AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs June 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2019 updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs June 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs May 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
Questions Based on Current Affairs June 1 2019
- On 31st May 2019, `In the first meeting of Cabinet ,Prime Minister has approved major changes in the ‘Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme (PMSS)’ under the ________________.
1.National Research Fund
2.National Empowerment Fund
3. National Defence Fund
4. National Fund for Educational Development
5. None of theseAnswer – 3. National Defence Fund
In the first meeting of Cabinet, chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved major changes in the PM’s Scholarship Scheme under the National Defence Fund. The Cabinet has increased the rates of scholarship from Rs 2,000 per month to Rs 2,500 per month for boys and Rs 2,250 per month to Rs 3,000 Rs per month for girls. This has been implemented for encouraging technical and post-graduate education for the widows and wards of the deceased and ex-service personnel of Armed Forces, Para Military Forces and Railway Protection Forces.
- How much of monthly pension has been approved by cabinet to small traders, businessmen, and shopkeepers under Pradhan Mantri Kisan Pension Yojana (PM-KPY) on 31st May 2019?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.3000
Cabinet meeting chaired by PM Modi has approved to give monthly pension of Rs 3,000 to small traders, businessmen, and shopkeepers after they attain the age of 60 years. All small shopkeepers, self-employed persons and retail traders who have Goods and Services Tax (GST) turnover below Rs 1.5 crore and also aged between 18 years to 40 years are eligible under the scheme. This decision will benefit 5 crore small traders in the upcoming three years.
- Under which scheme Union Cabinet has approved the extension from earlier two hectares of land to all eligible farmer families, irrespective of the size of their landholding?
1. Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana
2. Pradhan Mantri Kisan Pension Yojana
3. Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awaas Yojana
4. Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana
5. None of theseAnswer – 1. Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi
The newly formed Union Cabinet has given its consent for the extension of the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana ((PM-KISAN) to all eligible farmer families, irrespective of the size of their landholding. Earlier, it was applicable to farmers having two hectares of land. The Cabinet also cleared pension schemes Pradhan Mantri Kisan Pension Yojana for farmers. It will provide a minimum fixed pension of Rs 3,000 per month to farmers above the age of 60.
- Cabinet approved new initiative to control Foot & Mouth Disease (FMD) and __________to support livestock rearing farmers.
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Brucellosis
The Cabinet, first since the outcome of the 2019 Lok Sabha election, approved a new initiative to control Foot and Mouth Disease (FMD) and Brucellosis to support livestock rearing farmers The FMD and Brucellosis is a common threat among livestock like cow-bulls, buffaloes, sheeps, goats, pigs etc.
- Kasturirangan Committee submitted the draft National Education Policy to the Union HRD Minister recently.Who is the new Union Human Resource Development Minister of India?
1. Ravi Shankar Prasad
2. Narendra Singh Tomar
3. Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’
4. Ram Vilas Paswan
5. None of theseAnswer – 3. Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’
The K. Kasturirangan Committee has submitted the 484-pages draft report of National Education Policy to the new Union Human Resource Development Minister Ramesh Pokhariyal. The report on National Education Policy has been put on the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD)’s website for suggestions from the public till June 30.Click here to know complete list of new union ministers.
- National Sample Survey Organization (NSSO) data has showed that India has 20.6 health workers per 10,000 people.Which Indian city has highest concentration of health workers?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4. Delhi
A recent study based on National Sample Survey Organization (NSSO) data has showed that India has 20.6 health workers per 10,000 people. This is less than World health Organization’s (WHO) minimum overreach of 22.8 per 10,000 people. Delhi has the highest concentration of health workers followed by Kerala, Punjab, and Haryana.
- Name the Chile city which became the southernmost city in the world.
1. Puerto Varas
2. Puerto Natales
3. Puerto Montt
4. Puerto Williams
5. None of theseAnswer – 4. Puerto Williams
Puerto Williams in Chile has become the southernmost city in the world after getting its status upgraded to city category. Previously, southernmost city was Ushuaia in Argentina.
- International rating agency Fitch Ratings certified long-term IDRs to six banks with ‘BBB-‘ a stable outlook. What is D in IDR?
5. None of theseAnswer – 2. Default (Issuer Default Ratings)
International rating agency Fitch Ratings certified long-term Issuer Default Ratings (IDRs) to six banks.
It affirmed the long-term IDRs to State Bank of India(SBI), Bank of Baroda(BOB), Punjab National Bank(PNB), Bank of Baroda (New Zealand), Canara Bank and Bank of India(BOI) with ‘BBB-‘ a stable outlook.
- Which bank has joined hands with Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA) to expand Development Finance in Asia and Pacific to increase the flow of private sector investment?
1. European Investment Bank(EIB)
2. Asian Development Bank(ADB)
3. International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD)
4. Eurasian Development Bank(EDB)
5. None of theseAnswer – 2. Asian Development Bank(ADB)
On May 30, 2019,The Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA), the political risk insurance arm of the World Bank Group, have agreed to expand Development Finance in Asia and Pacific to increase the flow of private sector investment.
