We are here for you to provide the important Recent and Latest Current Affairs 6 September 2022, which have unique updates of Latest Current Affairs 2022 events from all newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economic Times, PIB, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express, Business Standard and all Government official websites.
Our Current Affairs September 2022 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2022 PDF which will be a pedestrian to crack your exams.
Read Current Affairs in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Learn Current Affairs – Free Course – Click Here to Download the APP
We are Hiring – Subject Matter Expert | CA Video Creator | Content Developers(Pondicherry)
NITI Aayog Releases 4th Progress Report On POSHAN Abhiyaan: MH, AP & GJ Lead in Overall Implementation at the National-Level in 2020NITI Aayog (National Institution for Transforming India) has released the 4th progress report on the POSHAN (Prime Minister’s Overarching Scheme for Holistic Nutrition) Abhiyaan, titled “Preserving Progress on Nutrition in India: Poshan Abhiyaan in Pandemic Times.”
Maharashtra (MH), Andhra Pradesh (AP), and Gujarat (GJ) are found to be the top three states in terms of total implementation among larger states at the national level in 2020, followed by Tamil Nadu (TN), Madhya Pradesh (MP), and Himachal Pradesh (HP).
- The report also highlighted that 12 of the 19 largest states had an implementation score of more than 70%.
i.To facilitate for fair comparisons, the report classifies the states and UTs into three categories: large states, small states, and UTs.
ii.Sikkim performed the best (more than 75%) out of the eight small states, followed by Meghalaya, Tripura, and Goa.
About NITI Aayog (National Institution for Transforming India):
CEO – Parameswaran Iyer
Establishment – 1 January 2015
>> Read Full News
Government of Tripura designed the 1st Bio Villages in India
Tripura was praised for the modified 1st Bio-Village at Daspara in the Sepahijala district., which received International recognition for designing and setting up the 1st Bio-Village of India, and was hailed by the Deputy Chief Minister, (Dy CM) Jishnu Dev Varma.
- The Bio-Village has been implemented across 10 villages to modify the lifestyle and livelihood of over 1000 marginalised people for adaptive behaviour of Nature-based technology which has been promoted by the Directorate of Bio-Technology.
i.The bio-village project aims to ensure total socio-economic development among rural communities by focusing on both mitigation and adaptation.
ii.This project benefits over 500 households and the Government succeeds in setting up 5 Bio-Villages so far. Each household draws an economic benefit of Rs. 5,500 per month.
iii. Directorate of Biotechnology, Government of Tripura introduced the concept of Bio-Village in 2018 by promoting organic farming.
iv.Tripura succeeds by setting up 5 bio-villages by incorporating renewable energy, which aimed to demonstrate agreeable sustaining technologies.
NITI Aayog declared Haridwar as the best Aspirational District in India
The Holy City of Uttarakhand, Haridwar was declared India’s best Aspirational District by NITI Aayog (National Institution for Transforming India), the Government of India (GoI). This district secured the 1st rank in the Basic Infrastructure theme.
- Along with the honour of getting the title ‘India’s Best Aspirational District’, Haridwar will receive an additional allocation of Rs 3 crores.
- The selection of Haridwar being the best aspirational district was confirmed by Rakesh Ranjan, the Director of NITI Aayog’s ADP (Aspirational District Program) and sent a letter to SS Sandhu, Uttarakhand Chief Secretary and Haridwar District Collector.
L&T builds India’s 1st 3D Post Office in Bengaluru, Karnataka
India’s 1st 3D printed Post Office will soon come in Halasuru’s Cambridge Layout (plot land owned by the postal department) in Bengaluru, Karnataka. The entire construction is built by Larsen & Toubro Construction (L&T).
- The construction of the post office in the 1,000-square-feet building three floors from the ground will cost Rs 25 lakh, reducing the final cost by 25%.
- This 3D-built post office will function the same as a normal post office. The construction will be completed within 1 month.
