We are here for you to provide the important Recent and Latest Current Affairs 10 November 2022, which have unique updates of Latest Current Affairs 2022 events from all newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economic Times, PIB, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express, Business Standard and all Government official websites.
Our Current Affairs November 2022 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2022 PDF which will be a pedestrian to crack your exams.
Read Current Affairs in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Learn Current Affairs – Free Course – Click Here to Download the APP
We are Hiring – Subject Matter Expert | CA Video Creator | Content Developers(Pondicherry)
PM Narendra Modi Unveils Logo, Theme & Website of India’s G20 PresidencyAs a landmark move, India will assume the G20 (Group of Twenty) Presidency for a span of 1 year with effect from December 1, 2022, to November 30, 2023, and Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi revealed the logo, theme, and website for India’s G20 presidency.
- India’s message to the world and overall priorities are reflected in the logo, theme, and website of its G20 Presidency.
The G20 summit 2022 will be held on November 15-16, 2022, in Bali, Indonesia.
- Indonesia holds the G20 Presidency in 2022, which is chaired by Indonesian President Joko Widodo.
The G20 Logo
i.The G20 logo features a lotus, the national flower of India, painted in the tricolour (saffron, white, & green) and blue, together with an image of the Earth.
The G20 Theme
i.The theme for India’s G20 Presidency is “Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam,” which refers to “One Earth, One Family, One Future.”
About Republic of Indonesia:
President – Joko Widodo
Currency – Indonesian Rupiah (IDR)
>> Read Full News
15th Urban Mobility India (UMI) Conference & Expo 2022 held at Kochi, Keralai.From November 4-6, 2022, the 15th edition of Urban Mobility India (UMI) Conference & Expo 2022 held at Hotel Grand Hyatt , Kochi, Kerala which was jointly inaugurated by the Union Minister Hardeep Singh Puri, Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA); and Chief Minister (CM) of Kerala, Pinarayi Vijayan.
ii.It was held on the theme ‘[email protected]: Sustainable AtmaNirbhar Urban Mobility’ which emphasizes on designing and implementing efficient, high quality and sustainable transport system in the cities.
iii.It was organized by the MoHUA in collaboration with the Government of Kerala.
iv.The 16th UMI Conference and Expo 2023 will be held at Delhi from October 27 – 29, 2023 on the theme ‘Integrated and Resilient Urban Transport’.
v.The Governor of Kerala, Arif Mohammed Khan and Minister of State (MoS) Kaushal Kishore, MoHUA presented the Awards for Excellence in Urban Transport 2022.
About Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA):
Union Minister – Hardeep Singh Puri (Constituency – Uttar Pradesh)
Minister of State – Kaushal Kishore (Constituency – Uttar Pradesh)
>> Read Full News
MHA Declares Census, NPR Database as Critical Information Infrastructure
The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) has designated certain databases related to the Census and the National Population Register (NPR) as critical information infrastructure (CII).
- The decision was made exercising the powers granted to it under the Information Technology Act, 2000 (Amended 2008), and the notification took effect immediately.
Sources designated by the MHA as CII for the office of the Registrar General and Census Commissioner:
i.The computer resources relating to Census Monitoring and Management System, Self-Enumeration and Civil Registration System (CRS) web portals, mobile applications for House Listing, Population Enumeration and NPR update.
ii.The linked databases, which included the NPR database, the Census database, and the CRS database, the computer resources set up and installed at the National Data Centre.
iii.Also, the data centres in Bengaluru (Karnataka), Lucknow (Uttar Pradesh), and the offices of the registrar general and census commissioner in Delhi have been designated as CII.
iv.Under the legislation, all associated dependencies of the above- mentioned entities’ computer resources have thus been deemed “protected systems.”
- The Census 2021 has been halted due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and is expected to resume soon.
- The upcoming decennial census will be the 16th to be conducted since the first exercise in 1872. It will be the eighth census since the country’s independence.
SC upholds the 103rd Constitutional Validity of EWS quota in 3:2 verdict
The Supreme Court (SC) of India, in a 3:2 majority decision, upheld the validity of the 103rd Constitution Amendment providing 10% reservation for the economically weaker sections(EWS) from unreserved categories for admission in educational institutions and government jobs. The supreme court stated that the amendment does not violate equality and the basic structure of the constitution.
- This amendment provides 10% reservation for the economically weaker section (EWS) among forward castes in government as well as private, unaided institutions and government jobs across India from unreserved categories.
- A Bench comprising Chief Justice of India (CJI) U U Lalit and Justices Dinesh Maheshwari, S Ravindra Bhat, Bela M Trivedi, and J B Pardiwala delivered the judgment.
