AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs June 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2019 updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs June 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs May 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
- Who launched Swachh Survekshan 2020 League in New Delhi recently ?
1) Pralhad Joshi
2) Shripad Yasso Naik
3) Hardeep Singh Puri
4) Narendra Singh Tomar
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Hardeep Singh Puri
On June 6,2019, Union housing and urban affairs minister Hardeep Singh Puri launched Swachh Survekshan 2020 League(SS League 2020) in New Delhi. It will be a cleanliness assessment of cities and towns in India on quarterly basis.It will be conducted under the aegis of Swachh Bharat Mission- Urban (SBM-U). It will be integrated with Swachh Survekshan 2020, the 5th edition of the annual cleanliness survey of urban India to be conducted between January – February 2020. It is aimed at “sustaining the on ground performance of cities along with continuous monitoring of service level performance on cleanliness”.It will be conducted in three quarters (April- June, July – September and October- December 2019) and will give equal weightage to every quarter based on cities updating their progress on online MIS (Management Information System) and citizens.
- How many days are given for the lenders to review a borrower account after default as per the new NPA guidelines, “Prudential framework for resolution of stressed assets” released by Reserve Bank of India(RBI) ?
1) 30 days
2) 45 days
3) 15 days
4) 60 days
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) 30 days
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has issued new NPA guidelines “Prudential framework for resolution of stressed assets” to deal with bad loans, as the previous circular that was issued by RBI on Feb 12, 2019 rejected by Supreme Court. The new framework will replace the all the previous models. RBI has mandated the lenders to review the accounts within 30 days of default and initiate a resolution plan or Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (IBC) process before the default, in comparison to the Feb 12 circular which stated to initiate resolution or restructuring of loans even if the default was recorded for a single day.
- Which financial services company has partnered with Motherhood hospitals, a national network of women &child hospital to provide Life care finance facility?
1) Chartered Finance Management Ltd.
2) IFCI Financial Services Ltd.
3) Bajaj Finserv
4) Kotak Mahindra Financial Services Ltd.
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Bajaj Finserv
On June 4,2019, Indian financial services company Bajaj Finserv inked partnership with Motherhood hospitals, a national network of women &child hospital to provide Life care finance facility.Through this partnership, patients at all motherhood hospitals can avail Life Care Finance (LCF) from Bajaj Finserv that converts their medical bills into an EMI loan without interest.The hospital also offers an EMI financing option to patients for pregnancy care, fertility care; gynaecology, advanced laparoscopy surgery, neonatology, pediatrics, fetal medicine, cosmetology and radiology.
- Which of the following banks are included in the second schedule of the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934 ?
i. Fincare Small Finance Bank
ii. Kookmin Bank
iii. Equitas Small Finance Bank
1) Option i and ii
2) Option i alone
3) Option ii and iii
4) Option i,ii and iii
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Option i and ii
Fincare Small Finance Bank and Kookmin Bank have been included in the second schedule of the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934. Both banks can now broad-base its lines of funding and liquidity facilities.They can issue certificates of deposits and get access to interbank borrowings at competitive interest rates.They can also get deposits from new sources such as governments, public sector undertakings, corporates, mutual funds, insurance companies and other market participants. Fincare SFB, earlier Disha Microfin, was one of the 10 entities to receive the Small Finance Bank licence from the RBI in September 2015 and commenced banking operations in July 2017.
- Which bank has conducted the first e-auction of forest produce in Dhanora Mahasangh in Maharashtra under its Tech for Change initiative ?
1) State Bank of India(SBI)
2) Yes Bank
3) ICICI Bank
4) HDFC Bank
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Yes Bank
Yes Bank has conducted the first e-auction of forest produce in Dhanora Mahasangh in Maharashtra under its Tech for Change initiative where the bank work with the government and corporate to create technology-based solutions which have a social impact. It is a joint effort of Yes Bank with its fintech partner, Sparsh Technologies.The expected throughput is about Rs 40 crore per annum.Taluka Gramsabha Mahasangh Dhanora is a federation formed by 32 villages and 80 gram panchayats have come together as part of this initiative.