- India’s 3D house was built by IIT Madras in 2021, Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
75 Tribal Districts for focused TB Interventions identified by the Centre
The 75 Tribal Districts were identified by the Ministry of Tribal Affairs(MoTA) and the Central TB Division of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare(MoHFW) for focused interventions which will run over the next few months to make those tribal districts TB-free.
- Under the Aashwasan Campaign, TB cases across 174 tribal districts were detected and started the campaign in January 2022.
- The door-to-door screening has been done in over 68,000 villages. Officially, after a verbal screening of 1.03 crore people, 3,82,811 people were identified for presumptive TB.
India Likely to Become World’s 6th Largest Insurance Market by 2032; Premiums to Grow at 14% CAGR
According to the ‘Global Economic and Insurance Outlook’ report published by the Swiss Re Institute (Switzerland), India will emerge as the 6th largest insurance market in the world by 2032, supported by regulatory push and rapid economic expansion.
- Total insurance premiums in India are predicted to grow by an average of 14% compounded annual growth rate (CAGR) in nominal local currency terms over the next 10 years, placing the country 6th largest in terms of total premium volume by 2032, up from 10th largest in 2021.
i.Global growth in life insurance premiums is anticipated to be nearly stable in 2022 and to increase by 1.9% in real terms in 2023.
ii.By 2032, India’s life insurance market is expected to be the 5th largest in the world.
iii.Global non-life premium growth for the insurance market is anticipated to decelerate to 0.8% (in real terms) in 2022 from 2.6% in 2021.
About Swiss Re Institute:
Established – 1863
Headquarters – Zurich, Switzerland
>> Read Full News
Paris Agreement: India’s Climate Pledges Rank 4th In Terms of Ambition & 5th In Terms of Compliance
According to a new study published in the scientific journal Nature Climate Change, India’s updated climate pledge to the Paris Agreement has been ranked 5th in compliance and 4th in ambition.
- The study includes eight countries, the US, China, Australia, Saudi Arabia, Russia, Australia, Brazil—as well as the EU.
While the European Union (EU) claimed the top spot, the United States (US) was placed bottom in compliance and second to last in ambition.
i.According to the study, the EU was considered to be the most credible, ranking first in compliance and ambition.
ii.In the compliance category, the EU was followed by China, Australia, South Africa, India, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Brazil, and the US.
iii.In terms of ambition, the EU was followed by China, South Africa, India, Australia, Brazil, Russia, the US, and Saudi Arabia.
About the European Union (EU):
The European Union (EU) is a unique economic and political union between 27 European countries.
European Commission President – Ursula von der Leyen
>> Read Full News
BANKING & FINANCE
RBI issues new guidelines on Digital Lending to Protect Borrowers; Partially devolves 7-year paper on PDsi.On September 2, 2022, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) issued official guidelines to all lenders/regulated entities (RE), including banks to protect the data of borrowers using digital lending apps from being misused.
ii.These directions are issued under sections 21, 35A and 56 of the Banking Regulation (BR) Act, 1949, sections 45JA, 45L and 45M of the RBI Act, 1934, sections 30A and 32 of the National Housing Bank (NHB) Act, 1987, section 6 of the Factoring Regulation Act, 2011 and section 11 of the Credit Information Companies (Regulation) Act, 2005.
iii.For the adequate implementation of processes to ensure that existing digital loans comply with fresh lending guidelines, RBI has provided a time till November 30, 2022 to REs.
iv.RBI partially devolved the seven-year Government Security (GS) on primary dealers (PDs) to maintain the normal 5-6 basis points spread between this paper and the 10-year paper.
>> Read Full News
NPCI directs Apps to Stop Charging Platform Fees on BBPS
The National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), has directed the payment apps not to charge a platform fee for payments on Bharat Bill Payment System (BBPS) payments.
- One of the largest Unified Payments Interfaces (UPI) is PhonPe in India. The NPCI’s directive came after the payment platforms started to charge fees on recharges and other payments.
- NPCI released a directive after Paytm started to charge Rs 1 for various bill payments.
- Both Paytm and PhonePe announced their immediate discontinuation of the charging payment fees on the BBPS. According to PhonePe’s result on its experiment, 98% of the consumers were ready to pay the fees.
ECONOMY & BUSINESS
Codeshare Pact between IndiGo and Virgin Atlantic for Network Expansion
On 31 August 2022 India’s largest airline IndiGo and British carrier Virgin Atlantic signed a new codeshare agreement to widen the network of the airline. It is IndiGo’s 7th codeshare with Virgin Atlantic.
Codesharing allows an airline to book its passengers on its partner carriers and gives airlines access to more routes without flying to those destinations themselves.
- IndiGo has signed similar agreements with Turkish Airlines, Qatar Airways, Air France, KLM (Netherlands), Qantas (Australia) and American Airlines.
- The initial codeshare destinations in India are Chennai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Goa, Delhi, and Mumbai.
- The additional codeshare destinations will be Kochi, Chandigarh, Jaipur, Pune, Coimbatore, Nagpur, Vadodara, Indore, and Visakhapatnam.
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNATIONS
TMB appoints S Krishnan as its new MD & CEO
Krishnan Sankarasubramaniam took charge as Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Tuticorin-based Tamilnad Mercantile Bank Limited (TMB) with an immediate effect from 4th September 2022 for 3 years.
- Krishnan replaces the incumbent MD and CEO KV Rama Murthy, whose period expired on September 3, 2022.
About S Krishnan:
i.Prior to this appointment, S Krishnan served as the MD & CEO of Punjab and Sind Bank (PSB) from 4th September 2020 to 31st May 2022.
ii.Krishnan started his banking career in January 1983 at Indian Bank.
iii.He has served as Executive Director of Syndicate Bank from November 1, 2017, to March 31, 2020.
iv.He has also served as an Executive Director of Canara Bank from 1 April 2020 – 3rd September 2020.
v. He led important verticals in banking like Risk Management, Information Systems Security, HR, etc. He is a Certified Fellow of the Indian Institute of Bankers (CAIIB) also was an Executive Secretary of the Board of Bank of India.
About Tamilnad Mercantile Bank Limited (TMB):
Founder Chairman- M.V. Shanmugavel Nadar
Establishment- 11 May 1921
Headquarters- Tuticorin, Tamil Nadu.
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
ISRO successfully test Inflatable Aerodynamic Decelerator to Land Missions on Mars or Venus
On September 4, 2022, the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) successfully conducted tests of an Inflatable Aerodynamic decelerator (IAD) that will be used for landing payloads on Mars and Venus in future. It was test-flown in a Rohini-sounding rocket – RH300MKII-F22 IAD VEHICLE from Thumba Equatorial Rocket Launching Station (TERLS) in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.
i.IAD technology is designed and developed by ISRO’s Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC).
- It has been designed specifically for spent stage recovery.
ii.IAD can aerodynamically decelerate an object descending through the atmosphere. It means that through this technology the payload will land back on Earth by decelerating the fall at the required level.
iii.IAD is made from Kevlar fabric, coated with Polychloroprene. Since it is made of fabric, IAD can be packed into a small volume of 15 litres, available in the nosecone of the RH300. When inflated, IAD takes the shape of three concentric toroid with an overall diameter of 1.3m that generates high aerodynamic drag and stability.
iv.Rohini sounding rockets are used for flight demonstration of new technologies that are being developed by ISRO as well as by scientists from India and abroad.
v.The rocket took the IAD to an altitude of 84 kilometers where it was inflated and descended through the atmosphere with the payload part.
