AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs June 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2019 updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs June 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs May 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
- Name the Deputy Prime Minister of the Russia, who visited India recently .
1) Dmitry Kozak
2) Alexey Gordeyev
3) Konstantin Chuychenko
4) Yury Trutnev
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Yury Trutnev
Mr. Yury Trutnev, Deputy Prime Minister of the Russian Federation and Presidential Plenipotentiary Envoy to the Far Eastern Federal District along with his delegation visited India from 15-19 June 2019. The visit was undertaken to help both sides to prepare for the visit of Prime Minister to Vladivostok, Russia to participate in the 5th edition of the Eastern Economic Forum (EEF) as the Chief Guest of the event which is scheduled between September 4 and 6, 2019
- Which organization organized a session on ‘Economic Policy – The Road Ahead’ , in which expert panel for macroeconomics and employment suggested ways to achieve $5 trillion economy ?
1) Securities and Exchange Board of India(SEBI)
2) National Institution for Transforming India(NITI) Aayog
3) National Development Council
4) Planning Commission
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) National Institution for Transforming India(NITI) Aayog
In order to make India a $5 trillion economy, expert panel for macroeconomics and employment suggested ways to achieve the target during an interaction with Prime Minister Narendra Modi. The Session is organized by The National Institution for Transforming India (NITI) Aayog, think tank of the government of India on ‘Economic Policy – The Road Ahead’ which saw participants of over 40 economists and sectoral experts.
- Which year is set by Government of India as the target year to end Tuberculosis (TB) ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) 2025
On June 24, 2019, Ashwini Kumar Choubey, Health, and Family Welfare Minister stated that the Government has developed an ambitious National Strategic Plan to end Tuberculosis (TB) by 2025. As per the Global TB report, India accounts for 27.4 lakh new TB cases annually which are 204 per lakh population for the year 2017.
- What is the rank of India in terms of Tuberculosis (TB) cases per lakh population globally ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) 35
India ranks 35th in the world in terms of TB cases per lakh population. iii. In 2018, Over 5 lakh 62 thousand patients were cured of TB.The Vision is of a TB free India is zero deaths, disease, and poverty due to tuberculosis.The Goal is to achieve a rapid decline in the burden of TB, mortality, and morbidity. The requirements for moving towards TB elimination in India have been arranged in four strategic areas of Detect, Treat, Prevent & Build.
- Which state government has released a Flood Hazard Atlas for efficient management of flood in the state ?
1) Tamil Nadu
3) Uttar Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Odisha
On June 22, 2019, The State Government of Odisha released a Flood Hazard Atlas for efficient management of flood in the state. It was released by the Odisha Chief Minister (CM) Naveen Patnaik. This is jointly prepared by the National Remote Sensing Centre (NRSC) of ISRO(Indian Space Research Organization) and Odisha State Disaster Management Authority (OSDAMA) analyzing data relating to flood from 2001 to 2018.
- Who is the head of 7 member core group constituted by Central Public Works Department (CPWD) to prepare a roadmap for implementation of a five-year “vision document” (STVD) ?
1) Manish Kumar
2) M K Sharma
3) C K Verma
4) lndu Gural Chaudhary
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) M K Sharma
The Central Public Works Department (CPWD), which comes under the ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA), constituted a seven-member core group chaired by Additional Director General (training & research) M K Sharma to prepare a roadmap for implementation of a five-year “vision document” (STVD) as directed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. The other members of the group are C K Verma, lndu Gural Chaudhary, Harish Kumar, Naimuddin, Manish Kumar and Rajesh Kumar. The core group has been asked to submit its report within 15 days.
- ‘goAML’, was in news recently, What does L stands for ______________ .
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Laundering
L stands for Laundering, the Full form of ‘goAML’ is global operations Anti-Money Laundering.
- Name the first gulf country, which has launched the new anti money laundering platform ‘goAML’, developed by United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) .
