Current Affairs 2022 events from all newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economic Times, PIB, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express, Business Standard and all Government official websites.
Our Current Affairs September 2022 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2022 PDF which will be a pedestrian to crack your exams.
Read Current Affairs in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Learn Current Affairs – Free Course – Click Here to Download the APP
We are Hiring – Subject Matter Expert | CA Video Creator | Content Developers(Pondicherry)
6th NHA Estimates Report: GoI’s Health Expenditure GDP Fell from 1.35% to 1.28%According to the 6th National Health Accounts (NHA) Estimates Report of India for 2018-19 data, the centre’s share in the total government health expenditure dropped to 34.3 percent in 2018-19 from 40.8 percent in 2017-2018.The government’s health expenditure as a percentage of the GDP fell from 1.35 in 2017-18 to 1.28 in 2018-2019.
- The report was prepared by National Health Systems Resource Centre (NHSRC), designated as National Health Accounts Technical Secretariat (NHATS) in 2014 by Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW).
- It was prepared by using an accounting framework based on the System of Health Accounts, 2011, developed by the World Health Organization (WHO).
- Health expenditure includes current and capital expenditures incurred by the government, private sectors and also the external funds.
Highlights of the report:
i.The share of States to government health expenditure has raised up to 7 percent such as 65.7 percent in 2018-19, from 59.2 percent in 2017-2018.
ii.The total health expenditure per capita has been increased by 74 percent since 2013-14, that is Rs. 1042 to Rs 1815 in 2018-19.
- Government’s health expenditure as a percentage of Current Health Expenditure has increased from 23.2% in 2013-14 to 34.5% in 2018-19.
iii.According to the above report,
- government health expenditure in the total Gross Domestic Product (GDP) of the country has increased from 1.15% in 2013-14 to 1.28% in 2018-19.
- GDP of total health expenditure fell to 3.2 per cent in 2018-19, when compared to 3.3 per cent in the 2017 -18 and 4 per cent in 2013-14.
iv.The social safety net for healthcare expenditure increased to 9.6 per cent in 2018-2019 from 9 percent in 2017-18 and 6 percent in 2013-14.
v.The share of private sector insurance expenditure to total health expenditure has raised to 6.6 percent in 2018-19 as against 5.8 percent in 2017-18.
vi.Primary and secondary care account for more than 80 percent of the current Government Health Expenditure and showed an increase in their share from 74 percent (2013-14) to 86 percent (2018-19).
- Whereas in the private sector, the share of Primary and secondary care has declined from 82 percent (2013-14) to 70 percent (2018-19).
Out-of-pocket expenditure (OOPE):
The OOPE are those that are directly made by households or family or an individual at the time of receiving healthcare. The report also provides a comparison of the per-capita OOPE of India with other countries, using Global Health Expenditure Database provided by WHO. In the group of 189 countries, India ranks 66th for per capita OOPE.
- OOPE as a percentage of the total health expenditure has declined by 16 points from 64.2 percent to 48.2 percent.
- OOPE as a percentage of the current health expenditure has also declined from 69.1 percent to 53.2 percent.
- Per capita OOPE has decreased by 8 percent between 2013-14 and 2018-19 from Rs. 2366 to Rs. 2155.
IIT-Madras becomes 1st Indian institution to join NY-Based IBM Quantum Network
On 12th September 2022, the Indian Institute of Technology-Madras (IIT-M), Chennai, Tamil Nadu, has become the 1st Indian educational institution to join the New York (NY)-based International Business Machines (IBM) Quantum Network to promote and advance quantum computing skills development and research in India.
- IIT-M is to join a network total of 180 global members in the IBM Quantum Network.
i. The members of IBM Quantum Network include a community of Fortune 500 companies, start-ups, academic institutions, and research labs. The network includes about 53 academic institutes from across the world.
ii. The Centre for Quantum Information, Communication and Computing (CQuICC) at IIT-M aims to advance core algorithms in research areas like Quantum Machine Learning, Quantum Optimisation, and Applications research in Finance.
iii. IIT-M will use IBM Quantum services alongside the open-source Qiskit framework to explore areas like quantum algorithms, quantum error correction and error mitigation, etc, to advance and enlarge the quantum computing ecosystem.
iv. IIT-M will receive cloud-based access to IBM’s advanced quantum computing systems and IBM’s quantum expertise.