- What is the rate of Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth in the January-March quarter(Q4) of 2018-19 according to the data released by the Central Statistics Office (CSO)?
5. None of theseAnswer – 1. 5.8%
As per the data released by the Central Statistics Office (CSO), the rate of gross domestic product (GDP) growth in the January-March quarter of 2018-19 decreased to 5.8% as compared to the forecast of 6.5%. The economic growth rate for the full 2018-19 financial year stood at a 5-year low of 6.8% in comparison to 7.1%.
- Name the bank which partnered with Centrum Wealth Management Ltd(Centrum) to form private limited Joint Venture(JV) to provide wealth management services to its clients.
1. Lakshmi Vilas Bank
2. South Indian Bank
3. Dhanlaxmi Bank
4. Karur Vysya Bank
5. None of theseAnswer – 4. Karur Vysya Bank
Karur Vysya Bank Ltd (KVB) partnered with Centrum Wealth Management Ltd(Centrum) to form private limited Joint Venture(JV) to provide wealth management services to its clients. KVB will hold 51% of the share capital, Centrum will hold 45% and the remaining 4% will be held by the JV’s Staff.
- Who has became the first IAF woman pilot to become fully operational by day on Hawk advanced jet aircraft?
1. Padmavathy Bandopadhyay
2. Priya Jhingan
3. Mohana Singh
4. Nivedita Choudhary
5. None of theseAnswer – 3. Mohana Singh
Flight Lieutenant Mohana Singh became the first IAF woman pilot to become fully operational by day on Hawk advanced jet aircraft. She landed the gruelling 4 aircraft combat sortie at the Kalaikunda Air Force Station in West Bengal.
- Name the Indian who has been appointed Deputy Executive Director of the UN Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN Women).
1. Anita Bhatia
2. Kiran Bedi
3. Urmila Singh
4. Kamla Beniwal
5. None of theseAnswer – 1.Anita Bhatia
Anita Bhatia, has been appointed by UN Secretary-General Antonio as the Deputy Executive Director of the UN Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN Women).
- Anton Aditya Subowo re-elected as a president of ______________.
1. Tennis Asia
2. Football Asia
3. Table Tennis Asia
4. Badminton Asia
5. None of theseAnswer – 4. Badminton Asia
Indonesia’s Anton Aditya subowo re-elected as a president of badminton
for another four year period.
- Name the Senior Aviation Official to hold additional charge as Director General(DG) of Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA).
1. Naveen Sharma
2. Arun Kumar
3. Rishi Vardhan
5. None of theseAnswer – 2. Arun Kumar
Arun Kumar, additional secretary in the ministry of Civil Aviation was assigned with an additional charge as the Director General(DG) of Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA). He assumed the charge on June 1, 2019, succeeding B S Bhullar who retired on May 31, 2019.
- Sachin Bansal to join Ujjivan Small Finance banks as its independent director.He is a co-founder of which e-commerce company?
5. None of theseAnswer – 1.Flipkart
Flipkart’s co-founder Sachin Bansal to join Ujjivan Small Finance banks as it’s independent director from June 1st. This step is taken in order to achieve the banks plan to upgrade itself as an state-of-the-art mass market bank.
- To whom the Cabinet has given 3 month extension to continue as Defence Secretary in office up to August 23, 2019?
1. Pradeep Kumar Sinha
2. Sanjay Mitra
3. Rajiv Gauba
4. Birendar Singh
5. None of theseAnswer – 2.Sanjay Mitra
On May 31, 2019, The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has given 3 month extension in office to the Defence Secretary Sanjay Mitra up to August 23, 2019. He was supposed to retire from his service on May 31, 2019 after the completion of 2 years in office.
- Where was the Under-20 Eurasian Athletics Championships held?
5. None of theseAnswer – 4.Kazhakstan
At the Under-20 Eurasian Athletics Championships held at Almaty, Kazakshstan, Indian juniors bagged 5 gold and 3 silver medals. The national teams from Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Iran, India and Tajikistan participated in a 2 day event held on May 29-30, 2019.
- Which Football Club had won UEFA Europa League 2019 at the Baku Olympic Stadium, Azarbaijan?
2. Manchester City
5. None of theseAnswer – 4. Chelsea
Chealsea produced their best to win the UEFA Europa League 2019 by beating Arsenal 4-1 at the Baku Olympic Stadium, Azarbaijan.
- Global Day of Parents is observed globally on 1st June.Theme of 2019 is________.
1.” selfless commitment to Parents”
2. ”You and your Parents”
3. ” Honor your parents”
4. “Be with old age Parents”
5. None of theseAnswer – 3. ” Honor your parents”
Global Day of Parents is observed globally on 1st June to honor parents all around the world. It aims to celebrate parent’s selfless love to shape their children’s future. Theme for this year – Honor your parents.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- Expand NSSO.National Sample Survey Organization (NSSO)
- Name the capital and currency of Chile.Capital – Santiago; Currency – Chilean peso
- Where is the headquarters of Asian Development Bank?Mandaluyong, Manila, Philippines
- Who is the Chief Minister of Assam?Sarbananda Sonowal
- Where was the Valmiki National Park located?Bihar
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification