AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs June 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2019 updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs June 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs May 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
- How many cabinet Committees were reconstituted by the government recently under the transaction of business rules ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Eight
On June 6, 2019, Under the Transaction of Business Rules, the Central Government has reconstituted eight key Cabinet Committees. These include -Appointments Committee, Committees on Accommodation, Economic Affairs, Parliamentary Affairs, Political Affairs, Security, Investment and Growth and Cabinet Committee on Employment and Skill Development.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi was not a member of which of the following committee?
1) Cabinet Committee on Accommodation
2) Cabinet Committee on Parliamentary Affairs
3) Cabinet Committee on Investment and Growth
4) Both 1 & 2
5) Both 2 & 3Answer – 4) Both 1 & 2
Prime Minister Narendra Modi was not a member of Cabinet Committee on Accommodation and Cabinet Committee on Parliamentary Affairs.
- Who will head the newly constituted Cabinet Committee on Parliamentary Affairs ?
1) Rajnath Singh
2) Nirmala Sitharaman
3) Ramvilas Paswan
4) Narendra Singh Tomar
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Rajnath Singh
Cabinet Committee on Parliamentary Affairs will have Shri Rajnath Singh Minister of Defence;Shri Amit Shah, Minister of Home Affairs. Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman, Minister of Finance; Minister of Corporate Affairs; Shri Ramvilas Paswan, Minister of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution; Shri Narendra Singh Tomar, Minister of Agriculture &Farmer Welfare, Minister of Rural Development, and Minister of Panchayati Raj; Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad, Minister of Communications and Information Technology and Minister of Law and Justice; Shri Thawar Chand Gehlot, Minister of Social Justice & Empowerment; Shri Prakash Javadekar, Minister of Environment, Forest & Climate Change; Minister of Information & Broadcasting; Shri Prahlad Joshi, Minister of Parliamentary Affairs and Minister of Coal and Mines. It will be headed by Rajnath Singh. The Special Invitees are Arjun Ram Meghwal and V Muraleedharan.
- Who chaired the high level meeting to review the status of Revised National Tuberculosis Control Program (RNTCP) held in New Delhi ?
1) Venkaiah Naidu
2) Dr.Harsh Vardhan
3) Narendra Modi
4) Ram Nath Kovind
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Dr.Harsh Vardhan
On June 4, 2019, Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare, Dr.Harsh Vardhan held a high level meeting to review the status of the Revised National Tuberculosis Control Program (RNTCP) in New Delhi.At the meeting, the ministry directed all the officials to take a necessary step as “Mission Mode” to eliminate TB (Tuberculosis).The mission includes all stakeholders to come together to make India free of tuberculosis by 2025.The ministry further suggested that innovative approaches should be taken to address TB. The slogan for TB-Free India is “TB Harega Desh Jitega”.
- Which country has signed an Tax Information Exchange Agreement (TIEA) with India on 18th March 2016?
1) Marshall Islands
2) Solomon Islands
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Marshall Islands
The Agreement between the Government of India and the Government of the Marshall Islands for the Exchange of Information with respect to taxes was signed on 18th March, 2016 at Majuro, the Republic of the Marshall Islands. The Indian-Marshall Tax Information Exchange Agreement (TIEA) was notified to the gazette of India.The agreement provides a framework for the exchange of Information in tax matters which helps in tax evasion and tax avoidance.It provides information like banking and ownership between two countries for tax purposes.
- Which Indian city topped the “Traffic Index 2018” and becomes congested city among 403 cities in 56 countries ?
2) New Delhi
5) None of theseAnswer – 3)Mumbai
On June 5, 2019, The recent study “Traffic Index 2018”, analysis of the current status of traffic mobility was conducted by location technology specialist TomTom.According to the findings, Mumbai is the most traffic-congested city among 403 cities in 56 countries with a congestion level of 65 percent, while New Delhi ranked fourth with congestion of 58 percent. ii. The other top cities in the list of congested cities are Bogota (63 percent), Lima in Peru (58 percent), Moscow in Russia(56 Percent), Brussels (37 Percent), London (37 Percent) and Paris (36 percent). iii. Top five most congested North American are in the list are Mexico City (52 per cent), Los Angeles (41 per cent), Vancouver (38 per cent), New York (36 per cent) and San Francisco (34 per cent).
- What is the revised Repo rate as per the second bi-monthly monetary policy rates 2019-20?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) 5.75%
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) announced its second Bi-Monthly Monetary Policy Rates for 2019-20 in Mumbai on June 6, 2019. The three-day policy review meeting by the six members of Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) was headed by RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das with the members Dr Chetan Ghate, Dr Pami Dua, Dr Ravindra H. Dholakia, Dr Michael Debabrata Patra, Dr Viral V Acharya. The next monetary policy statement is scheduled from August 5-7, 2019.
Repo Rate 5.75% Reserve Repo Rate 5.50 Marginal Standing Facility(MSF) Rate 6.0% Bank Rate 6.0%
- What is GDP growth of India forecasted by RBI’s monetary policy committee (MPC)?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) 7%
The RBI’s MPC (monetary policy committee) lowered its Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth forecast to 7% from 7.2% for FY 20 due to a slowdown in domestic activities and escalation in global trade war. In the April monetary policy, the growth of Gross Domestic Product (GDP) for 2019-20 was projected at 7.2% – in the range of 6.8-7.1% for the first half of the fiscal and 7.3-7.4% for the second part – with risks evenly balanced.
- Retail Inflation was recently forecasted to _________% for the first half of the current fiscal year(Apr-Sep)2019 by Reserve Bank of India(RBI) ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) 3-3.1%
RBI raised the Retail Inflation Forecast marginally to 3-3.1% for the first half of the current fiscal due to a rise in food prices mainly vegetables. It forecasted risks to inflation trajectory from monsoon uncertainties, an unseasonal spike in vegetable prices, crude oil prices, financial market volatility, and fiscal scenario. In the first bi-monthly policy, it had forecasted that the retail inflation will be hovering in the range of 2.9-3% for six months till September.
- Which organization released a report on “Benchmarking India’s Payment Systems” which provides a comparative position of the payment ecosystem in India relative to comparable payment systems ?
1) Securities and Exchange Board of India(SEBI)
2) Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority(IRDAI)
3) Reserve Bank of India(RBI)
4) Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority(PFRDA)
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Reserve Bank of India(RBI)
On June 4, 2019, The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) released a report on “Benchmarking India’s Payment Systems”. It provides a comparative position of the payment ecosystem in India.RBI had undertaken an exercise of benchmarking India’s Payment’s system compared to the payment systems of advanced economies, Asian economies and the BRICS nations. The analysis was conducted under 41 indicators. It covered 21 broad areas including regulation, oversight, payment systems, payment instruments, payment infrastructure, utility payments, Government payments, customer protection and grievance redressal, securities settlement and clearing systems and cross border personal remittances.
- Which of the following modes of online transaction charges are waived off recently by Reserve Bank of India ?
i. National Electronic Fund Transfer (NEFT)
ii. Electronic Clearing System (ECS)
iii. Real Time Gross Settlement (RTGS)
iv. Immediate Payment Service (IMPS)
1) Option i & iii
2) Option i & ii
3) Option i,ii & iii
4) All the above
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Option i & iii
The Reserve Bank of India(RBI) has removed the charges levied on Real Time Gross Settlement (RTGS) and National Electronic Funds Transfer (NEFT) transactions to boost digital payments.At present, the banks levy minimum charges for transactions done through RTGS system for large-value (Rs 2 lakh and above) instantaneous fund transfers and NEFT System for other fund transfers (below Rs 2 lakh).The RBI has decided to set up a committee headed by Chief Executive Officer(CEO) of Indian Banks Association(IBA), V.G. Kannan, to examine the scope of Automated Teller Machines(ATM) charges and fees. The committee is supposed to submit its recommendations within two months of its first meeting and the composition & terms of reference will be issued within a week.
- Name the bank which has partnered with Ashok Leyland, Hinduja Group flagship firm for providing vehicle loans .
1) Capital Small Finance Bank Ltd
2) Equitas Small Finance Bank Ltd
3) Ujjivan Small Finance Bank Ltd.
4) Suryoday Small Finance Bank
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Suryoday Small Finance Bank
On June 4, 2019, Ashok Leyland, Hinduja Group flagship firm, partnered with Suryoday Small Finance Bank to provide vehicle loans.Under this partnership, Suryoday Small Finance Bank will provide end-to-end financial solutions to the customers of Ashok Leyland for auto loans across India.The strategic financing partnership agreement was signed for 3 years.
- Which organization has launched the new Index to measure fiscal performance titled ‘Fiscal Performance Index'(FPI) ?
1) World Economic Forum
2) Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)
3) Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry(FICCI)
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)
Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) has launched a new Index to measure fiscal performance titled ‘Fiscal Performance Index’(FPI). It uses multiple indicators to assess the quality of budgets presented by the Centre and state governments. Key Points: FPI has been constructed using the United Nations Development Programme’s (UNDP) Human Development Index methodology. It comprises of 6 components. As per the new index, expenditure on infrastructure, education, healthcare and other social sectors are considered to be beneficial for economic growth.