- The access helps to explore practical applications and realise wide-ranging benefits of this technology business and society.
- Joining IBM Quantum Network will provide IIT-M faculty direct access to state-of-the-art quantum hardware and software.
v. The previous year, IIT-M joined IBM’s quantum education programme to provide IIT-M students and faculty access to IBM quantum learning resources.
JIMEX 2022: India and Japan Begins Joint Naval exercise at Bay of BengalOn 11th September 2022, the sixth edition of Japan India Maritime Exercise 2022 (JIMEX 22) was hosted by the Indian Navy and it commenced in the Bay of Bengal.
- The first edition of JIMEX took place in the year 2013.
- The JIMEX 22 marks the 10th anniversary of JIMEX, which began in Japan in 2012 and also coincides with the 70th anniversary of the diplomatic relations between India and Japan.
Participation of both countries:
i. Japan Maritime Self Defence Force (JMSDF) ships Izumo, a Helicopter Carrier, and Takanami, a Guided Missile Destroyer were represented the Japanese Navy.
- The JMSDF ships are being led by R Adm Hirata Toshiyuki, Commander Escort Flotilla Four.
ii.The Indian Navy was represented by three indigenously designed and built warships; INS Sahyadri, a multi-purpose stealth frigate and Anti-Submarine Warfare Corvettes INS Kadmatt and INS Kavaratti.
- Additionally, Guided Missile Destroyer Ranvijay, Fleet Tanker Jyoti, Offshore Patrol Vessel Sukanya, submarines, MIG 29K fighter aircraft, Long Range Maritime Patrol Aircraft and ship borne helicopters are also taking part in the exercise.
- Indian Naval ships are led by R Adm Sanjay Bhalla, Flag Officer Commanding Eastern Fleet.
About JIMEX 22:
i.JIMEX 22 exercise involves 2 Phases that includes one at sea and another is the harbour phase at Visakhapatnam.
ii.This exercise would consolidate the interoperability between the two maritime forces through complex exercises in the surface, sub-surface and air domains.
India to hold G20 Presidency for 1 year Starting from December 2022
India will assume the Presidency of the Group of Twenty (G20) for a span of 1 year with effect from December 1, 2022, to November 30, 2023. Under G20 Presidency, India expects to host more than 200 G20 meetings across the country, beginning in December 2022.
- India will host the G20 Leaders’ Summit in New Delhi on 09 and 10 September 2023.
- The G20 is an intergovernmental forum (IGF) of the world’s major developed and developing economies which comprises 19 countries and the European Union (EU).
- G20 considers 85% of global Gross domestic product (GDP), 75% of international trade, and two-thirds of the world population to make a major platform for international economic cooperation.
- Currently, India is a part of the G20 Troika (current, previous and incoming G20 Presidencies) comprising Indonesia, Italy and India. During our Presidency, India, Indonesia and Brazil would form the troika.
CJI U U Lalit inaugurates NALSA’s Centre for Citizen Services in New Delhi
On 13th September 2022, the National Legal Services Authority (NALSA) centre for citizen services has been inaugurated by Chief Justice of India (CJI) Uday Umesh Lalit at Jaisalmer house in New Delhi.
- NALSA received the space at Jaisalmer House to utilise the establishment of the Legal Assistance Centre for Citizens, Legal Assistance Centre for NRIs (Non-resident Indian), Training Centre, and Digital Command Centre for providing legal services across the country.
- NALSA has been constituted under the Legal Services Authorities Act, 1987 (Article 39A)
- The purpose of this act is to provide free legal aid to the weaker sections of society and conduct Lok Adalats for the quick resolution of cases.
- On 9th November 2021, the NALSA office which was placed in Jamnagar House shifted to the Additional Building Complex of the Supreme Court of India.
ILO Report: Modern Slavery On the Rise; Witnesses 25 % Increase in 5 YearsAccording to the “Global Estimates of Modern Slavery-Forced Labour and Forced Marriage,” released by the International Labour Organization (ILO), there were approximately 50 million (49.6 million) people living in modern slavery on any given day in 2021, up from 40 million in 2016 and a 25% increase over the last 5 years.
- Of these people, 22 million were trapped in forced marriages and nearly 28 million (27.6 million) were subjected to forced labour. The most vulnerable members of society continue to be women and children.
