AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs June 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2019 updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs June 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs May 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
- Who will chair the five-member committee constituted by central government of India to review the existing marketing structure of Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG)?
1) MA Pathan
2) Errol D’souza
3) Kirit Parikh
4) Dharmendra Pradhan
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Kirit Parikh
To review the existing marketing structure of Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) in India, the Central Government constituted a five-member committee headed by economist Kirit Parikh. This move is seen as an effort to bring in more private players and it was a long-standing demand for companies like Reliance Industries.
- Which country is hosting the Intersessional meeting of Kimberley Process (KP) in June 2019?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) India
India is hosting the Intersessional meeting of Kimberley Process (KP) from 17th to 21st June 2019 in Mumbai, Maharashtra. Besides the meetings of different Working Groups and Committees of Kimberley Process Certification Scheme (KPCS), two special forums regarding Diamond Terminology and Artisanal Mining – Small Steps to Larger Outcomes will also be held.India is the founding member of KPCS and is the chair of Kimberley Process Certification Scheme for the year 2019 with the Russian Federation as Vice Chair.
- Where was the 2nd Meeting of India-Italy Joint Working Group (JWG) on Counter Terrorism held ?
1) Milan, Italy
2) New Delhi, India
3) Rome, Italy
4) Mumbai, India
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) New Delhi, India
On June 13, 2019, The 2nd Meeting of India-Italy Joint Working Group (JWG) on Counter Terrorism was held in New Delhi. It was co-chaired by Mr. Mahaveer Singhvi, Joint Secretary (Counter Terrorism), Ministry of External Affairs and Mr Diego Brasioli, Principal Director for Security, Disarmament and non-Proliferation, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Italy. The next meeting of the JWG will be held in Italy.
- Which two countries has signed a Joint Record of Discussion at the 48th Director General (DG)-level talks?
1) India and Myanmar
2) India and Pakistan
3) India and Nepal
4) India and Bangladesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) India and Bangladesh
On June 15, 2019, Border Security Force (BSF) of India and the Border Guard Bangladesh (BGB) signed a Joint Record of Discussion at the 48th Director General (DG)-level talks which concluded in Dhaka, Bangladesh. It was signed between DG, BSF, Rajni Kant Mishra and DG, BGB, Major General Md Shafeenul Islam. Both sides agreed to undertake joint efforts to bring down the killing incidents to zero. They will increase the coordinated patrols in the areas vulnerable to cattle and narcotics smuggling, educate the border population about the sanctity of International Border (IB) and prevent criminals from crossing the IB.
- Where was the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) summit 2019 held?
1) Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
2) Tashkent, Uzbekistan
3) Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
4) Dushanbe, Tajikistan
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
On June 13, 2019, Prime Minister Narendra Modi arrived at Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan for the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) summit 2019. It was the first multilateral engagement after his re-election. He discussed the global security situation, multilateral economic cooperation, people-to-people exchanges and topical issues of international and regional importance. The SCO Summit was followed by the bilateral component on the visit to the Kyrgyz Republic.
- Which year is chosen to celebrate, cultural and friendship between the Kyrgyz Republic and India during Prime Minister’s visit to Kyrgyzstan?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) 2021
15 Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) were signed between India And Kyrgyzstan in the presence of Prime Minister Narendra Modi and President of Kyrgyzstan, Sooronbey Jeenbekov. They agreed to celebrate 2021 as the year of cultural and friendship between the Kyrgyz Republic and India.
- How much amount is granted as line of Credit (LoC) to Kyrgyzstan by Indian government ?
1) 400 million dollar
2) 200 million dollar
3) 100 million dollar
4) 300 million dollar
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) 200 million dollar
Prime Minister Narendra Modi granted 200 million dollar line of Credit (LoC) to Kyrgyzstan. It will ensure India’s increasing participation in business, development and economy of Kyrgyzstan. He invited Kyrgyz businesses to invest in India as the country has a huge market and is determined to become a five trillion dollar economy in the next five years.
- With which country, India has prepared a 5-year road map to increase bilateral trade apart from DTAA (Double Tax Avoidance Agreement) and bilateral investment treaty?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Kyrgyzstan
India and Kyrgyzstan prepared a 5-year road map to increase bilateral trade apart from DTAA(Double Tax Avoidance Agreement) and bilateral investment treaty. Both countries urged the business communities from both countries to explore the untapped potential in various fields. Kyrgyzstan provides good opportunities for Indian businessmen in the field of textiles, railways, hydro power, mining and mineral explorations.
- Which organization has released the report titled “Payment and Settlement: The Plumbing in the Architecture of India’s Financial System” stating digital transactions will rise four times by 2021 in India?
1) International Monetary Fund(IMF)
2) United Nations(UN)
3) Reserve Bank of India (RBI)
4) World Bank(WB)
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Reserve Bank of India (RBI)
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) in its report “Payment and Settlement: The Plumbing in the Architecture of India’s Financial System” stated that, the digital transactions till March 2019 witnessed tremendous growth and they will rise by four times from Rs 2,069 crore in December 2018 to Rs 8,707 crore in December 2021. RBI Report stated that in 2018-19, total digital transactions in volume terms recorded a growth rate of 58.8%. In 2017-18, growth was 50.4%.
- Name the state, which received Rs 1,650cr from Asian Development Bank(ADB) for development of piped water supply, underground drainage, underground sewage or scientific septage management, roads with pavement.
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Tripura
On June 16, 2019, The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has approved a project submitted by the Urban Development Department (UDD) of Tripura amounting to Rs. 1650 crore for overall infrastructure development of seven districts headquarter towns of Tripura. The fund is meant for development of piped water supply, underground drainage, underground sewage or scientific septage management, roads with pavement.The ADB will give 80 percent of Rs 1650 crore as grant-in-aid and the State Government of Tripura will have to repay back only 20 percent loan in due course of time.
- Which film won the best film award in the 44th Matri Shree Media Awards for the year 2019 ?
1) Arjun Patiala
2) Badhai Ho
4) Uri: The Surgical Strike
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Badhai Ho
On June 17, 2019, Twenty-nine journalists from print and electronic media were honoured with 44th Matri Shree Media Awards for the year 2019 for their contribution towards journalism. The award ceremony was held in New Delhi. ‘Badhai Ho’ got the prize for best film.
- Who was appointed as the executive director of United Nations Environment Programme’s (UNEP) ?
1) Erik Solheim
2) Julian Huxley
3) Julia Marton-Lefèvre
4) Inger Andersen
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Inger Andersen
On June 15, 2019, Inger Andersen, Denmark’s Economist and Environmentalist, took over as United Nations Environment Programme’s (UNEP) Executive Director, headquartered at Nairobi, Kenya, for 4 years. She was nominated for the post by United Nations Secretary-General (UNSG) Antonio Guterres and approved by the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) in February 2019. She succeeded Joyce Msuya of Tanzania.
- Name the Goldman Environmental Awardee, who was appointed as the first female President of Slovakia .
1) Rudolf Schuster
2) Ivan Gašparovič
3) Zuzana Caputova
4) Andrej Kiska
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Zuzana Caputova
On June 15, 2019, lawyer and Anti-corruption campaigner, Zuzana Caputova (45) sworn in as country’s Slovakia’s first female president. She defeated Smer-SD candidate Maros Sefcovic. She is the fifth president of Slovakia.She was elected in March 2019 with 58% of votes over Mr Sefcovic(42%).
- To which sports federation, Debendranath Sarangi was appointed as President ?
1) Squash Rackets Federation of India (SRFI)
2) Archery Association of India(AAI)
3) Cycling Federation of India(CFI)
4) Basketball Federation of India(BFI)
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Squash Rackets Federation of India (SRFI)
Debendranath Sarangi, an officer of the Indian Administrative Service (IAS) of the 1977 batch was re-elected as president of Squash Rackets Federation of India (SRFI) while Dronacharya awardee and national coach Cyrus Poncha was made secretary-general. They were elected unopposed for a period of four years from 2019 to 2023.The SRFI also have Director of coaching, Dhiraj Singh and Former SRFI president N Ramachandran will be the Patron of SRFI.
- Who was appointed as the executive director of Reserve Bank of India (RBI) ?
1) Saurav Sinha
2) Rabi N Mishra
3) Dambarudhar Sethy
4) Sadhana Varma
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Rabi N Mishra
On June 16, 2019, The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has promoted Odisha-born Rabi N Mishra as the executive director (ED) after Rosemary Sebastian’s retirement. Previously, Rabi N Mishra was the principal chief general manager of the bank’s risk management department. Mishra, a Ph.D holder in Monetary Economics hails from Mahendra Pur Shashan in Dhenkanal,Odisha.He will handle the newly-created specialized supervisory and regulatory cadre within the RBI.Also, he will be supervising cooperative banks and the Non-Banking Financial Companies (NBFCs).
- To which entity, Ravinder Singh Dhillon was appointed as the Director (Projects)?