While Justices Dinesh Maheshwari, Bela M Trivedi and J B Pardiwala agreed that the amendment does not violate the basic structure of the Constitution, Chief Justice of India U U Lalit, and Justice S Ravindra Bhat dissented, saying the EWS quota is contradictory to the essence of equal opportunity.
i.As a majority view, the panel described the reservation as an instrument not only for inclusion of socially and educationally backward classes to the mainstream of society, but also for the inclusion of any class or section so disadvantaged.
ii.The session saw the pronouncement of a Constitution Bench judgment live-streamed for the first time.
iii.The 103rd Constitution Amendment Bill was passed by Parliament in January 2019. Persons with an annual gross household income of up to Rs 8 lakh can avail EWS quota benefits
- It exclude Families owning over 5 acres of agricultural land, a house over 1,000 square feet, a plot of over 100-yards in a notified municipal area or over a 200-yards plot in a non-notified municipal area, and Communities that already have reservations such as SCs, (Scheduled Castes) STs (Scheduled Tribes).
NHAI Starts Accepting Electronic Bank Guarantees Issued by NeSL
The National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) has started accepting electronic bank guarantee (E-GB) issued by the National e-Governance Services Limited (NeSL) and also digitised all its existing E-GBs with an aim to improve the efficiency and transparency of internal processes and to adopt digital technology. This reduces paper movement, eliminates physical storage needs and is easily accessible for Bank Guarantee life cycle events like invocation, renewal and closure.
Krishify integrates with e-NAM’s Platform of Platforms
Krishify, a Gurugram(Haryana)-based agri-tech start-up platform, has integrated with the Platform of Platforms (PoPs) portal by the electronic National Agricultural Market (eNAM).
- e-NAM is a pan-India electronic trading system that aims to connect current Agricultural Produce Market Committees (APMC) to create a unified national market for agricultural commodities for farmers, dealers, and other intermediaries.
- Krishify will cater to the needs of 14 crore farmers in India. It is made up of agri specialists such as agronomists and agri-scientists who respond to farmers’ posts on the platform concerning farming and crop protection issues in order to fix them.
QS Asia University Rankings 2023: 19 Indian universities among top 200 19 Indian Universities are featured among the top 200 on the QS Asia University Rankings 2023 released by Quacquarelli Symonds(QS), the International ranking Agency, on 8th November 2022.
QS Asia University Rankings 2023 is the 15th edition of QS World University Rankings: Asia.
- Indian Institute of Technology – Bombay (IITB)(Mumbai, Maharashtra), IIT Delhi (IITD), and Indian Institute of Science(IISc) Bangalore(Bengaluru, Karnataka) have topped among the Indian universities.
- This is the highest number of Indian universities to ever make it to the top 200 on the list. Among 19, 11 Indian Universities have made it to the top 100 on the list.
About QS Asia University Rankings 2023:
i.Peking University, Beijing, China, which was ranked 2nd in the 2022 ranking, has topped the QS Asia University Rankings 2023, featuring 760 Asian Universities.
ii.The National University of Singapore (NUS) which has ranked first for 4 consecutive years is now ranked 2nd.
>> Read Full News
Indian Navy participates in 26th Malabar Naval Exercise in JapanThe 4-nation or quadrilateral Maritime Exercise i.e. 26th Malabar Naval Exercise started on November 8, 2022 in Yokosuka of Japan which will culminate on November 18, 2022.
- The naval forces of India, Australia, Japan and the United States of America (USA) viz. Indian Navy (IN), Royal Australian Navy (RAN), Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force (JMSDF), and US Navy respectively are participating in this exercise.
- The year 2022 marks the 30 years of the Malabar exercise.
i.From India, two warships- Indian Naval Ship (INS) Shivalik a multi-role guided missile stealth frigate; and INS Kamorta an anti–submarine corvette, P-8I long-range maritime reconnaissance and anti-submarine warfare aircraft; and MARCOS (Marine Commandos) are participating.