- Modern Slavery refers to a set of specific legal concepts, such as forced labour, concepts related to forced labour (such as debt bondage, slavery, and slavery like practices and human trafficking), and forced marriage.
i.Upper-Middle Income or High-Income countries account for more than half (52%) of all forced labour and a quarter of all forced marriages.
ii.The number of people who are forced to work has increased by 2.7 million between 2016 and 2021.
iii.In 2021, there were an estimated 22 million people living in forced marriages on any given day. Between 2016 and 2021, the number of people in forced marriages climbed by 6.6 million.
About International Labour Organisation (ILO):
Director-General – Guy Ryder (Gilbert F. Houngbo will take office in October 2022.)
Establishment – 1919
>> Read Full News
India & Madagascar signed MoU on Training of DiplomatsOn 12 September 2022, India and Madagascar signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for the training of diplomats between India and Madagascar.
The agreement was signed between the Sushma Swaraj Institute of Foreign Service (SSIFS) under the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) of India and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) of Madagascar.
The MoU was signed between H.E. Richard Randriamandrato, Foreign Affairs Minister of Madagascar and Abhay Kumar, Indian Ambassador to Madagascar during a special ceremony organized at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Republic of Madagascar on 12 September 2022.
i.The agreement helps in enhancing cooperation between India and Madagascar to facilitate better training of diplomats.
ii.It will also encourage the exchange of information and content of training programmes for diplomats.
About Sushma Swaraj Institute of Foreign Service (SSIFS):
i.The Sushma Swaraj Institute of Foreign Service (SSIFS) is the civil service training institute where Indian Foreign Service officers are trained.
ii.The institute functions under the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), Government of India.
Dean- Sanjiv Ranjan
Located- New Delhi, Delhi
BANKING & FINANCE
Open Door: Axis Bank and Square Yards launched a Platform for Hassle-Free Home BuyingAxis Bank and Square Yards have launched a co-branded first-of-its-kind unified platform, a home buyer ecosystem namely ‘Open Door’. It is an integrated platform that makes the entire process of finding and purchasing a house a hassle-free and effective process for clients.
- Square Yards is India’s largest integrated Real Estate platform while Axis Bank is India’s third largest private sector bank.
- Square Yards will utilize Axis Bank’s geographical reach and diversified portfolio of financial products to enhance homebuyer experience.
i.It is a first-of-its-kind unified platform that will handle all consumer inquiries around residential real estate.
ii.It will provide cost-effective end-to-end home purchasing support, exclusive builder inventory access, seamless home loan processing, and additional services like rental and property management, home furnishing, and legal and technical services.
iii.The joint offers from Square Yards and Axis Bank on home buying, home loans, and other related property services will be included in the real estate inventory displayed on the Open Doors platform. It will bring down the total cost of home ownership.
About Square Yard:
Founder and CEO– Tanuj Shori
Headquarters– Gurugram, Haryana
About Axis Bank:
Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer– Amitabh Chaudhry
Headquarters– Mumbai, Maharashtra
Tagline– Badhti Ka Naam Zindagi
Canara HSBC Life Insurance Launches iSelect guaranteed future planCanara HSBC Life Insurance launches iSelect Guaranteed Future, an individual, non-linked, non-participating, savings and protection life insurance plan in digital platform.
- The above product offers two special features such as “Guaranteed Maturity Benefit” and “Boost your Maturity” under which Guaranteed additions accrue during the last five policy years to enhance policy’s benefits to the customers..
i.The product, iSelect Guaranteed Future Plan has been customized to cater short term and long term financial requirements.
ii.They provide multiple options including iAchieve and Flexi iAchieve, iAssure and Flexi iAssure, and Easy iAchieve.
1.iAchieve and Flexi iAchieve plan – The customers have to pay a premium for a limited period (5 or 7 or 10 years) and get a guaranteed sum assured at maturity.
2.iAssure and Flexi iAssure plan – The customers can pay for a limited period (5 or 7 or 10 years), and get guaranteed lump sum on maturity including guaranteed income after the premium paying term.
- Eligibility: The maximum entry age for either of the above policies will be 65 years.
- The policy terms can be 10 and 15 years for a 5-year premium payment term; 12 and 14 years for a 7-year premium paying term, and 15 and 20 years for a 10-year premium paying term.
3.Easy iAchieve – It comes with a single premium payment term along with guaranteed lump sum on maturity.
- The policy term can be 10, 12, 14, 15 or 20 years.
