AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs June 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2019 updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs June 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs May 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
- Name the bill approved by the cabinet to ban the practice of instant triple talaq .
1) Muslim Men (Protection of Rights) Bill 2019
2) Muslim Women (Protection of Rights on Marriage) Bill 2019
3) Muslim Women (Ban instant triple talaq ) Bill 2019
4) Muslim Community (Ban instant triple talaq) Bill 2019
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Muslim Women (Protection of Rights on Marriage) Bill 2019
Union Minister for Information and Broadcasting Prakash Javadekar announced that Cabinet approved a fresh bill to ban the practice of instant triple talaq, Muslim Women (Protection of Rights on Marriage) Bill 2019. It will replace Muslim Women (Protection of Rights on Marriage) Second Ordinance, 2019. It stated that triple talaq is punishable with imprisonment of 3 years and a fine. It also provides for payment of subsistence allowance to married Muslim women and dependent children. Key Points: The Bill will ensure gender equality and gender justice to Muslim women. It will protect the rights of married Muslim Women and prevent divorce through the practice of ‘Talaq-e-biddat’ by their husbands.
- Under which article, the cabinet approved the extension of President’s rule in Jammu and Kashmir (J&K) for six more months ?
1) Article 351(4) of the Constitution of India
2) Article 355(4) of the Constitution of India
3) Article 353(4) of the Constitution of India
4) Article 356(4) of the Constitution of India
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Article 356(4) of the Constitution of India
A meeting of the Union Cabinet, chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved the extension of President’s rule in Jammu and Kashmir (J&K) for six more months beginning July 3, 2019 under article 356(4) of the Constitution of India.Key Points: The rule has been continuing in Jammu and Kashmir since June 20, 2018 and the present rule was supposed to expire on July 2, 2019. This will be the last extension of the central rule in the state. The Election Commission (EC) has issued a statement stating that elections in J&K would be announced after the annual Amarnath Yatra beginning on July 1, 2019.
- Name the bill introduced to promote ease of doing business in India .
1) The Indian Partnership Act, 2019
2) Essential Commodities Act 2019
3) New Delhi International Arbitration Centre (NDIAC) Bill, 2019
4) Indian Sale of Goods Act 2019
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) New Delhi International Arbitration Centre (NDIAC) Bill, 2019
The Cabinet approved the “New Delhi International Arbitration Centre (NDIAC) Bill, 2019” to promote ease of doing business in India. It is a positive step in establishing an independent and autonomous regime with a well-defined structure for institutionalized domestic and international arbitration. The aim is to make India as the hub of International Arbitration.It provides to set up an independent autonomous body for institutional arbitration and to acquire and transfer the undertakings of International Centre For Alternative Dispute Resolution (ICADR) to New Delhi International Arbitration Centre (NDIAC) w.e.f a specified date March 2, 2019. It will replace the New Delhi International Arbitration Centre Ordinance, 2019, promulgated by the President on March 2, 2019.
- Which committee received 2 months extension from union cabinet for the sixth time recently ?
1) Committee examining sub-categorisation of OBCs
2) Committee to review the Methodology for Measurement of Poverty
3) Committee to review the Operation of the Cash Credit System
4) Committee examining the financial condition of the Regional Rural Banks in India
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Committee examining sub-categorisation of OBCs
The Union Cabinet has accorded ex-post facto approval for the extension of the term of the Commission to examine the issue of Sub-categorization of Other Backward Classes (OBC), by two more months i.e. upto July 31, 2019. This is the sixth extension to the commission. It’s term had expired on May 31, 2019. Key Points: In order to have equitable distribution of benefits amongst the OBC Castes/Communities, a Commission was set up under article 340 of the Constitution to examine the issue of sub-categorization within Other Backward Classes in the Central list.
- Which two countries has signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) in the field of Bioceanic Railway Integration Corridor Project cooperation ?
1) India and Japan
2) India and Bolivia
3) India and Costa Rica
4) India and Finland
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) India and Bolivia
The Union Cabinet gave its ex-post facto approval to the a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed in March 2019, between India and Bolivia on Bioceanic Railway Integration Corridor Project cooperation. The agreement covers exchange of information, expert meetings, seminars, technical visits and implementation of jointly agreed cooperation projects between the two sides.
- India and Thailand has signed an MoU in which field ?
1) In the field of Astronomy
2) In the area of Cyber Security
3) In the field of Biology and Medicine
4) In the field of Biotechnology
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) In the field of Astronomy
The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has endorsed the agreement on the Astronomy / Astrophysics / Atmospheric Science signed between India and the Thailand. The objective of the MoU is to strengthen and encourage cooperation between the two countries on new scientific research, human resource development through increased scientific interaction and training, joint use of scientific infrastructure.
