AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs July 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2019 updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs July 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs June 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
- Who released the report titled ‘National Digital Health Blueprint’ which proposes to form a National Digital Health Mission ?
1) Raj Kumar Singh
2) Jitendra Singh
3) Kiren Rijiju
4) Dr. Harshavardhan
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Dr. Harshavardhan
On July 15, 2019, A high-level committee set up by the Union ministry of health and Family Welfare, Government of India has produced their report called ‘National Digital Health Blueprint’ was released by Health Minister Dr. Harshavardhan in New Delhi. The committee proposed to form a National Digital Health Mission & both the centre and state Governments will be the owners and stakeholders in the new organization.Combined GST-N(Goods and Service Tax Network) and UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) models of the institutional structure has also been proposed by the committee. It has been put in the public domain for suggestions from all stakeholders, including common people.
- GST- N is in news recently, what does N stands for _______________ .
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Network
N stands for Network in GST-N.The full form of GST-N is Goods and Service Tax Network.
- Which institute has collaborated with the Ministry of Health to lead the largest pan-India Oral Health Survey 2019 ?
1) Government Medical College’s Centre for Dental Education and Research (CDER)
2) Indira Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences’s Centre for Dental Education and Research (CDER)
3) All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS)’s Centre for Dental Education and Research (CDER)
4) Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences’s Centre for Dental Education and Research (CDER)
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS)’s Centre for Dental Education and Research (CDER)
All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Centre for Dental Education and Research (CDER) in collaboration with the Ministry of Health will undertake the largest nationwide Oral Health Survey 2019. It will collect data which will act as a baseline for planning preventive and treatment strategies.Objective: To record specific, representative data on the most prevalent dental diseases in India like dental decay, gum diseases, dentofacial deformities, cancerous lesions, dental fluorosis and dental trauma among others.Committee: An expert committee consists of dentists representing various oral health specialities and health ministry officials. They met at the AIIMS to discuss sampling strategies, planning and timelines of the survey.
- Which country is set to host the 44th session of the World Heritage Committee in 2020 ?
1) Fuzhou, China
2) Tokyo, Japan
3) Moscow, Russia
4) Berlin, Germany
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Fuzhou, China
On July 9,2019, In the event of 43rd session of the World Heritage Committee meeting 2019 in Baku, Azerbaijan( June 30 to July 10,2019), the UNESCO(United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization) announced that the Chinese city of Fuzhou will host the 44th session of the World Heritage Committee in 2020. Tian Xuejun, Chinese Vice Minister of Education was elected as chairman of the 44th session of the committee. The chairman of the 43rd session was Abulfas Garayev.During the meeting, the committee inscribed a total of 29 new sites on the World Heritage List (one in Africa, 2 in the Arab States, 10 in the Asia Pacific region, 15 in Europe and North America and one in Latin America).
- Which Inland Waterways Authority of India (IWAI) ship carried 1000 MT of Bhutanese stone over river Brahmaputra from Dhubri river port (Assam )to Narayanganj(Bangladesh) using Indo-Bangladesh Protocol Route ?
1) MB ABB
2) MC ABI
4) MV AAI
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) MV AAI
The Inland Waterways Authority of India (IWAI) ship, MV AAI flagged-off by Mansukh Mandaviya, Minister of State for Shipping (Independent Charge) and Chemical and Fertilisers, from Dhubri river port (Assam )to Narayanganj (Bangladesh), carrying 1000 MT of Bhutanese stone over river Brahmaputra, using Indo-Bangladesh Protocol Route.Benefit: The environment-friendly mode of transport will cut short travel time by 8 to 10 days, reduce transportation cost by 30%, bringing down logistics costs & making it easier and cheaper to reach goods to North Eastern states from other parts of the country. In order to maintain the depth of water on this route, India will provide Rs 300 crore to Bangladesh for 5 years.
- Name the Bollywood actor , who was conferred with an Honorary Degree, Doctor of Letters (honoris causa) from Melbourne-based La Trobe University at the 10th edition of Indian Film Festival of Melbourne (IFFM) .
1) Akshay Kumar
2) Shah Rukh Khan
3) Salman Khan
4) Amitabh Bachchan
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Shah Rukh Khan
In recognition of the contributions and efforts towards underprivileged children, women’s empowerment through Meer Foundation and for the achievements in the Indian entertainment industry, Shah Rukh Khan, the Bollywood actor, will be felicitated with an Honorary Degree, Doctor of Letters (honoris causa) from Melbourne-based La Trobe University at the 10th edition of Indian Film Festival of Melbourne (IFFM) at Bundoora, Australia. It will be held on August 9, 2019, where Mr. Khan will be the chief guest.It will be Khan’s first Australian University Award.