Apart from testing IAD, new elements, following new methodologies were also flight tested successfully, including:
- Micro Video Imaging System
- Software Defined Radio Telemetry-Dual Transmitter (SDRT-DTx)
- Acoustics Processing Unit with mini-IMAS (Indigenous MEMS Acoustic Sensors)
- New software for wind compensation for TERLS
- Modified nose cone separation system
- Modified FLSC separation system for RH300
- Improved 1s delay detonator for spin rocket separation
- Thermally conducting and electrically insulating potting compound ATCAP-75-7030
China launches new remote sensing satellite Yaogan-33 02
China launched a new remote sensing satellite named Yaogan-33 02 into space from the Jiuquan Satellite Launch Center in northwest China. The satellite was launched by a Long March-4C carrier rocket and has entered the planned orbit successfully.
- The satellite will be used for scientific experiments, land resources surveys, crop yield estimation, and disaster prevention and relief.
- This marks the 435th flight mission of the Long March series carrier rockets.
GM Aravindh Chithambaram wins 22nd Dubai Open chess tournament 2022; 7 Indian in Top 10
Indian Grandmaster (GM) Aravindh Chithambaram(22 years old) won the 22nd Dubai Open Chess Tournament 2022 with 7.5 points from 9 rounds. Alexandr Predke(Russia), the top seed, finished runner-up on 7 points after a five-way tie for the second spot.
- 7 Indians finished in the top 10 position with R Praggnanandhaa sharing second spot with five others.
- The tournament, organised by Dubai Chess & Culture Club, was held in Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE) from 26 August 2022 to 5 September 2022.
i.The 2nd spot is shared by 5 players with 7 points: Praggnanandhaa, Alexandr Predke, Abhijeet Gupta, Jaykumar Sammed Shete, and S P Sethuraman.
ii.Arjun Erigaisi finished with 6.5 points to take 7th place and GM Harsha Bharathakoti took the 10th place with 6.5 points.
About Aravindh Chithambaram:
- He won the Indian chess championships twice, in 2018 and 2019.
- He is India’s first National Triple Crown champion and is also the reigning National Rapid and Blitz champion.
i.Aravindh Chithambaram and R Praggnanandhaa, settled for a draw in the ninth and final round, which enabled Aravindh Chithambaram to finish with 7.5 points ahead of the rest of the field.
ii.R Praggnanandhaa took the third spot followed by Abhijeet Gupta, Sammed Jayakumar and SP Sethuraman.
About Dubai Open Chess Tournament:
The Dubai Open Chess Tournament is one of the biggest tournaments in the Middle East that attracts players from all over the world, with a fund of USD 50,000.
- It was first held in 1999.
F1 Champion Max Verstappen extended his lead by winning Dutch Grand Prix 2022
Red Bull Driver Max Verstappen (Belgian, Dutch), won the Formula 1(F1) Heineken Dutch Grand Prix (GP) 2022 and made 4 straight wins for the 1st time in his F1 career. The Dutch Grand Prix 2022 took place at Circuit Zandvoort, North Holland, Netherlands.
- 2022 Dutch GP marks his 10th win in 15 races this season and extended his championship lead to 109 points with seven races remaining. The 2nd place was grabbed by George Russell (Mercedes) and Charles Leclerc(Ferrari) finished at 3rd place after a late safety car.
About Max Verstappen winning:
i.Verstappen, a 24-years-old Belgian-Dutch racing driver, has achieved 30 victories and 17 pole positions. He started his racing career at the age of 17 years.
ii.The 1st hat-trick of Verstappen’s racing career was at French Grand Prix 2021 and the grand slam at the Austrian Grand Prix 2021. His 2nd grand slam was scored at the Emilia Romagna Grand Prix 2022.
iii. The 2nd pit stop of Verstappen was on lap 48 with the virtual Safety Car. He also increased the point total to 310 with his victory by passing Leclerc and Sergio Perez, whose points were 201.
Union Home Minister Amit Shah launches mascot & anthem for 36th National Games in Ahmedabad
On 4 September 2022, the Union Home Minister, Amit Shah launched the mascot & anthem for 36th National Games at Trans Stadia in Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
- The mascot is named as Saavaj which means lion’s cub in Gujarati. The Mascot represents India’s cultural heritage while also giving a glimpse of a rapidly growing India.
- The anthem is based on the theme-Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat. It encapsulated the philosophy of Judega India, Jitega India, was rendered by Bollywood star singer Sukhwinder Singh.
i.The Union Home Minister also launched the official website of the national games www.nationalgamesgujarat.in and the mobile App named NGGujarat at the curtain raiser ceremony in Ahmedabad.
The Chief Minister (CM) of Gujarat, Bhupendra Patel, Union Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports Anurag Thakur, Gujarat Minister for Sports, Harsh Sanghavi IOA (Indian Olympic Association) secretary general Rajeev Mehta were present at the curtain raiser event.
Highlights of the event:
i.The event also witnessed the closing of 11th Khel Mahakumbh 2022.
ii.The winners of the Khel Mahakumbh, including the top 3 schools, districts and municipal corporations of Gujarat, were felicitated.
- Four Parathletics from Gujarat were also felicitated with Khel Pratibha awards on the occasion.
The 36th National Games will be organised between 29th September 2022 to12th October 2022 at six cities in Gujarat namely Ahmedabad, Gandhinagar, Surat, Vadodara, Rajkot and Bhavnagar. New Delhi will additionally host the track cycling event.
- The theme of 36th National Games-’’Celebrating Unity Through Sports’’
- Events across 36 disciplines that include most traditional Olympic sports are expected to take part and Indigenous sports like mallakhamb and yogasana will also feature in the National Games for the first time.
- The 35th National Games were held in Kerala in 2015.
Former Bangladesh captain Mushfiqur Rahim retires from T20I cricket
On 4th September 2022, Mushfiqur Rahim(35 years old), former captain and vice-captain of Bangladesh National Cricket Team announced his retirement from Twenty20 Internationals (T20Is) cricket.
- He will continue to represent Bangladesh in Test and One Day International (ODI) formats.
About Mushfiqur Rahim:
i.Mushfiqur Rahim is a Bangladeshi Cricketer (wicketkeeper-batter) hailing from Bogra, Bangladesh.
- He is the first and only Bangladeshi batsman to score three double-hundreds in Tests.
- He is the highest scorer for Bangladesh in Test cricket.
ii.He is the first and only wicketkeeper-batsman in the history of Test cricket to score two double-hundreds.
iii.Mushfiqur Rahim is the only Bangladeshi player to win 150 international matches.
iv.He played in 102 Twenty20 matches for Bangladesh and scored 1,500 runs at 19.48. He captained for 23 of those matches, leading Bangladesh to eight wins.
v.Mushfiqur Rahim would continue to take part in the Bangladesh Premier League (BPL) and other Twenty20 franchise tournaments. He is the second senior Bangladeshi cricketer to retire from Twenty20s Internationals in recent months after Tamim Iqbal.
vi.He has played for the Longest career (15y 277d) in Men’s Twenty20 Internationals, he is followed by Shakib Al Hasan (Playing) of Bangladesh (15y 277d) and Dinesh Karthik (Playing) of India (15y 273d)
Cyrus Mistry, ex-chairman of Tata Sons passes away
Cyrus Mistry, the 54-year-old former chairman of Tata Sons died in a road accident in Palghar district, Maharashtra.
- The accident took place on a bridge over the Surya river at Charoti in Palghar.
About Cyrus Pallonji Mistry:
i.Cyrus Pallonji Mistry, an Indian-born Irish businessman, was born on 4 July 1968, in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
ii.Cyrus became the 6th and youngest chairman of Tata Sons in 2012, succeeding Ratan Tata.
- He served as the chairperson of Tata Sons from 2012 to 2016.
