AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs July 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2019 updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs July 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs June 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
- Name the initiative launched by the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare to improve quality of care in labor room and maternity operation theatres in public health facilities.
1) ‘LMRQII’ (Labour and maternity room Quality improvement Initiative)
2) ‘MoTII’ (Maternity operation theatres improvement Initiative)
3) ‘LaQshya’ (Labour room Quality improvement Initiative)
4) ‘QiLMR’ Quality improvement of Labour and maternity room)
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) ‘LaQshya’ (Labour room Quality improvement Initiative)
The Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India launched ‘LaQshya’ (Labour room Quality improvement Initiative)Initiative to improve quality of care in labour room and maternity operation theatres in public health facilities. It aims to reduce preventable maternal and newborn mortality, morbidity, and stillbirths associated with the care around delivery in the Labour room and Maternity Operation Theatre and ensure respectful maternity care.
- Which has became the first state in India to ensure water conservation with its State Water Policy ?
1) Arunachal Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Meghalaya
On July 12, 2019, Meghalaya became the first state in India to ensure water conservation with its State Water Policy. The draft water policy was approved by the State Cabinet in a meeting chaired by Meghalaya Chief Minister Conrad K. Sangma.The policy aims to recognize water resources as a common pool resource, to provide safe and hygienic water for drinking, domestic, sanitation & livelihood development to all residents of the state, ensure the protection and conservation of catchment areas of all water sources to prevent degradation of the quantity and quality of water sources.
- Where was the 19th Commonwealth Foreign Affairs Ministers’ Meeting (CFAMM) for the year 2019 held recently ?
1) London, United Kingdom (UK)
2) Washington D.C., U.S.
3) New York, U.S.
4) New Delhi, India
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) London, United Kingdom (UK)
The 19th Commonwealth Foreign Affairs Ministers’ Meeting (CFAMM) for the year 2019 was held at the Commonwealth’s headquarters in Marlborough House, London, United Kingdom (UK) on July 10, 2019.
- Name the Indian delegation, who attended the 19th Commonwealth Foreign Affairs Ministers’ Meeting (CFAMM) for the year 2019 in London, United Kingdom (UK) .
1) Rajiv Arora
2) Apoorva Srivastava
3) Sharad Kumar
4) Dr. S Jaishankar
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Dr. S Jaishankar
External Affairs Minister (EAM) Dr. S Jaishankar arrived in the UK to attend the 19th CFAMM. The meeting discussed the future strategy of the grouping. He was accompanied by other 52 member-countries of the Commonwealth at the meeting. Highlights of the Meeting EAM congratulated the member countries on the 70th anniversary of the Commonwealth. At the meeting, Foreign Ministers adopted the 70th anniversary Affirmation. The meeting undertook a review of the implementation of the mandates of Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM) 2018 and held discussions on the CHOGM 2020 to be held at Kigali, Rwanda in June 2020. EAM called for fast-tracking the re-admission of the Maldives to the Commonwealth.
- Which is the first non-banking finance company(NBFC) that will receive loan worth $100-million from the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) ?
1) Hindustan Construction Company
2) GMR Group
3) L&T(Larsen & Toubro) Infrastructure Finance Company(LTIF)
4) Reliance Infrastructure Limited
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) L&T(Larsen & Toubro) Infrastructure Finance Company(LTIF)
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) will provide $100-million loan to L&T(Larsen & Toubro) Infrastructure Finance Company(LTIF) for wind and solar infrastructure projects. This is the first time AIIB is extending loan to a non-banking finance company(NBFC).LTIF, a subsidiary of L&T Finance Holdings collaborated with AIIB to explore the international market for green finance.The project will help in increasing the supply of renewable energy in India & also helps to reduce the carbon intensity by 30-35 percent of the 2005 levels by 2030 which was India’s commitment under Paris agreement.
- Where was the Agri Business Incubation Centre set up by Union Agriculture Ministry recently ?
1) Orissa University of Agriculture and Technology, Bhubaneswar
2) Indira Gandhi Agriculture University of Raipur, Chhattisgarh
3) Acharya N. G. Ranga Agricultural University of Hyderabad, Telangana
4) Indian Agricultural Research Institute of New Delhi
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Indira Gandhi Agriculture University of Raipur, Chhattisgarh
An Agri Business Incubation Centre has been set up by the Union Agriculture Ministry in Indira Gandhi Agriculture University of Raipur, Chhattisgarh under the National Agriculture Development Scheme Remunerative Approaches for Agriculture and Allied sector Rejuvenation (RAFTAAR.It focuses on innovations, skill building and entrepreneurs development in agriculture and allied sectors.It will help to grow agri-preneurship in the state and foster a start-up culture.
- Name the breast surgeon and Padma Shri awardee, who has been conferred with the Honorary Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons (FRCS) of Thailand at the 44th annual congress of the Royal College in Pattaya ?
1) P.Raghu Ram
2) Naresh Trehan
3) Pradeep Chowbey
4) Subash Gupta
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) P.Raghu Ram
Popular breast surgeon and Padma Shri awardee P.Raghu Ram has been conferred the Honorary Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons (FRCS) of Thailand at the 44th annual congress of the Royal College in Pattaya themed “ASEAN collaboration in value-based surgery”. The highest recognition bestowed by the Institute in recognition of Raghu Ram’s bold vision coupled with an intense body of work that has paved towards significantly improving the delivery of breast healthcare in India & also in recognition of his contribution in promoting the highest standards of surgical education in India through his association with the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh and England.
- Which multinational company has appointed Julie Sweet as new CEO & David Rowland as Executive Chairman recently?
4) Accenture Inc
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Accenture Inc
Accenture Inc, a consulting and outsourcing services provider, appointed Julie Sweet as its new Chief Executive Officer (CEO) succeeding David Rowland. She is currently the CEO of Accenture’s business in North America. Before that, she was a partner for 10 years in the law firm of Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP. David Rowland was appointed as Executive Chairman of Accenture. He is the current interim CEO of the company.Marge Magner, currently non-executive chair of the board, will resume her role as a lead independent director.
- Name the Indian Cricketer, who was appointed as the brand ambassador of the e-sports venture, FanMojo .
1) MS Dhoni
2) Rohit Sharma
3) Prithvi Shaw
4) Virat Kohli
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Prithvi Shaw
FanMojo, a e-sports venture where users play skill-based games to earn money owned by mobile tech company U2opia Global appointed Indian cricketer Prithvi Shaw as its brand ambassador. Shaw will promote FanMojo’s brand ethos viz. ‘Kaabil Jo, Khiladi Wo’ to encourage fantasy sports enthusiasts to come on the platform and win rewards.Shaw, the right-hand batsman from Mumbai and former captain of Under-19 cricket team and was ranked among one of the five breakout stars in men’s cricket in 2018 by the International Cricket Council (ICC).FanMojo was launched in 2016 and it has over 2.1 million registered users. Its online gaming revenue expected to touch Rs.11,990 crores by 2023.
- Navjot Singh Sidhu resigned as Cabinet Minister recently, he belong to which state ?
1) Uttar Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Punjab
Navjot Singh Sidhu, Congress leader, resigned as Punjab Cabinet Minister from the Amarinder Singh cabinet. He had submitted the resignation letter dated June 10, 2019 addressed to the then Congress President Rahul Gandhi. On June 6, in a Cabinet reshuffle, Chief Minister of Punjab, Amarinder Singh had divested Sidhu of the key portfolios of local government, tourism and cultural affairs and allotted him power and new and renewable energy sources ministry. But he did not assume the new charge.He was also left out of the consultative groups formed by the chief minister on June 8, 2019.
- Which country has successfully launched the Proton-M rocket carrying the Spektr-RG(Spectrum Roentgen Gamma) space telescope from the Baikonur Cosmodrome in Kazakhstan ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Russia
On July 13, 2019 The Russian space agency has successfully launched Proton-M rocket carrying the Spektr-RG(Spectrum Roentgen Gamma) space telescope from the Baikonur Cosmodrome in Kazakhstan. Joint Project: The Spektrum-Röntgen-Gamma mission, also known as Spektr-RG, is a joint project developed by Russian space agency, Roscosmos, and the German space agency, DLR create a three-dimensional (3D) X-ray map of the universe and expected to detect 100,000 galaxy clusters, 3 million black holes, tens of thousands neutron stars, and magnetic fields.
- Name the Indian table tennis players, who won India’s first ever bronze medal in men’s doubles competition at the World Tour Platinum Australian Open .
1) Soumyajit Ghosh and Kamlesh Mehta
2) Kamlesh Mehta and Amalraj Anthony Arputharaj
3) Soumyajit Ghosh and Sathiyan Gnanasekaran
4) Sathiyan Gnanasekaran and Amalraj Anthony Arputharaj
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Sathiyan Gnanasekaran and Amalraj Anthony Arputharaj
Indian table tennis players, Sathiyan Gnanasekaran and Amalraj Anthony Arputharaj won India’s first ever bronze medal in men’s doubles competition at the 2019 World Tour Platinum Australian Open that held in Geelong Arena ,Geelong in Australia. The Indian pair lost with12-14, 9-11, 8-11scores to top seed Korean pair of Jeoung Youngsik and Lee Sangsu in semifinals.The bronze was the only silver lining as other Indians failed to cross the preliminary round in all events.
- Vijender Singh Beniwal was in news recently, he was associated with which sport?
4) Table Tennis
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Boxing
Indian boxing star Vijender Singh Beniwal(Haryana) clinched his 11th consecutive win in US professional Boxing (United States) against Mike Snider of US in Newark, New Jersey The technical knockout (TKO) win was Vijender Singh’s(33) eighth knockout triumph.He won the Olympic medal in boxing at the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games.He had signed up with Hall of Famer Bob Arum’s Top Rank Promotions for his US stint. iv. Vijender presented the most astounding games award of India, Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna & Padma Shri, the fourth highest civilian honor of the country.
- Where was the Super Boxing League 2019 held ?
1) Ankara, Turkey
2) Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
3) Tehran, Iran
4) Moscow, Russia
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Super Boxing League 2019 held at King Abdullah Sports City, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
- Who won the World Boxing Council (WBC) International Welterweight Title in the inaugural Super Boxing League 2019 held at King Abdullah Sports City, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia ?
1) Oleksandr Usyk
2) Josh Warrington
3) Saul Alvarez
4) Amir Khan
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Amir Khan
Britain’s Amir Khan, Olympic silver medallist, won the World Boxing Council (WBC) International Welterweight Title defeating Australian Billy Dib in the fourth round of his bout at the inaugural Super Boxing League 2019 held at King Abdullah Sports City, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
- Mr. C. Kapur passed away recently, he was the former secretary of which Indian sport federation(association) ?
1) Billiards and Snooker Federation of India (BSFI)
2) Boxing Federation of India(BFI)
3) All India Football Federation(AIFF)
4) National Rifle Association of India(NRAI)
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Billiards and Snooker Federation of India (BSFI)
Former Secretary of Billiards and Snooker Federation of India (BSFI), Mr. C. Kapur passed away in Kolkata, West Bengal. He served for the cue-sports for more than 40 years.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- Where is the headquarter of Commonwealth of Nations located ?Answer – London, UK
- Balphakram National Park is located in which state ?Answer – Meghalaya
- Who is the President of Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) ?Answer – Jin Liqun
- Where the foundation stone of the National Dolphin Research Centre (NDRC) will be laid on October 5, 2019 ?Answer – Patna University, Bihar(On the bank of river Ganga)
The foundation stone of India’s first dolphin research centre will be laid on October 5, after an eight-year delay since it was first mooted.Chief Minister Nitish Kumar would lay the foundation stone of the National Dolphin Research Centre (NDRC) on October 5 on the bank of river Ganga in the premises of Patna University.
- Who is the Prime Minister of Russia ?Answer – Dmitry Medvedev