- Name the Indian metro, which became India’s first ever project to receive power from a waste-to-energy plant .
1) Kolkata Metro Rail Corporation(KMRC)
2) Mumbai Metro Rail Corporation(MMRC)
3) Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC)
4) Chennai Metro Rail Corporation (CMRC)
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC)
Delhi Metro became India’s the first ever project to receive power from a waste-to-energy plant. The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) started receiving 2 MW power from a 12 MW capacity waste-to-energy plant set up in Ghazipur, Uttar Pradesh. Since June, DMRC received the power from the facility, utilized at the Vinod Nagar Receiving Sub-station (RSS) to meet the operational requirements of Pink Line of Delhi Metro.It will use approximately 17.5 million units per annum from the plant.The waste-to-energy plant was set up by East Delhi Waste Processing Company Limited (EDWPCL). It is based on a Public Private Partnership (PPP) between the Delhi government and East Delhi Municipal Corporation (EDMC).
- Name the Jal Shakti Minister, who presented awards to the winners of Ganga Quest 2019 on the occasion of World Environment Day 2019 .
1) Gajendra Singh Shekhawat
2) Ram Vilas Paswan
3) Narendra Singh Tomar
4) Thaawar Chand Gehlot
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Gajendra Singh Shekhawat
On June 5, 2019, In an event organized by National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) to celebrate World Environment Day 2019, Union Minister for Jal Shakti, Shri Gajendra Singh Shekhawat, presented the awards to the winners of Ganga Quest 2019, a month-long online quiz organized for awareness and knowledge dissemination about river Ganga in the presence of Shri U.P. Singh, Secretary, and Shri Rajiv Ranjan Mishra, Director General, NMCG along with other senior officials of the ministry.
- Who became the world’s 1st billionaire rapper as per the forbes magazine ?
1) Snoop Dogg
2) Kanye West
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Jay-Z
As per Forbes Magazine, Jay-Z, whose real name is Sean Carter, was named as World’s 1st Billionaire Rapper. The 49 years older rapper, husband of the singer Beyonce, has a wealth of $1bn (£800m). Forbes has estimated the wealth by adding various assets and then “subtracting a healthy amount to account for a superstar lifestyle”.He was born on December 4, 1969, in Brooklyn, New York, US.He made his debut in 1996 through the album “Reasonable Doubt”.
- Which entity has appointed P Jayadevan as the Executive Director for Tamil Nadu and Puducherry ?
1) Hindustan Petroleum
2) Bharat Petroleum
3) Indian Oil Corporation Ltd(IOCL)
4) Oil and Natural Gas Corporation(ONGC)
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Indian Oil Corporation Ltd
P Jayadevan has been appointed as the executive director of Indian Oil Corporation Ltd for Tamil Nadu and Puducherry succeeding R Sitharthan. He will be coordinating the oil company.He was previously heading Chairman’s Secretariat at the corporate office, New Delhi. Prime Minister’s Aadhaar Excellence Award was awarded to him for his contribution.
- Who was elevated to an Additional Director General (ADG) rank of Tekanpur-based academy of Border Security Force (BSF)?
1) S. S. Brijwal
2) S S Chahar
3) K. K. Verma
4) Navin Ram
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) S S Chahar
S S Chahar, 1983-batch BSF-cadre officer is appointed as an Additional Director General (ADG) of the Border Security Force (BSF)’s academy based in Tekanpur, Madhya Pradesh till 2021. He hails from Agra and 13th person to be elevated to this post. He has received honors like the Vishisht Seva Medal (VSM) and police medals for meritorious and distinguished services.
- Tijjani Muhammad-Bande, who has been elected as President of the 74th session of the United Nations General Assembly(UNGA) , is from which African country?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Nigeria
Nigeria’s Ambassador to the UN Tijjani Muhammad-Bande was elected as the President for the 74th session of United Nations General Assembly (UNGA). He will be succeeding Maria Fernanda Espinosa. He is the second Nigerian UNGA president after Joseph Nanven Garba.He stated that the major priorities will be the implementation of the existing mandates and the 2030 Agenda with particular focus on peace and security, poverty and education, zero hunger, quality education, climate action.
- Who was elected as the President of Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) ?
1) Gianni Infantino
2) Shaikh Salman bin Ebrahim Al Khalifa
3) Praful Patel
4) Kohzo Tashima
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Gianni Infantino
Swiss–Italian football administrator Gianni Infantino has been re-elected as President of Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIFA), a global governing body of football till 2023. He is a Lawyer from Valais region of Switzerland and holds Italian Nationality.He was elected President of FIFA in 2016.Prior to becoming FIFA President, he was the General Secretary of UEFA (Union of European Football Associations) since 2009.
- DSRV was in news recently, s stands for ___________?
1) S- Submarine
2) S- Sequencial
3) S-Search Jammer
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) S-Submergence
S stands for Submergence.Full form of DSRV is Deep Submergence Rescue Vehicle.This was in news recently when Indian Navy successfully conducted ‘live mating’ of submarine rescue system DSRV(Deep Submergence Rescue Vehicle) based at Visakhapatnam. It involved the transfer of personnel from the bottomed submarine, INS Sindhudhvaj. It was inducted into the Navy by the former Chief of the Naval Staff, Admiral Sunil Lanba in December 2018.
- Name the web mapping service, which launches three new public transport features in India.
2) Google Maps
3) Bing Maps
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Google Maps
On June 5, 2019, A web mapping service, Google map launched three India-First features targeted at Public transport users to access public transport quickly and easily. It stated that Google map users now can see the bus travel times from live traffic data across 10 cities, get to know the real-time train status on the platform as well as get commute suggestions that combine public transport and auto-rickshaws. The 10 cities are Delhi, Bangalore, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Pune, Lucknow, Chennai, Mysore, Coimbatore, and Surat.
- Where was the new species of dung beetle named “Enoplotrupes tawangensis” was found ?
2) Himachal Pradesh
3) Arunachal Pradesh
4) Madhya Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Tawang district, Arunachal Pradesh
New species of dung beetle Enoplotrupes tawangensis was found in Tawang district of Arunachal Pradesh. It is shining dark blue in colour and bigger than most of the dung beetles. It measured up to 27 mm. The details has been published in an international journal Oriental Insects.The specimens were first collected and examined by two scientists from the Zoological Survey of India (ZSI) – Kailash Chandra and Devanshu Gupta.Dung beetles belong to superfamily Scarabaeoidea and have clubbed antennae and pro-tibiae (pro-legs) modified for burrowing dung inside the soil. They are referred to as little recyclers as they help in nutrient cycling of the soil.
- Which country’s Junior women Hockey team clinched Cantor Fitzgerald U21 International 4-Nations title recently ?
4) South Africa
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) India
On June 4, 2019, Indian Junior Women Hockey team clinched Cantor Fitzgerald U21 International 4-Nations title by beating Ireland 1-0 in the final. The match was held at Dublin, Ireland.Mumtaz Khan is the highest goal scorer of this tournament.Gagandeep’s goal made the difference between the two sides, as India got 1-0 and took the title.
- Name the deceased first African American female doctor, who invented Cataract treatment .
1) Dr.May Edward Chinn
2) Dr.Roselyn Payne Epps
3) Dr.Sophia B. Jones
4) Dr. Patricia Bath
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Dr. Patricia Bath
Dr. Patricia Bath, pioneering ophthalmologist the first African American female doctor to invented a more precise treatment for cataracts died at the age of 76 due to cancer at University of California San Francisco medical center. She was from Harlem in New York City. Bath has five U.S. patents. She also authored more than 100 papers.
- Jaspal Inder Singh Kalra passed away recently, he was associated with which field ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Cooking
Jaspal Inder Singh Kalra known as Jiggs Kalra, celebrated chef and culinary revivalist passed away at the age of 71 in New Delhi. He has many titles like “Czar of Indian Cuisine” and “Tastemaker to the Nation”. The Government of India named him as an advisor to the India Trade Promotion Organization in 1997. He was born in May 21, 1948 in New Delhi. He was the first Asian to be inducted in the International Food and Beverage Gourmet Hall of Fame. Also, he was the first to conceptualize and host an Indian food based television series. ii. He was an author of 11 titles on Indian cuisine, including ‘Prashad,’ which is regarded as “the bible” for chefs.
- Birth anniversary of Maharana Pratap Singh was celebrated on ____________?
1) June 5
2) June 6
3) June 4
4) June 3
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) June 6
The birth anniversary of Maharana Pratap Singh, a Rajput king of Mewar is celebrated as Maharana Pratap Jayanti on June 6th. He is renowned as a true patriot who commenced the first war of independence. The year 2019 commemorated the 479th birth anniversary of the great warrior. He was the 13th Rajput king of Mewar, a province in modern-day Rajasthan.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- Who is the Chief of the Naval Staff ?Admiral Karambir Singh
- Where is the headquarter of Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) located ?Zurich, Switzerland
- Who is the chairman of Indian Oil Corporation Ltd(IOCL)?Sanjiv Singh
- What is the capital and currency of Marshall Islands ?Capital – Majuro & Currency – United States Dollar
- When did Government of India (GoI) launched National TB Programme?1962