We are here for you to provide the important Recent and Latest Current Affairs 26 March 2021, which have unique updates of Latest Current Affairs 2021 events from all newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economic Times, PIB, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express, Business Standard and all Government official websites.
Our Current Affairs March 2021 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2021 PDF which will be a pedestrian to crack your exams.
Read Current Affairs in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Learn Current Affairs – Free Course – Click Here to Download the APP
Lakshadweep, Budgam District declared TB Free;Himachal Pradesh tops State TBI Index 2021
During the celebration of the World Tuberculosis Day on March 24 at Dr Ambedkar International Centre, Delhi, Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister for Health & Family Welfare declared Lakshadweep (UT) & District of Budgam (Jammu & Kashmir) as Tuberculosis (TB) free.
- Himachal Pradesh achieved 1st Rank in India amongst the states with a population of more than 50 Lakhs, to end Tuberculosis under the National Tuberculosis Elimination Programme (NTEP).
- India also resolved to end Tuberculosis by 2025. Ending the TB epidemic by 2030 is among the health targets of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- India has 30% of World’s TB cases.
i.Union Minister Harsh Vardhan also released several reports
- State TBI Index 2021 ; Guidelines for programmatic management of Drug-Resistant TB in India, 2021; Gender-responsive approach; TB Aarogya Sathi Application for citizens/TB patients.
- Guidance document on Strategy to End Stigma and Discrimination Associated with Tuberculosis, Collaborative framework for management of TB in pregnant women.
- He also launched iDEFEAT TB Project & Corporate TB pledge.
World Tuberculosis Day – 24th March
2021 Theme – ‘The Clock is Ticking’
<<Read Full News>>
India, US agree to reestablish ‘India-US Home Security Dialogue’India & US have agreed to re-establish the ‘India-US Home Security Dialogue’. Issues like Cybersecurity, emerging technology & addressing Violent Extremism will be discussed.
- The Security dialogue will take place between India’s Home Ministry & U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
- The practice of Homeland Security Dialogue between the two countries was discontinued by Donald Trump, the Former President of the USA.
- It was launched in 2010 as the mechanism to a sequel to signing of the India-US Counter-Terrorism initiative. It is an initiative of Barack Obama, Former President of the USA.
US Defence Secretary Lloyd J Austin III arrives in India
US Defence Secretary Lloyd J Austin III arrived in India on a Three-day visit from
March 19-21, 2021. It is the first visit by a Top Official of the newly elected Biden Administration to India.
- During the visit, he called on PM Narendra Modi, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh, EAM S Jaishankar & National Security Advisor (NSA) Ajit Doval.
- The key focus of the discussions was expansion of Strategic, Security ties & also the rising influence of China.
About United States (US):
Capital– Washington, D.C.
Currency– United States Dollar (USD)
President– Joe Biden
<<Read Full News>>
Cabinet Approvals on March 23, 2021On March 23, 2021, the Union Cabinet headed by Prime Minister, Narendra Modi approved several important proposals.
i.Cabinet was appraised of the progress under the National Health Mission (NHM) during FY 2019-20.
- NHM comes under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, it stated an Expenditure of INR 27, 989 Crore (Central Share) during the FY 2019-20.
ii.Approval of signing of MoU between UPSC, India & Independent Administrative Reforms & Civil Services Commission (IARCSC), Afghanistan.
- Objective – To facilitate sharing of experience & expertise of both parties in the area of recruitment.
iii.Memorandum of Cooperation (MoC) between India & Japan in the Water Resources Field.
- Objective – To achieve water security, improved irrigation facility and sustainability in water resources development.
- A small executive body that acts as the supreme decision-making body in India.
- Only the Prime Minister & Ministers of the rank of Cabinet Minister are members of the Union Cabinet following Article 75 of the Indian Constitution.
- The total number of ministers in the Union Cabinet must not exceed 15% of the total number of members of Lok Sabha.
India, Madagascar conduct 1st ever Joint Naval Patrolling & ‘PASSEX’On March 24, 2021, the 1st ever Joint Naval Patrol took place between the navies of India & Madagascar at Madagascar’s Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ). They also conducted a Passage Exercise (PASSEX).
Objective – To ensure maritime security in the Indian Ocean Region (IOR).
- From the Indian side INS Shardul, an amphibious warfare vessel participated in the Defence Exercise;From Madagascar’s side, Malagasy Naval Ship ‘Trozona’ took part.
India & Bangladesh conduct PASSEX
On March 11, 2021, The PASSEX exercise between India & Bangladesh was conducted at the end of the 3-day visit by Indian Navy vessels to the Mongla port in Bangladesh.
- It is the 1st time that any Indian Naval Ship visited the port of Mongla in Bangladesh.
