AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs June 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2019 updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs June 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs May 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
- Who is the chairperson of the government’s policy think tank, National Institution for Transforming India (NITI) Aayog ?
1) Piyush Goyal
2) Rajiv Kumar
3) Narendra Modi
4) Amit Shah
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Narendra Modi
On June 6, 2019, Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi approved the reconstitution of government’s policy think tank, National Institution for Transforming India (NITI) Aayog. It is scheduled to meet on June 15 for the first time after the Modi government won a second term. Now, the Chairperson of NITI Aayog will be the Prime Minister. Rajiv Kumar was retained as the Vice Chairman of NITI Aayog whereas economist Bibek Debroy, a full-time member, was dropped from the team. V K Saraswat, Ramesh Chand, and Dr V K Paul will continue as the full-time members of NITI Aayog.
- Where was the joint meeting of the Board of Trade and the Council for Development and Promotion held ?
4) New Delhi
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) New Delhi
A joint meeting of the Board of Trade and the Council for Development and Promotion, organized by the Ministry of Commerce and Industry and the Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT) was held in New Delhi. Piyush Goyal, Union Minister of Commerce and Industry and Railways has asked the industry and export bodies to stop depending on subsidies and grants from the Central Government and make the industry more competitive and self-reliant.This is the first meeting after Piyush Goyal became the Union Minister of Commerce and Industry following Suresh Prabhu.The meeting was attended by many ministries such as Textiles, MSME Agriculture, Information Technology, NITI Aayog and other Ministries of government.
- Who inaugurated the exhibition titled “Unknown Masterpieces of Himachal Folk Art”, at National Museum, New Delhi ?
1) Prahalad Singh Patel
2) Rameswar Teli
3) Pratap Chandra Sarangi
4) Santosh Kumar Gangwar
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Shri Prahalad Singh Patel
The Minister of State for Culture & Tourism, Shri Prahalad Singh Patel inaugurated exhibition “Unknown Masterpieces of Himachal Folk Art”, at National Museum, New Delhi.The exhibition is organized by the National Museum, New Delhi and Home of Folk Art of Tribal, Gurugram.More than 240 artifacts will be displayed. Out of this 230 objects belong to the personal lifetime collection of Late K.C. Aryan.
- Food grains production stood at __________ million tones, as per the 3rd Advance Estimates of production of major crops for 2018-19 by the Department of Agriculture, Cooperation and Farmers Welfare ?
1) 285.37 million tonnes
2) 283.37 million tonnes
3) 287.37 million tonnes
4) 289.37 million tonnes
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) 283.37 million tonnes
On June 3, 2019, The Department of Agriculture, Cooperation and Farmers Welfare under the Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare released the 3rd Advance Estimates of production of major crops for 2018-19. The data was based on the feedback received from States and validated with information available from other sources. As per 3rd Advance Estimates, the estimated production of major crops during 2018-19 is as follows:Food grains production stood at 283.37 million tonnes, which was higher by 17.62 million tonnes than the previous five years’ (2013-14 to 2017-18) average production of food grain.
- Which disease was reviewed by Dr Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare(MoHWF) recently in Kerala ?
1) Marburg Virus Disease (MVD)
2) Measles Virus Disease (MVD)
3) Nipah Virus Disease (NVD)
4) Lassa Virus Disease (LVD)
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Nipah Virus Disease (NVD)
Dr Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare(MoHWF), reviewed the status of Nipah Virus Disease (NVD) in Kerala along with Ms. Preeti Sudan, Secretary (HFW) and the Ministry officials. As of now, 15 people are under observation in the state.Since June 4, 2019, Strategic Health Operation Centre (SHOC) at National Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) has been activated and it is coordinating activities for Nipah containment.District Control Room was set up in the Collector Office. The Helpline No. is 04842425200.On June 7, 2019, the Health Minister of Kerala, Smt. K K Shailaja met the Union Minister of Health & Family Welfare Dr. Harsh Vardhan to discuss the status and preparedness of the State for containment and management of Nipah Virus Disease.
- Which country has signed with Indian Air Force(IAF) worth Rs 300-crore deal for the supply of more than 100 SPICE bombs (Balakot bombs) ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Israel
On June 6, 2019, The Indian Air Force (IAF) inked Rs 300-crore deal with the Israeli government to buy more than 100 SPICE bombs (Balakot bombs). The newly ordered SPICE bombs are an advanced version of SPICE-2000 bombs, that were used to attack the Madrasa of Jaish-e-Mohammed in Balakot, Pakistan, on February 26, 2019. They will be delivered in the next 3 months as the deal has been signed under emergency powers.They are manufactured by Israeli defence firm, Rafael Advanced Defence Systems.
- Where will be the United Nations Equator Prize 2019 felicitated on 24 September 2019?
1) New York City, US
2) Washington, D.C., US
3) NewDelhi, India
4) Mumbai, India
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) New York City, US
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and partners announced the winners of the10th Equator Prize 2019. It recognized 22 local and indigenous communities from across the world.T he winners were selected from a pool of 847 nominations across 127 countries in a four-stage selection process by an independent Technical Advisory Committee of internationally renowned experts. Winners will each receive $10,000 and the opportunity for two community representatives to join a week-long summit in New York during the 74th United Nations General Assembly (UNGA).They will be awarded at the Equator Prize Award Ceremony on 24 September 2019, at the Town Hall theatre in Midtown Manhattan, New York City, US.
- Name the Telangana based NGO, which bagged the United Nation’s Equator Prize for 2019.
1) Rural Health Care Foundation
2) Deccan Development Society (DDS)
3) Desire Society
4) Rural Development Society
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Deccan Development Society (DDS)
The women sangams (groups) of the Deccan Development Society (DDS) bagged the United Nation’s Equator Prize for 2019. They were selected for standing as ‘an outstanding example of a local, nature-based solution to climate change and sustainable development.’ The six women farmers are Maisanagari Ratnamma, Begari Tuljamma, Chilkapalli Ansuyamma, Nagwar Sunandamma, Yerrolla Kanakamma, and Nadimidoddi Anjamma.
- Which Government programme, has led to reduce ground water contamination as per the UNICEF study titled “Environmental impact of the Swachh Bharat Mission on Water, Soil, and Food” ?
1) Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana
2) Smart Cities Mission
3) Swachh Bharat Abhiyan
4) Digital India
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Swachh Bharat Abhiyan
According to the study on “Environmental impact of the Swachh Bharat Mission on Water, Soil, and Food” by United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation shows Swachh Bharat has reduced groundwater contamination.The study showed that in terms of faecal contamination, non-ODF (Open Defecation Free) villages were, on average 11.25 times more likely to have their groundwater sources contaminated (12.7 times more from contaminants traceable to humans alone).1.13 times more likely to have their soil contaminated.1.48 times more likely to have food contaminated iv. 2.68 times more likely to have household drinking water contaminated. v. The study was released on the World Environment Day June 5, 2019.
- Name the singer, who has become the world’s richest female musician according to the Forbes magazine with an estimated fortune of $600 million .
1) Nicki Minaj
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Rihanna
Singer Rihanna of age 31 is named as the world’s richest female according to the Forbes magazine with an estimated fortune of $600 million. She overtook Madonna and Beyonce who topped the list previously. She is from Barbados. She is the owner of Fenty Beauty, a cosmetics brand. She is also the first woman to have a clothing range with French company MoÃ«t Hennessy Louis Vuitton (LVMH).
- Who is the author of the novel titled “An American Marriage”, for which she received Women’s Prize for Fiction worth $40,000 ?
1) Tayari Jones
2) Toni Morrison
3) Alice Walker
4) Donna Tartt
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Tayari Jones
US Novelist Tayari Jones received Women’s Prize for Fiction worth $40,000 for her novel An American Marriage. The novel was praised by Barack Obama and Oprah Winfrey. This is her fourth novel based on a middle-class black couple torn apart by injustice. She also received Aspen Words Literary Prize for the same novel in April 2019.
- Name the organization, whose founder and Executive Chairman Azim Premji is set to retire on June 30, 2019 .
1) Larsen & Toubro
4) HCL Technologies
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Wipro
The founder of Wipro, Azim Premji, aged 74, will retire as Executive Chairman of Wipro on July 30, 2019. Although he will retire from the Executive functions as Chairman and Managing Director but will remain on the board as Non-Executive Chairman for a period of 5 years from July 31 – July 30, 2024. His elder son, Rishad Premji, who is the chief strategy officer and a board member, will take over as Whole-Time Director and designated Executive Chairman of the company.The Chief Executive officer(CEO), Abidali Neemuchwala will be re-designated as CEO and Managing Director(MD). The changes will be effective on July 31, 2019.Azim Premji, who served Wipro for 53 years, had won special Economic Times (ET) Award for philanthropy in 2010 and ET’s Lifetime Achievement Award in 2013. The Azim Premji Foundation was the recipient of the ET Corporate Citizen Award in 2006.
- Name the first South Asian American woman to preside over the US House of Representatives as a temporary speaker .
1) Shivana Jorawar
2) Jayshree Ullal
3) Pramila Jayapal
4) Mira Nair
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Pramila Jayapal
Indian-American Pramila Jayapal of age 53, a Democrat from Washington DC set a record by becoming first South Asian American woman to preside over the US House of Representatives as a temporary speaker. She was first elected in 2016. The Congress holds about 17 Asian Americans, with 14 in the House and three in the Senate.
- Which armed force has launched an online platform, Retired Officers Digital Records Archive (RODRA)(https://rodra.gov.in)for a better connection with armed forces veteran officers and family pensioners ?
1) Indian Army
2) Indian Navy
3) Indian Air Force
4) All the above
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Indian Army
Army launched an online platform, Retired Officers Digital Records Archive (RODRA), https://rodra.gov.in with an aim to have a better connection with armed forces veteran officers and family pensioners. The website provides facilities such as updating records, registration, and tracking of documents and pension-related grievances and communicating regarding various issues.It will act as an interface between the custodian of officers’ records, AG/MP 5&6 and veteran officers, next of kin (NOK).The website saves manpower, stationery, and postal charges by discontinuing Pension Payment Order (PPOs), which is now available in the website itself.
- Which country has launched “Long March 11 rocket “ for the first time to space from a platform on a large semi-submersible barge in the Yellow Sea?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) China
On June 5, 2019, For the first time, China’s National Space Administration (CNSA) successfully launched “Long March 11 rocket “, a rocket to space from a ship at sea. It was launched from a platform on a large semi-submersible barge in the Yellow Sea. It carried on board a cargo of 7 rockets, including 5 designed for commercial use and 2 include experimental payloads for space-based research.The 2 larger satellites, named Bufeng-1A and Bufeng-1B built by the China Academy of Space Technology in Beijing, will monitor ocean winds to help improve weather forecasts.Other payloads included an Earth-imaging CubeSat, an experimental communications satellite called Tianqi-3, China’s first two Ka-band communications satellites, and a new satellite for China’s Jilin-1 remote-sensing satellite constellation.
- Name the experimental Ebola drug, which is found to cure Nipah virus as per study published in Science Translational Medicine from National Institutes of Health scientists and colleagues.
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Remdesivir
An experimental Ebola drug ‘remdesivir’ is found to cure Nipah virus also according to the new study published in Science Translational Medicine from National Institutes of Health scientists and colleagues. The drug was developed by Gilead Sciences, Inc. in collaboration with scientists from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).Nipah is a zoonotic virus which is transmitted from animals such as bats or pigs to humans and can also spread through contaminated food and people-to-people contact. In May 2018, it has claimed 17 lives in Kerala.
- Name the deceased musician, who won grammy award six time.
1) Lari White
2) Malcolm John Rebennack
3) Dolores O’Riordan
4) Micki Varro
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Malcolm John Rebennack
Musician Malcolm John Rebennack died at the age of 77 due to a heart attack. Dr John was nominated for 15 Grammy Awards and won six of them. He hailed from New Orleans, US state of Louisiana. He has recorded about 20 albums. He is known for blues, pop, jazz, boogie-woogie, and rock and roll.
- What was the theme of first-ever World Food Safety Day 2019 ?
1) Theme – “Building partnerships through global food value Chain”
2) Theme – “Shaping a New India”
3) Theme – “International Food and Hospitality”
4) Theme – “Food Safety, everyone’s business”
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Theme – “Food Safety, everyone’s business”
The first-ever World Food Safety Day was celebrated on June 7, 2019. It was adopted by the United Nations General Assembly in December 2018. The theme of the year is “Food Safety, everyone’s business”. On this occasion, an event was launched in New York with a panel discussion. The initiative is linked to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) namely: Goal 2: To end hunger, all forms of malnutrition, and double agricultural productivity. Goal 3: To prevent diseases and improve health and well being for all. Goal 12: To move towards sustainable practices of consumption and production. Goal 17: Strengthen global partnerships (including trade laws) to grow sustainably.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- Who is the Chief of Air Staff (CAS) of India ?Air Chief Marshal Birender Singh Dhanoa
- Where was the National Museum of India located?New Delhi
- Who is the Director General of World Health Organization ?Dr.Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus
- When was the Indian policy think tank, National Institution for Transforming India (NITI) Aayog set up ?2015
- Who is the Minister In-charge of Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare ?Narendra Singh Tomar