AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs July 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2019 updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs July 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs June 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
Questions Based on Current Affairs July 8 2019
- Name the Operation launched by the Border Security Force (BSF) to fortify Anti-Infiltration Grid along the Pakistan border in Punjab and Jammu .
1) Operation Steeplechase
2) Operation Vijay
3) Operation Sudarshan
4) Operation Polo
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Operation Sudarshan
The operation, code named ‘Sudarshan’ was launched by the Border Security Force (BSF) to fortify Anti-Infiltration Grid along the Pakistan border in Punjab and Jammu. The massive exercise commenced on July 1, 2019. Name: The exercise is named ‘Sudarshan’ drawing from the legendary and mythological cutting wheel or the ‘sudarshan chakra’ on Lord Krishna’s finger.Coverage: It will cover over 1,000-kms length of the India-Pakistan International Border. Jammu shares about 485-kms of the International border with Pakistan, about 553-kms of the front is in Punjab and on India’s western flank with Rajasthan and Gujarat.
- Expand NCGG ?
1) National Centre for Good Governance
2) Nominal Centre for Good Government
3) National Centre for Greenhouse Gases
4) National Centre for General Goods
5) None fo theseAnswer – 1) National Centre for Good Governance
The full form of NCGG is National Centre for Good Governance.
- Where will India’s National Centre for Good Governance(NCGG) train 1800 Bangladeshi civil servants between 2019-2025 ?
1) Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh
2) Segemai, Uttar Pradesh
3) Dharamsala, Himachal Pradesh
4) Mussoorie, Uttarakhand
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Mussoorie, Uttarakhand
1800 Bangladeshi civil servants will be trained at the National Centre for Good Governance (NCGG) in Mussoorie, Uttarakhand between 2019-2025 based on the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed in February 2019 between NCGG and Ministry of Public Administration, Government of Bangladesh in the 5th meeting of the India-Bangladesh Joint Consultative Commission (JCC).It was the 2nd MoU signed by NCGG to train the Bangladeshi civil servants. Under the 1st MOU which was signed 5 years ago 1,500 Bangladesh civil servants were trained.On July 5, 2019, the first batch of 30 civil servants leaving for a two-week long training programme in Mussoorie visited the Indian High Commission in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Which state has been adjudged as one of the country’s five best performing states under National Programme Beti Bachao Beti Padhao (BBBP) scheme ?
1) Uttar Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Uttarakhand
Uttarakhand has been adjudged as one of the country’s five best performing states under the National Programme Beti Bachao Beti Padhao (BBBP) scheme aimed at addressing declining child sex ratio and issues of women empowerment. As per the Union Ministry of Women and Child Development, the State received this recognition for its consistent performance in respect of sex ratio at birth.
- Bhiwani and Mahendragarh of which state has been adjudged as the best performing districts under National Programme Beti Bachao Beti Padhao (BBBP) scheme for consistent performance in respect of the sex ratio at birth (SRB)?
1) Uttar Pradesh
4) Madhya Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Haryana
In addition to Uttarakhand, Haryana has bagged three awards, including one state-level and two district-level awards, for consistent performance in respect of the sex ratio at birth (SRB).The two districts of Haryana which won the award are Bhiwani and Mahendragarh.
- Name the world’s largest burn and plastic surgery institute, which started its functioning in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
1) Sheikh Hasina National Burn and Plastic Surgery Institute
2) Fakhruddin Ahmed National Burn and Plastic Surgery Institute
3) Fazlul Haque National Burn and Plastic Surgery Institute
4) Iajuddin Ahmed National Burn and Plastic Surgery Institute
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Sheikh Hasina National Burn and Plastic Surgery Institute
On July 4, 2019, The world’s largest burn and plastic surgery institute named Sheikh Hasina National Burn and Plastic Surgery Institute started its functioning in Dhaka, Bangladesh. The Outpatient Department (OPD) of the institute was inaugurated by the Health and Family Welfare Minister of Bangladesh Zahid Maleque. It is a 500-bed hospital with 50 Intensive Care Units (ICUs) and 12 operation theatres. It will provide advanced treatment to burn patients in Bangladesh.It was built at a cost of over 500 crores Taka.
- Which country has recently inaugurated its first model village built with Indian assistance of Rs 1,200 million ($17.5 million)?