- INS Shivalik, and INS Kamorta are part of the Indian Navy’s Eastern Fleet based at Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh (AP).
ii.Japan has deployed five warships and a surveillance aircraft; US fielded its Ronald Reagan aircraft carrier, two other ships, a P-8A long range surveillance aircraft and special operation force personnel while Australia participated with two warships and a P-8A aircraft along with special forces.
i.This exercise is taking place amid rising global concerns over China’s increasing military muscle-flexing in the South China Sea and East China Sea regions.
ii.There will be high-tempo drills as well as complex surface, sub-surface and air operations, including live firing drills.
iii.It should be noted that on November 6, 2022, an International Fleet Review (IFR) was held at Sagami Bay in Japan to mark the 70th anniversary of the JMSDF. It was attended by India’s Chief of Naval Staff (CNS) Admiral R. Hari Kumar, INS Shivalik and INS Kamorta.
iv.CNS also attended the 18th Western Pacific Naval Symposium (WPNS) as Observer Navy at Yokohama, being hosted by Japan, as the current Chair of WPNS.
v.The Eastern Fleet Commander, Rear Admiral Sanjay Bhalla will have operational discussions with Commander of the US Seventh Fleet and Commander Escort Force 3 (JMSDF) during the Malabar exercise.
About MALABAR exercise:
It was initiated in 1992 between the navies of India and the United States. In 2015, it became a trilateral exercise, After Japan joined as the permanent member of the exercise.
In the 2020 edition, it became the first quadrilateral exercise when Australia marked its first appearance.
India Participates in World Travel Market 2022 at London; Kerala’s STREET Tourism Project Wins Global AwardMinistry of Tourism, Government of India participated in the World Travel Market (WTM) 2022, one of the largest International travel exhibitions, held in London, The United Kingdom(UK) from 7th to 9th November 2022.
- Participation of India in WTM 2022 is significant to step up the recovery of Inbound tourism to the pre-pandemic level.
- The theme of WTM 2022 – London is “The Future of Travel Starts Now”.
- Kerala Tourism’s STREET Tourism Project has won the prestigious Responsible Tourism Global Award at the WTM 2022.
i.The Ministry of Tourism took up a space of 650 sq meters and around 20 participants around the Indian pavilion participated in the exhibition.
ii.The Indian pavilion was formally inaugurated by Arvind Singh, Secretary, Ministry of Tourism, and Vikram Doraiswami, High Commissioner of India to the UK in presence of Tourism Ministers of Kerala, Odisha, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Puducherry and Tamil Nadu.
i.India’s participation in WTM’s 1st day was India Evening at Copper Chimney, West Field Mall.
ii.Members of Travel Trade from India and the UK and the India Diaspora were invited to the India Evening.
iii.On 7th November 2022, India Evening witnessed the participation of several Tourism Ministers and Secretaries of various State Governments participating in WTM 2022.
India Evening provided a platform for interaction and discussion to promote India as a multi-product and around-the-year destination with sustainability.
Arvind Singh, Secretary, Ministry of Tourism attended the session on “Growing Consumer Demand for Responsible Tourism” held at Future Stage and “Preparing for the next crisis: Reaching for long term sustainability” held at Sustainability Stage, WTM venue.
Kerala’s STREET Tourism Project won a global award at WTM 2022:
The STREET Tourism Project of Kerala Tourism has been honoured with the Responsible Tourism Global Award for the water conservation scheme taken up under the STREET project, which is a first-of-its-kind initiative in the world.
- The award recognises the efforts of Kerala Tourism in promoting Responsible Tourism during the times of COVID–19 pandemic.
- STREET is an acronym for Sustainable, Tangible, Responsible, Experiential, Ethnic, and Tourism hubs.
The project is being implemented as part of the globally-acclaimed Responsible Tourism (RT) initiative of the Kerala tourism department.
About STREET Project:
i.In 2021, Kerala Tourism, the government of Kerala, launched the STREET Project in selected districts across Kerala.
ii.Green Street, cultural street, village life experience street, experiential tourism street, agri-tourism street, water street and art street are the themes planned under this project.
iii.The STREET project was implemented in the public-private partnership (PPP) mode, and has local bodies and residents as stakeholders.
iv.The project is initiated by the State Responsible Tourism (RT) Mission, inspired by the ‘Tourism for Inclusive Growth’ slogan of the United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO).
AIIB & GEAPP Partners to Accelerate Green Energy Transition at USD 1 billionOn 8th November 2022, Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) and the Global Energy Alliance for People and Planet (GEAPP) collaborated on a strategic investment partnership for mobilising up to USD 1 billion for the financing of green energy transition and renewable energy projects, in both the public and private sectors.
- A Letters of Intent (LoI) was signed by AIIB’s Vice-President of Policy and Strategy, Sir Danny Alexander, and GEAPP’s CEO, Simon Harford at a signing ceremony at the 27th Conference of the Parties of the UNFCCC(United Nations Climate Change) (COP 27) in Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt.
Attendees – Jin Liqun, President of AIIB, Dr. Rajiv Shah, President of The Rockefeller Foundation, Per Heggenes, CEO of IKEA Foundation and Dr. Andrew Steer, President and CEO of Bezos Earth Fund were present in the ceremony.
i.Through the partnership, both AIIB and GEAPP would address the energy transition challenges in Asia and across the world.
- This could be enhanced through the identification of co-financing opportunities for projects and programs of common interest in grid-based renewables, distributed renewables and fossil fuel transitioning areas.
ii.Capital will be directed to those countries that are both eligible for AIIB’s financing activities and meet its strategies and policies, with areas of GEAPP activity which are aligned with the GEAPP’s charitable objectives.
Note – In 2021, AIIB has achieved a 48% climate finance share of total approvals in 2021.
About Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB):
President – Jin Liqun
Headquarters – Beijing, China
Establishment – 2016
BANKING & FINANCE
Max Life Partners with Ditto for Online Life Insurance DistributionMax Life Insurance Company Limited (Max Life) has partnered with Tacterial Consulting Private Limited (Ditto) for a life insurance product distribution.
i.This partnership aims to leverage Ditto’s insurance advisory platform to offer Max Life’s plans to customers through online.
ii.In the initial phase, Ditto will sell multiple variants of Max Life’s protection plan with comprehensive insurance coverage against death, disease and disability which will be facilitated through a seamless digital distribution model with applicable riders.
iii.This will also improve Max Life’s customer experience by leveraging Ditto’s insurance advisory capabilities and technological prowess to enhance life insurance penetration in India.
About Max Life Insurance Company Limited:
Max Life Insurance Company Limited is a Joint Venture between Max Financial Services Limited and Axis Bank Limited.
Managing Director (MD) & Chief Executive Officer (CEO) – Prashant Tripathy
Establishment – 2000
Headquarters – New Delhi, Delhi
RBI Provides Licence for Ftcash to Set up NBFC; Aims to Disburse Rs. 100 cr in FY23Reserve Bank of India (RBI) issued a licence for Ftcash, a Small and Medium Enterprises (SME) lending startup to set up a non-banking financial company (NBFC) and it aims to disburse loans worth Rs. 100 crore in FY23.
- The NBFC licence to Ftcash will ensure in bridging the credit gap where about 80 % of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) lack access to lending.
- The company aims to offer loans with minimal documentation along with daily repayment options via Point on Sale (PoS) with equated daily instalments.
- It also has partnerships with Northern Arc, Ugro and Ambit to offer credit to its customers.
i.The Ftcash creates an open architecture-based platform for merchants to initiate digital payments easily and quickly by aggregating all payment methods including credit and debit cards, net banking, mobile wallets, Unified Payments Interface (UPI) and PayPal.
- The company uses algorithms for analyzing the creditworthiness of MSMEs and supports them financially.
ii.Till now, the company said it has raised USD 10.2 million (about Rs 83 crore) and is backed by several investors including Accion, FMO and IvyCap Ventures.
iii.Awards & Recognition – Ftcash has won various awards since its inception including a prestigious award by HRH the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Prince William and Kate Middleton, at the UK Trade and Investment for Great Tech Initiative.
- In 2017, the company was recognised for its work in financial inclusion by the former President of India Pranab Mukherjee.
Founder & Chief Executive Officer (CEO) – Sanjeev Chandak
Co-Founders – Deepak Kothari and Vaibhav Lodha.
Headquarters – Mumbai
Establishment – 2015
ECONOMY & BUSINESS
Amazon India & TVS Motor Signs MoU to Scale EV Deployment
On 9th November 2022 Amazon India and TVS Motor Company signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on a strategic partnership to strengthen electric mobility, electric infrastructure and other connected services. As part of this collaboration, a fleet of electric two-wheelers and three-wheelers from TVS Motor will be deployed for Amazon’s last-mile deliveries.
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
Legendary Cricketers Chanderpaul, Edwards & Qadir were Inducted in the ICC Hall of Fame
West Indies batting legend Shivnarine Chanderpaul, England’s multiple-time Women’s World Cup-winning captain Charlotte Edwards and Pakistan iconic spinner Abdul Qadir, were inducted into the International Cricket Council (ICC) Hall of Fame on 8th November 2022.
- Shivnarine Chanderpaul, Charlotte Edwards and Abdul Qadir have become inductees number 107, 108 and 109 respectively after the voting process which includes existing Hall of Famers, media representatives plus senior executives from the Federation of International Cricketers’ Associations (FICA) and the ICC.
Usman Qadir, son of Abdul received the trophy on behalf of the late Abdul Qadir.
About Shivnarine Chanderpaul:
i.Shivnarine Chanderpaul represented West Indies for around 21 years.
ii.He made his international debut for West Indies in 1994. He captained West Indies in 14 Tests and 16 One Day Internationals between 2004 and 2006.
iii.When he announced retirement in 2016, he had finished 20988 international runs, 41 centuries, 135 half-centuries across all formats.
iv.He holds the record of 7 half-centuries in consecutive Test innings. He is ranked 8th on the list of all-time test runs.
About Charlotte Edwards:
i.English cricketer Charlotte Edwards made her international debut at the age of 16-year, the youngest player to do so at the time.
ii.In 2009 Edwards won both the Women’s Cricket World Cup and the Women’s T20 World Cup as captain.
iii.She is ranked 2nd on both the Women’s One Day International (ODI) and Test run lists. iv.She has the 2nd highest number of half-centuries in ODIs
v.She was the first woman to pass 2000 Twenty20 International (T20I) runs, also collecting 75 international wickets with her part-time leg-spin.
About Abdul Qadir:
i.Abdul Qadir, a pioneer in wrist-spin techniques, has played 67 Tests and 104 ODIs and took 236 and 132 wickets respectively in his 13-year career span.
ii.Following his retirement, he mentored Pakistan’s Mushtaq Ahmed, Danish Kaneria and Shahid Afridi, as well as Australia’s Shane Warne and South Africa’s Imran Tahir.
iii.He is ranked 3rd on list of Pakistan’s all-time prolific spinners with 236 wickets.
iv.He passed away in 2019 at the age of 63.
ICC Cricket Hall of Fame:
i.The ICC Cricket Hall of Fame was launched on 2nd January 2009, in association with the Federation of International Cricketers Associations (FICA).
ii.It recognises the achievements of the legends of the game from cricket’s long and illustrious history.
iii.During the induction ceremony, the inductees or their relatives (in case the inductees have passed away) are presented with a commemorative ICC Hall of Fame Cap.
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNATIONS
All India Rubber Industries Association elects Ramesh Kejriwal as its New PresidentThe All India Rubber Industries Association (AIRIA) has elected Ramesh Kejriwal of India Oil Seals and Synthetic Products, Kolkata (West Bengal), as its new President for the Fiscal Year (FY) 2022-2023. Ramesh Kejriwal succeeds Sawar Dhanania.
- Shashi Kumar Singh, Director of Osaka Rubber Private (P) Limited (Ltd.), was elected as the Senior Vice President of AIRIA for the 2nd term.
Note: AIRIA has elected the office bearers for the year 2022-2023 in Annual General Meeting (AGM) held on 27th September 2022 in Kolkata, West Bengal.
About Ramesh Kejriwal:
i. Since 2003, Ramesh Kejriwal has been associated with AIRIA.
ii. Prior to being elected as the President of AIRIA, he was a member of AIRIA’s Managing Committee and had served as the Eastern Region Chairman.
iii. He is a Partner of India Oil Seals & Synthetic Products and the President of the Polymer Division at Hobb International Private Limited, Kolkata (West Bengal).
iv. Under his guidance, India Oil Seals and Synthetic Products has evolved as one of the major manufacturers of rubber-lined pipe fittings, tanks, and hoses.
v. He has extensive experience in the rubber industry and is well-versed in modernisation, equipment selection, and project implementation.
About Shashi Kumar Singh:
i. Shashi Kumar Singh is the Director at various Industries of Cement & Construction based, such as Chunar Churk Cement Ltd., Hi-Span Developers (P) Ltd, and Shree Salasar Developers (P) Ltd.
ii. He is a member of Governing Council of the Indian Rubber Manufacturers Research Association (IRMRA) & Governing Council of the Rubber Chemical & Petrochemical Skill Development Council (RCPSDC) under Skill India.
About the All India Rubber Industries Association:
President- Ramesh Kejriwal
Headquarters- Mumbai, Maharashtra
Justice D Y Chandrachud takes oath as 50th Chief Justice of India On 9th November 2022, Justice Dhananjaya Yashwant Chandrachud (D Y Chandrachud) was sworn in as the 50th Chief Justice of India (CJI). President of India Droupadi Murmu administered the oath at a brief ceremony held at the Rashtrapati Bhavan.
- On 17th October 2022, Justice D.Y. Chandrachud was appointed as CJI, succeeding CJI Justice Uday Umesh Lalit (the 49th CJI), who retired on 8th November 2022.
- He will serve as CJI for 2 years before retiring on November 10, 2024.
Article 124(1) of the Constitution of India states that there shall be a Supreme Court of India consisting of a Chief Justice of India.
Article 126 of the constitution deals with the appointment of an acting CJI.
The CJI is appointed by the President of India under clause (2) of Article 124 of the Constitution of India.
Eligibility Criteria for Supreme Court Judge:
A person seeking appointment as a Supreme Court judge should possess Indian Citizenship and must have served as,
- a judge of a High Court (or High Courts in succession) for at least 5 years, or
- an advocate of a High Court (or High Courts in succession) for at least 10 years, or
- a distinguished Jurist in the opinion of the President.
The Constitution Supreme Court does not specify a minimum age for nomination as a Supreme Court judge.
- The CJI can hold office until the age of 65.
About the Supreme Court of India:
Chief Justice of India- D Y Chandrachud
Establishment- 26th January 1950
Adidas appoints Puma chief Bjorn Gulden as new CEO from January 2023
Adidas Group has appointed Bjorn Gulden, the CEO of Puma Societas Europaea (SE), as its new member of the Executive Board and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) with effect from 1st January 2023.
Bjørn Gulden ,57, has been CEO of Puma SE since 2013. His term as a member of PUMA SE’s Management Board expires at the end of 2022.
- Kasper Rorsted, CEO of Adidas, and the Supervisory Board mutually agreed that he will resign his position and leave the firm on November 11, 2022.
- Harm Ohlmeyer, Adidas’ Chief Financial Officer, will serve as temporary CEO until December 31, 2022.
Puma, a German multinational corporation, hired Arne Freundt after its CEO Bjorn Gulden resigned from the post to head Adidas. He receives the contract for 4 years, effective from January 1 of 2023.
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
ISRO Tests Rocket Engine Developed by Startup Agnikul Cosmos
The India Space Research Organization (ISRO) has conducted a hot test of the “Agnilet,” a single-piece 3D-printed rocket engine developed by Agnikul Cosmos Pvt. Ltd., an aerospace startup based in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
- The hot test was carried out at the Vertical Test Facility, Thumba Equatorial Rocket Launching Station (TERLS), at the Vikram Sarabhai Space Center (VSSC) in Thiruvananthapuram (Kerala), ISRO’s lead facility for launch vehicle development.
In December 2020, Agnikul Cosmos Pvt. Ltd. (Agnikul Cosmos) became the first Indian startup to sign an agreement with ISRO, and the test was conducted as part of that agreement.
- It aims to offer Indian space start-ups access to ISRO facilities through the Indian National Space Promotion and Authorization Center (IN–SPACe).
- The purpose of this test was to demonstrate the technological feasibility of making rocket engines as a single piece of hardware.
Agnilet is the first single-piece 3D-printed rocket engine in the world, completely designed and manufactured in India.
- In 2021, it was tested successfully at the Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IIT-M).
- The engine is a 1.4 Kilonewton (kN), semi-cryogenic, regeneratively cooled engine that runs on aviation turbine fuel (ATF) and liquid oxygen at a chamber pressure of 10.8 bar.
- Agnikul Cosmos has recently received a patent from the Indian government for the design and manufacture of their single-piece rocket engines.
- Agnikul recently announced the opening of Rocket Factory 1, India’s first-ever rocket factory dedicated to 3D-print rocket engines at scale, which is located at the IIT Madras Research Park.
About Agnikul Cosmos Pvt. Ltd. (Agnikul Cosmos):
Co – Founders – Srinath Ravichandran & Moin SPM
Established – 2017
Headquarters – Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Researchers Discover New Species of Estuarine Crab near Vellar River EstuaryResearchers have discovered a new species of estuarine crab named ‘Pseudohelice annamalai’ at the mangroves of Parangipettai near the Vellar River estuary in Cuddalore district, Tamil Nadu.
- The species has been named in recognition of Annamalai University for its contribution towards research and education for over 100 years.
i.This is the first ever record of the genus, Pseudohelice, that are collected from high intertidal areas in front of the CAS.
- Until now, only two species namely, Pseudohelice subquadrata and Pseudohelice latreilli have been confirmed within the genus.
ii.This discovery has been published in the latest issue of Zoological Studies by research scholar M. Prema and associate professor S. Ravichandran of the Centre of Advanced Studies (CAS) in Marine Biology, Annamalai University, in collaboration with Professor Hsi-Te-Shih and Jhih-Wei Hsu of National Chung Hsing University, Taiwan.
About the species:
i.Pseudohelice annamalai is small and has a maximum width of up to 20 mm.
- It is distinguished by dark purple to dark grey colouring, with irregular light brown, yellowish brown, or white patches on the posterior carapace with light brown chelipeds.
ii.They inhabit muddy banks of mangroves and hence the artificial mangroves were planted on 5 hectares along the northern bank of river with 2 economic zones including Rhizophora spp. towards the estuary and Avicennia spp. towards the land in the intertidal area.
- They mostly inhabit burrows located near the pneumatophores of Avicennia mangroves, which had a depth of 25-30 cm and are branched, with larger pellets around the entrance.
iii.The species is distributed around the Indian subcontinent and the eastern Indian Ocean.
iv.Significance – These species link the distribution gap between the western Indian Ocean and the western Pacific Ocean and are capable of providing additional evidence of the geographic isolation of the eastern Indian Ocean for some marine organisms.
India to host Women’s World Boxing Championship 2023
India is set to host the 2023 International Boxing Association (IBA) Women’s World Boxing Championship, elite women’s competition, in 2023 in New Delhi, Delhi.
The women’s World Boxing Championship will be hosted by India for the 3rd time. Previously, India hosted the Women’s championship in New Delhi, Delhi, in 2006 (4th edition) and 2018(10th edition).
- Women’s World Boxing Championship 2023 marks the 13th edition of the Championship.
The Host City Agreement was signed between the IBA and the Boxing Federation of India (BFI). It was signed by IBA President Umar Kremlev and Boxing Federation of India (BFI) President Ajay Singh.
- The men’s World Championships have never been hosted in India.
- In 2020, India lost the hosting rights of the 2021 men’s world boxing championship to Serbia after the national federation failed to pay the hosting fee.
Note: The 1st edition of the Women’s World Boxing Championships was held in 2001 and hosted by Scranton in the US state of Pennsylvania.
i. The Boxing Federation of India (BFI) has secured the hosting rights for the women’s world championship, which will take place between the end of March and the 1st week of April 2023.
ii. Umar Kremlev, President of the IBA, is in India for the 1st time, and the dates of the flagship event will be finalised during his tour.
iii. The tournament will most likely take place at Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, Delhi.
iv. The Women’s World Boxing Championship 2023 will be the 1st event to use computerised evaluation and bout review.
Cricket-Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy 2022/23: Mumbai Beats Himachal Pradesh to Win Maiden Title
Mumbai Cricket Team won their maiden Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy defeating the Himachal Pradesh team by 3 wickets in the final of Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy 2022/23 at the Eden Gardens, Kolkata, West Bengal.
- The 15th edition of the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy, a Twenty20(T20) competition that is played in India, was held from 11th October 2022 to 5th November 2022.
- Sarfaraz Khan scored 36 runs and Tanush Kotian claimed three wickets, which paved the way to win the trophy.
About Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy:
i.The Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy is a domestic T-20 cricket championship in India, which is organised by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI), among the teams from the Ranji Trophy.
- The tournament is named after a former Indian test cricketer Syed Mushtaq Ali.
ii.The first match was held in 2006-07 and the trophy was won by Tamil Nadu under the captaincy of Dinesh Karthick and also Rohit Sharma scored the first ever T20 century in the match.
- Until now, Tamil Nadu is the most successful team of the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy, by winning it thrice.
Viacom18 signs 7-year partnership with South African Cricket
Viacom18 Sports has signed a 7-year partnership with Cricket South Africa (CSA) for exclusive digital and TV rights to all international cricket matches played between 2024 and 2031.
- Viacom18 will broadcast all senior men’s and senior women’s international matches held in South Africa.
- Its commitment to bringing world-class cricket action from South Africa following the announcement of a 10-year collaboration with SA20, South Africa’s newly created top cricket league
Note: South Africa’s new Twenty20 competition will be called SA20.
Netherland’s Stephan Myburgh announces retirement from International Cricket
On 7th November 2022, Netherland cricketer Stephan Myburgh (Dutch-South African) announced his retirement from International Cricket.
- Stephan Myburgh made his One Day International (ODI) debut for the Netherlands against Kenya in 2011. He represented the Netherlands in 22 ODIs and 45 Twenty20 Internationals (T20Is).
- He is the 3rd-highest run-getter for the Netherlands in T20Is, behind Max O’Dowd and Ben Cooper.
- One of his best T20I runs occurred in the 2014 T20 World Cup when he hit a 17-ball 50 against Ireland, which was the 2nd-fastest in T20Is.
- He most recently participated in four T20 World Cups in Australia, where he made his final appearance in a 13-run triumph over his native country, South Africa.
National Legal Services Day 2022 – November 9
National Legal Services Day is annually observed across India on November 9 to commemorate the enactment of the National Legal Services Authorities Act 1987 which came into force on 9th November 1995.
The day also aims to raise awareness about various provisions of the Legal Services Authorities Act and litigants’ rights.
National Legal Services Day was started by the Supreme Court of India in 1995 to provide free legal assistance and support to the weaker sections of society.
Legal Services Authorities Act, 1987
Aim of Legal Services Authorities Act:
The prime objective of the National Legal Services Authority (NALSA),
- To provide free and competent legal services to the weaker sections of society
- To ensure that no citizen is denied access to justice because of economic or other limitations, and to establish Lok Adalats for amicable settlement resolution.
Authorities for Free Legal Aid:
The following Authorities/Institutions are established to provide free legal aid to poor and weaker sections of society:
- National Legal Services Authority (NALSA) at the National level
- Supreme Court Legal Services Committee (SCLSC) at the Supreme Court level
- 39 High Court Legal Services Committees (HCLSCs) at the High Court level
- 37 State Legal Services Authorities (SLSAs) at the State level
- 673 District Legal Services Authorities (DLSAs) at the District level
- 2465 Taluk Legal Services Committees (TLSCs) at the Taluk level
National Legal Services Authority:
The National Legal Services Authority (NALSA) has been constituted under the Legal Services Authorities Act, 1987 to provide free Legal Services and to establish Lok Adalats for the fair resolution of disputes.
The Chief Justice of India (CJI) is the Patron-in-Chief and the Senior most Hon’ble Judge, Supreme Court of India is the Executive Chairman of NALSA.
CJI – . Justice D. Y. Chandrachud
Every state has established a State Legal Services Authority to carry out the NALSA’s rules and directives for the same purpose.
i. Lok Adalat is one of the alternative dispute redressal mechanisms.
ii. It is a forum where disputes or cases pending in the court of law or at the pre-litigation stage are settled amicably.
iii. Lok Adalats have been given statutory status under the Legal Services Authorities Act of 1987.
The award (decision) given by the Lok Adalats is deemed to be a decree of a civil court and is final and binding on all parties under the Legal Services Authorities Act (1987), and no appeal against such an award lies before any court of law.
*****Click Here View – AC Excluded News*****
Current Affairs Today (AffairsCloud Today)
|S.no||Current Affairs 10 November 2022|
|1||PM Narendra Modi Unveils Logo, Theme & Website of India’s G20 Presidency|
|2||15th Urban Mobility India (UMI) Conference & Expo 2022 held at Kochi, Kerala|
|3||MHA Declares Census, NPR Database as Critical Information Infrastructure|
|4||SC upholds the 103rd Constitutional Validity of EWS quota in 3:2 verdict|
|5||NHAI Starts Accepting Electronic Bank Guarantees Issued by NeSL|
|6||Krishify integrates with e-NAM’s Platform of Platforms|
|7||QS Asia University Rankings 2023: 19 Indian universities among top 200|
|8||Indian Navy participates in 26th Malabar Naval Exercise in Japan|
|9||India Participates in World Travel Market 2022 at London; Kerala’s STREET Tourism Project Wins Global Award|
|10||AIIB & GEAPP Partners to Accelerate Green Energy Transition at USD 1 billion|
|11||Max Life Partners with Ditto for Online Life Insurance Distribution|
|12||RBI Provides Licence for Ftcash to Set up NBFC; Aims to Disburse Rs. 100 cr in FY23|
|13||Amazon India & TVS Motor Signs MoU to Scale EV Deployment|
|14||Legendary Cricketers Chanderpaul, Edwards & Qadir were Inducted in the ICC Hall of Fame|
|15||All India Rubber Industries Association elects Ramesh Kejriwal as its New President|
|16||Justice D Y Chandrachud takes oath as 50th Chief Justice of India|
|17||Adidas appoints ex-Puma chief Bjorn Gulden as new CEO from January 2023|
|18||ISRO Tests Rocket Engine Developed by Startup Agnikul Cosmos|
|19||Researchers Discover New Species of Estuarine Crab near Vellar River Estuary|
|20||India to host Women’s World Boxing Championship 2023|
|21||Cricket-Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy 2022/23: Mumbai Beats Himachal Pradesh to Win Maiden Title|
|22||Viacom18 signs 7-year partnership with South African Cricket|
|23||Netherland’s Stephan Myburgh announces retirement from International Cricket|
|24||National Legal Services Day 2022 – November 9|