- Business confidence index (BCI) of fourth quarter(Q4) for India is _________ percent, for the financial year 2018-19 as per the National Council of Applied Economic Research (NCAER)?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) 9.1%
According to recent survey by National Council of Applied Economic Research (NCAER), Business confidence index (BCI) of India Inc slipped 9.1 per cent in the fourth quarter Q4 of the financial year 2018-19. Meanwhile, the Political Confidence Index (PCI) of businesses has increased by 12.1% on a quarterly basis in Q4. Present capacity utilization is close to or above optimal level. It plunged by 9.1 percent to reach 115.4 at the end of fourth quarter of the last fiscal, on a quarter-on-quarter basis. On a year-on-year basis, the BCI plunged by 12.2 percent. BCI of consumer durables and consumer non-durables sectors fell by 12.1 and 15.9%, respectively on a quarter-on-quarter basis.
- What is the GDP growth of India for the financial year 2019-20 as per the American multinational banking firm, Goldman Sachs.
1) 7.1 per cent
2) 7.4 per cent
3) 7.2 per cent
4) 7.5 per cent
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) 7.2 per cent
According to American multinational banking firm, Goldman Sachs , India’s economic growth is estimated to rise to 7.2 per cent in 2019-20.It will be driven by lower oil prices, political stability and removal of infrastructure bottlenecks. The report came a day after the policy review by RBI, in which policy rates were cut by 0.25 per cent to increase growth. This is higher than the RBI’s projection for a 7 per cent growth, on the “downside” because of non-bank lenders.Lending by non-banking entities grew at 26 per cent in third quarter of 2018 , which has slipped to 20 per cent in the succeeding quarter .
- Who is set to receive the 2019 Global Leadership award along with NASDAQ ‘s (National Association of Securities Dealers Automated Quotations) President Adena Friedman ?
1) Sundar Pichai
2) Vijay K. Thadani
3) Dikesh Malhotra
4) C Vijayakumar
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Sundar Pichai
On June6, 2019, American multinational technology company ,Google’s India-born CEO Sundar Pichai (46) and NASDAQ ‘s (National Association of Securities Dealers Automated Quotations) President Adena Friedman (50) were chosen for the prestigious Global Leadership Awards 2019. They were chosen by business advocacy group US-India Business Council (USIBC) for “catalyzing growth in the US-India commercial corridor”.
- Which manufacturing unit of Indian railways, was awarded with best performing Production Unit in the field of environment on 6th June, 2019?
1) Diesel Locomotive Works (DLW), Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
2) Rail Wheel Factory, Yelahanka, Karnataka
3) Rail Coach Factory (RCF), Rae Bareli, Uttar Pradesh
4) Rail Coach Factory (RCF), Kapurthala, Punjab
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Rail Wheel Factory, Yelahanka, Karnataka
On June 6 , 2019 ,According to the report on achievements of environment management of Indian railways , “Environmental Sustainability Annual Report 2018-19”, stated that best performing Production Unit in the field of environment was awarded to Rail Wheel Factory, Yelahanka, Karnataka. Ministry of Railway observed World Environment Day on June 6.
- Who was elected as the Prime Minister of Thailand ?
1) Surayud Chulanont
2) Somchai Wongsawat
3) Thanathorn Juangroongruangkit
4) Prayuth Chan-ocha
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Prayuth Chan-ocha
Thailand Parliament, elected Prayuth Chan-ocha of Palang Pracharat party as Prime Minister for a second term.He defeated Thanathorn Juangroongruangkit, leader of Future Forward party by a margin of 500 to 244 votes. His appointment will be announced official when crowned King Maha Vajiralongkorn of Thailand endorse it.Prayuth Chan-ocha was a chief of staff of the Royal Thai Army from 2008 to 2009 and in 2009 he was appointed honorary adjutant to the king.In 2010, he succeeded Anupong Paochinda as commander in chief and also headed the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO).
- Name the former Chief Election Commissioner, who has been appointed as electoral officer to supervise the BCCI elections that is to be held on October 22 .