4) Sri Lanka
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Sri Lanka
On July 6, 2019, The first model village built with Indian assistance under the Model Villages Program was jointly inaugurated by Minister of Housing and Construction and Cultural Affairs Sajith Premadasa, former President Chandrika Bandaranayke Kumaratunga and Acting High Commissioner of India Shilpak Ambule at Ranidugama in Gampaha in Sri Lanka.Partnership: India entered into a partnership with the Ministry of Housing and Construction and Cultural Affairs of Sri Lanka to build 100 model village consisting of a total of 2,400 houses across Sri Lanka. Project: It is a part of a housing project meant for war-affected people in the north and east Sri Lanka and estate workers in the plantation areas. 2,400 houses are in addition to the 60,000 accommodations built under the Indian Housing Project.
- SGB was in news recently, ‘S’ stands for __________________ ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Sovereign
The full form of SGB is Sovereign Gold Bonds.
- What is the price of new series of Sovereign Gold Bonds (SGBs) per gram?
1) Rs 3,243 per gram
2) Rs 3,343 per gram
3) Rs 3,443 per gram
4) Rs 3,543 per gram
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Rs 3,443 per gram
The government fixed the price of the new series of Sovereign Gold Bonds (SGBs) at Rs 3,443 per gram opening July 8, 2019. In consultation with the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), the Centre decided to allow a discount of Rs 50 per gram from the issue price (Rs 3,393 per gram) to those investors who apply online and if the payment is made through digital mode. SGBs will be issued every month from June 2019 to September 2019. Under SGB scheme, launched in November 2015, bonds are denominated in units of one gram of gold and multiples thereof. Minimum Investment in bonds is 1 gram and a maximum limit of subscription of 500 gram/person/fiscal year (April-March).
- Name the Non-Profit Organization which was awarded as CSR Implementation Partner in the leadership category for its association with WPP India CSR Foundation for ‘Project Little Hearts’ .
1) Genesis Foundation
2) 7Road Welfare Foundation
3) Aanya Foundation
4) We The People Welfare Foundation
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Genesis Foundation
At the 3rd edition of CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) Health Impact Awards organized at Hyatt Regency in New Delhi, Genesis Foundation, a Gurgaon based Non-Profit Organization was awarded as CSR Implementation Partner in the leadership category for its association with WPP India CSR Foundation for ‘Project Little Hearts’. It was awarded for its contribution to the treatment of underprivileged children suffering from congenital heart disorders (CHD).The CSR Health Impact Award recognizes and applauds organizations which have implemented health-focused CSR ventures to impact lives.
- Who was appointed as the Director General of Fire Services, Civil Defence and Home Guard by Central Government ?
1) R.N. Batara
2) S.N Pradhan
3) Sarda Nand Singh
4) M Nageswar Rao
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) M Nageswar Rao
IPS officer from Odisha cadre, M Nageswar Rao, has been removed from his current post of Additional Director of CBI and appointed as the Director General of Fire Services, Civil Defence and Home Guard by Central Government. He will continue this post till July 2020. He will succeed S.N Pradhan. Earlier Mr.Alok Verma had been transferred to Fire Services as Director General from the CBI department, but Verma denied the offer and never took charge as DG of Fire services.
- From which country, India is set to buy the Excalibur artillery ammunition under the emergency procurement procedures ?
2) United States
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) United States
The Indian Army will buy the Excalibur artillery ammunition from the US (United States) under the emergency procurement procedures. It can strike targets more than 50 km away with the use of the GPS (Global Positioning System). It can be busted in the air and after its penetration into bunker-type structures by using its different fuses.
- Name the gene linked to schizophrenia discovered by the University of Queensland in Australia and a team of Indian researchers led by R Thara .
1) NFPRT 1
4) SCPRT 1
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) NAPRT1
After 18 years of research, Scientists from the University of Queensland in Australia and a team of Indian researchers led by R Thara, co-founder and director of the Chennai-based Schizophrenia Research Foundation have discovered a new gene directly linked to schizophrenia. They identified a gene called NAPRT1 which encodes an enzyme involved in vitamin B3 metabolism.Schizophrenia is a chronic and severe mental disorder that affects how a person thinks, feels, and behaves.
- What is the name of the ship, which is set out for Arctic Mission to study the impact of climate change in which researchers from 17 nations participated ?
1) RV Polarstern
2) RV Yamal
3) RV Sikuliaq
4) RV Kronprins Haakon
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) RV Polarstern
The German icebreaker RV Polarstern, a hulking ship will set out for the Arctic mission. It will trap scientists for a year in ice in the Arctic Ocean to study the impact of climate change. Researchers from 17 nations will participate in the mission. They will allow the water to freeze around them. The mission will be led by Markus Rex of Alfred Wegener Institute in Germany. The outlay of this expedition is $158 million.
- Where was the Grand Prix of Spain Women’s Wrestling 2019 held ?
1) Ankara, Spain
2) Valencia, Spain
3) Córdoba, Spain
4) Madrid, Spain
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Madrid, Spain
At the Grand Prix of Spain Women’s Wrestling for the year 2019 held in Madrid, India finished second with 130 points in team championship behind Russia which stood at 165 points.
- Who won the 1st gold medal after shifting to the 53kg category in Grand Prix of Spain Women’s Wrestling ?
1) Ritu Phogat
2) Vinesh Phogat
3) Babita Kumari
4) Sakshi Malik
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Vinesh Phogat
India’s top wrestler Vinesh Phogat, Gold medalist at Jakarta Asian Games, won her 1st gold medal after shifting to the 53kg category by defeating Dutch rival Jessica Blaszka in the final.Asian Games bronze medallist Divya Kakran won gold in the 68 kg category against Poland’s Agnieszka Wieszczek-Kordus in the final.World Championship bronze medallist Pooja Dhanda in 57kg category settled with silver after losing the title clash to Russia’s Veronika Chumikova.Silver medals were also won by Seema (50kg), Manju Kumari (59kg) and Kiran (76kg) who lost their gold medals to Poland’s Iwona Matkowska, Russia’s Liubov Ovcharova and Ksennia Burakova, respectively.
- Who won the gold medal in women’s 200m race in 2019 Kutno Athletics Meet in Poland ?
1) Chitra Soman
2) Pinki Pramanik
3) Hima Das
4) VK Vismaya
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Hima Das
India’s Hima Das from Assam won her second international gold in women’s 200m race with a time of 23.97 seconds and VK Vismaya bagged silver with a time of 24.06 seconds at 2019 Kutno Athletics Meet in Poland. Muhammed Anas also won the gold in men’s 200m race with a time of 21.18 seconds at the event.MP Jabir won the gold in men’s 400m hurdles in 50.21 seconds while Jithin Paul won bronze with 52.26 secs.
S.No Category Medal Name 1 Women’s 200m race Gold Hima Das 2 Silver VK Vismaya 3 Men’s 200m race Gold Muhammed Anas 4 Men’s 400m hurdles Gold M P Jabir 5 Bronze Jithin Paul
- Where was the FIFA Women’s World Cup 2019 or 8th edition of the FIFA Women’s World Cup held ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) France
From 7th June to 7th July, FIFA Women’s World Cup 2019 or 8th edition of the FIFA Women’s World Cup was held in France in 9 cities.
- Which country won the FIFA Women’s World Cup 2019 or 8th edition of the FIFA Women’s World Cup for the record 4th time & became the 2nd nation to successfully retain the title ?
4) United States
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) United States
From 7th June to 7th July, FIFA Women’s World Cup 2019 or 8th edition of the FIFA Women’s World Cup was held in France in 9 cities. United States(US), the defending champion won the FIFA Women’s World Cup 2019 by defeating the Netherlands. 24 teams participated in the tournament. The prize money was $30 million. United States (US) won the tournament for the record fourth time and became the second nation, after Germany, to have successfully retained the title.The United States already won the tournament in the year 2015, which was held in Canada.
- Who won the Best Player of the tournament award (Golden Boot Award) in FIFA Women’s World Cup 2019 or 8th edition of the FIFA Women’s World Cup ?
1) Rose Lavelle
2) Megan Rapinoe
3) Alex Morgan
4) Ellen White
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Megan Rapinoe
Megan Rapinoe of United States won the Best Player of the tournament award (Golden Boot Award) followed by Silver Boot: Alex Morgan (USA), and Bronze Boot: Ellen White (ENG). Megan Rapinoe of the United States won the Top Scorer of the tournament award (Golden Ball Award) followed by Silver Ball: Lucy Bronze (ENG), and Bronze Ball: Rose Lavelle (USA). Giulia Gwinn of Germany won the Best young player of the tournament award. Sari van Veenendaal of Netherland won the Best goalkeeper of the tournament award (Golden Glove). France won the Fair Play award in the tournament.
- Which country won the 46th Edition of Copa America in Brazil ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Brazil
At the 46th Edition of Copa America held between 14 June to 7 July 2019 at 6 venues, the host country, Brazil defeated Peru with 3-1 scores to clinch the Copa America Title 2019 in the finals held at Estadio do Maracana in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. It was the 9th title for Brazil and first since 2007.
- Who won the Men’s Singles title in Canada Open 2019, officially known as the YONEX Canada Open 2019, held in Markin-MacPhail Centre, Canada ?
1) Li Shi feng
2) Hiroki Okamura
3) Mathias Boe
4) Mads Conrad-Petersen
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Li Shi feng
From July 2 to 7th July 2019 Badminton Tournament, Canada Open 2019, officially known as the YONEX Canada Open 2019, held in Markin-MacPhail Centre, Canada with total prize money of $75,000. Li Shi Feng of China won the Men’s Singles title.
- Parupalli Kashyap is associated with which sport ?
2) Table Tennis
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Badminton
He belongs to Badminton.He recently participated in Canada Open 2019 & became the runner in Men’s Singles category.
Event Winner Runner Men’s Singles Li Shi feng ( China) Parupalli Kashyap(India) Women’s Singles An Se-young (South Korea) Wang Zhiyi (China) Men’s Doubles Mathias Boe & Mads Conrad-Petersen(Denmark) Hiroki Okamura & Masayuki Onodera(Japan) Women’s Doubles Setyana Mapasa & Gronya Somerville(Australia) Chang Ye-na & Kim Hye-rin(South Korea) Mixed Doubles Ko Sung-hyun & Eom Hye-won(South Korea) Guo Xinwa & Zhang Shuxian(China)
- Which country was permitted to compete in the 2020 Olympics by International Olympic Committee (IOC) ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Kuwait
International Olympic Committee (IOC) has removed a ban on the Kuwait Olympic Committee (KOC) and permitted to compete in the 2020 Olympics.Kuwait was suspended in October 2015 following “undue government interference after a sports law that was not compatible with the basic principles that govern the Olympic Movement was passed in the country”. FIFA also suspended the Kuwait Football Association for the same reason in October 2015 but removed the ban in December 2017.KOC had successfully implemented “a roadmap agreed between all parties” and it participated in the 2020 Olympics. Sheikh Fahad Nasser Sabah Ahmad Al Sabah was elected President of the KOC recently.
- Cricketer Shoaib Malik announced retirement, he is from which country ?
2) South Africa
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Pakistan
The 37-year-old Former Pakistan captain and all-rounder Shoaib Malik had announced his retirement from One Day International Cricket after completed his 2019 World Cup series at the Lord’s in London. He played his last ODI match against India at 2019 World Cup in Manchester. Malik played 287 ODIs and scored 7,534 runs at an average of 34.55. He scored nine centuries and 44 half- half-centuries. He also took 158 wickets in his ODI career.
- Who released a book titled Vivekadeepini, a summary of Prashnottara Ratnamalika written by Adi Shankaracharya ?
1) Venkaiah Naidu
2) Nirmala Sitharaman
3) Ram Nath Kovind
4) Amit Shah
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Venkaiah Naidu
The Vice President of India, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu released a book titled Vivekadeepini, a summary of Prashnottara Ratnamalika written by Adi Shankaracharya, one of India’s greatest spiritual and literary geniuses. It is a concise book of aphorisms (a memorable expression of a general truth or principle).The book has been translated into ten languages- English, Hindi, Bengali, Kannada, Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam, Marathi Gujarati and Odia.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- Where is the headquarter of International Olympic Committee(IOC) located ?Answer – Lausanne, Switzerland
- Who is the President of Fédération Internationale de Football Association(FIFA)?Answer – Gianni Infantino
- What is the Capital and Currency of Sri lanka ?Answer – Capital: Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte, Colombo & Currency: Sri Lankan rupee
- Who is the Director General of Border Security Force (BSF) ?Answer – Rajni Kant Mishra
- Beti Bachao Beti Padhao (BBBP) Scheme is a joint initiative of which ministry ?Answer – Ministry of Women and Child Development, the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and the Ministry of Human Resource Development
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification