We are here for you to provide the important Recent and Latest Current Affairs 9 November 2022, which have unique updates of Latest Current Affairs 2022 events from all newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economic Times, PIB, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express, Business Standard and all Government official websites.
Our Current Affairs November 2022 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2022 PDF which will be a pedestrian to crack your exams.
Read Current Affairs in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Learn Current Affairs – Free Course – Click Here to Download the APP
We are Hiring – Subject Matter Expert | CA Video Creator | Content Developers(Pondicherry)
Mutual Fund Penetration: Maharashtra, Delhi in Lead; Jharkhand in Top 10According to data from the Association of Mutual Funds in India (AMFI), Maharashtra, New Delhi, and Goa have the maximum mutual fund (MF) penetration in India, due to high income levels, higher literacy rates, and substantial inflows from corporations and high-net-worth individuals (HNIs).
- AMFI determines MF penetration as the ratio of state assets managed by MFs to their Gross State Domestic Product (GSDP).
i.While Jharkhand is one of the top 10 states with a depth of 13%, MF penetration is barely 5-6% in Telangana and Kerala.
ii.Jharkhand has shown to be a better market for MFs since a large portion of the urban population is salaried and chooses MFs for regular investments.
iii.Jharkhand has 79% of the state’s total assets under management (AUM) in equity, and corporations generally invest in debt schemes.
About Association of Mutual Funds in India (AMFI)
AMFI is the association of all the asset management companies registered with the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) to manage mutual funds in India.
Chairman – A. Balasubramanian (CEO of Aditya Birla Sun Life Asset Management Co. Ltd.)
Incorporated – 1995
>> Read Full News
DMRC Signs MoU with BEL for the Development of Indigenous i-CBTC
On 7th November 2022 the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL), a Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) for the indigenous development of the indigenous Communication-Based Train Control system (i-CBTC).
i.The MoU was signed by Om Hari Pande (director, electrical) DMRC and Manoj Jain, Director (R&D) BEL in the presence of senior officials at the Metro Bhawan, New Delhi.
ii.The DMRC is developing this indigenous system with BEL and C-DAC as part of the ‘Make in India’ initiative of the Government of India (GoI) under the aegis of the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoH&UA).
i.This system is being widely adopted by most of the countries around the world, especially for its feature of moving blocks which allows high frequency of trains.
ii.The i-CBTC is a major step towards the development of an indigenously built signalling system in India, towards achieving self-reliance in metro signalling and train control systems.
- i-CBTC is efficient in use of metro infrastructure and provides safe operations that facilitate innovation, enhance local skill and reduce deployment cost of metros.
Note – The DMRC and BEL have also jointly developed the indigenous Automatic Train Supervision System (i-ATS) which is currently under implementation.
About Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL):
Chairman& Managing Director (CMD) – Bhanu Prakash Srivastava(additional charge)
Headquarters – Bengaluru, Karnataka
Establishment – 1954
Anamalai Tiger Reserve unveils Elephant Adoption Scheme
The Anamalai Tiger Reserve (ATR) has launched an Elephant Adoption Programme in which non-governmental organisations, institutions, trusts, or individuals can sponsor the costs of the Forest Department’s camp elephants.
- Leema Rose Martin, the Director of the Martin Group of Companies, Martin Trust and district coordinator of the ‘Go Green’ programme of the Rotary Club of Coimbatore Aakruthi, adopted 2 elephants of the Kozhikamuthi elephant camp, Abhinaya and Sanjeev, for 1 year.
- Under the Elephant Adoption Scheme, any donor who is willing to adopt the elephants will get an exemption under section 80 G of the Income Tax Act 1961.
- On 7th November 2022, Leema Rose Martin handed over a demand draft of Rs 1,86,720 to cover the expenses of the 2 elephants for 3 months.
Indo-German Week of the Young Researchers 2022 inaugurated to Foster Collaboration among Researchers
On 7th November 2022, the SERB-DFG Conclave on Indo-German Week of the Young Researchers 2022 (7th November 2022- 10th November 2022), was inaugurated, which was a week-long programme that brought young researchers from 2 countries (India & Germany) together to exchange research interests and build long-term research relationships.