1) R. K. Trivedi
2) Sukumar Sen
3) N Gopalaswami
4) T. S. Krishnamurthy
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) N Gopalaswami
N Gopalaswami, former Chief Election Commissioner has been appointed as electoral officer to supervise the BCCI’s Annual General Meeting (AGM) election that is to be held on October 22.Committee of Administrators (CoA), which was appointed by the Supreme Court, met at the BCCI headquarters to discuss the road map for the elections.The members of the Committee of Administrators (CoA) nominated by Supreme Court on 30 January 2017 to look after the administration of the BCCI in order to implement Lodha Committee reforms are Vinod Rai, Ramachandra Guha, Vikaram Limaye and Diana Edulji.
- Which country has secured the hosting rights of the 2023 Asia Cup by Asian Football Confederation (AFC) ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) China
Asian Football Confederation (AFC), confirmed that China will host the 2023 Asia Cup.This will be the second time china is hosting the quadrennial continental tournament, after the 2004 edition. Earlier Korea was competing with china for hosting rights but it took back to concentrate on securing the hosting rights for the 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup.China ranked 74th in the FIFA’s rankings and once qualified for the World Cup in 2002.
- Name the Indian footballer, who becomes the most capped football player surpassing the former Indian captain Bhaichung Bhutia.
1) Sandesh Jhingan
2) Sunil Chhetri
3) Balwant Singh
4) Udanta Singh
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Sunil Chhetri
Indian professional footballer Sunil Chhetri has been named most capped football player. He surpassed the former Indian captain Bhaichung Bhutia’s 107 international matches. He has played today his 108 matches for India. He has scored 69th goal for his side in King’s Cup football tournament in Buriram, Thailand.He made his international debut in 2005 and scored his first goal against Pakistan.He is popularly known as Captain Fantastic, having scored the 2nd highest number of goals in international matches among active players after Cristiano Ronaldo.He currently plays club football for Bengaluru FC in the Indian Super League.
- Former news editor, Laldingliana Sailo passed away recently. He was associated with which broadcasters ?
2) All India Radio
3) The Hindu
4) 1 & 2
5) 2 & 3Answer – 4) 1 & 2
Laldingliana Sailo (76), the former Doordarshan and All India Radio (AIR) news editor, has passed away in Aizawl at the age of 76.He hails from Aizawl.He is a senior Indian Information Service (IIS) officer.He was first inducted as an Field Publicity Officer under the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting in the year 1972 and then first posted in Arunachal Pradesh Tawang.At the time of retirement he was a Director in the Directorate of Field Publicity for Kohima Region.
- What was the theme of the Word Ocean day that was observed on June 8, 2019?
1) Theme – ‘Encouraging solutions for a healthy ocean’
2) Theme – ‘Preventing plastic pollution’
3) Theme – ‘Gender and the Ocean’
4) Theme – ‘Our oceans, our responsibility’
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Theme – ‘Gender and the Ocean’
Annually on June, 8, The world celebrates Oceans Day to raise awareness of the challenges humanity facing to protect the world’s ocean.The theme of World Ocean Day 2019 is ‘Gender and the Ocean’. Since 2002, The ocean project has promoted and coordinated World Oceans Day globally . In 2008, UN (United Nations) had designated 8th June as World Oceans Day.
- World Brain Tumor Day is observed annually on ____________?
1) June 7
2) June 8
3) June 6
4) June 5
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) June 8
On 8th June 2019, World Brain Tumor Day was observed all over the world. This day is observed on 8th June every year since 2000 by German Brain Tumour Association (Deutsche Hirntumorhilfe e.V.), a nonprofit organisation. This day is observed on 8th June every year since 2000. It aimed at creating awareness among the public about brain and also focuses on helping people suffering from brain tumor. Brain tumor is a cancerous or non-cancerous mass or growth of abnormal cells in the brain.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- Who is the president of Asian Football Confederation (AFC) ?Salman bin Ibrahim Al Khalifa
- What is the Capital and Currency of Thailand ?Capital – Bangkok & Currency – Thai baht
- Where is the headquarter of US-India Business Council (USIBC) located?Washington, D.C., United States
- Who is the CEO of Goldman Sachs ?David M. Solomon
- What is the tagline of YES Bank ?Experience our Expertise