- The maximum age for the Easy iAchieve option is 45 years.
About Canara HSBC Life Insurance:
MD and CEO – Anuj Mathur
Establishment – 2008
Headquarters – Gurugram, Haryana
Nippon Life India Asset Management & DWS Group to launch a European-listed Indian Government Bond ETFNippon Life India Asset Management (Singapore) Pte. Ltd, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Nippon Life India Asset Management Ltd and DWS Group has collaborated to provide portfolio management and investment advisory services to the European-listed Indian Government Bond Exchange Traded Funds (ETF).
i.Under this collaboration, clients of DWG Group will get access to the attractive Indian bond market.
ii.As of August 2022, the market size for securities issued by the Indian government was over USD 1 trillion, which placed India between corresponding markets in Canada and Spain.
- India ranked second in the emerging markets of local currency (first is China).
iii.Currently Indian rupee-denominated government bonds due to limited liquidity and accessibility are not included in the flagship indices such as Bloomberg Global-Aggregate or J.P. Morgan Government Bond – Emerging Markets Global Diversified.
About Fully Accessible Route (FAR):
i.The FAR is a separate channel established by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), in consultation with the Government of India(GoI).
ii.Under the FAR, only eligible investors can invest in specified Government securities without any investment ceilings. The instruments comprise FAR-eligible fixed-rate and zero-coupon bonds.
iii.The relevant index (J.P. Morgan India Government Fully Accessible Route (FAR) Bond index) aims to track the performance of fixed-rate Indian rupee-denominated Indian government bonds that are made eligible for investment to non-residents under the Fully Accessible Route (FAR).
HDFC Life Introduces ‘Click2Protect Super’ Term Insurance PolicyHDFC Life Insurance Company Limited (HDFC Life), one of the leading insurance providers in India, has developed “Click2Protect Super”, a term insurance policy that allows clients to customize their protection needs and only pay for the benefits/plan options that they have chosen.
- Click2Protect Super is a non-linked, non-participating, individual, pure risk premium/savings life insurance plan that offers extensive flexibility options.
‘Click2Protect Super’ Term Insurance Policy
The “Click2Protect Super” flexibility options include modifying the life insurance coverage, extending the policy term, obtaining coverage for accidental death and terminal illness, and so on.
- Customers can select one of three plan options that best suit their needs. They are: Life, Life Plus, and Life Goal.
i.Life option: This offers customers with life insurance for the coverage term chosen and allows the customer to enhance the cover amount.
ii.Life Plus option: In addition to life insurance, this option provides protection against accidental death and terminal illness.
iii.Life Goal option: This option provides optimal coverage by allowing the customer to modify life cover for the desired term.
About HDFC Life Insurance Company Limited (HDFC Life):
HDFC Life is a joint venture between HDFC Ltd., India’s leading housing finance institution and abrdn (Mauritius Holdings) 2006 Limited, a global investment company.
MD & CEO – Vibha Padalkar
Establishment – 2000
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
HDFC ERGO Partners with Google Cloud to Digitize Insurance Purchasing in India
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company Limited (HDFC ERGO), one of India’s leading insurance companies, has announced a partnership with Google Cloud to develop a technology platform that will aid in the digitization of insurance purchasing and servicing in India.
- By 2024, HDFC ERGO intends to be completely migrated to the cloud.
i.With this new technology platform, HDFC ERGO will be able to create innovative product offers, provide digitally connected customer experiences, build more agile systems, harness data to identify insurance risk, provide customized insurance products, and adapt to regulatory changes more quickly.
ii.HDFC ERGO will receive support from Google Cloud in the areas of customer experience, Information Technology (IT) system integration, and data (including analytics, Artificial Intelligence (AI), and Machine Learning (ML)).
About HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company Limited (HDFC ERGO):
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company Ltd. is a joint venture between Housing Development Finance Corporation Ltd. (HDFC) and ERGO International AG, the primary insurance entity of Munich Re Group of Germany.
MD & CEO – Ritesh Kumar
Establishment – 2002
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
Karnataka Bank becomes part of Khajane-II
Karnataka Bank Ltd became part of the Khajane-II (K2), Integrated Financial Management System (IFMS) of the Treasury Department, Government of Karnataka for implementing a Single Nodal Agency (SNA) account system for Centrally Sponsored Schemes (CSS).
- Through this interface with K2, The Bank will help in implementing various sponsored schemes for disbursement of cash benefits to the targeted beneficiaries through direct credit to their bank accounts in a safe, secure and speedier manner.
- The bank, through its technology and digital led solutions, will continue to assist the Government of Karnataka for implementing its various initiatives towards welfare of the public.
ECONOMY & BUSINESS
India to become 3rd Largest Economy by 2029: SBI Ecowrap ReportAs per the report by the State Bank of India (SBI) Research Ecowrap, India is set to become the world’s 3rd largest economy by 2029. The report was released by SBI’s Economic Research Department (ERD).
- It is likely to surpass Germany in 2027 and Japan by 2029 at the current growth rate.
- The report is authored by Soumya Kanti Ghosh, Group Chief Economic Adviser, SBI.
i.In Q1 FY23, India registered GDP (Gross Domestic Product) growth at 13.5%. At this rate India is likely to be the fastest growing economy in FY23.In August 2022, SBI Ecowrap projected India’s GDP in Q1FY23 at 15.7%.
ii.India’s current share of nominal GDP (in 2022) is 3.5% with $3894 million, as against 2.6% ($2039 mn) in 2014 and is likely to cross 4% in 2027, the current share of Germany in global GDP.
iii.The report suggested updating the IIP (Index of industrial production) basket of India which is currently composed of 2021 products.
iv.India has already surpassed the size of the United Kingdom (UK) economy in December 2021 to become the 5th largest economy globally.
v.India was at 10th position in 2014, representing a large structural shift since 2014 becoming the 5th largest economy.
Sachin Bansal’s Navi Technologies gets SEBI nod for IPO, To raise up to Rs 3,350 crore
Flipkart co-founder Sachin Bansal’s Navi Technologies, a tech-driven financial products and services start-up received the approval from the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) for its Rs 3,350 crore Initial Public Offer (IPO).
- The company filed its Draft Red Herring Prospectus (DRHP) to raise Rs 3,350 via an IPO in March 2022.
- According to the DRHP, of the total Rs 3,350 crore that it plans to raise from the public issue, Rs 2,370 crore will be invested in Navi Finserv and Rs 150 crore will be infused into the general insurance arm. The rest will be used for overall expansion plans.
Note: Founded by Sachin Bansal and Ankit Agarwal in 2018.
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNATIONS
Sanjay Khanna appointed as CEO & Country Manager of AEBC IndiaOn 12th September 2022, the American Express Banking Corporation (AEBC) appointed Sanjay Khanna as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) & Country Manager of AEBC India.
- The appointment was announced by Rob McClean, Executive Vice President, International Card Services, American Express.
- At present, Sanjay Khanna heads the Country Executive Team (CET) and is responsible for driving growth across the organisation’s consumer and commercial businesses.
About Sanjay Khanna:
i. Sanjay Khanna joined AEBC as manager of Finance in 1996 and spent about 27 years with American Express.
ii. He carried out many leadership positions in the company which includes Head of Global Financial Operations, India centre lead for finance and chairman of the American Express India Pvt Limited (AEIPL) legal Entity Board.
iii. He was the former Chairman of the Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Committee and has been the interim CEO since May 2022. He has exceptional credentials for delivering strong results coupled with a natural knack for leading from the front.
iv. Sanjay Khanna is a proud recipient of 8 Chairman awards, a CFO Premier award, and a President’s award.
Piyush Goyal appoints Abhishek Mishra as a member of FCIs Consultative Committee
Union Minister of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution, Piyush Goyal has appointed Abhishek Mishra, the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Dadasaheb Phalke International Film Festival (DPIFF) as a member of the Consultative Committee, Food Corporation of India (FCI), under the Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution, Government of India.
- Abhishek Mishra, currently serving as the youngest Advisory Panel under the Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC), Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Government of India.
- He is known for being the youngest entrepreneur in India with his varied work endured upon the welfare of society at large.
Note: At the age of 18, Abhishek Mishra became the youngest CEO of the million-dollar organization DPIFF.
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
Qimingxing-50: China’s 1st Solar-Powered Drone cum SatelliteChina has successfully tested its first fully solar-powered Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV)/drone namely ‘Qimingxing-50′ or Morning star-50 which can fly uninterrupted for months and can function even as a satellite if required. It is also referred to as a ‘High Altitude Platform Stations’ or a pseudo satellite.
- It is China’s first large-sized UAV powered only by solar energy.
