AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 8 & 9 August 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- India was ranked _____ in the 2nd Edition of ‘COVID-19 Innovation report 2021’ released by UN AIDS, where _______________ was ranked at 49th city among the Top Coronavirus Innovation cities.
1) 32nd; New Delhi
2) 26th; Pune
3) 32nd; Bangalore
4) 26th; New Delhi
5) 32nd; Pune
Answer-3) 32nd; Bangalore
The 2nd Edition of ‘COVID-19 Innovation report 2021’ released by Startup Blink in association with Health Innovation Exchange & UN AIDS ranked India 32nd in the global coronavirus innovation rankings for countries. The US topped the rankings, followed by Israel & Canada.
i.2 Indian cities were in the top 100 rankings – Bengaluru(49th) & New Delhi (55th)
ii.Global Top 3 Cities – San Francisco Bay (US), New York (US) & Moscow (Russia)
- Which country chaired the 1st Deputy National Security Adviser (NSA) level meeting of ‘Colombo Security Conclave’ that saw the virtual participation of India?
4) Sri Lanka
Answer- 4) Sri Lanka
The 1st Deputy National Security Adviser (NSA) level meeting of ‘Colombo Security Conclave’ took place virtually between India, Maldives, Sri Lanka. The meeting also saw the participation of Bangladesh, Mauritius and Seychelles as Observer countries.
i.The meeting was chaired by Sri Lanka
- In August 2021, SEBI introduced the concept of “Accredited Investors” (AI) in Indian Securities Market as a new channel for raising funds.
A) Individuals with an annual income of at least Rs 10 crore can become an Accredited Investor
B) Accreditation Agencies shall have a Minimum of 20 years’ experience in Indian Securities Market with a minimum net worth of Rs 200 crores
C) SEBI has also reduced the Minimum investment amount for AIs to less than Rs 1 crore.
1) All A, B & C
2) Only C
3) Only B & C
4) Only B
5) Only A & C
Answer-3) Only B & C
SEBI introduced the concept of ‘Accredited investors’ in the Indian securities market to open up a new channel for raising funds.
i.Criterias for Individuals, HUFs, Family Trusts and sole proprietorships to get accredited as AI shall have an annual income of at least Rs 2 Crore
ii.Eligibility Criteria for Accreditation Agencies: They need to have – a minimum 20 years of presence in the Indian securities market, Investor Service Centers (ISCs) in at least 20 cities, and a minimum net worth of Rs 200 crores.
iii.Minimum investment: Now SEBI has enabled the AIs to invest less than Rs 1 crore in the AIF.
- Identify the organisation that partnered with Indian Bank (in Aug’21) to fund Startups under Indian Bank’s ‘Ind Spring Board’ Scheme
1) IISc Bangalore
2) IIT Roorkee
3) IIT New Delhi
4) IIM Ahmedabad
5) IIM Bangalore
Answer-5) IIM Bangalore
Indian Bank has signed an MoU with NSRCEL, the entrepreneurship Centre of Excellence at the IIM Bangalore to provide funding for identified startups under Indian Bank’s ‘Ind Spring Board’ Scheme.
About Indian Bank:
Established – 1907
Headquarters – Chennai
MD & CEO – Padmaja Chumduru
Tagline – Your Own Bank
- Name the organisation that partnered with UK’s Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office to launch the Entrepreneurship promotion scheme – “Swavalamban Challenge Fund”
1) EXIM Bank
5) IDBI Bank
SIDBI in collaboration with Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office, United Kingdom (FCDO UK) has launched the Swavalamban Challenge Fund (SCF) to promote entrepreneurship.
- In August 2021, Asian Development Bank approved a financial assistance of $300 million for improving rural road infrastructure in which state?
Asian Development Bank approved an additional financing of a $300 million loan for the ongoing Maharashtra Rural Connectivity Improvement Project that is upgrading rural roads to all-weather conditions
- Which organisation partnered (in Aug’21) with Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) to enhance research efforts of IBBI?
3) National Stock Exchange
4) Bombay Stock Exchange
Answer-3) National Stock Exchange
National Stock Exchange (NSE) partnered with Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) to enhance research efforts in the area of insolvency and bankruptcy.
NSE was Establishment in 1992
- Which state won NASSCOM’s ‘AI GameChanger Award 2021’ for successful implementation of ‘Crowd Monitoring using AI’ scheme?
2) Tamil Nadu
4) Uttar Pradesh
The Information Technology, Electronics and Communication(ITE&C) Department of the Government of Telangana has won the AI GameChanger Award 2021 from NASSCOM for the implementation of the ‘Crowd Monitoring using AI’ scheme.
- When is the National Handloom Day annually celebrated in India by the Ministry of Textiles?
1) 9th August
2) 7th August
3) 6th August
4) 8th August
5) 5th August
Answer-2) 7th August
The National Handloom Day is annually observed across India on 7th August to create awareness about the handloom works in India and to recognise its contribution to the socio-economic development of India.
i.The annual celebration of the national Handloom day is organised by the Ministry of Textile.
- Identify the Indian State with the most number of UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
2) Uttar Pradesh
3) Madhya Pradesh
With a Total of 5 UNESCO World Heritage Sites, Maharashtra has the most number of sites in India.
5 sites in Maharashtra – Ajanta Caves, Ellora Caves, Elephanta Caves, Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus & The Victorian and Art Deco Ensemble of Mumbai.