AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs June 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2019 updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs June 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs May 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
- Name the Indian aircraft, which went missing with 13 people in Assam.
1) C-130J Super Hercules
2) Boeing 73
3) Antonov AN-32 Aircraft
4) Embraer Legacy 600
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Antonov AN-32 Aircraft
On June 3, 2019, IAF AN-32 Aircraft, taken off at 12.27 pm from Jorhat, Assam headed towards Mechuka in Arunachal Pradesh went missing with 13 people. The AN-32 was inducted into the IAF in the 1980s.The Aircraft consisted of 8 crew members, including 6 officers led by a Wing Commander and 5 passengers.The ground agencies had last contacted the aircraft at 1 pm following which the contact was lost.The search operations from air and ground parties of Indian Army have been undertaken. On the air, sources like C-130, AN-32 aircraft, two Mi-17 of IAF and Indian Army ALH helicopters were employed. On the ground, the Indo-Tibetan Border Police(ITBP), Border Roads Organization(BRO) and the state police were deployed.
- Which state high court declared the entire animal kingdom, including avian and aquatic ,as a legal entity having rights of a living person ?
4) Option 1 & 2
5) Option 2 & 3Answer – 4) Option 1 & 2
On June 2,2019 , The Haryana High court(HC) declared the entire animal kingdom, including avian and aquatic ,as a legal entity having rights of a living person. The verdict of Punjab and Haryana HC comes a year after Uttarakhand HC passed similar order to protect and promote greater welfare of animals.This decision was taken by Justice Rajiv Sharma.By invoking article 21 of the constitution the court stated that the animals can no longer be treated as objects or properties.The court also declared all citizens throughout Haryana as persons in loco parentis (meaning – in place of parent) giving them the responsibility to protect animals.The court also directed the state government to ensure that no animal shall carry weight or load in excess of the weights prescribed.It also bans the use of animals for drawing vehicles where the temperature exceeds 37°C (99°F).
- Which country topped the new SDG(Sustainable Development Goals) Gender Equality Index ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Denmark
The index accounted for 14 out of 17 SDGs. The countries were ranked with a score out of 100. A score of 50 signified that a country is about halfway to meet a goal.
Rank Country Score 1. Denmark 89.3 2. Finland 88.8 3. Sweden 88.0 4. Norway 87.7 5. Netherlands 86.8 6. Slovenia 86.5 7. Germany 86.2 8. Canada 85.8 9. Ireland 85.4 10. Australia 85.2
- What is the rank of India in new SDG(Sustainable Development Goals) Gender Equality Index ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) 95th
India was ranked 95th among 129 countries in new SDG(Sustainable Development Goals) Gender Equality Index with 56.2 scores. The gender gap index of the World Economic Forum had ranked India with 108.The index accounted for 14 out of 17 SDGs. The countries were ranked with a score out of 100. A score of 50 signified that a country is about halfway to meet a goal. The ranking found that 1.4 billion girls and women living in countries got a “very poor” grade. The global average score of the 129 countries, which represented 95% of the world’s girls and women, is 65.7 out of 100 (“poor” in the index). 2.8 billion girls and women live in countries that get either a “very poor” (59 and below) or “poor” score (60-69) on gender equality. Only 8% of the world’s population of girls and women live in countries which received a “good” gender equality score (80-89) and no country achieved an “excellent” overall score of 90 or above.
- Where was the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) organized the 14th Islamic Summit recently?
1) Dhaka, Bangladesh
2) Kabul, Afghanistan
3) Mecca, Saudi Arabia
4) Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Mecca, Saudi Arabia
14th Islamic Summit organized by Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) summit was held in Mecca, Saudi Arabia. It was hosted by Saudi King Salman bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud. The official agenda of the summit was to address current issues in the Muslim world and recent developments in a number of OIC member states. It discussed the regional security issues surrounded by the tensions between Iran and the US and its Gulf allies. It also focused on the question of Palestine- Islamophobia on countering extremism and terrorism and adopted a comprehensive strategy to combat Islamophobia.
- Who was appointed as the special envoy for Jammu & Kashmir by Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) ?
1) Farah Pandith
2) Abdul Basit
3) Syed Asif Ibrahim
4) Yousef Aldobeay
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Yousef Aldobeay
OIC appointed Yousef Aldobeay as its special envoy for Jammu & Kashmir. It extended the support for people of Jammu and Kashmir and towards achievement of their legitimate rights and called upon India to hold a referendum in J&K under the United Nations’ patronage. In a communique adopted during the summit, India slammed OIC for its reference to Jammu and Kashmir as “unacceptable”. It stated that OIC had no locus standi in matters relating to J&K and it should refrain from making such “unwarranted references”.
- Where was the fourth Quadrilateral Security Dialogue (QUAD) meeting held recently?
1) Bangkok, Thailand
2) Beijing, China
3) Jakarta, Indonesia
4) Moscow, Russia
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Bangkok, Thailand
The fourth Quadrilateral Security Dialogue (QUAD) meeting was recently held in Bangkok, Thailand. It is an informal strategic dialogue between the group of four countries – United States, India, Japan, and Australia .It was attended by senior officials of QUAD member countries. Countries held consultation on their collaborative efforts to advance a “free, open and inclusive Indo-Pacific region”, maritime security and good governance and also discussed the initiatives taken by each country to encourage transparent, principles-based investment in quality infrastructure.Meeting participants assured their support for ASEAN centrality and ASEAN-led regional architecture.
- Who received the first permanent residency – Golden Card, in Abu Dhabi ?
1) Hussain Sajwani
3) Saif Ahmad Al Ghurair
4) Mohamed Alabbar
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) M.A.Yusuffali
The first Golden card was given to UAE-based businessman, LuLu Group chairman M.A. Yusuffali. He has net worth of $4.7 billion and ranked as richest person in UAE by Forbes.Brigadier Saeed Salem Al Shamsi, Executive Director of the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs in Abu Dhabi, awarded the first permit.UAE has also announced that about 6800 investors with 100 billion Dirhams worth of investment will be provided with Golden Card in first batch.
- Who lead the 5-member panel constituted by Reserve Bank of India(RBI), which suggests 24×7 RTGS, NEFT, elimination of all charges in order to promote digital payments in India ?
1) H R Khan
2) Kishore Sansi
3) Nandan Nilekani
4) Aruna Sharma
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Nandan Nilekani
The Reserve Bank of India(RBI) appointed 5-member panel led by Nandan Nilekani recommended measures like 24×7 Real-Time Gross Settlement (RTGS) and National Electronic Funds Transfer (NEFT) facility, duty-free import of Point-of-sales(POS) machines and elimination of all charges in order to promote digital payments in India. Policy recommendations were made to all major regulators such as RBI, Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) , Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) and Department of Telecommunications (DoT) with the objective to reduce cash based payments.
- MDR was in news recently, M stands for ___________?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Merchant
M stands for Merchant.Full form of MDR is Merchant Discount Rate.
- As per the revised ‘Large Exposures Framework’ (LEF) norms, the sum of all the exposure values of a bank to a single counter-party should not be greater than ________% of the bank’s available eligible capital base at all times?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) 20%
The Reserve Bank of India(RBI) amended its norms on banks’ exposure to large borrowers with a view to reduce concentration of risk and align them with the global norms. It will help in lending to Non-Banking Financial Companies (NBFC) in an effective way and invite scrutiny on the structure of these entities.The modified ‘Large Exposures Framework’ (LEF) provides exclusion of entities connected with the sovereign from definition of group of connected counter-parties.As per the revised norms, the sum of all the exposure values of a bank to a single counter-party should not be greater than 20% of the bank’s available eligible capital base at all times. In exceptional cases, board of banks are allowed an additional 5% exposure of the bank’s available eligible capital base.
- Which country was terminated by U.S. from availing benefits of Generalized System of Preferences(GSP) scheme recently ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) India
On May 31, 2019, US President Donald Trump signed a proclamation to withdraw Generalized System of Preferences(GSP) scheme on $5.6 billion exports from India, effective from June 5, 2019. GSP allows emerging countries to export goods to the US without paying duties. It offered duty-free market access to more than 3,000 items exported from India.India is the world’s largest beneficiary of GSP from 1970s. The US had announced the withdrawal of special duty benefits under the Generalized System of Preferences (GSP) on March 5, 2019, effective from first week of May. But later it was postponed as India would get new Government. As per a study by the Federation of Indian Export Organizations(FIEO), India’s global merchandise exports for 2018 were $324.7 billion. It included $51.4 billion to the US. But only $6.35 billion of exports from India to the US benefited from the GSP scheme. Such exports were covered under 1921 US tariff lines.
- Which entity has signed an agreement with Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited and Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited for laying the world’s longest Liquefied petroleum gas pipeline from Kandla, Gujarat to Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh ?
1) Nayara Energy Limited
2) Chennai Petroleum Corporation Limited
3) Indian Oil Corporation Limited(IOCL)
4) Reliance Industries Limited
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Indian Oil Corporation Limited(IOCL)
On June 3, 2019, Indian Oil Corporation Limited(IOCL), Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL) and Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited(HPCL) signed an agreement to form a Joint Venture(JV) in New Delhi for laying the world’s longest Liquefied petroleum gas(LPG) pipeline from Kandla, Gujarat to Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh.IOCL BPCL and HPCL will hold 50%, 25% and 25% equity holding in the JV Company respectively.The 2,757-km cross-country pipeline will connect 3 major States with the west coast and 2 refineries at Koyali, Gujarat and Bina, Madhya Pradesh linking 22 LPG bottling plants in Gujarat(3), Madhya Pradesh (6) and Uttar Pradesh(13) which are owned by 3 Oil Marketing Companies (OMCs).Along with this, the pipeline will supply LPG to 21 more bottling plants in Rajasthan, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra and Uttar Pradesh through road-bridging.
- Name the organization, which has signed with Airports Authority of India (AAI) to jointly develop 10 year roadmap .
1) Lockheed Martin
3) Northrop Grumman
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Boeing
The National Airports body Airports Authority of India (AAI) signed technical assistance agreement with American multinational corporate , Boeing to jointly develop 10 year roadmap which will improve flexible use of airspace, enhance communication , surveillance and help maintaining efficient aircraft operations.This Project is being implemented with a grant from the United States Trade and Development Agency (USTDA).The acting Director of USTDA, Thomas Hardy said that Boeing will be working with Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA), domestic airlines and airports operators and other airspace stakeholders such as the US-India Aviation Cooperation Programme (ACP) .
- Which Indian actress was conferred with Kerala’s highest J C Daniel award for her contribution to Malayalam cinema?
3) Mamta Mohandas
4) Anju Aravind
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Sheela
Veteran actress Sheela was conferred with Kerala’s highest J C Daniel award for her contribution to Malayalam cinema at the kerala state film award function at Nisagandhi auditorium in Thiruvananthapuram. The award consists of 5 lakh cash prize, a citation and a plaque.In the previous years, Director Adoor Gopalakrishnan and lyricist Sreekumaran Thambi was honoured with this award.The award committee was chaired by noted filmmaker K S Seethumadhavan.Sheela made her debut as an actress with MG Ramachandran(MGR)-starrer Tamil movie ‘Pasam’.She won the state award for the movie ‘Kallichellamma’ in 1969.The actress also directed two movies named ‘Yakshaganam’ and ‘Sikharangal’ and authored the novel ‘Kuyilinte Koodu’.
- Name the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) of India, who was elected as external auditor of the World Health Organization (WHO) for four years from 2020 to 2023.
1) B N Srikrishna
2) Nandan Nilekani
3) Rajiv Mehrishi
4) Dhirendra Swarup
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Rajiv Mehrishi
The Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) of India, Rajiv Mehrishi is elected as external auditor of the World Health Organization (WHO) for four years from 2020 to 2023. He takes the charge from the Supreme Audit Institution of Philippines.He was elected in the 72nd World Health Assembly in Geneva with a majority of 90 votes out of 162 votes.Mehrishi is currently on the Board of Auditors of United Nations (UN) and Vice-Chair of the UN Panel of External Auditors (UNPEA).
- Who was appointed as the next High Commissioner of India to the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago ?
1) Navdeep Suri
2) Sanjay Rana
3) Satbir Singh
4) Arun Kumar Sahu
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Arun Kumar Sahu
On June 4,2019 ,the Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India announced the appointment of Arun Kumar Sahu as next High Commissioner of India to The Republic of Trinidad and Tobago. He is currently serving as Deputy High Commissioner in the High Commission of India, Ottawa. He will succeed Biswadip Dey.
- Mount Etna erupted recently, it is situated in which country?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Italy
Europe’s highest volcano Mount Etna erupted spitting molten lava in island of Sicily, Italy. It is the largest of the three volcano present in Italy others being, Mount Vesuvius and Mount Stromboli. It was added to United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) World Heritage Sites in June 2013.
- Who won the heavyweight champion and thus becoming the first Mexican heavyweight champion in the world?
1) Andres Ponce Ruiz Jr.
2) Fernando Vargas
3) Victor Ortiz
4) Manuel Ortiz
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Andres Ponce Ruiz Jr.
Mexican-American professional boxer Andres Ponce Ruiz Jr. becomes heavyweight champion after beating his opponent British professional boxer, Anthony Joshua at Madison Square Garden, New York.The win made Andres Ruiz the first Mexican heavyweight champion of the world.Ruiz also represented Mexico in two 2008 Beijing Olympic Games.
- Sidharth Rawat was associated with which sport ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Tennis
On June 2, 2019, Delhi based tennis player Sidharth Rawat defeated Japan’s Rio Noguchi with 7-5, 6-0 scores to secure his maiden title in $25,000 International Tennis Federation(ITF) men’s Futures Tennis Tournament held in Nonthaburi, Thailand.With this, he will improve the ATP (Association of Tennis Professionals) rank of 510. His career-best rank was 430.
- Name the deceased Arsenal and Spain football player, who won five Europa League titles and was part of Arsenal’s unbeaten “Invincibles” squad.
1) Cheick Tioté
2) José Antonio Reyes
3) Marc Vivien Foé
4) Antonio Puerta
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) José Antonio Reyes
José Antonio Reyes former Arsenal and Spain player died in a car accident at the age of 35. He was former Spain midfielder and won five Europa League titles and was part of Arsenal’s unbeaten “Invincibles” squad. He also won 21 international caps for Spain. He hails from spain.
- Who is the author of the book titled “Cricket World Cup: The Indian Challenge” launched by chief executive of the England and Wales Cricket Board, Tom Harrison ?
1) Sundeep Misra
2) Sujit Mukherjee
3) Ramachandra Guha
4) Ashis Ray
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Ashis Ray
The chief executive of the England and Wales Cricket Board, Tom Harrison launched the book – Cricket World Cup: The Indian Challenge, a book on world cup from Indian perspective by veteran broadcaster and writer Ashis Ray. The book covers all the matches played by India since inaugural world cup 44 years ago and all final and semi final matches of all team. It was published by Bloomsbury. The book has been launched during an event at the annual summit of the UK-based India Business Group at the Institute of Directors in London.
- International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression was observed annually on _______?
1) June 1
2) June 2
3) June 4
4) June 3
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) June 4
International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression was observed on June 4. It aims to spread awareness about the pain and sufferings faced by the children who are the victims of physical, mental and emotional abuse.On August 19, 1982, the UN General Assembly(UNGA) declared June 4 as International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression under the resolution ES-7/8 because large number of innocent Lebanese and Palestinian children became the victims of the aggressive acts of Israel.The 6 grave violations faced by children are recruitment and use of children in war, killing, sexual violence, abduction, attacks on schools and hospitals and denial of humanitarian access.On April 2, 2019, a campaign “Act to Protect Children affected by Conflict” was launched by Ms. Virginia Gamba, the Special Representative of the Secretary-General for Children and Armed Conflict to create awareness and implement action to protect children affected by war. It will be effective until the end of 2022.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- Where is the headquarter of UN General Assembly(UNGA) located ?New York, US
- Who is the President of International Tennis Federation(ITF)?David Haggerty
- Anamudi Shola National Park is located in which state?Kerala
- What are the member countries of QUAD (Quadrilateral Security Dialogue)?United States, India, Japan, and Australia
- Where is the headquarter of Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) situated ?Jeddah, Saudi Arabia