AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs June 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2019 updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs June 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs May 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
Questions Based on Current Affairs June 10 2019
- Name the award instituted by the Minister of Information and Broadcasting, Prakash Javadekar from 2019 to recognise the contributions made by media in spreading awareness about Yoga .
1) Antarashtriya Yoga Samman for Media(AYSM)
2) Yoga Media Samman(YMS)
3) Antarashtriya Yoga Diwas Media Samman (AYDMS)
4) Antarashtriya Yoga Media Samman (AYMS)
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Antarashtriya Yoga Diwas Media Samman (AYDMS)
To recognise the contributions made by media in spreading awareness about Yoga and for promotion and commemoration of International Yoga Day which is held every year on June 21, The Ministry of Information and Broadcasting (I&B) headed by the Minister Prakash Javadekar instituted a new award called Antarashtriya Yoga Diwas Media Samman (AYDMS) from year 2019. It will be awarded to Media Houses engaged in Print Media and Electronic Media including Television & Radio.
- Which state’s Autonomous Development Councils (ADCs) has met with 15th Finance Commission headed by the Chairman Shri N.K. Singh ?
3) Madhya Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Meghalaya
On June 4, 2019, 15th Finance Commission headed by the Chairman Shri N.K. Singh held meeting with the representatives of Autonomous Development Councils (ADCs) of Meghalaya as part of its visit to the State. There are 3 ADCs in Meghalaya namely the Khasi Hills Autonomous District Council, the Garo Hills Autonomous District Council and the Jaintia Hills Autonomous District Council.The Commission was informed that the entire state is covered by the District Councils, except for a small part of the area which is under the Shillong Municipality. Term of the District Councils is 5 years and the last elections to the ADCs were held in February, 2014.
- Where was India’s first and world’s third Dinosaur Museum-cum-Park inaugurated ?
1) Uttar Pradesh
3) New Delhi
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Gujarat
On June 8, 2019, Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani inaugurated the new Dinosaur Museum-cum-Park at Raiyoli village in Balasinor town of Mahisagar district. This is the first such park in the country and also the world’s third park which exhibits remains of various dinosaurs and fossil records.3D projection, 360 degrees virtual reality presentations, interactive kiosks, gaming consoles are the facilities equipped with the museum.The ten galleries of the museum exhibit the history of dinosaurs, which existed 65 million years ago, from origin to extinction.The Tourism Corporation of Gujarat Ltd created the whole infrastructure of the museum.
- Where was the G20 Ministerial meeting on Trade and Digital Economy held ?
1) Tsukuba, Japan
2) Beijing, China
3) Moscow, Russia
4) New Delhi, India
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Tsukuba, Japan
The G20 Ministerial meeting on Trade and Digital Economy was held on June 8 and 9, 2019 in Tsukuba city, Ibaraki Prefecture, Japan. It is one of the eight Ministerial Meetings. Trade and Economy Ministers of the Group of 20 major economies discussed the ways to reorder trade rules and finances in an era of technological change and protectionism.
- Who lead Indian delegation for G20 Ministerial Meeting that held in Tsukuba, Japan?
1) Harsimrat Kaur Badal
2) Piyush Goyal
3) Nirmala Sitharaman
4) S. Jaishankar
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Piyush Goyal
The Indian delegation for G20 Ministerial Meeting was led by the Union Minister of Commerce and Industry & Railways,Piyush Goyal. He participated in the discussions related to increasing trade and cooperation to harness the potential of digital economy. He held the meetings with US Ambassador to World Trade Organization (WTO) Dennis Shea, China’s Vice Minister of Commerce, Wang Shouwen and Australia’s Minister for Trade, Tourism, and Investment, Simon Birmingham. He also held bilateral talks with Minister of Trade and Industry for Singapore, Chan Chun Sing Minister of Commerce and Investment for Saudi Arabia, Majid Bin Abdullah Al Qasabi; Minister of Trade and Industry for South Africa, Ebrahim Patel, and Minister for Trade of the Republic of Korea, Yoo Myung-Hee.
- Indian economy will grew by _________ percent in 2019, as per the G-20 surveillance note prepared by staff of International Monetary Fund (IMF) .
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) 7.3%
G-20 surveillance note expected that Indian economy will grow 7.3% in 2019 and 7.5% in 2020. This was prepared by the staff of International Monetary Fund (IMF). It stated that the reforms to hiring and dismissal regulations would help incentivise formal job creation in India and, if combined with an increase in female labour force participation would help absorb the country’s large demographic dividend. Global growth is projected to remain stable at around 3.6%. It will rely on weights shifting toward countries with relatively higher growth rates, mainly G-20 emerging markets such as China and India.
- Which organization has revealed that 1 in 5 children (23 million) were married off before the age of 15 ?
1) United States Children’s Bureau
2) Child Welfare Information Gateway
3) United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization(UNESCO)
4) United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
After the first-ever in-depth analysis of child grooms, the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) study revealed that an estimated 115 million boys and men around the world were married as children. Of which 1 in 5 children (23 million) were married off before the age of 15. The data was collected from 82 countries on the basis of national estimates in the UNICEF global databases. The study revealed that child marriage among boyes was prevalent across countries like the sub-Saharan Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean, South Asia, and East Asia and the Pacific.
- Name the central African country, which has the highest number of child marriage among males that accounted for 28% .
1) Central African Republic
2) Republic of Chad
3) DR Congo
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Central African Republic
The Central African Republic had the highest number of child marriage among males which accounted for 28%, followed by Nicaragua with 19% and Madagascar with 13% The total number of child brides and child grooms were 765 million. Among Girls, 1 in 5 young women aged 20 to 24 years old married before their 18th birthday, compared to 1 in 30 young men. In India, the incidence of underage marriage in girls has been reduced. 14.1% girls in 15-18 age group living in rural areas were married. New data from the Global Childhood Report 2019 revealed that there has been a 51% reduction in child brides in India over the past 19 years. No research on the incidence of child grooms existed as of now.
- Name the 12 year strategy plan adopted by the cabinet of United Arab Emirates (UAE) .
1) ‘National Strategy for Climate Action 2031’
2) ‘National Strategy for Wellbeing 2031’
3) ‘National Strategy for Health 2031’
4) ‘National Strategy for Pollution 2031’
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) ‘National Strategy for Wellbeing 2031’
On June 9, 2019, The Cabinet of United Arab Emirates (UAE)adopteda 12-year strategy ‘National Strategy for Wellbeing 2031’during its meeting at the Presidential Palace in Abu Dhabi. It will be chaired by Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President, Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai. The newly adopted strategy has 2 objectives: To make UAE a world leader in quality of life by launching 90 new projects that will improve the physical, psychological and digital health of future generations. To promote an integrated concept of well being by supporting UAE Vision 2021 and UAE Centennial 2071.
- Which African nation was suspended by African Union (AU) Peace and Security Council recently at the Peace and Security Council meeting held in Addis Ababa ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Sudan
The African Union (AU) Peace and Security Council has announced that it has suspended Sudan’s participation in all AU activities until productive establishment of Civilian Government in the country. The decision was taken at the Peace and Security Council meeting held in Addis Ababa. The suspension comes after Sudan’s military launched a brutal attack on protesters in the capital, Khartoum. AU body warned that further action will be taken place if power is not transferred to civilian authority , a demand of pro-democracy protesters.The military leadership had taken control over the country after ouster of Sudan President Omar al-Bashir in April 2019 after months of mass protests.
- Which country has launched the first Arctic tourist train service ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Russia
On June 6,2019 , Russia has launched its first tourist train service passing through Russia’s arctic region. It begins a journey from Saint Petersburg station to Norway with 91 passengers aboard. The train is expected to run twice next year and four times in 2021.By new trading routes, Russia wants to become the top economic and military power in the Arctic region.
