[dropcap]D[/dropcap]ear Readers, We cover some important news in Bulletin Today Section, which are not covered in Daily Detailed News, More Current Affairs coverage will helpful for upcoming exam.
- NASSCOM Launches Cyber Security Task Force
- Manobi Bandyopadhyay- India’s first transgender college principal
Delhi high court gives nod to Greenpeace India to operate two of its domestic accounts
- Delhi high court has allowed NGO Greenpeace India to operate two of its domestic accounts to accept domestic contributions required for its day to day maintenance.
- The bench led by Rajiv Shakder decided this in a plea of Greenpeace India against the central government, to free is international and national bank accounts, which were blocked as per a home ministry directive.
- It also empowered the NGO to encash it’s FDs..
Country singer Taylor Swift youngest entry in Forbes most powerful women list 2015
- Taylor Swift,25, debuted at number 65 in the Forbes most powerful women list, becoming the youngest entrant.
- She is a seven time Grammy Award winner, having sold over 40 million albums and over 100 million solo downloads worldwide, making her one of the best selling artists ever.
- Next youngest lister was founder and CEO of blood testing company- Therox, Elizabeth Holmes- no. 72, who is also the world’s youngest female self-made billionaire
- Only 12 Europeans, 3 Africans, 4 Middle Easterns, 4 Latin Americans and 18 Asia Pacific women featured in the list, being published by Forbes magazine since 2004, dominated by politicians, activists and business women round the world.
- This year’s list was also topped by German Chancellor – Angela Merkel.
German city evacuates 20,000 people to defuse WWII bomb
- German authorities evacuated around 20,000 people from their homes in the western city of Cologne on Wednesday after a World War II bomb was unearthed during construction work.
- The unexploded US-made device, which lay five metres underground and was discovered on Friday, was set to be defused later in the day.
India Vietnam joint vision statement on defence cooperation
- India and Vietnam signed a Joint Vision Statement on defence cooperation for 2015-2020. The statement was signed by the Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar and his Vietnamese counterpart during the delegation level talks in New Delhi.
- An MoU on cooperation between the coast guards of the two countries was also signed. These were signed during the Vietnamese Defence Minister’s 3-day official visit to India at the invitation of Mr Parrikar.
Banking & Finance
Sebi settles charges of fraudulent trading against two individuals
- Market regulator Sebi has settled charges of fraudulent trading against two individuals after they paid a total of around Rs 20 lakh in settlement fee.
- The two individuals have violated PFTUP (Prohibition of Fraudulent and Unfair Trade Practices) regulation in the matter of Arihant Foundations & Housing Ltd.
- Laxmi M Chaturvedi paid over Rs 17.87 lakh while Manoharlal Chaturvedi made a payment of Rs 2 lakh towards settlement charges.
ANZ Bank to open 2 India branches by early 2016
- ANZ Bank will open two more branches in India by early next year.
- The two branches would be opened at Gurgaon and Bangalore, ANZ Executive Director (International banking) Subhash DeGamia said. The bank opened its first branch in India at Mumbai four years ago.
- In June 2014, Australia New Zealand Banking Group (ANZ) said it received in-principle approval from the Reserve Bank of India to open new branches in Gurgaon and in outer Bengalore.
- Its Mumbai branch offers Indian Rupee and foreign currency services, working capital and term financing, transaction banking, global markets, deposits and advisory services.
- In addition, ANZ’s Bangalore-based operations and technology shared
IRDA slaps Rs. 65 lakh fine on India First Life Insurance
- The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) has imposed Rs. 65 lakh penalty on India First Life insurance company for 48 charges such as violation of norms related to payment of commissions and reporting of expenses pertaining to corporate agents.
- They also included wrongful involvement of business development managers on behalf of corporate agents, running sales campaigns for the employees of corporate agents, offering incentives such as foreign trips, gift cards and online redemption points and faulty reporting of expenses and file and use procedures, among others.
- IRDAI Chairman- T S Vijayan, Head – Governance and Company Secretary, IndiaFirst Life Insurance – Viswanarayan .
P&G appoints new MD and CEO
- Procter and Gamble has appointed- Al Rajwani as the new MD & CEO. He will replace Shantanu Khosla, with affect from June 30, who has served P&G for 13 years.
- Rajwani is a US citizen of Indian origin, who has been working for P&G in a variety of product supply, marketing, management positions in the US, Canada, China, Korea and Arabic peninsula for more than 34 years.
- Before his role as VP/GM India, he was VP Arabic peninsula and Pakistan operations, where the growth rate has been double digit and he is also credited for making P&G one of the leading FMCG companies in the Middle East.
Science & Tech
2,000-year-old aqueduct unearthed in Israel
- An ancient aqueduct dating back 2,000 years ago was unearthed near Har Homa in in East Jerusalem city of Israel.
- The discovered lower aqueduct was used in ancient times to transport water into the city of Jerusalem
Kapil Dev launches golf team for Louis Philippe cup
- Former India cricket captain Kapil Dev, a keen golf enthusiast and an amateur player, has floated his team in the upcoming Louis Philippe cup with top-ranked players like Siddikur and Om Prakash Chouhan part of his outfit, Dev-Ellora Pune.
- services hub employs more than 6,000 staff supporting ANZ’s businesses around the world.