- It can fly continuously for long periods at an altitude of 20 km above the earth’s surface.
- It took off from an airport in Yulin, northwest China’s Shaanxi province and landed smoothly after 26 minutes airborne with all systems operating normally.
i.With a wingspan of 50 m, it is a High-Altitude Long-Endurance (HALE) UAV drone that is capable of high-altitude aerial reconnaissance, assessing forest fire and can also be used for communications.
ii.It will enhance Chinese defences in space and at sea as it can keep flying even during periods of overnight darkness.
iii.It can be used in the field of renewable energy, new materials and aeronautical engineering.
Point to be noted:
The United States (US) and the United Kingdom (UK) are among the nations that have built solar-powered drones that can fly as high as 20 km up in the sky. In July, 2022, the US army tested a solar-powered, near-space Airbus Zephyr S drone that set a new record by being airborne for 64 days.
Hughes Launches India’s First HTS Broadband Service to Link Remote AreasOn 12th September 2022 Hughes Communications India Private Limited (HCI) launched India’s first High Throughput Satellite (HTS) broadband internet service to provide high-speed satellite internet across India, including in remote areas.
- This service is provided using the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)’s GSAT-11 and GSAT-29 communication satellites.
i.The service combines Ku-band capacity from ISRO’s satellites (GSAT-11 & GSAT-29) and Hughes JUPITER platform ground technology to deliver high-speed broadband.
ii.The service also supports applications such as WiFi hotspots for community internet access, managed SD-WAN solutions, backhaul to extend mobile network reach and satellite internet for small businesses.
iii.The initial HTS broadband service will begin with internet speeds between 2-10 Megabits per second (Mbps).
About Hughes Communications India Private Limited (HCI):
i.HCI is a Joint Venture of Hughes Network Systems, LLC (HUGHES) and Bharti Airtel Limited.
ii.They provide different kinds of satellite-based broadband connectivity to the Indian Army and Paramilitary forces like the Border Security Force (BSF), (SSB), (ITBP) and others.
President and Managing Director (MD) – Partho Banerjee
Headquarters – Gurgaon, Haryana
Carlos Alcaraz Wins His First US Open-2022 Title and Secures ATP World No.1 RankingThe Spanish teen Carlos Alcaraz Garcia defeated Norway’s Casper Ruud 6-4 2-6 7-6(1) 6-3 in the 142nd edition of US Open-2022 Men’s singles final to claim his maiden Grand Slam (GS) title. Alcaraz also became World number 1 in The Pepperstone Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) world rankings.
- The finals took place in the Arthur Ashe Stadium (Hard Court), New York City, New York, United States, from 29th August 2022 to 11th September 2022.
- Iga Świątek of Poland has defeated Tunisia’s Ons Jabeur to win the women’s singles category.
About The Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP):
Chairman – Andrea Gaudenzi
Headquarters – London, United Kingdom
>> Read Full News
BOOKS & AUTHORS
Piyush Goyal released handbook on ‘Safety in Electrical Installations’ and ‘Guide for Using National Building Code of India 2016’Union Minister for Commerce & Industry, Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution and Textiles, Piyush Goyal released a handbook on the subject “Safety in Electrical Installations – A way forward to Safety by National Electrical Code of India” and “Guide for Using National Building Code of India 2016” during the 4th Governing Council Meeting of Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS), New Delhi, Delhi.
- Three pamphlets for awareness of the general public about their rights and duties while constructing their own home or buying one from a builder are also developed.
About handbook- ‘Safety in Electrical Installations’:
i.It is jointly developed by BIS and International Cooper Association (ICA) India.
ii.It highlights the importance and spread awareness about Electrical Safety and provides technical guidance for wiring installations in buildings.
- The design, installation and other features provided in the handbook will help in understanding the purpose and application in a simplistic waway.
iii.It will provide support to electrical engineers and technicians to understand the basic need and procedure for safe and reliable electrical Low Voltage installations.
About ‘Guide for Using National Building Code of India 2016’:
i.It is a simplified version of National Building Code of India 2016 (NBC 2016).
ii.NBC 2016 is a technical document in which all provisions relating to planning, design, construction and operation and maintenance of buildings are covered.
iii.The key contents and concept of each of the thirteen parts of NBC 2016 was laid down in the booklet using infographics and simplified language.
- It also provides easy understanding of the technical contents of various Parts/Sections of the voluminous NBC 2016.
About the pamphlets:
i.The three pamphlets will also guide on the ways to take better services from municipal bodies, statutory authorities and building professionals (engineer, architect, etc.).These pamphlets were published in both Hindi and English.
ii.The pamphlets helped in explaining the process of obtaining the permits from the Authority for development or building construction, and also guides homeowners and homebuyers about the various aspects they must ensure while buying or building a home.
iii.Title of the pamphlets:
- Guide for Homeowners – Series 1 Building Permit Process,
- Guide for Homeowners – Series 2 Constructing your Independent House,
- Guide for Homeowners – Series 3 Buying an Apartment from a Developer/Builder.
Former Indian Women’s Hockey Coach Sjoerd Marijne Authored a new book “Will Power”Sjoerd Marijne, former Dutch field hockey player and former Indian Women’s Hockey Coach authored a new book titled “Will Power: The Inside Story of the Incredible Turnaround in Indian Women’s Hockey”. The book published by HarperCollins Publishers India will be launched in September 2022.
About the book:
i.The book highlights the experiences of Sjoerd Marijne, when he was appointed the Chief Coach of the Indian Women’s Hockey Team in 2017.
ii.It also talked about how the Indian Women’s Hockey team dealt with setbacks, mental health issues, internal politics and maintained team chemistry along with high-performance culture.
iii.The book is a memorable account of Sjoerd Marijne’s innings and will inspire readers to perform for the best, be it in life, their careers or as part of teams.
About Sjoerd Marijne:
i.He was appointed the chief coach of the Indian Women’s Hockey Team in 2017 and later, he was given charge of the Men’s Hockey Team in September 2017.
ii.In May 2018, he was again appointed as the Coach of Women’s Hockey and he guided the team to a fourth-place finish at the Tokyo Olympics 2020.
A book titled ‘’20th Century Indian Art: Modern, Post-Independence, Contemporary’’ launched
A new book titled “20th Century Indian Art: Modern, Post-Independence, Contemporary” edited by Prof. Partha Mitter, Parul Dave Mukherji, and Rakhee Balaram was launched. The book was published by Thames & Hudson in association with Art Alive Gallery.
The book showcases the history of Indian art across India and South Asia from the late 19th century to the present day.
Karnataka Signs MoU with Dell to Impart Cyber Safety PracticesOn 12th September 2022 Karnataka government’s cyber centre of excellence in cyber security CySecK and Dell Technologies signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to create enhanced cybersecurity practices across KN, especially for students.
- The MoU was signed in the presence of the Minister for Higher Education and Information Technology (IT), Biotechnology (BT) C N Ashwath Narayan at Vikasa Soudha, Bengaluru, Karnataka.
i.This MoU will help in imparting cyber security awareness and also practices to students, startups and public offices. This will also benefit small and medium-scale enterprises (SMEs).
ii.Dell provides learning of cyber safety practices through its interactive courses that would be available both in Kannada and English.
- Dell also has the objective of contributing to the startup ecosystem through its ‘Ascend’ initiative.
- The Ascend initiative aims to provide a variety of resources and opportunities to contribute, learn, and discover about the interconnected systems of biodiversity, climate change, chemical pollution, soil and human health.
iii.This cyber security system is an important part in making Karnataka a USD 300 billion digital economy by 2025.
Delhi CM unveiled SoE and Model Schools in TN, Pudhumai Penn scheme also Launchedi.On September 5, 2022, the Chief Minister (CM) of Delhi, Arvind Kejriwal unveiled 26 Schools of Excellence (SoE) and 15 model schools in Tamil Nadu (TN) during a function held at Bharathi Women’s College in Chennai, TN. These schools are set up by the TN government on the lines of Delhi’s model school.
ii.During the function, the Moovalur Ramamirtham Ammaiyar Higher Education Assurance scheme titled ‘Pudhumai Penn Thittam (modern women scheme)’ was also launched by the TN CM.
iii.The CM’s Breakfast Scheme is proposed to be introduced in 112 government- and government-aided elementary schools (1 to 5 ) in government schools in Palacode block, TN. It aims to cater to the nutritional deficit, physical growth deficit among students in government schools.
About Tamil Nadu (TN):
Governor– Ravindra Narayana Ravi
Tiger Reserves– Kalakad Mundanthurai Tiger Reserve, Anamalai Tiger Reserve, Mudumalai Tiger Reserve
Wetlands– Point Calimere, Kazhuveli, Pallikkaranai
>> Read Full News
Vedanta & Foxconn sign MoU with Gujarat government for Rs 1.54 Lakh Crore Semiconductor UnitOn 13th September 2022, Vedanta, an Indian multinational mining company and Taiwanese multinational electronics contract manufacturer Foxconn signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Government of Gujarat to set up a semiconductor and display FAB (a semiconductor fabrication plant ) manufacturing unit in the state.
- The MoU has been signed to set up a Rs 1.54 lakh crore (USD 19.5 billion) manufacturing unit in the Coastal State (near the city of Ahmedabad. Gujarat).
- The agreement was signed in the presence of the Union Minister for Railways, Communications, Electronics & Information Technology, Ashwini Vaishnaw, in Gandhinagar.
- The Gujarat government will also extend fiscal and non-fiscal incentives and benefits as outlined under the Gujarat Semiconductor Policy-2022. Gujarat is the only state to have such a policy exclusively for the semiconductor industry
i. As per the MoU, Vedanta will hold a majority equity stake in the Joint Venture (JV) and Foxconn will be the minority shareholder.
ii. According to Gujarat Chief Minister Bhupendra Patel, the venture would create more than 1 lakh job opportunities.
iii. The Indian government will expand an initial USD 10 billion incentive plan for those investing in semiconductor manufacturing.
iv. After the International consortium ISMC (Indian Standard Medium Channel) and Singapore-based IGSS (Interactive Graphical SCADA System) Ventures, Vedanta is the 3rd company to announce a chip plant location in India.
- List of Current Governors in India – AUGUST 2022
- List of Current Chief Ministers in India – AUGUST 2022
*****Click Here View – AC Excluded News*****
Current Affairs Today (AffairsCloud Today)
|S.no||Current Affairs 14 September 2022|
|1||GoI’s Health Expenditure Fell from 1.35% of GDP in 2017-18 to 1.28% in 2018-19|
|2||IIT-Madras becomes 1st Indian institution to join NY-Based IBM Quantum Network|
|3||JIMEX 2022: India and Japan Begins Joint Naval exercise at Bay of Bengal|
|4||India to hold G20 Presidency for 1 year Starting from December 2022|
|5||CJI U U Lalit inaugurates NALSA’s Centre for Citizen Services in New Delhi|
|6||ILO Report: Modern Slavery On the Rise; Witnesses 25 % Increase in 5 Years|
|7||India & Madagascar signed MoU on Training of Diplomats|
|8||Open Door: Axis Bank and Square Yards launched a Platform for Hassle-Free Home Buying|
|9||Canara HSBC Life Insurance Launches iSelect guaranteed future plan|
|10||Nippon Life India Asset Management & DWS Group to launch a European-listed Indian Government Bond ETF|
|11||HDFC Life Introduces ‘Click2Protect Super’ Term Insurance Policy|
|12||HDFC ERGO Partners with Google Cloud to Digitize Insurance Purchasing in India|
|13||Karnataka Bank becomes part of Khajane-II|
|14||India to become 3rd Largest Economy by 2029: SBI Ecowrap Report|
|15||Sachin Bansal’s Navi Technologies gets SEBI nod for IPO, To raise up to Rs 3,350 crore|
|16||Sanjay Khanna appointed as CEO & Country Manager of AEBC India|
|17||Piyush Goyal appoints Abhishek Mishra as a member of FCIs Consultative Committee|
|18||Qimingxing-50: China’s 1st Solar-Powered Drone cum Satellite|
|19||Hughes Launches India’s First HTS Broadband Service to Link Remote Areas|
|20||Carlos Alcaraz Wins His First US Open-2022 Title and Secures ATP World No.1 Ranking|
|21||Piyush Goyal released handbook on ‘Safety in Electrical Installations’ and ‘Guide for Using National Building Code of India 2016’|
|22||Former Indian Women’s Hockey Coach Sjoerd Marijne Authored a new book “Will Power”|
|23||Karnataka Signs MoU with Dell to Impart Cyber Safety Practices|
|24||Delhi CM unveiled SoE and Model Schools in TN, Pudhumai Penn scheme also Launched|
|25||Vedanta & Foxconn sign MoU with Gujarat government for Rs 1.54 Lakh Crore Semiconductor Unit|