- What is the name of the first Arctic tourist train launched by Russia recently ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Zarengold
On June 6,2019 , Russia has launched its first tourist train service passing through Russia’s arctic region. It begins a journey from Saint Petersburg station to Norway with 91 passengers aboard. The train has been named as Zarengold (“The Tsar’s gold” in German).It has two restaurant cars and the trip will be expected to take 11 days.The tourists will get off the train at Murmansk, and continue by bus to Kirkenes in Norway before ending their journey with a boat trip to Oslo or by air to the island of Spitsbergen.
- Which organization was set to achieve the second highest target of 501.16 crore in digital transaction for the year 2019-20 by Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) ?
1) Industrial Credit and Investment Corporation of India (ICICI) Bank
2) Paytm Payments Bank
3) HDFC Bank
4) State Bank of India
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Paytm Payments Bank
Paytm Payments Bank with 501.16 crore digital transactions for the financial year 2019-20 was ahead of major banks including HDFC Bank, Industrial Credit and Investment Corporation of India (ICICI) Bank and Punjab National Bank in digital transaction target set by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY). It is only behind the State Bank of India (SBI) which has the highest target for digital transactions.Only 5 banks have received a target of more than 100 crore transactions. They are HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, Axis Bank,Punjab National Bank and Union Bank of India.
- Name the bank, which is first to introduce repo-linked home loan product from July 1, 2019 .
1) Industrial Credit and Investment Corporation of India (ICICI) Bank
2) HDFC Bank
3) State Bank of India (SBI)
4) Axis Bank
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) State Bank of India (SBI)
On June 7, 2019, State Bank of India (SBI) announced to introduce repo-linked home loan product from July 1, 2019. It has become the first bank to offer this facility.The home loans up to Rs 75 lakh will be priced at 2.65% over the repo rate of 5.75% resulting in the interest rate of 8.40%. At present, it offers home loanslinked to its marginal cost of funds at 8.55%.SBI also reduced the interest rate on Cash Credit Account (CC) and Overdraft (OD) customers with limits above Rs 1 lakh, after the RBI reduced the repo rate by 25 basis points to 5.75%.At present, the effective Repo-Linked Lending Rate (RLLR) for CC/ OD customers is 8%whereas for savings deposits above Rs 1 lakh the new rate is be 3%.
- After increasing by $1.875 billion,the Foreign Exchange (Forex) Reserves of India stood at ________ billion, as on 31st May 2019 as per the data of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) ?
1) $321.867 billion
2) $411.867 billion
3) $311.867 billion
4) $421.867 billion
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) $421.867 billion
As per the data of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), the Foreign Exchange (Forex) Reserves of India increased by $1.875 billion to $421.867 billion in the week ending May 31, 2019.In the previous week, the forex reserves rose by $1.99 billion to $ 419.99 billion.The foreign currency assets rose by $1.946 billion to $394.134 billion.The foreign currency assets, which is a major component of the overall reserves, include the effect of appreciation/depreciation of non-US units like the euro, pound and yen held in the reserves. They are expressed in terms of dollars.As per RBI’s data, gold reserves fell by $62.9 million to $22.958 billion, the Special Drawing Rights (SDRs) with the International Monetary Fund(IMF) declined by $2.3 million to $1.443 billion and the country’s reserve position with the fund also declined by $5.3 million to $3.331 billion.
- Who won the Amnesty human rights award “Ambassador of conscience” for fighting against the peril of global warming ?
1) Greta Thunberg
2) Litia Baleilevuka
3) Marinel Ubaldo
4) Jamie Margolin
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Greta Thunberg
Swedish teenage activist Greta Thunberg (16), has won the Amnesty International’s, “Ambassador of conscience” for fighting against the peril of global warming.It instituted in 2003. ii. It celebrates individuals and groups who have furthered the cause of human rights by showing exceptional courage standing up to injustice and who have used their talents to inspire others.
- Name the former President of United States of America (USA), who has won the George H. W. Bush Award for the contributions to relations between the U.S. and China .
1) Richard Nixon
2) Jimmy Carter
3) Ronald Reagan
4) Gerald Ford
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Jimmy Carter
Ex-President of United States of America (USA), Jimmy Carter (94) has won the inaugural George H. W. Bush Award. He was awarded in recognition of his contributions to relations between the U.S. and China. He will receive the award at a private award ceremony which is scheduled on June 12 at the Carter Center in Atlanta. It is instituted by George H. W. Bush Foundation.It is named after George H. W. Bush who was the 41st president of US from 1989 to 1993.It is given to people who made great contributions to the development of constructive and mutually beneficial relations between the U.S and China.
- Which entity has appointed, Abhishek Singh as its Chief Marketing officer ?
1) Uber Technologies Inc
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) BharatPe
Delhi based Merchant service and UPI payments app, BharatPe have recently appointed Abhishek Singh as its Chief Marketing Officer.Abhishek Singh played an important role in building World’s largest furniture retailer IKEA’s India setup in August 2018 at Hyderabad,Telangana. He previously worked as a marketing head in IKEA, IPL franchises and Tata Group.
- Name the Cabinet Secretary, whose service period is extended for 3 more months making him the longest-serving bureaucrat in the post in the last seven decades.
1) Pramod Kumar Misra
2) Nripendra Misra
3) Ajit Seth
4) Pradeep Kumar Sinha
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Pradeep Kumar Sinha
On June 7, 2019, The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) approved the extension in service to Shri Pradeep Kumar Sinha, a 1977 batch Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer of Uttar Pradesh, as Cabinet Secretary for a further period of three months beyond 12.06.2019 or until further orders, whichever is earlier. He was appointed in 2015 for two years. This was his third extension. He became the longest-serving bureaucrat in the post in the last seven decades. He will be in the office till September 12, 2019. His extension follows the amendment in the All India Services (Death-Cum-Retirement-Benefits) Rules, 1958, which allows an extension in service for a further period, not exceeding three months, beyond the period of four years to the Cabinet Secretary.
- Mount Sinabung, which was in news recently is located in which country ?
1) Western Indonesia
2) Western Iceland
3) Western El Salvador
4) Western Japan
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Western Indonesia
On June 9, 2019, Mount Sinabung volcano has been erupted spreading a column of ash at 7 km high in the island of Sumatra in western Indonesia. It erupted in 2010 for the first time and 2013 in a second time. Mt. Sinabung is among 129 active volcanoes in Indonesia.
- _________ edition of French open was held in Stade Roland Garros in Paris, France from 26th to June 9, 2019 ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) 123rd
The 123rd Edition of French Open 2019, a Grand Slam Tennis Tournament was held from May 26- June 9, 2019, at the Stade Roland Garros in Paris, France. The prize money of the tournament was €42,661,000 and comprised singles, doubles and mixed doubles play.
- Name the tennis player, who won Men’s Singles title in French Open and became the first to win single’s event 12 times and secured his 18th Grand Slam title .
1) Fabrice Martin
2) Kevin Krawietz
3) Rafael Nadal
4) Dominic Thiem
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Rafael Nadal
Rafael Nadal became the first tennis player to win a single event 12 times. He registered the win with 6-3, 5-7, 6-1, 6-1 over Dominic Thiem. This was his 18th Grand Slam Title.
- Who became the first women’s singles player since Margaret Court in 1974 from Australia to win the French Open women’s singles title ?
1) Zheng Saisai
2) Timea Babos
3) Marketa Vondrousova
4) Ashleigh Barty
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Ashleigh Barty
Ashleigh Barty clinched her first Grand Slam singles title and became the first women’s singles player since Margaret Court in 1974 from Australia to win the Roland Garros title with 6-1, 6-3 scores.