- Which country has signed agreement with India in the field of Health, in the field of legal metrology and in the field of Biology and Medicine ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Kyrgyzstan
The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Modi has endorsed a Memorandum of Collaboration (MoC) between India and Kyrgyzstan for collaborative research work on High Altitude Biology and Medicine. The Cabinet has also approved a Memorandum of Understanding in the field of Legal Metrology between India and Kyrgyzstan. The MoU will be signed on the sidelines of the upcoming SCO summit on June 13and 14, 2019 . The union cabinet endorsed the signing and ratification of investment treaty between India- Kyrgyzstan which will increase investment flow between India and Kyrgyzstan and protection to investors of both countries. The Union Cabinet, driven by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi, has approved the proposal of the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare for signing a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare of the Republic of India and the Ministry of Health of the Kyrgyz Republic in the field of Health.
- Under which scheme, farmers are expected to contribute Rs 100 per month ?
1) Atal Pension Yojana
2) Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awaas Yojana
3) Pradhan Mantri Kisan Pension Yojana
4) Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Pradhan Mantri Kisan Pension Yojana
On June 13, 2019, Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare announced that farmers in the country are expected to contribute Rs 100 per month under the Pradhan Mantri (PM) Kisan Pension Yojana. It seeks to provide a minimum monthly pension of Rs 3,000 on the attainment of 60 years of age. The central government will also contribute an equal amount to the pension fund.Pension Fund will be managed by the Life Insurance Corporation (LIC). It will be responsible for the pension payout.The Pension Scheme will provide social security to small and marginal farmers.With an entry age of 18 to 40 years, it aims to cover around five crore beneficiaries in the first three years.
- What is the revised Employees State Insurance(ESI) contribution rate from 6.5%, under the Employees’ State Insurance Act (ESI) 1948?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) 4%
On June 13, 2019, the Government reduced the Employees State Insurance (ESI) contribution rate to 4% from 6.5%. This will benefit 36 million workers and 1.28 million employers and will lead to an estimated annual saving of around Rs 5,000 crore for firms. The reduced rates will be effective from July 1, 2019. The Central government through the Ministry of Labour & Employment decides the rate of contribution under the ESI Act. In 2018-19, 12.85 lakh employers and 3.6 crore employees contributed Rs 22,279 crore towards the ESI scheme.Reduction in the share of contribution of employers will reduce the financial liability of the establishments leading to improved viability of these establishments and will enhance Ease of Doing Business.The Employees’ State Insurance Act 1948 (the ESI Act), administered by the Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC), provides for medical, cash, maternity, disability and dependent benefits to the Insured Persons under the Act.
- Where was the 16th Edition of Asia Media Summit (AMS) 2019 held recently ?
1) Siem Reap province, Cambodia
2) Tokyo, Japan
3) Jakarta, Indonesia
4) Beijing, China
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Siem Reap province, Cambodia
The 16th Edition of Asia Media Summit (AMS) 2019 was held in Siem Reap province, Cambodia from June 12 to June 14, 2019. It was inaugurated by the Prime Minister of Cambodia, Samdech Hun Sen. AMS was held under the topic “Media Digitalization Focusing on Developing Markets” and it gave a call to fight against fake news and cyber-crimes.It was organized by Cambodian Ministry of Information in collaboration with the Asia-Pacific Institute for Broadcasting Development (AIBD).
- Which country topped in the ‘Global peace index 2019’ released by Institute for Economics and Peace ?
1) New Zealand
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Iceland
Australian think tank Institute for Economics and Peace (IEP) released the report, ‘Global peace index 2019’ stated that Iceland topped the in the list. Most peaceful: Iceland remains the most peaceful country in the world, a position it has held since 2008. Other countries at top of the Global Peace Index (GPI) are New Zealand, Austria, Portugal, and Denmark.
- What is the rank of India in the ‘Global peace index 2019’ released by Institute for Economics and Peace recently ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) 141
Australian think tank Institute for Economics and Peace (IEP) released the report, ‘Global peace index 2019’ stated that India ranked 141 among 163 countries on the Global Peace Index. Iceland topped the in the list. Least peaceful: Afghanistan is the least peaceful country in the world now replacing Syria, which is the second least peaceful. South Sudan, Yemen, and Iraq comprise the remaining five least peaceful countries.South Asian countries status: Bhutan (15th), Sri Lanka (72), Nepal (76), Bangladesh( 101) and Pakistan (153) on the index.
- Name the startup company, which has partnered with Digit Insurance to offer EMI (Equated Monthly Installment) insurance to the company’s five million customers ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) ZestMoney
On June 13, 2019, ZestMoney, a Bengaluru based digital lending startup, in partnership with Digit Insurance announced to offer EMI (Equated Monthly Installment) insurance to the company’s five million customers. The aim of the partnership is to relieve its customers of debt in case of unforeseen circumstances. The insurance product, designed for ZestMoney’s customers, will be available while applying for a loan on the digital platform.The credit limit can be availed by signing up on the 100% digital loan application platform and can be used to shop online and in-store across all ZestMoney partners including Amazon, Flipkart, Myntra, MakeMyTrip and Xiaomi.
- Which bank has signed $245 million loan agreement with Ghana & Mozambique for agricultural and railway projects ?
1) Export Import Bank of India (Exim Bank)
2) World Bank
3) Asian Development Bank
4) New Development Bank
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Export Import Bank of India (Exim Bank)
On June 13, 2019, The central bank of the country, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) notified that Export-Import Bank of India (Exim Bank) will provide Line of Credit (LoC) worth $245 million to Ghana and Mozambique for agricultural and railway projects. The agreement is effective from June 3, 2019. Under the LoC, the terminal utilisation period is 60 months after the scheduled completion date of the project. Exim Bank will grant the LoC worth $150 million to Ghana and $95 million to Mozambique.Ghana will utilize the amount to strengthen agriculture mechanisation services centres while Mozambique will finance it in the procurement of railway rolling stock including locomotives, coaches and wagons.
- Name the organization which released the report titled “World Investment Report 2019” .
1) International Monetary Fund(IMF)
2) United Nations Conference on Trade and Development’s (UNCTAD)
3) Reserve Bank of India(RBI)
4) World Bank(WB)
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) United Nations Conference on Trade and Development’s (UNCTAD)
United Nations Conference on Trade and Development’s (UNCTAD) World Investment Report 2019, released on June 12, 2019.
- How much amount is invested in India as the Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) for the year 2018 ?
1) $35 billion
2) $40 billion
3) $30 billion
4) $42 billion
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) $42 billion
According to United Nations Conference on Trade and Development’s (UNCTAD) World Investment Report 2019, released on June 12, 2019, Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in India grew by 6% to $42 billion in 2018. Globally, FDI slipped by 13% in 2018 to $1.3 trillion from $1.5 trillion in 2017, the third consecutive annual decline. It increased by 2% for developing countries.
- Which country was the world’s top recipient of Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) with $252 billion for the year 2018 ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) US
According to United Nations Conference on Trade and Development’s (UNCTAD) World Investment Report 2019,released on June 12, 2019, Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in India grew by 6% to $42 billion in 2018. The US was the world’s top recipient of FDI with $252 billion followed by China with $139 billion. The top three industry recipients were Manufacturing, Communication and Financial Services.
- What was the rank of India as an Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) recipient globally in the year 2018 ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) 10th
India was ranked 10th as an FDI recipient. In South Asia, overall FDI inflows increased by 3.5% to $54 billion. inflows to developing countries in Asia grew by 3.9% to $512 billion in 2018, with growth occurring mainly in China, Hong Kong, Singapore, Indonesia and other ASEAN countries as well as India and Turkey. The Asian region remained the world’s largest FDI recipient, resulting 39% of global inflows in 2018, up from 33% in 2017. India and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) were considered among the top 10 most important sources of FDI for 2019 to 2021 period.
- Which entity topped the report titled “Brand Trust Report, 2019” and became most trusted brand in India as per the Trust Research Advisory (TRA) ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Dell
According to the report “Brand Trust Report, 2019”, by Trust Research Advisory (TRA), Dell tops the list as the most trusted brand for 2019 in India. It is followed by automobile brand Jeep, and LIC (Life Insurance Corporation of India). While largest E-commerce player Amazon has emerged as a most trusted internet Brand ranked as 4th in the list followed by Apple iPhone at 5th position.
- Name the Indian actress, who was selected for “Danny Kaye Humanitarian Award” by United Nations International Children’s Fund’s (UNICEF) American chapter .
1) Aishwarya Rai
2) Deepika Padukone
3) Katrina Kaif
4) Priyanka Chopra
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Priyanka Chopra
Indian actress Priyanka Chopra was selected for “Danny Kaye Humanitarian Award” by United Nations International Children’s Fund’s (UNICEF) American chapter for her contribution to social causes and for being a voice for children’s education. She will be presented with this award at UNICEF American chapter’s Snowflake Ball which is to be held in December 2019 in New York. She is the National and Global UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador for Child Rights in 2010 and 2016, respectively.She was part of the United Nation’s global “Girl Up” Campaign.
- Which organization has topped the list of world’s 2,000 largest public companies for the 7th year in a row as per the Forbes magazine ?
1) Bank of China
2) JP Morgan
3) Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC)
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC)
In a list of the ‘world’s 2,000 largest public companies’, compiled by Forbes magazine, Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC)topped the list for the 7th year in a row. The top ten companies are ICBC, JP Morgan, China Construction Bank, Agricultural Bank of China, Bank of America, Apple, Ping An Insurance Group, Bank of China, Royal Dutch Shell and Wells Fargo.
- Name the Indian company which leads the list of 57 Indian companies and ranked 71st globally in “world’s 2,000 largest public companies” compiled by Forbes.
1) Reliance Industries
2) Indian Oil
4) HDFC Ltd
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Reliance Industries
In a list of the ‘world’s 2,000 largest public companies’, compiled by Forbes magazine, Mukesh Ambani led Reliance Industries leads the list of 57 Indian companies (71st rank globally). The overall chart has been topped by the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC) for the 7th year in a row. Some other Indian companies making it to the list are: HDFC Bank (209), ONGC (220), Indian Oil (288).
- Who has been appointed as Chairman-cum-Managing Director of Mahanadi Coalfields Ltd(MCL) ?
1) O.P. Singh
2) Bhola Nath Shukla
3) Rajiv Ranjan Mishra
4) K.R. Vasudevan
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Bhola Nath Shukla
On June 13, 2019, According to the Personnel ministry, Government of India Bhola Nath Shukla has been appointed as Chairman-cum-Managing Director of Mahanadi Coalfields Ltd (MCL) for a period up to October 31, 2020. He is currently working as the Director (Technical) of Central Mine Planning and Design Institute Limited. He succeeds Shri Rajiv Ranjan Mishra.
- Name the world’s largest private equity firm, which has inked a pact to acquire 97.7 per cent stake in Aadhar Housing Finance Ltd.
1) The Carlyle Group
2) KKR & Co. Inc.
3) TPG Capital
4) Blackstone group
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Blackstone group
The world’s largest private equity firm, Blackstone group has inked a pact to acquire Aadhar Housing Finance Ltd. It has bought 97.7 percent stake in Aadhar for about Rs 2,200 crore from controlling shareholders Dewan Housing Finance Ltd (DHFL) and Wadhawan Global Capital Ltd (WGC).As part of the transaction, Blackstone has also infused Rs 800 crore into Aadhar Housing Finance.Aadhar Housing Finance, which has asset under management (AUM) of $1.4 billion, while Blackstone has its asset management of about $512 billion.
- Lee Chong Wei has retired from which sport recently ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Badminton
Former World No 1, Malaysia’s badminton player, Lee Chong Wei aged 36 announced retirement after 19 years of a successful career that included the Olympic medals and 69 world titles. He made his decision after doctor’s advice to ease off in order to avoid a relapse of the nose cancer. He hails from Bagan Serai, Perak, Malaysia. He won silver medal in Men’s singles event in 3 Olympic games viz, 2008 Beijing Olympic games, 2012 London Olympic games and 2016 Rio de Janeiro Olympic games. He also won silver medal in 3 World Championship that held in 2011 London, 2013 Guangzhou and 2015 Jakarta and also won bronze medal in 2005 Anaheim.
- Name the deceased american actress, who was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress twice for her work in Midnight Cowboy (1969) and Farewell, My Lovely (1975) .
1) Sammi Kane Kraft
2) Heather O’Rourke
3) Sylvia Miles
4) Brittany Murphy
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Sylvia Miles
Sylvia Miles, American actress who was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress twice passed away at the age of 94 in Manhattan, New York, U.S. She was born in Greenwich Village, New York, U.S.She was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress for her performances in Midnight Cowboy (1969) and Farewell, My Lovely (1975).
- World Blood Donor Day is observed annually on _________ ?
1) June 12
2) June 13
3) June 14
4) June 11
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) June 14
World Blood Donor Day 2019 (WBDD) was observed on June 14. It is celebrated by the World Health Organization (WHO) to raise awareness of blood donation. The theme of this year’s campaign is blood donation and universal access to safe blood transfusion, as a component of achieving universal health coverage. It encourages people all over the world to become blood donors and donate blood regularly. The Slogan for World Blood Day 2019 is “Safe blood for all”. First celebration was initiated and established on June 14, 2004 by the WHO and the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC).
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- Where is the headquarter of Mahanadi Coalfields Ltd ?Answer – Sambalpur
- What is the Capital and Currency of Mozambique ?Answer – Capital: Maputo & Currency: Mozambican metical
- Who is the CEO of Export-Import Bank of India (Exim Bank) ?Answer – David Rasquinha
- Where is the headquarter of UNCTAD located ?Answer – Geneva, Switzerland
- Who is the President of Kyrgyzstan ?Answer – Sooronbay Jeenbekov