- Who was appointed as the governor of Himachal Pradesh ?
1) Jagdish Mukhi
2) Mridula Sinha
3) Kalraj Mishra
4) Lalji Tandon
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Kalraj Mishra
On July 15, 2019, Senior BJP leader and former Union Minister for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises(MSME) Kalraj Mishra(78) appointed as the Governor of Himachal Pradesh, replacing Acharya Devvrat. Mishra was resigned as MSME minister from the Narendra Modi-led government(BJP) in 2017 after he crossed the age of 75, the BJP’s unofficial age limit for holding an elected post. In 2014, He was elected as an MP(Member of Parliament) in Lok Sabha elections from Deoria.
- To which state Acharya Devvrat was appointed as governor recently ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Gujarat
Devvrat (60) has been transferred and appointed as the Governor of Gujarat replacing Om Prakash Kohli who retires on 15 July 2019.
- Name the India’s ambitious mission, which has been called off due to a technical snag before its scheduled launch .
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Chandrayaan-2
India’s ambitious moon mission, Chandrayaan-2 has been called off due to a technical snag in just 56 minutes and 24 seconds before its scheduled launch. Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) confirmed that the launch had been canceled after a technical snag was detected in one of the launch systems of the GSLVMkIII-M1 (Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle Mark III).
- Team of physicists from which university have taken a photo of a strong form of quantum entanglement called Bell entanglement ?
1) University of Manchester
2) University of London
3) University of Edinburgh
4) University of Glasgow
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) University of Glasgow
A team of physicists from the University of Glasgow has taken a photo of a strong form of quantum entanglement called Bell entanglement. It has captured visual evidence of an elusive phenomenon which a baffled Albert Einstein once called “spooky action at a distance”. The photo points out two photons interacting and sharing physical states for a brief instant – an event that occurs regardless of the actual distance between the particles.This information was published in the paper titled ‘Imaging Bell-type nonlocal behavior’ in the journal Science Advances.
- How much species of orchid or taxa were founded in India as per Botanical Survey of India (BSI)’s first Comprehensive Census of Orchids of India ?
1) 1356 Species
2) 1456 Species
3) 1256 Species
4) 1156 Species
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) 1256 Species
The Botanical Survey of India (BSI) in its First Comprehensive Census of Orchids of India stated that the country has 1256 species of orchid or taxa. They belong to 155 genera and 388 species which are endemic to India. The Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEFCC) had unveiled the details of all species in the publication named “Orchids of India : A Pictorial Guide”.The publication is authored by Paramjit Singh, former director of BSI, A.A. Mao, Director of BSI, scientists S.S. Sprint, S.Okay. Singh, D.Okay. Agarwala and J.S. Jalal.
- Which state has the highest number of orchid species as per Botanical Survey of India (BSI)’s first Comprehensive Census of Orchids of India ?
1) Arunachal Pradesh
3) West Bengal
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Arunachal Pradesh
Arunachal Pradesh with 612 species has the highest number of orchid species, followed by Sikkim with 560 species and Darjeeling, West Bengal with 479. The entire Orchid Family is listed under Appendix II of the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES) stating any trade of wild orchid is banned globally.They are classified into 3 forms: Epiphytic: They are the plants growing on another plants together with rock boulders and sometimes termed lithophyte. Terrestrial: They are the plants growing on land and climbers. Mycoheterotrophic: They are the plants which derive nutrients from mycorrhizal fungi which are hooked up to the roots of a vascular plant.
- Where was the ICC Men’s World Cup 2019 or 12th Cricket World Cup held ?
1) Wales and Scotland
2) England and Wales
3) Northern Ireland and Scotland
4) Scotland and England
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) England and Wales
The ICC Men’s World Cup 2019 was the 12th Cricket World Cup held in England and Wales from 30 May to 14 July 2019. It was administered by the International Cricket Council (ICC).The Finals were held at the Lord’s Cricket Ground between New Zealand and England.
- Which country lifted their first World Cup title beating New Zealand in ICC Men’s World Cup 2019 or 12th Cricket World Cup ?
2) Sri Lanka
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) England
England lifted the first World Cup title beating New Zealand on boundary count after both the match and the subsequent Super Over finished as ties.
- Who was awarded with the Man of the Match in ICC Men’s World Cup 2019 or 12th Cricket World Cup ?
1) Jos Buttler
2) Eoin Morgan
3) Ben Stokes
4) Jonny Bairstow
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Ben Stokes
Ben Stokes of England was awarded the Man of the Match.
- Name the cricketer, who was named as the Player of the Tournament in ICC Men’s World Cup 2019 or 12th Cricket World Cup .
1) Kane Stuart Williamson
2) Trent Boult
3) Henry Nicholls
4) Martin Guptill
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Kane Stuart Williamson
Kane Stuart Williamson of New Zealand was named as the Player of the Tournament with 578 runs who received the award from Indian legend Sachin Tendulkar.
- Name the Indian Cricketer, who was the highest run scorer of the tournament in ICC Men’s World Cup 2019 or 12th Cricket World Cup .
1) Ravindra Jadeja
2) Rohit Sharma
3) Virat Kohli
4) MS Dhoni
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Rohit Sharma
Rohit Sharma scored 648 runs from the nine games at an average of 81 including 67 fours and 14 sixes. David Warner followed Sharma in the second position with 647 runs and Shakib Al Hasan stood third in the list of tournament’s leading run scorers.
- Who took the record-shattering 27 wickets and became the most wicket taker in ICC Men’s World Cup 2019 or 12th Cricket World Cup ?
1) Alex Carey
2) Kane Richardson
3) Nathan Lyon
4) Mitchell Starc
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Mitchell Starc
With record-shattering 27 wickets, Australian left-arm pacer Mitchell Starc topped the table of wicket-takers. He also bagged two four-wicket and two five-wicket hauls in just 10 games.
- _______ edition of Wimbledon Championships was held recently ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) 133rd
The 2019 Wimbledon Championships was the 133rd edition, a grass court major Championship was the 3rd Grand Slam tournament of the year after the “Australian open” and “French open”.
- Who won Men’s singles title in 2019 Wimbledon Championships ?
1) Novak Djokovic
2) Roger federer
3) Juan Sebastián Cabal
4) Nicolas Mahut
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Novak Djokovic
This is Novak Djokovic’s 16th grand slam & 5th Wimbledon title & first player in the open era since 1948 to achieve this feat.
- Who was the first Romanian player to win Women’s Singles title in 2019 Wimbledon Championships?
1) Xu Yifan
2) Simona Halep
3) Serena Williams
4) Gabriela Dabrowski
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Simona Halep
The world Number.7 Simona Halep becomes first Romanian player to reach senior Wimbledon singles final title. she beat 7-time Wimbledon champ& 23-time Grand Slam champion Serena to win maiden title with 6-2, 6-2 scores.
Title Winner Runner up Men’s Singles Novak Djokovic(Serbia) Roger federer(Switzerland) Women’s Singles Simona Halep(Romania) Serena Williams(United States of America) Men’s Doubles Juan Sebastián Cabal (Colombia)
Robert Farah (Colombia)
Nicolas Mahut (France)
Édouard Roger-Vasselin (France)
Women’s Doubles Hsieh Su-wei (Chinese Taipei)
Barbora Strýcová (Czech Republic )
Gabriela Dabrowski (Canada)
Xu Yifan (China)
Mixed Doubles Ivan Dodig (Croatia)
Latisha Chan (Chinese Taipei)
Robert Lindstedt (Sweden)
Jeļena Ostapenko (Latvia)
- Name the Indian Sprinter, who won gold medal in women’s 200m at Kladno Memorial Athletics Meet 2019 in Czech Republic.
2) Hima Das
3) Dutee Chand
4) Swapna Barman
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Hima Das
Star Indian sprinter Hima Das (24) from Assam clinched her 3rd international gold within two weeks in women’s 200m race with a time of 23.43 seconds and Muhammed Anas Yahiya (Kerala) also won gold in the men’s 400m with the time of 45.21 seconds at the Kladno Memorial Athletics Meet 2019 in Czech Republic.
- Where was the XXII Tatyana Kolpakova international athletics meet 2019 held recently ?
1) Tashkent, Uzbekistan
2) Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan
3) Dushanbe, Tajikistan
4) Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
XXII Tatyana Kolpakova international athletics meet 2019 in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan from 13th July to 14th July 2019.
- Sreeshankar was in news recently, he is associated with which sport ?
2) Javelin throw
3) Long jump
4) Disc throw
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Long jump
On July 13, 2019, Kerala long jumper, M.Sreeshankar (20) has won the long jump gold in Men’s triple jump with 7.97m at the XXII Tatyana Kolpakova international athletics meet 2019 in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan from 13th July to 14th July 2019.
Winners Medal won Sahil Silwal Men’s javelin throw(Gold) Archana Suseentran Women’s 100m race(Gold) Lili Das Women’s 400m race(Gold) Harsh Kumar Men’s 400m race (Gold) Jisna Mathew Women’s 400m(Silver)
- Who won the record sixth British Grand Prix at the Silverstone Circuit in Silverstone, United Kingdom ?
1) Lewis Hamilton
2) Charles Leclerc
3) Valtteri Bottas
4) Max Verstappen
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Lewis Hamilton
On July 14, 2019, Lewis Hamilton of Mercedes won record sixth British Grand Prix at the Silverstone Circuit in Silverstone, United Kingdom. He hailed from the United Kingdom. Mercedes, Valtteri Bottas attained the second position, and Ferrari’s Charles Leclerc attained the third position in the Grand Prix.
- Name the deceased computer scientist, who was credited with inventing the computer password.
1) Luis von Ahn
2) Fernando J. Corbato
3) Evelyn Berezin
4) Bruce Arden
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Fernando J. Corbato
Prominent American computer scientist, credited with inventing the computer password, Fernando J. Corbato passed away at Newburyport in Massachusetts, U.S as a result of complications caused by diabetes. He was 93. He was a professor emeritus at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and he credited for devising the concept of password-protected user accounts to secure access to files on a large computer system.In 1990, he received the A. M. Turing Award, widely considered the computing field’s equivalent of the Nobel Prize.He is also a pioneer in the development of time-sharing operating systems known as MIT Compatible Time-Sharing System.
- M J Radhakrishnan was passed away recently, he was associated with which field?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Cinematography
On July 12, 2019, Malayalam cinematographer M J Radhakrishnan passed away at the age of 60 in Trivandrum (Thiruvananthapuram), Kerala due to cardiac arrest. He hailed from Punalur, Kerala. His films have been screened at several prominent film festivals around the world including Cannes, Toronto, Chicago, Rhode Island, and Rotterdam. One of his works, Marana Simhasanam (English: Throne of Death; French: Le Trone de la mort), won Camra d’Or (Golden Camera Award) in the Un Certain Regard section at the 1999 Cannes Film Festival.Beginning his film career he worked as an assistant to ace filmmaker and cinematographer Shaji N.Karun.
- What was the theme of the World Youth Skills Day 2019 ?
1) Theme – “Improving the image of Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET)”
2) Theme – “Skills for the Future of Work”
3) Theme – “Learning to learn for life and work”
4) Theme – “Skills Development to Improve Youth Employment”
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Theme – “Learning to learn for life and work”
World Youth Skills Day (WYSD) was observed on July 15, 2019. It is celebrated to create awareness on the importance of investing in youth skills development. The theme for the year is “Learning to learn for life and work”. The United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) had declared July 15 as WYSD in November 2014. As a part of the celebration, an exhibit entitled “Inspiring youth and improving perception for skills” held between 9-18 July 2019 at the Vienna Café Corridor in the UN Headquarters, New York. It was organized by WorldSkills and UNESCO, in partnership with the Permanent Missions of Sri Lanka and Portugal.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- Who is the President of 74th session United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) ?Answer – Prof. Tijjani Muhammad Bande
- What is the Capital and Currency of Kyrgyzstan ?Answer – Capital: Bishkek Currency: Kyrgyzstani som
- Where was the Lord’s Cricket Ground located ?Answer – London, England
- Who is the Prime Minister of Bhutan ?Answer – Lotay Tshering
- The Asia’s largest solar Power project is located in which district of Madhya Padesh?Answer – Rewa
In Madhya Pradesh, continuous rain has damaged Asia’s largest solar Power project in Rewa. The damage was caused after heavy rain triggered a mudslide. Now the rain has stopped, and experts are busy repairing this power plant. As per the estimates, this project has suffered a loss of more than Rs 20 crores by rain. Production of the solar plant has also been affected and it has reduced about 90 MW. Generally, this solar plant produces 740 MW of electricity.