On March 9,2021, DBS Bank India Ltd. (DBIL) partnered with TRRAIN (Trust for Retailers & Retail Associate of India) to support the youth from low income households, pandemic affected, and persons with disabilities through skill training and employment opportunities.
- It is a part of the initiative ‘DBS Stronger Together Fund’
- The partnership will lead to one-year-long, Pan-India program which is a combination of classroom and online training sessions
- The training will be conducted by TRRAIN centres across cities such as Mumbai, Chennai, Delhi, Bengaluru, Kolkata, Ahmedabad, and among others.
Benefits of the Training:
- After the completion of training candidates will be recruited by leading partners in the retail and e-commerce sector across Tier -1 and Tier-2 cities.
- It aims to train and secure jobs for over 800 individuals by the end of 2021.
Recent Initiatives of DBIL:
- To help the regions hard hit by COVID-19 fund of Rs 10.5 Million is provided.
- Introduced ‘Towards Zero Food Waste’ initiative in 2020 to reduce food waste
- They have partnered with UNICEF to scale up public health infrastructure.
Recent Related news:
On December 11, 2020 DBS Bank India Ltd. (DBIL) partnered with Haqdarshak Empowerment Solutions Private Limited to help Indian MSMEs (Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises) to recover from COVID-19 pandemic.
About DBS Bank India Ltd. (DBIL):
- It is a wholly owned subsidiary of DBS Bank Ltd, Singapore.
- It received a banking license to operate as a banking company under Section 22 (1) of the Banking Regulation (B R) Act, 1949.
Incorporated under– Companies Act, 2013
Headquarters– Mumbai, Maharashtra
Managing Director(MD) and Chief Executive Officer(CEO)– Surojit Shome
About TRRAIN (Trust for Retailers & Retail Associate of India):
Location – Malad,Mumbai
Establishment – 2011
Founder – B.S. Nagesh
Chief Executive Officer(CEO)- Ameesha Prabhu