3) United Arab Emirates(UAE)
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) United Arab Emirates(UAE)
On June 23, 2019, The United Arab Emirates’ Central Bank in Abu Dhabi announced that its Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) launched a new reporting platform ‘goAML’ (global operations Anti-Money Laundering). It is developed by the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) to curb organised crimes. With this, it became the first country in the Gulf to launch this platform.In order to avoid penalties, all financial institutions in the UAE must register on the new platform by June 27, 2019. More than 900 entities including, banks, insurance companies and money exchange centres, are required to register on the platform.
- Name the country which issued a notice that their citizens require to keep a visa to enter India via Pakistan, China, Hong Kong and Macau.
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Nepal
The Nepalese Embassy in New Delhi issued a notice stating that Nepalese nationals must have a visa if they are entering India from Pakistan, China, Hong Kong and Macau. This was done to increase security in the country.It also notified that Nepalese nationals who travel to Gulf countries, including Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Oman, Bahrain and Lebanon are required to acquire No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the respective Nepalese Embassies.A traveller must submit an application to the respective embassy along with relevant documents, including employment permit, ticket and visa of the destination country, in order to get the NOC.
- Name the Automobile manufacturer in India, that has signed ‘Preferred Financier’ MoU with Bank of Baroda(BOB) to improve credit for dealership inventory financing .
1) Maruti Suzuki
2) Tata Motors
3) Mahindra & Mahindra
4) Ashok Leyland
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Maruti Suzuki
Automobile manufacturer in India, Maruti Suzuki signed ‘Preferred Financier’ MoU(Memorandum of understanding) with Indian multinational, public sector Bank, Bank of Baroda(BOB) to improve credit for dealership inventory financing. The alliance with Bank of Baroda will allow Maruti Suzuki to easy financing opportunities to dealers as well as customers. The dealer inventory financing will work in line with the Bank of Baroda’s product program of Supply Chain Finance.
- Who was elected as the President of Mauritania ?
1) Yahya Ould Ahmed El Waghef
2) Yahya Ould Hademine
3) Mohamed Ould Ghazouani
4) Mohamed Salem Ould Béchir
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Mohamed Ould Ghazouani
The electoral commission of Mauritania, a country in Northwest Africa, announced that the country’s ruling party candidate and a former general and defense minister, Mohamed Ould Ghazouani (aged 62) of Union for the Republic (UPR) party won the presidential election with 52% votes. He will succeed Mohamed Ould Abdel Aziz.
- Name the Deputy Governor of Reserve Bank of India (RBI), who resigned recently.
1) N. S. Vishwanathan
2) Viral Acharya
3) M. K. Jain
4) B.P. Kanungo
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Viral Acharya
On June 24, 2019, Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI) Deputy Governor Viral Acharya has quit his role six months before the end of his term. He was appointed as the RBI deputy governor by the government on January 23, 2017, for a three-year term. Acharya, who was in charge of monetary policy, will return to New York University as an economics professor in August instead of February 2020.
- Who was the first Chinese elected as the new director general of the United Nation’s Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) ?
1) Zhou Ziqi
2) Xu Shichang
3) Feng Guozhang
4) Qu Dongyu
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Qu Dongyu
On June 23, 2019, China’s agricultural deputy minister, Qu Dongyu(55) elected as the new director general of the United Nation’s Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) at Rome, Italy. He won 108 votes, followed by Catherine Geslain-Laneelle of France (the first woman to run for the post, a former head of the European Food Safety Authority)with 71 votes and Georgia’s Davit Kirvalidze(a former agriculture minister) with 12 votes in the first round of voting.
- With which country, India scraped $500 million arms deal for the purchase of Spike anti-tank missiles from defence contractor Rafael Advanced Defense Systems?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Israel
India scraped $500 million arms deal with Israel for the purchase of Spike anti-tank missiles from defence contractor Rafael Advanced Defense Systems. This was done after Defence Research & Development Organisation (DRDO) claimed that it could deliver an alternative with a partnership with VEM technologies Ltd within two years.The project was given to DRDO due to the fast progressive second stage of testing Man-Portable Anti-Tank Guided Missile (MPATGM). MPATGM was successfully test-fired at the Ahmednagar range in September 2018.
- Where was the Asia Rugby Women’s Division 1 Rugby XVs Championship held recently ?
1) Melbourne, Australia
2) Glasgow, Scotland
3) Manila, Philippines
4) Jakarta, Indonesia
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Manila, Philippines
Asia Rugby Women’s Division 1 Rugby XVs Championship held in Manila, Philippines.
- Which country’s women Rugby team won 3rd place and created a historic first international 15s win at Southern Plains Sports Field in Manila, Philippines ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) India
On June 22, 2019, The 26-member squad of Indian women’s Rugby team created a historic first international 15s win at Southern Plains Sports Field in Manila, Philippines. The victory came against Singapore to finish third in the Asia Rugby Women’s Division 1 Rugby XVs Championship as India won 21-19 scores. China won the event with 68-0 scores against the Philippines.
- Which country is set to host 2021 Women’s Rugby World Cup ?
3) New Zealand
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) New Zealand
The 2021 Women’s Rugby World Cup, to be held in New Zealand.
- Where was the new headquarter of International Olympic Committee (IOC) named ‘Olympic House’ worth $145 million inaugurated ?
1) Washington, D.C., USA
2) London, United Kingdom
3) Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4) Lausanne, Switzerland
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Lausanne, Switzerland
On June 23, 2019, The International Olympic Committee (IOC) inaugurated its 145 million Swiss francs ($145 million) new headquarters named Olympic House in a ceremony held at the lakeside grounds of Olympic House in Lausanne, Switzerland. It was inaugurated exactly 125 years after the Olympic Games were revived.
- Who won the French Grand Prix 2019 ?
1) Lewis Hamilton
2) Charles Leclerc
3) Max Verstappen
4) Valtteri Bottas
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Lewis Hamilton
On June 23, 2019, Five time Formula one (F1) world champion, Lewis Hamilton of Mercedes won the French Grand Prix held in Circuit Paul Ricard, Le Castellet, France with 187 points. Hailing from England, the United Kingdom, this was his eighth straight win in the year 2019 and the overall winning streak raised to 10. It was the sixth win of the season and 79th of his career.
- Which country’s Women Hockey team won the FIH ( Fédération Internationale de Hockey) Women’s Series Finals Hiroshima 2019, Japan ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) India
On June 23, 2019, Indian Women’s Hockey team won the FIH ( Fédération Internationale de Hockey) Women’s Series Finals Hiroshima 2019 after defeating hosts Japan 3-1 in the finals held at the Hiroshima Hockey Stadium, Japan.
- Who won the 10th Halle Open 2019 title in Halle, Germany ?
1) Alexander Zverev
2) Roger Federer
3) David Goffin
4) Matteo Berrettini
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Roger Federer
The 20-time Grand Slam champion, Roger Federer(37) of Switzerland defeats David Goffin (Belgium) to win the 27th edition of the Halle Open 2019(also known as Noventi Open 2019) at the Gerry Weber Stadion in Halle, Germany from 17 – 23 June 2019. Federer beat Goffin with7-6(2) 6-1 scores to win the Halle Open title for the 10th time and secure his 102nd career singles title.
- Name the author of the book titled, “Function of Data Sovereignty – The Pursuit of Supremacy”.
1) Durjoy Datta
2) Kiran Desai
3) Amish Tripathi
4) Vinit Goenka
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Vinit Goenka
The book, “Function of Data Sovereignty – The Pursuit of Supremacy” authored by Vinit Goenka, Author, Secretary, Centre for Knowledge Sovereignty (CKS) and Member Governing Council- CRIS (Centre for Railway Information Systems), Ministry of Railways, Government of India recently released in New Delhi.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- Where is the headquarter of FIH/ International Hockey Federation located ?Answer – Lausanne, Switzerland
- Who is the president of International Olympic Committee (IOC) ?Answer – Thomas Bach
- Where is the headquarter of Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) situated ?Answer – Rome, Italy
- Who is the Vice Chairman of NITI Aayog ?Answer – Rajiv Kumar
- What is the Capital and Currency of Russia ?Answer – Capital: Moscow & Currency: Russian ruble