- The week-long programme is co-organized by Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB), India, and the German Research Foundation (DFG).
- During the programme, 30 talented young researchers from India and Germany will discuss and interact on a variety of current issues in the chemical sciences.
- The important objective of the conclave is to develop collaboration amongst early and mid-career researchers and scientists who can be setting the agenda of scientific cooperation in the close to future.
MoCA to rename Chandigarh Airport as Shaheed Bhagat Singh Airport
Ministry of Civil Aviation (MoCA) has issued the notification renaming the Chandigarh International Airport as Shaheed Bhagat Singh International Airport.
- On September 2022, Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced that the Chandigarh airport would be renamed after Bhagat Singh as a tribute to the freedom fighter.
- On 28th September 2022, the 115th birth anniversary of Bhagat Singh, the Chandigarh airport has been renamed after him.
- The Chandigarh International Airport in Chandigarh has been renamed ‘Shaheed Bhagat Singh International Airport, Chandigarh’ with immediate effect, according to a notice published on 2nd November 2022.
BANKING & FINANCE
BEE Signs MoU with SIDBI to Promote Energy Efficiency Finance for MSMEsThe Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE), under the Ministry of Power signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) for Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs).
- The MoU aims to promote energy efficiency financing for MSMEs and to explore Internet of Things (IoT) based solutions, Greening MSMEs, capacity building of various stakeholders and such others.
i.Both, BEE and MSME ministry jointly runs a collaborative platform Sameeksha (Small and Medium Enterprises Energy Efficiency Knowledge Sharing) to pool the knowledge of various organisations and combine their efforts for the promotion and adoption of clean energy technologies and practices among MSMEs.
ii.This MoU was signed weeks after SIDBI announced its partnerships with multiple stakeholders to help MSMEs become more energy efficient in their operations to support India’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) 2030 targets.
- As per India’s Nationally Determined Contribution (NDC) with respect to the UN’s Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC), India has to reduce its emissions intensity by 45 percent of GDP by 2030 from the 2005 level.
- Additionally, India must also achieve about 50 percent cumulative electric power installed capacity from non-fossil fuel-based energy resources by 2030.
i.Two other MoUs were also signed with the Technology Information, Forecasting and Assessment Council (TIFAC) under the Department of Science and Technology and the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) to identify and promote scalable green and clean technologies by MSMEs.
ii.SIDBI has signed various MoUs with German development agency Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH for operating a Risk Sharing Facility (RSF) for providing credit guarantees to loans from non-banking financial companies (NBFCs) or other commercial banks.
About Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI):
SIDBI acts as the principal financial institution for the promotion, financing and development of MSMEs and also a project executing agency for Partial Risk Sharing Facility (PRSF) that guarantees energy efficiency projects.
Chairman & Managing Director (MD) – Sivasubramanian Ramann
Establishment – 1990
Headquarters – Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
UAE-based Emirates NBD Invests USD 100 mn More in India; Opens 2 New BranchesOn 7th November 2022 the United Arab Emirates (UAE)-based bank Emirates NBD launched two new full service branches in Chennai, Tamil Nadu and Gurugram, Haryana in addition to its Mumbai branch to expand its presence as Asia’s 3rd largest economy.
- The bank has also invested USD 100 million in its India operations, in addition to USD 300 million investment in the last 5 years of its operation in India.
i.Earlier in 2022, the both the countries signed the Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement (CEPA) to remove trade barriers and boost non-oil trade to USD 100 billion in 5 years from the current USD 60 billion.
ii.The Emirates NBD bank is not a wholly-owned subsidiary that primarily focus on retail business in India but works on the corporate and trade segments.
- It does not have a captive development centre in India, but has contracted an Information Technology (IT) services vendor for supporting its global operations.
iii.India stands third among Emirates NBD’s customers and the bank has facilitated 2.5 million remittances to India worth nearly USD 2 billion in 2022 through its DirectRemit service.