Event Winners Runners Men’s Singles Rafael Nadal (Spain) Dominic Thiem (Austria) Women’s Singles Ashleigh Barty (Australia) Marketa Vondrousova (Czech Republic) Men’s Doubles Kevin Krawietz and Andreas Mies (Germany) Fabrice Martin and Jeremy Chardy (France) Women’s Doubles Kristina Mladenovic (France)
Timea Babos (Hungary)
Duan Yingying and Zheng Saisai (China) Mixed Doubles Latisha Chan (Taiwan)
Ivan Dodig (Croatia)
Gabriela Dabrowski (Canada)
Mate Pavic (Croatia)
- Which country won gold medal in all the 4 events in the 24th edition of ITTF (International Table Tennis Federation) World Tour Hong Kong open ?
3) South Korea
4) North Korea
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) China
The 2019 Hong Kong Open, a part of the 24th edition of ITTF (International Table Tennis Federation) World Tour was held from 6th to 9th June 2019 at Queen Elizabeth Stadium in Hong Kong. The prize money of the tournament was USD 175000. It comprises Men’s single & doubles and Women’s singles & doubles. Hong Kong Open was first held in 2018.China claimed four gold medals at the tournament.
- Who won the Men’s Singles title and emerged as the most successful player in the 24th edition of ITTF (International Table Tennis Federation) World Tour Hong Kong open ?
1) Jang Woo-jin
2) Lin Gaoyuan
3) Tomokazu Harimoto
4) Liang Jingkun
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Lin Gaoyuan
Lin Gaoyuan of China emerged as the most successful player at the event. He secured the Men’s singles title by beating no.2 seed Tomokazu Harimoto of Japan with 11-8, 7-11, 8-11, 11-6, 11-9, 11-7 scores.
Events Winners Runners Men’s Singles Lin Gaoyuan (China) Tomokazu Harimoto (Japan) Women’s Singles Wang Yidi(China) Mima Ito (Japan) Men’s Doubles Liang Jingkun and Lin Gaoyuan ( China) Jang Woo-jin and Lim Jong-hoon (South Korea) Women’s Doubles Chen Ke and Mu Zi(China) Jeon Ji-hee and You Eun-chong (South Korea)
- Name the deceased Actor, Writer and playwright, who won Jnanpith award in 1998, Padma Shri in 1974 and Padma Bhushan in 1992 for literature.
1) Pyarelal Wadali
2) Narendra Jha
3) Girish Karnad
4) Shrivallabh Vyas
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Girish Karnad
On June 10, 2019, Noted Actor, writer, and playwright Girish Karnad was passed away due to multiple-organ failure in Bengaluru at the age of 81. He was a recipient of 1998 Jnanpith award, 1974 Padma Shri and 1992 Padma Bhushan award for literature.
- Name the first movie to win President’s Golden Lotus Award for Kannada cinema.
3) Vamsha Vriksha
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Samskara
Girish Karnard was born on May 19, 1938, in Mathern, Maharastra. He worked in Bollywood and South Indian films. He made his acting and screenwriting debut at the film Samskara, which won the President’s Golden Lotus Award.Vamsha Vruksha, Ek Tha Tiger and Malgudi days are some movies and TV serial which he played an important role.He also served as the Director of the Film and Television Institute of India from 1974 to 1975 and the Chairman of the Sangeet Natak Akademi. His autobiography Aadaadtha Ayushya was released in 2011.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- Who is the chairman of State Bank of India (SBI) ?Answer – Rajnish Kumar
- What is the tagline of Paytm Payments Bank ?Answer – Simplifying Payments for India
- Where is the headquarter of African Union ?Answer – Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- What is the Capital and Currency of UAE ?Answer – Capital: Abu Dhabi & Currency: UAE Dirham
- Who is the Executive Director of United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) ?Answer – Henrietta Holsman Fore
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification