AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs July 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2019 updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs July 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs June 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
- ETPBS was in news recently,what does T stands for _________ .
1) T – Tax
2) T – Trade
3) T – Transmitted
4) T – Transaction
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) T – Transmitted
T stands for Transmitted.The full form of ETPBS is Electronically Transmitted Postal Ballot System.
- How much percent of vote was registered in Lok Sabha by using the Electronically Transmitted Postal Ballot System (ETPBS) ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) 60.14%
Using the Electronically Transmitted Postal Ballot System (ETPBS), out of the 18,02,646 service electors, 10,84,266 e-postal ballots were received indicating 60.14% turnout in Lok Sabha elections 2019. Only 4% was registered in 2014.Persons working in paramilitary forces, the military and government officials deployed in diplomatic missions outside India are classified as Service Voters.Out of the total number of Service Electors in 2019 polls, 10,16,245 were from the Ministry of Defence; 7,82,595 were from the Ministry of Home Affairs (Central Armed Police Forces); 3539 from the Ministry of External Affairs and 267 from the State Police.
- Name the Scheme, which was praised by International Energy Agency (IEA) for providing free cooking gas connection to poor .
1) Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY)
2) Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awaas Yojana (PMAY-G)
3) Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY)
4) Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY)
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY)
The International Energy Agency (IEA) Executive Director Fatih Biro praised Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY) for providing free cooking gas connection to poor. He said that it is a major achievement in improving the environment and health of women. Nearly 7.4 crore such connections were given and the aim is to give 8 crore connections by 2020.
- Who will head the reconstituted Group of Ministers (GoM), called the “Air India Specific Alternative Mechanism (AISAM)” on Air India disinvestment ?
1) Narendra Singh Tomar
2) Amit Shah
3) Narendra Modi
4) Ram Vilas Paswan
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Amit Shah
On July 18, 2019, Union Government reconstituted the Group of Ministers (GoM) called the Air India Specific Alternative Mechanism (AISAM) on Air India disinvestment. The group is headed by Home minister Amit Shah and comprises of 3 other ministers namely finance minister Nirmala Sitharaman, commerce, and railway minister Piyush Goyal and civil aviation minister Hardeep Singh Puri. The panel will work out modalities for sale of Air India.
- Who has been appointed as the chairperson of Inland Waterways Authority of India(IWAI) ?
1) Y. N. Sukthankar
2) Vishnu Sahay
3) Amita Prasad
4) S. S. Khera
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Amita Prasad
On July 19, 2019, As per the order issued by the Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT),Government of India, Amita Prasad(IAS,1985 batch Karnataka) has been appointed as chairperson of Inland Waterways Authority of India(IWAI), Ministry of Shipping, in the rank and pay of secretary. She replaces Shri Jalaj Shrivastava.Jyoti Arora, a 1987 batch Haryana cadre IAS appointed as Additional Secretary and Financial Advisor in Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology. 1987 batch Odisha cadre IAS, Rajesh Verma has been appointed as Additional Secretary Agriculture Ministry Indevar Pandey, a 88 batch West Bengal Cadre IAS has been entrusted with the charges of Additional Secretary, Ministry of Development of North Eastern region. Bharat Lal, an 88-batch Gujarat cadre forest officer, has been shifted to Jal Shakti Ministry as an additional secretary.
- Which city topped the “most digitised cities” as per Razorpay Software Pvt Ltd’s digital transactions quarterly(April-June 2019 ) report, ‘The Era of Rising Fintech’ ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Bengaluru
According to the 2nd edition of payments solution company Razorpay Software Pvt Ltd’s digital transactions quarterly report, ‘The Era of Rising Fintech’, Bengaluru got the top position in the list of “most digitised cities” in the April-June 2019 quarter accounting for highest card payments.Cities list: Bengaluru is followed by Hyderabad, Mumbai, Pune, and Delhi.States list: The top five digitised states are Karnataka, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, and New Delhi.Development: The report noticed Tamil Nadu is among one of the most developed states in India ranked 4th in contribution in digital transactions with its capital, Chennai’s share was highest at 57%.
- Who inaugurated the architectural illumination of the historic Safdarjung Tomb in New Delhi ?
1) Pralhad Joshi
2) Harsimrat Kaur Badal
3) Arjun Munda
4) Prahlad Singh Patel
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Prahlad Singh Patel
On July 20, 2019, Culture Minister, Prahlad Singh Patel has inaugurated the architectural illumination of the historic Safdarjung Tomb in New Delhi. To highlight the architecture of the 17th Century monument, arches and minarets & a total of 213 technologically advanced LED lights have been used. The consumption of LED (light-emitting diode) lights 62% less electricity as compared to conventional light fixtures.Archaeological Survey of India has taken up the project to illuminate the important monuments of national capital to highlight the archaeological magnificence of historical monuments.The illumination that aims to enhance the tourist experience showcase the monuments during Delhi’s late evenings.
- Which film has been included into NFAI(National Film Archives of India) recently ?
2) Indu Sarkar
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Indu Sarkar
National Award-winning Indian filmmaker Madhur Bhandarkar’s political thriller film ‘Indu Sarkar’ has been included into NFAI(National Film Archives of India).The film was also screened at KARO cinema in Moscow, Russia in 2017 based on true events of the emergency period of 1975 to 1977.Bhandarkar’s previous films Chandni Bar, Page 3, Corporate’, Traffic Signal, Jail, and Fashion were already preserved in NFAI.He received his first National Award for Chandni Bar (2001) on social issues and thereon won National awards for the Best Feature Film and Best Director for his films Page-3(2005) and Traffic Signal (2007) respectively. His movie Fashion (2008) also won National Awards for Best Actress (Priyanka Chopra).
- Where was the G7 finance ministers meeting held ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) France
G7 finance ministers meeting held in France
- Which plan was agreed by the Group of Seven (G7) finance ministers during their meeting in France ?
1) Environmental Protection by 2023
2) Two-pillar taxation for large tech companies to be adopted by 2020
3) Climate Change by 2022
4) Eradication of TB by 2025
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Two-pillar taxation for large tech companies to be adopted by 2020
On July 18, 2019, In the event of G7 finance ministers meeting in France, all fully supported two-pillar taxation for large tech companies to be adopted by 2020.Digital Taxes: They agreed on a plan for taxing digital companies such as Facebook, Google, and Amazon in the countries in which they make money, even without any physical presence in the country.They also agreed that a minimum level of effective taxation would contribute to ensuring that companies pay their fair share of tax.The plan would have to be further developed by the G20 group of top 20 economies and then implemented under the aegis of the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD).
- Which Payment Bank will shut down its operations within 18 months, which had started its operation on February 22, 2018 ?
1) Aditya Birla Idea Payments Bank (ABIPBL)
3) Airtel Payments Bank india
4) Jio Payments Bank india
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Aditya Birla Idea Payments Bank (ABIPBL)
Aditya Birla Idea Payments Bank (ABIPBL) which had started its operation on February 22, 2018, will shut down its operations within 18 months of launch due to “unanticipated developments in the business landscape that have made the economic model unviable”. ABIPBL is a joint venture by Aditya Birla Nuvo Ltd (51% stake) and Idea Cellular (49%).The bank has made full and complete arrangements for the return of deposits to the customers. It will restrict further credit to the accounts from July 26, 2019.It will be the first payments bank to close down after this set of niche banks were started by former Reserve Bank of India governor Raghuram Rajan in 2015.
- Who became the Israel‘s longest-serving prime minister after spending 4,876 days (more than 13 years) in office ?
1) Ehud Barak
2) Ariel Sharon
3) Ehud Olmert
4) Benjamin Netanyahu
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Benjamin Netanyahu
Benjamin Netanyahu(69), who has spent 4,876 days (more than 13 years) in office has become Israel‘s longest-serving prime minister, surpassing the record of David Ben-Gurion, country’s founding father, and first leader. In 1996, he won his first election, becoming Israel’s youngest-ever Prime Minister at the age of 46.He secured his 5th term earlier in 2019 but has called fresh elections after failing to form a government. He currently entangled in a series of corruptions affairs and calls for him to resign, but he has denied all accusations, dismissing them as politically motivated.He led the Likud party, has a reputation for Israel-Palestinian peace process.
- Which country’s Prime Minister, Ramush Haradinaj, (PM) has stepped down from his post ?
3) North Macedonia
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Kosovo
On July 19, 2019, Ramush Haradinaj, prime minister (PM) of Kosovo, Serbia’s southern province has stepped down from his post after he was summoned for questioning as a suspect by the Kosovo Specialist Chambers in The Hague, investigating crimes against ethnic Serbs during the country’s 1998-99 war. Haradinaj, former leader of the Kosovo Liberation Army (KLA), took office as prime minister in September 2017.In 2005, he was forced to step down as PM because of a war-crime case against him.Kosovo unilaterally declared independence from Serbia in 2008 and it is recognized by the US (United States) and most of the West, but not by Serbia and its allies Russia and China.
- Name the first Asian tennis player, who was inducted into Tennis Hall of Fame .
1) Zheng Saisai
2) Peng Shuai
3) Li Na
4) Wang Qiang
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Li Na
Li Na reached the world No. 2 ranking and was a champion at the French Open and the Australian Open. She is the first Asian to be inducted into Tennis Hall of Fame.
- Mary Pierce of which country has inducted into Tennis Hall of Fame along with Li Na, and Yevgeny Kafelnikov recently ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) France
Chinese tennis great Li Na, France’s Mary Pierce and Yevgeny Kafelnikov of Russia were inducted into Tennis Hall of Fame. They all are two-time Grand Slam singles champions. Li Na reached the world No. 2 ranking and was a champion at the French Open and the Australian Open. She is the first Asian to be inducted into Tennis Hall of Fame.Pierce is a former world No. 3 in singles and doubles, and a four-time major champion. She has won the singles title at the Australian Open, singles and doubles titles at Roland-Garros, and a mixed doubles title at Wimbledon.Kafelnikov is a former world No. 1, Olympic Gold Medalist, and the winner of four major doubles titles.
- Who became India’s 64th Grandmaster (GM) during Portuguese League 2019 ?
1) Surya Shekhar Ganguly
2) Pentala Harikrishna
3) Praveen Thipsay
4) Prithu Gupta
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Prithu Gupta
On July 18, 2019, Prithu Gupta of Delhi, aged 15 years, became India’s 64th Grandmaster (GM). He achieved the rating stipulation of 2500 points by beating Germany’s Lev Yankelevich in the fifth round of the Portuguese League 2019. He is a Class X student of Modern School (Vasant Vihar), Delhi.His achievement came 31 years after Viswanathan Anand had become India’s first Grandmaster.D Gukesh is the youngest GM of India at 12 years, 7 months and 17 days.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- What is the Capital and Currency of Kosovo ?Answer – Capital: Prishtina & Currency: Euro
- Who is the President of Israel ?Answer – Reuven Rivlin
- Under which ministry National Film Archives of India(NFAI) functions ?Answer – Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
- When & where the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY) was launched ?Answer – May 1, 2016, in Ballia, Uttar Pradesh
- Name the Group of Seven (G7) countries .Answer – Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the United Kingdom, and the United States