About Emirates NBD:
Chief Executive Officer (CEO) – Salah Amin
Headquarters – United Arab Emirates (UAE), Dubai
Establishment – 2007
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
Dr Subhash Babu 1st Indian Scientist to be Awarded 2022 Bailey K Ashford Medal & 2022 FASTMH Award
American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, the world’s largest scientific organisation in tropical medicine, awarded the prestigious 2022 Bailey K Ashford Medal and 2022 Fellow of the American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene (FASTMH) award to Dr Subhash Babu, Indian physician and scientist for his exemplary research work and contribution in tropical medicine.
- Dr Subash Babu is the 1st Indian to receive both the Bailey K Ashford medal and the FASTMH award.
i. Dr Subash Babu, Scientific Director of the International Centre for Excellence in Research (ICER)-India programme at The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR)-National Institute for Research in Tuberculosis (NIRT), Chennai (Tamil Nadu), received the award at the annual American Society of Tropical Medicine & Hygiene (ASTMH) meeting held in Seattle, United States of America (USA)
- FASTMH is an additional honour for his dedication to tropical medicine since 1995.
- In the award’s 82-year history, it has never been given to an Indian scientist or for work done in an Indian institution.
Bailey K Ashford Medal:
Bailey K Ashford medal is awarded annually to one or more mid-career investigators who have done outstanding work in tropical medicine.
- It was established in 1941 by the ASTMH.
About Dr Subash Babu:
i. In 1993, Dr Subash Babu received his MBBS at the Government Kilpauk Medical College in Tamil Nadu, and his PhD in Immunology at the University of Connecticut in the USA.
ii. He returned to India in 2006 to establish the International Centre for Excellence in Research (ICER) at the campus of ICMR-NIRT in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
iii. He made major contributions to the immunology of human helminth infections and TB. Over the last 2 decades, he has dedicated himself to applying his talent in basic and translational research to pressing public health issues in India.
India’s Namita Thapar, Ghazal Alagh & Soma Mondal Among Forbes’ 2022 Asia’s Power Businesswomen list3 Indian Businesswomen are featured on the Forbes 2022 Asia’s Power Businesswomen list featured in the November issue of Forbes Asia. On 8th November 2022, Forbes released the 2022 Asia’s Power Businesswomen list honouring 20 women executives and entrepreneurs in business across the Asia-Pacific region.
The 3 Indian featured on the list were,
- Soma Mondal, Chairperson of Steel Authority of India Ltd(SAIL);
- Namita Thapar, Executive director, India business of Emcure Pharma,
- Ghazal Alagh, co-founder and Chief Innovation Officer of Honasa Consumer Pvt. Ltd.(Mamaearth).
i.The list, edited by Rana Wehbe Watson, highlights 20 women executives who are leading their companies’ transition to post COVID-19 era.
ii.The other women featured on the list are from Australia, China, South Korea, Indonesia, Japan, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan and Thailand.
iii.Other Powerful women featured on the list includes South Korea’s Choi Soo-Yeon, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Naver, Japan’s Akiko Amano Director of Souke Hanabi Kagiya, Australia’s Kristy Carr, Founder and CEO of Bubs Australia; and China’s Wang Ying, Chairman, Chengdu Easton Biopharmaceuticals
About Soma Mondal:
Soma Mondal, hailing from Bhubaneswar, Odisha, became the first ever woman to be appointed as the chairperson of SAIL, a Public Sector Undertaking(PSU) of the Government of India(GoI) under the Ministry of Steel.
About Namita Thapar:
i.Namita Thapar is serving as the executive director (India business) of Pune-based Emcure Pharma founded by her father Satish Mehta in 1981.
ii.She joined the firm in 2007 as Chief Financial Officer.
iii.She has also published her book titled ‘The Dolphin and the Shark: Stories on Entrepreneurship.