- He was ousted from the position in October 2016.
iii.He was only the second chairman after Nowroji Saklatwala(led Tata Sons from 1932 to 1938) who did not bear the Tata surname.
iv.As he held Irish passport, he was the 1st non-Indian to lead Tata Group.
- He served as the Managing Director of the family-run Shapoorji Pallonji Group.
v.He was a member of the National Integration Council.
International Day of Charity 2022 – 5 September
The United Nations (UN)’s International Day of Charity is annually observed across the globe on 5th September to sensitise and mobilise the people across the world to help others through volunteer and philanthropic activities.
i.The United Nations General Assembly(UNGA) adopted the resolution A/RES/67/105 on 17th December 2012 and designated the 5th September of every year as the death anniversary of Mother Teresa, as the International Day of Charity.
ii.The first-ever International Day of Charity was observed on 5th September 2013.
Why September 5?
The date of 5 September was chosen to commemorate the anniversary of the passing away of 1979 Nobel peace prize laureate Mother Teresa, also known as Saint Teresa of Calcutta.
>> Read Full News
National Teachers’ Day 2022 – September 5
National Teachers’ Day is annually observed across India on 5th September to commemorate the birth anniversary of Bharat Ratna Dr Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan, who served as the First Vice President and the 2nd President of Independent India.
He was born on 5th September 1888 in Tiruttani, Madras Presidency(Now Tamil Nadu), British India.
- The day provides a platform to recognise and honour the contribution of teachers to society.
- 5th September 2022 marks the observance of the 50th National Teachers’ Day.
Teachers’ Day was first observed on 5th September 1962, the 77th birthday of Dr S Radhakrishnan, to celebrate his work and his drive for education.
>> Read Full News
- List of Current Governors in India – AUGUST 2022
- List of Current Chief Ministers in India – AUGUST 2022
*****Click Here View – AC Excluded News*****
Current Affairs Today (AffairsCloud Today)
|S.no||Current Affairs 6 September 2022|
|1||NITI Aayog Releases 4th Progress Report On POSHAN Abhiyaan: MH, AP & GJ Lead in Overall Implementation at the National-Level in 2020|
|2||Government of Tripura designed the 1st Bio Villages in India|
|3||NITI Aayog declared Haridwar as the best Aspirational District in India|
|4||L&T builds India’s 1st 3D Post Office in Bengaluru, Karnataka|
|5||75 Tribal Districts for focused TB Interventions identified by the Centre|
|6||India Likely to Become World’s 6th Largest Insurance Market by 2032; Premiums to Grow at 14% CAGR|
|7||Paris Agreement: India’s Climate Pledges Rank 4th In Terms of Ambition & 5th In Terms of Compliance|
|8||RBI issues new guidelines on Digital Lending to Protect Borrowers; Partially devolves 7-year paper on PDs|
|9||NPCI directs Apps to Stop Charging Platform Fees on BBPS|
|10||Codeshare Pact between IndiGo and Virgin Atlantic for Network Expansion|
|11||TMB appoints S Krishnan as the new MD & CEO in Tuticorin, Tamil Nadu|
|12||ISRO successfully test Inflatable Aerodynamic Decelerator to Land Missions on Mars or Venus|
|13||China launches new remote sensing satellite Yaogan-33 02|
|14||GM Aravindh Chithambaram wins 22nd Dubai Open chess tournament 2022; 7 Indian in Top 10|
|15||F1 Champion Max Verstappen extended his lead by winning Dutch Grand Prix|
|16||Union Home Minister Amit Shah launches mascot & anthem for 36th National Games in Ahmedabad|
|17||Former Bangladesh captain Mushfiqur Rahim retires from T20I cricket|
|18||Cyrus Mistry, ex-chairman of Tata Sons passes away|
|19||International Day of Charity 2022 – 5 September|
|20||National Teachers’ Day 2022 – September 5|