1) Coal India
2) Power Grid Corporation of India
3) Power Finance Corporation Ltd (PFC)
4) Rural Electrification Corporation Limited
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Power Finance Corporation Ltd (PFC)
On June 12, 2019, Mr. Ravinder Singh Dhillon took over the role of Director (Projects) in Power Finance Corporation Ltd (PFC). He is currently serving as an Executive Director in PFC. Dhillon, an Electrical Engineer with Post Graduation in Power Systems from IIT Delhi has more than 34 years of experience in various areas of power sector.Before joining PFC, Dhillon worked with Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd. and Central Electricity Authority for 9 years.
- Where was the 50th edition of World Archery Championships or Hyundai World Archery Championships 2019 held recently ?
1) Sofia, Bulgaria
2) Brussels, Belgium
3) Moscow, Russia
4) ‘S–Hertogenbosch, the Netherlands
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) ‘S–Hertogenbosch, the Netherlands
The 50th edition of World Archery Championships, 2019 also known as Hyundai World Archery Championships were held from June 10, 2019, to June 16, 2019, in ‘S–Hertogenbosch, the Netherlands. It was comprised of Men’s Individual, Women’s Individual, Men’s team, Women’s team, and Mixed team. South Korea topped the medal tally with 3 gold, 2 Silver, 3 Bronze. Chinese Taipei came second with 3 Gold,1 Bronze. India won three medals,1 silver, and 2 bronze. Indian men’s archery team secured the Olympic quota for the 2020 Tokyo Games by entering into the quarterfinals of the World Championships with a 5-3 win over Canada. After the 2012 London Olympics, this is the first time that Indian men could secure a team quota.
- Jyothi Surekha Vennam was in news recently, she was associated with which sport?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Archery
Jyothi Surekha Vennam, Muskan Kirar and Raj Kaur combined to beat the Turkish team of Yesim Bostan, Gizem Elmaagacli, and Ipek Tomruk by a score of 229-226. Jyothi also clinched another bronze in the individual event against world number two Yesim Boston of Turkey with 10-9.Indian men’s recurve team bag silver medal after 2-6 defeat to China.
Event Name Winners Medal won Women’s compound team Raj Kaur, Muskan Kirar, Jyothi Surekha Vennam Bronze Women’s Compound individual event Jyothi Surekha Vennam Bronze Recurve men’s team Atanu Das, Pravin Ramesh Jadhav,Tarundeep Rai Silver
- Name the deceased Italian director, who gave massive hit in 1968 by his movie titled ‘Romeo and Juliet’ .
1) Franco Zeffirelli
2) Marcello Mastroianni
3) Federico Fellini
4) Luchino Visconti
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Franco Zeffirelli
The Italian legend director and two-time Oscar-nominee, Franco Zeffirelli passed away in Rome, Italy at the age of 96. Born in Florence, Italy in 1923, he was best known for his film career. He earned his big hit with 1968 film of ‘Romeo and Juliet’ in which he famously cast then-teenagers Leonard Whiting & Olivia Hussey. The film has earned four Oscar nominations including Best Director and Best Picture but won Oscars for its costume design and cinematography. His other film credits include “The Taming of the Shrew”(196) and Hamlet(1990), ‘Brother Sun, Sister Moon’. He was also known for his theater and opera direction.A director, screenwriter, and producer, Zeffirelli earned five David di Donatello Awards from Italy.
- What was the theme of the World Day to Combat Desertification and Drought (WDCD) 2019 ?
1) Theme – “Women and Desertification”
2) Theme – “Let’s Grow the Future Together”
3) Theme – “Protect Earth. Restore Land. Engage People”
4) Theme – “Land has true value. Invest in it”
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Theme – “Let’s Grow the Future Together”
World Day to Combat Desertification and Drought (WDCD) 2019 was observed on June 17. It is celebrated to promote public awareness of international efforts to combat desertification. 2019 Theme of WDCD is “Let’s Grow the Future Together”. Desertification is the degradation of land in various areas like arid, semi-arid and dry sub-humid. It is caused by human activities and then by climatic variations.It was declared by the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) in 1995.United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD) celebrates 25 years of progress made by countries on sustainable land management in 2019.The campaign slogan for the 25th anniversary is “Let’s grow the future longer“.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- Valmiki National Park is located in which state?Answer – Bihar
- Who is the President of United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) ?Answer – Prof. Tijjani Muhammad Bande
- What is the Capital and Currency of Kyrgyzstan ?Answer – Capital: Bishkek & Currency: Kyrgyzstani som
- Who is the Secretary-General of Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) ?Answer – Vladimir Imamovich Norov
- Who is the Prime Minister of Slovakia?Answer – Peter Pellegrini