About Ghazal Alagh:
i.Ghazal Alagh co-founded Honasa Consumer along with her husband Varun Alagh in 2016.
ii.Honasa Consumer hosts brands such as Mamaearth, The Derma Co., Aqualogica, and Ayuga.
iii.The company became a unicorn in January 2022 after closing a USD 52 million funding round led by Sequoia Capital India, thereby valuing it at USD 1.2 billion.
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNATIONS
GoI Appoints Justice Rituraj Awasthi as Chairperson of Law Commission of IndiaOn 7th November 2022, the Government of India (GoI) appointed a Chairperson and Members of the 22nd Law Commission of India, which was notified on 24th February 2020.
- Justice Rituraj Awasthi, retired Chief Justice of Karnataka High Court is appointed as the chairperson of the 22nd Law Commission of India.
- Justice KT Sankaran, retired Judge of Kerala High Court, Professor Anand Paliwal, Professor DP Verma, Professor Raka Arya and M Karunanithi were appointed as the members of the commission.
i.The commission would have a tenure of 3 years with effect from the date of publication of the order of Constitution in the Official Gazette.
ii.The 22nd law commission was vacant since the retirement of former Supreme Court judge Justice BS Chauhan in 2018.
- This law commission will examine matters related to Uniform Civil Code (UCC).
About Justice Rituraj Awasthi:
i.Justice Rituraj Awasthi graduated in law from Lucknow University in 1986.
ii.He practised in civil, service and educational matters at the Lucknow bench of the Allahabad High Court and has also worked as the Assistant Solicitor General of India.
iii.He was a judge of the Allahabad High Court and retired in July 2022 as the Chief Justice of Karnataka High Court.
- He had headed the High Court bench which upheld the ban on wearing hijab by Muslim girls in government colleges in Karnataka.
About the Law Commission of India:
i.Law Commission of India, a non-statutory body, was constituted by a notification of the Government of India, Ministry of Law & Justice, and Department of Legal Affairs with a definite term of reference to carry out research in the field of law and the Commission makes recommendations to the Government (in the form of Reports) as per its terms of reference.
ii.The Commission was originally constituted in 1955 and is reconstituted every 3 years.
GSMA elects Bharti Airtel CEO Gopal Vittal as Deputy Chair for a two-year termOn 7th November 2022, the GSMA (Groupe Speciale Mobile Association), a global organisation representing mobile network operators worldwide, elected Gopal Vittal, Managing Director (MD) & Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Bharti Airtel Limited, as Deputy Chair of the GSMA Board of Directors.
- He is one among the newly elected 26 members GSMA Board to serve from January 2023 through December 2024.
- The GSMA Board of Directors comprises 26 members representing the main operator groups and representatives from smaller independent operators with global participation.
About Gopal Vittal:
i. Gopal Vittal the MD & CEO of Bharti Airtel, is responsible for defining and delivering the business strategy and providing overall leadership for Airtel’s India & South Asia Operations.
ii. He was 1st appointed as CEO of Bharti Airtel on 1st March 2013 and re-appointed with effect from February 2018 for 5 years (up to 31st January 2023).
iii. Previously he served as the Group Director, Special Projects (April 2012 – Feb 2013) in Bharti Enterprises.
iv. He was responsible for developing and implementing Airtel’s international strategy and data expansion. Between 2006 and 2008, he was the Director of Marketing at Bharti Airtel.
v. He has also worked with Hindustan Unilever Limited (HUL) for around 20 years.
About GSMA(Groupe Speciale Mobile Association):
Director General- Mats Granryd
Chairman- Jose Maria Alvarez-Pallete Lopez
Headquarters- London, United Kingdom
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
DRDO Launches Testing & Evaluation Facility for Sonar Systems of Indian NavyThe Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO) has launched the Hull Module of the Submersible Platform for Acoustic Characterization & Evaluation (SPACE) facility at the Naval Physical & Oceanographic Laboratory (NPOL) in Kochi, Kerala.
- ‘SPACE’ is a cutting-edge testing and evaluation facility for sonar systems designed for use by the Indian Navy onboard ships, submarines, and helicopters.
- It is expected to bolster India’s “Make in India” and “Atma Nirbhar Bharat” initiatives.
Submersible Platform for Acoustic Characterization & Evaluation (SPACE)
- The SPACE is a unique facility that is marked by its ability to lower a specifically constructed submersible platform to depths of up to 100 metres.
- The platform’s design and construction meet all of the statutory requirements of the Indian Register of Shipping and the vessel classifying authority, as well as the inspection and registration standards outlined in the Kerala Inland Vessel Rules.
i.The SPACE facility was built by L&T Shipbuilding in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, based on the concept design and requirements specified by NPOL.
ii.This will mostly be used for testing sonar systems, allowing for rapid deployment and fast recovery of scientific packages such as sensors and transducers.
Indian Black Honeybee ‘Apis karinjodian’ Discovered in Western Ghats
Apis karinjodian, a new species of endemic honeybee has been discovered in the Western Ghats after a 200-year gap, and given the common name “Indian black honey bee.”
- The discovery brings the world’s total number of honey bee species to 11.
Apis indica, identified in 1798 by Fabricius, was the honey bee that was last discovered in India.
About ‘Apis karinjodian’
i.Apis karinjodian evolved from Apis cerana morphotypes that adapted to the hot, humid climate of the Western Ghats.
- Its distribution spans from the central Western Ghats and Nilgiris to the southern Western Ghats.
- It is found in the states of Goa, Karnataka, Kerala, and parts of Tamil Nadu.
ii.According to the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) Red List Categories and Criteria, the species has been categorised as “Near Threatened” (NT).
iii.The Indian black honeybee’s ability to generate larger quantities of thicker honey opens up new opportunities for boosting honey production.
Note: Apis indica was not deemed a valid species until the research team restored its status using the “Radio-Medial Index (RMI),” a new measure for species discrimination in honeybees.
i.The research was published in the peer-reviewed journal Entomon, which is issued by the Association for Advancement of Entomology.
ii.With this India is home to 3 species of cavity-nesting honey bees: Apis indica, Apis cerana, and Apis karinjodian, the latter of which is noticeably darker in appearance.
iii.Only one species, Apis cerana, has been identified as having a ” fairly uniform population ” in the plains of central and southern India and Sri Lanka.
International Day of Radiology 2022 – November 8International Day of Radiology (IDoR), also known as World Radiology Day, is annually observed across the globe on November 8 to raise awareness of the benefits of medical imaging that incorporates radiology and to honour the discovery of X-rays by German engineer Wilhelm Conrad Röntgen Roentgen in 1895.
IDoR is observed to improve knowledge of how radiologists and radiological technologists contribute to healthcare.
- 8th November 2022 marks the observance of the 11th International Day of Radiology.
According to the European Society of Radiology (ESR), the theme of International Day of Radiology 2022 is “Radiologists & radiographers supporting patients”.
- According to the International Society of Radiographers and Radiological Technologists(ISRRT), the theme of World Radiography Day 2022 is “Radiographers at the Forefront of Patient Safety”.
Note: Wilhelm Conrad Röntgen received the 1st Nobel Prize in Physics in 1901 in recognition of the extraordinary services he rendered by the discovery of the remarkable rays (X-Rays).
i. Since 2007, 8th November, the day on which Wilhelm Conrad Röntgen discovered the x-rays, has been observed as World Radiography Day.
- In 2011, the European Society of Radiology (ESR) decided to have an annual radiology celebration on the anniversary of the discovery of x-rays.
ii. The date November 8 was chosen at the Radiological Society of North America (RSNA) meeting convened in Chicago by the Radiological Society of North America (RSNA), European Society of Radiology (ESR), and American College of Radiology (ACR).
iii. The first ever IDoR was observed on 8th November 2012.
Note: The ESR maintains a joint website to promote the International Day of Radiology
About the Radiological Society of North America (RSNA):
President- Bruce G. Haffty, MD
Members- more than 54,000 members across the globe
About the European Society of Radiology (ESR):
Chair of the ESR Board of Directors- Regina Beets-Tan
President- Adrian P. Brady
Members- 129,294 members across the globe
>> Read Full News
World Urbanism Day 2022 – November 8World Urbanism Day(WUD), also known as World Town Planning Day, is annually celebrated across the globe on 8th November to recognise and promote the role of thorough planning in creating livable communities.
- The day focuses on the aims, objectives and progress of urban and regional planning across the globe.
- The day recognises the ideals of community planning which bring professional planners and the general public together.
The observance of WUD is promoted by the International Society of City and Regional Planners (ISOCARP).
World Urbanism Day or World Town Planning Day was initiated in 1949 by the late Professor Carlos Maria della Paolera of the University of Buenos Aires to advance public and professional interest in planning.
>> Read Full News
PM Modi Inaugurated Global Investors Meet ‘Invest Karnataka 2022’ On 2nd November 2022, Prime Minister(PM) Narendra Modi virtually inaugurated the “Invest Karnataka 2022”, the Global Investors Meet 2022(GIM 2022) of Karnataka, held in Bangalore Palace, Bengaluru, Karnataka. The 3-day programme was held from 2nd to 4th November 2022
- The theme for Global Investors Meet 2022 will be “Build for the World” and is aimed at showcasing the role of Karnataka in the global supply chain.
MoUs signed during Invest Karnataka 2022 – GIM 2022:
i.During the inaugural day, 2nd November 2022, the Karnataka government, signed Memorandums of Understanding(MoUs) worth Rs 5.20 lakh crore.
ii.During GIM 2022, IndoSpace, India’s largest developer and owner of the grade A industrial real estate, has signed an MoU with the government of Karnataka to invest Rs 3000 crore in Karnataka to boost the state’s warehousing and logistics sector.
iii.Welspun One Logistics Parks (WOLP), an integrated fund, development and asset management organisation, signed an MoU with the Karnataka Government to invest Rs 2000 crore.
Chief Minister– Basavaraj Bommai,
Governor– Thaawar Chand Gehlot
National Park– Anshi National Park, Bandipur National Park
Wild Life Sanctuary– Arabithittu Wildlife Sanctuary; Bhimgad Wildlife Sanctuary
>> Read Full News
Kerala Govt Launches Scheme to Reimburse Tech License Cost to StartupsGovernment of Kerala has launched ‘Technology Transfer Scheme’, a scheme to reimburse the expense incurred by the new startup ventures in procuring technology licences from government research institutions for commercialising their products.
i.The scheme will be implemented through the Kerala Startup Mission (KSUM) and will reimburse up to Rs 10 lakh for the startups.
- KSUM is the nodal agency of the Kerala government for entrepreneurship development and incubation activities in the state.
ii.This scheme will support startups in Kerala to gain greater access to the know-how required for turning their ideas into marketable products.
iii.As part of the fiscal support scheme, 90 percent of the technology fee paid by startups to the research institutions will be reimbursed.
iv.The eligible startups with an active registration with KSUM can submit online applications via the KSUM portal.
Governor – Arif Mohammed Khan
Chief Minister – Pinarayi Vijayan
National Parks – Eravikulam National Park, Silent Valley National Park
Wildlife Sanctuaries – Neyyar Wildlife Sanctuary, Peechi-Vazhani Wildlife Sanctuary
HRIDC Signs Pact with REMCL to Develop Renewable Energy in Haryana
On 7th November 2022 Haryana Rail Infrastructure Development Corporation Limited (HRIDC), a joint venture of the Haryana government and Ministry of Railways (MoR) signed an agreement with Railway Energy Management Company Limited (REMCL), a joint venture between the MoR and RITES Limited (Rail India Technical and Economic Service Limited).
- The agreement was signed for development of renewable energy projects in Haryana at the HRIDC office at Sector 44 Gurugram, Haryana.
i.Under the agreement, the two companies will collaborate to explore areas of renewable energy projects (wind, solar and hybrid) related to net-zero carbon emission targets of the Indian Railways.
ii.HRIDC will identify green energy projects in Haryana for obtaining technical expertise of consultancy, execution and implementation through developers under REMC.
About Ministry of Railways (MoR):
Union Minister – Ashwini Vaishnaw (Rajya sabha – Odisha)
Minister of state (MoS) – Danve Raosaheb Dadarao, Darshana Vikram Jardosh
Goa CM unveils Free Pilgrimage Scheme ‘Mukhyamantri Devdarshan Yatra Yojana’
Chief Minister of Goa, Pramod Sawant, flagged off a bus carrying passengers to the famous Tirupati shrine in Andhra Pradesh under the ‘Mukhyamantri Devdarshan Yatra Yojana’.
- The other 2 destinations promised under the scheme are Velankanni in Tamil Nadu, a popular pilgrim centre and Shirdi, the famous shrine of Sai Baba located in neighbouring Maharashtra.
- People over the age of 50 years are eligible to apply under this scheme and the pilgrimages under the scheme are free of cost. Food and boarding of pilgrims during the tours will be taken care of by the state government.
Rajasthan Govt launches Handicraft Policy 2022 to Revive Traditional Arts
The Government of Rajasthan launched its 1st Handicraft Policy 2022 to boost investment in the cultural heritage of the state.
The policy focuses on empowering handicrafts for state growth by enabling participation and creating new job opportunities.
- The Rajasthan Handicraft Policy-2022 aims to improve marketing arrangements for handicrafts, restore traditional and extinct arts, and create new job possibilities.
- The state’s handcraft exports, which reached Rs 6,205 crore in 2020-21, are steadily increasing.
- The primary objective of the Rajasthan Handicrafts Policy-2022 is to establish the necessary infrastructure in the state for the sector.
Note: More than 50,000 new jobs would be created in the next 5 years, and the policy would benefit the artisans of textile, metal, wood, carpet, pottery & clay, painting, leather craft and jewellery.
*****Click Here View – AC Excluded News*****
Current Affairs Today (AffairsCloud Today)
|S.no||Current Affairs 9 November 2022|
|1||Mutual Fund Penetration: Maharashtra, Delhi in Lead; Jharkhand in Top 10|
|2||DMRC Signs MoU with BEL for the Development of Indigenous i-CBTC|
|3||Anamalai Tiger Reserve unveils Elephant Adoption Scheme|
|4||Indo-German Week of the Young Researchers 2022 inaugurated to Foster Collaboration among Researchers|
|5||MoCA to rename Chandigarh Airport as Shaheed Bhagat Singh Airport|
|6||BEE Signs MoU with SIDBI to Promote Energy Efficiency Finance for MSMEs|
|7||UAE-based Emirates NBD Invests USD 100 mn More in India; Opens 2 New Branches|
|8||Dr Subhash Babu awarded Bailey K Ashford Medal for work in Tropical Medicine|
|9||India’s Namita Thapar, Ghazal Alagh & Soma Mondal Among Forbes’ 2022 Asia’s Power Businesswomen list|
|10||GoI Appoints Justice Rituraj Awasthi as Chairperson of Law Commission of India|
|11||GSMA elects Bharti Airtel CEO Gopal Vittal as Deputy Chair for a two-year term|
|12||DRDO Launches Testing & Evaluation Facility for Sonar Systems of Indian Navy|
|13||Indian Black Honeybee ‘Apis karinjodian’ Discovered in Western Ghats|
|14||International Day of Radiology 2022 – November 8|
|15||World Urbanism Day 2022 – November 10|
|16||PM Modi Inaugurated Global Investors Meet ‘Invest Karnataka 2022’|
|17||Kerala Govt Launches Scheme to Reimburse Tech License Cost to Startups|
|18||HRIDC Signs Pact with REMCL to Develop Renewable Energy in Haryana|
|19||Goa CM unveils Free Pilgrimage Scheme ‘Mukhyamantri Devdarshan Yatra Yojana’|
|20||Rajasthan Govt launches Handicraft Policy 2022 to Revive Traditional Arts|