AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs June 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2019 updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs June 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs May 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
- _______ edition of 2 day Subordinate Officers Conclave 2019 was organized by the Indian Coast Guard (ICG) in New Delhi ?
1) 2nd edition
2) 3rd edition
3) 4th edition
4) 5th edition
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) 4th edition
On June 6, 2019, a two-day 4th Subordinate Officers Conclave 2019 organized by Indian Coast Guard (ICG) was inaugurated by Rajendra Singh, Director General (DG) of ICG at ICG Headquarters in New Delhi. It focussed on accountability in job profile, improving lifestyle for healthy living and integrating evolving technology in Coast Guard operations, especially towards strengthening search and rescue organizations during cyclone and floods.
- Who was conferred with ‘Uttam Jeevan Raksha Padak ’ during the 2 day Subordinate Officers Conclave 2019 ?
1) V. S. R. Murthy
2) Navik Vinod
3) K. R. Nautiyal
4) Krishnaswamy Natarajan
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Navik Vinod
DG Rajendra Singh conferred ‘Uttam Jeevan Raksha Padak ’to Navik Vinod. The award was bestowed in recognition of his exceptional courage, expert use of lifesaving techniques and selfless attitude displayed in saving a precious life of a woman drowning into the rough sea due to monsoonal weather conditions in pitch dark hours near Gateway of India, Mumbai in 2018.On this occasion, A Coast Guard Benevolent Association App was launched. Through this app, the Coast Guard Personnel can log on the site and apply for the required financial assistance online.
- National Green Tribunal (NGT) has constituted an expert committee to ascertain whether further norms are required to restrict the use of plastic packaging.Who is the Chairperson of National Green Tribunal (NGT) ?
1) Sonam Phintso Wangdi
2) Raghuvendra Singh Rathore
3) Jawad Rahim
4) Adarsh Kumar Goel
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Adarsh Kumar Goel
The National Green Tribunal (NGT) has formed a panel to look into the needs for further norms to restrict the use of plastic packaging of food products. This was formed after a plea to seek a ban on the plastic packaging of food products.A bench headed by NGT Chairperson Justice Adarsh Kumar Goel formed the panel.The panel comprises of the representatives of Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI), Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS), Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) and Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS).The nodal agency for coordination is FSSAI (Food Safety and Standards Authority of India) and it is required to furnish its report to the tribunal within three months by e-mail.The move has come after a petition was filed by NGO Him Jagriti Uttaranchal Welfare Society seeking a ban on the use of plastic bottle and multi-layered/plastic packages /pet bottles.
- Which of the following countries were elected to United Nations Security Council (UNSC) as Non-permanent Members for a period of 2-year ?
1) Estonia, Niger, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Tunisia and Vietnam
2) Latvia, Niger, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Tunisia and Vietnam
3) Belarus, Latvia, Niger, St. Vincent and the Grenadines and Tunisia
4) Belarus, Latvia, Niger, St. Vincent and the Grenadines and Cyprus
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Estonia, Niger, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Tunisia and Vietnam
On June 7, 2019, Estonia, Niger, St. Vincent, and the Grenadines, Tunisia, and Vietnam were elected to United Nations Security Council (UNSC) as Non-permanent Members for a 2-year term beginning January 1, 2020. The United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) had held elections for 5 non-permanent members of the Security Council in the General Assembly hall. UNGA has 193 members. In the African and Asia Pacific category, Vietnam secured192 out of 193 votes while Niger and Tunisia got 191 votes each. In the Latin America and Caribbean category, St. Vincent and the Grenadines were elected as it had secured 185 votes. El Salvador, which was in the group, got only 6 votes. In the Eastern European States category, Estonia got 111 votes whereas Romania secured 78 votes. Georgia and Latvia secured only one vote each.
- Which airlines has been named the world’s most punctual airline by flight data analysis company Flightstats.com ?
1) Qatar Airways
2) All Nippon Airways
3) Srilankan Airlines
4) LATAM Airlines
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Srilankan Airlines
Sri Lanka’s state-run Srilankan Airlines has been named the world’s most punctual airline by flight data analysis company Flightstats.com. An extraordinary 90.5 percent of SriLankan Airlines’ flights were on time according to an analysis by Flightstats. This is the second consecutive time in less than 12 months that Sri Lankan has achieved this milestone.Earlier it was won the tag in September 2018 with the punctuality rating of 91.37 percent.LATAM Airlines was in second place with 38,202 flights. All Nippon Airways was in third place with 29,536 flights. 8th was Singapore Airlines with 7,987 flights. Emirates was in 10th place with 12,615 flights.
- Which organization is set to create the foreign exchange trading platform for retail participants ?
1) Central Board of Indirect taxes and Customs (CBIC)
2) Reserve Bank of India (RBI)
3) Securities and Exchange Board of India(SEBI)
4) National Stock Exchange(NSE)
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Reserve Bank of India (RBI)
On June 6, 2019, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) announced to set up a foreign exchange trading platform for retail participants. This is to create a market infrastructure that ensures fair and transparent pricing for users of foreign exchange like Small and Medium Enterprises (SME) exporters & importers and individuals.
- What is the minimum tradeable amount in the foreign exchange trading platform for retail participants ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) $1000
The minimum tradeable amount is $1000 and they are issued in the multiples of $500 thereof. At present, the facility will be available only for dollars, but later more currencies will be introduced. Once the trade is done, the ticket generated will reflect the interbank rate, mark-up, and the net rate. Trades can be done for same-day delivery (cash), next-day delivery, or spot delivery (T+2), and interbank rates will reflect accordingly. RBI also decided to widen the gambit of Small Finance Banks (SFBs) to get more customers in order to extend the banking facilities for all.
- Name the organization, which develops the trading platforms for retail participants.
1) National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI)
2) Clearcorp Dealing Systems (India) Limited
3) Legal Entity Identifier India Limited
4) Clearing Corporation of India Limited (CCIL)
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Clearing Corporation of India Limited (CCIL)
The trading platforms are developed by the Clearing Corporation of India Limited (CCIL) and are tested by the users. The platform is an extension of CCIL’s FX(Forex)-Clear which is used for large-volume interbank trading. It will be available to the users for transactions from early August 2019 and the circular on operational guidelines for the platform will be issued by the end of June 2019.
- Which entity launched the India’s first Mutual Fund Side Pocketing recently to set aside its troubled investment in Dewan Housing Finance Limited (DHFL) ?
1) ICICI Prudential Mutual Fund
2) DSP Mutual Fund
3) Tata Mutual Fund
4) SBI Mutual Fund
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Tata Mutual Fund
On June 6, 2019, Tata Mutual Fund launched the side-pocketing (segregated portfolio) option to set aside its troubled investment in Dewan Housing Finance Limited (DHFL). They were created for 3 schemes namely Tata Corporate Bond Fund, Tata Medium Term Fund, and Tata Treasury Advantage Fund.
- When and which organization introduced the side pocketing provisions in India?
1) 2018, Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI)
2) 2016, Reserve Bank of India
3) 2018, Reserve Bank of India
4) 2016, Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI)
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) 2018, Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI)
Side pocketing provisions was introduced by the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) in December 2018.
- By how much per cent, the share of e-Money in India’s payment systems grew in 2017, as per the report released by Reserve Bank of India ?
1) 25.5 per cent
2) 21.5 per cent
3) 27.5 per cent
4) 29.5 per cent
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) 21.5 per cent
According to a new report “Benchmarking India’s Payment Systems”, released by Reserve Bank of India(RBI) stated that the share of e-Money in India’s payment systems raise to 21.5 percent in 2017 from 0.8 percent in 2012.The report noted that demonetization plays an important role to provide a better position of the payment system in India compared to other countries.
- Which country topped in the e-Money transactions for the year 2017 ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Japan
India was next to Japan and the US in 2017 with respect to e-Money transactions of Rs 3,459 million.
- LR was in news recently, L stands for _________?
1) L – Liquidity
2) L – LIBOR
3) L – Labour
4) L – Leverage
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) L – Leverage
L stands for Leverage in LR. The full form of LR is Leverage Ratio.
- What is the revised Leverage Ratio?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) 3.5%
On June 6, 2019, The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) relaxed the Leverage Ratio (LR) for banks to 3.5%. This is done to help them in order to expand their lending activities. The LR is reduced to 4% for Domestic Systemically Important Banks (D-SIBs).
- Which ministry has signed with Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) for automatic data exchange in order to tackle the rising instances of fraud ?
1) Minister of Social Justice and Empowerment
2) Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA)
3) Minister of Heavy Industries and Public Enterprise
4) Minister of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA)
On June 7, 2019, A Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) was signed between Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) and Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) for automatic data exchange in order to tackle the rising instances of fraud. It was signed by Shri KVR Murty, Joint Secretary, MCA, and Smt. Madhabi Puri Buch, Whole Time Member, SEBI in the presence of senior officers from both the organizations. It will facilitate the sharing of data and information between SEBI and the MCA on an automatic and regular basis.Along with this, SEBI and MCA will share any information available in their respective databases on request for the purpose of carrying out scrutiny, investigation, inspection, and prosecution.
- Name the Indian historian and writer, who has been elected as international member of American Philosophical Society (APS) at its Annual Spring Meeting .
1) Romila Thapar
2) Irfan Habib
3) Ram Sharan Sharma
4) Bipan Chandra
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Romila Thapar
On June 6, 2019, The oldest learned society in the United States, American Philosophical Society (APS) has elected Eminent historian and writer Romila Thapar as an international member at its Annual Spring Meeting. Her APS citation regarded her as the “greatest living historian of India”. She is famous for her careful scholarship on the emperor Asoka, the epigraphy of the Mauryan period, and the multiple historiographies surrounding the contested Hindu and Muslim history of Somnath. She was among the 1,013 members elected to the society.She is Professor Emerita of history at Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) in Delhi.
- Who was concurrently accredited as the next High commissioner of India to Belize ?
1) Rahul Chhabra
2) Ravi Bangar
3) Sanjiv Rajan
4) Manpreet Vohra
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Manpreet Vohra
On June 8, 2019, Manpreet Vohra was the present additional secretary in the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) and Indian Ambassador-designate to Mexico, has been concurrently authorized as the next High commissioner of India to Belize with the house in Mexico City. He succeeds Muktesh Kumar Pardeshi. He has previously served as India’s Ambassador to Afghanistan, Peru, and Bolivia.He previously served as Deputy high commissioner of India in Islamabad and Nairobi. He did a post-graduate diploma in international alternate and a certificate in diplomatic research from Oxford.He had served as Joint Secretary within the improvement Partnership department of the MEA in New Delhi.
- Which bank has appointed R K Chibber as interim chief ?
1) HDFC Bank
2) State Bank of India
3) Jammu and Kashmir(J&K) bank
4) IndusInd Bank
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Jammu and Kashmir(J&K) bank
On June 8, 2019, The government of Jammu and Kashmir (J&K) has removed Parvez Ahmed as chairman cum managing director of the Jammu and Kashmir Bank. The government also appointed executive president R K Chibber as interim chief. The decision has come after the state vigilance department raided J&K Bank’s headquarters in Srinagar.In November 2018 State Accountability Commission headed by J&K Governor Satyapal Malik took a decision that the J&K Bank will be treated as a Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) after the disagreement with the bank, which was accused of appointing employees on political recommendations.
- Which entity’s electrical and automation (EA) business has acquired by Schneider Electric India Private Ltd and MacRitchie Investments ?
2) Larsen & Toubro Limited (L&T)
3) ITC Limited
4) L&T Infotech
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Larsen & Toubro Limited (L&T)
On June 6, 2019, Statutory body of the Government of India, Competition Commission of India (CCI) approved the acquisition of Larsen & Toubro Limited (L&T)’s Electrical and Automation (EA) business by Schneider Electric India Private Limited and MacRitchie Investments Pte. Ltd.In order to eliminate the competition concerns, the Commission has ordered the acquirers to reserve a part of L&T’s installed capacity to offer white labeling services to third-party competitors.The facility will be available in respect of five high market share LV (Low Voltage) switchgear, which is generally used together in LV panels.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- 1) Gundla Brahmeswara Wildlife Sanctuary is situated in which state ?Answer – Andhra Pradesh
- 2) What is the tagline of Jammu and Kashmir(J&K) Bank?Answer – Serving to Empower
- 3) Who is the Chairman of Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI)?Answer – Ajay Tyagi
- 4) What is the Capital and Currency of Belize ?Answer – Capital: Belmopan and Currency: Belize dollar
- 5) Who is the Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) ?Answer – Nirmala Sitharaman