- Objective – To enhance interoperability & maritime cooperation
- India – Offshore Patrol Vessel (OPV) INS Sumedha & INS Kulish
- Bangladesh – BNS Ali Haider & OPV BNS Karatoa
President – Andry Rajoelina
Capital – Antananarivo
Currency – Malagasy Ariary (MGA)
<<Read Full News>>
India & France working on 3rd Joint Satellite MissionK Sivan, the Chairman of Indian Space Research Organisation(ISRO) stated that India and France are working on the third joint satellite mission, as a bilateral space collaboration is entering into multiple domains like space exploration and human spaceflight programmes.
- Note– France is the biggest partner of India in space.
- ISRO and French space agency Centre National d’Études Spatiales (CNES) have already undertaken two joint missions “Megha Tropiques” launched in 2011 and “SARAL Altika” launched in 2013.
i.ISRO and CNES have completed the feasibility study to realise the earth observation satellite mission with thermal infrared imager, ‘TRISHNA (Thermal infraRed Imaging Satellite for High-resolution Natural resource Assessment) and are working towards finalising an implementing arrangement for the joint development.
ii.India is working with France on joint experiments and accommodation of scientific instruments in space missions.
i.Both ISRO and CNES have finalised all the interface control documents for accommodating the ARGOS instruments of CNES in ISRO’s OCEANSAT-3 satellite.
ii.The ARGOS instruments were delivered to Bengaluru, Karnataka for the integration with the satellite.
- It was created in 1978 by the CNES, the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA).
- It is a scientific tool for collecting and relaying meteorological and oceanographic data around the world.
iii.The discussions on establishing ‘NavIC’ reference station in France and Scintillation receivers in India have also progressed.
iv.NavIC is an independent regional navigation satellite system developed and maintained by India.
With the government’s recent reforms in the space sector, the cooperation between India and France in the space sector is expected to grow by involving the industries, academic and research institutes.
Govt. spends Rs. 11.82 cr for Implementing National Digital Health Mission in 6 UTs
Central Govt. has spent Rs. 11.82 crores for Implementing the National Digital Health Mission (NDHM) since its roll out in 15th August 2020 under pilot basis in 6 Union Territories– Chandigarh, Ladakh, Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu, Puducherry, Andaman & Nicobar Islands and Lakshadweep with a total of 9.97 lakhs beneficiaries. National Health Authority (NHA) is the implementing agency of NDHM.
- NDHM digitizes Medical identity documents of people, thereby creating a National Digital Health Ecosystem which can be used by various organisations including private players.
India ranked 40th on International Intellectual Property Index 2021; USA Tops the IndexIndia with a score of 38.40% has been ranked 40th out of 53 Global Economies in the 9th Edition of the ‘International Intellectual Property (IP) Index : Recovery through Ingenuity 2021’ released by US Chamber of Commerce Global Innovation Policy Centre (GIPC). USA, UK & Germany topped the Index.
- In the 8th Edition India Scored 38.46%.So there is a decline of 0.06% from Previous Year.
- The IIP Index released annually by GIPC evaluates the IP rights, patents, copyright policies, commercialization of IP assets and ratification of International Treaties of 53 Global economies.
- The report states that the overall global IP environment has improved in 2020, with 32 out of 53 Countries recording positive improvements in their score.
About Global Innovation Policy Centre (GIPC):
President & CEO – David Hirschmann
Headquarters – Washington D.C., USA
<<Read Full News>>
BANKING & FINANCE
SEBI Issued New Framework for Delivery Default in Derivatives SegmentOn 23,2021, the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) along with the Clearing Corporation of India Ltd. (CCIL) framed a new penal structure for the commodity derivatives segment in the event of delivery default.
- In agricultural and non-agricultural commodities, the penalty for delivery default by the seller will now be 4% and 3% of the settlement price plus replacement cost, respectively.
- The delivery default norms will be effective from the first trading day of May 2021.
- 1% of settlement price in case of non-agri goods or 2% of settlement price in case of agri goods plus replacement cost will go to a buyer who was entitled to receive the delivery.
Powers levied to CCIL:
- It will fix the provisions for the levy of penalty on delivery default by the buyer.
- It has an appropriate deterrent mechanism including penal/disciplinary action in place against intentional delivery default.
- It has the flexibility to increase or decrease the penalty for specific commodities depending on the situation in consultation with SEBI.
About The Clearing Corporation of India Ltd. (CCIL):
- CCIL is authorised and supervised by the Reserve Bank of India under the Payment and Settlement Systems Act, 2007.
- It will provide guaranteed clearing and settlement functions for transactions in Money, G-Secs, Foreign Exchange and Derivative markets.
Establishment – April 2001
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
Managing Director – Hare Krishna Jena
<<Read Full News>>
ICICI Bank in Partnership with BillDesk and Razorpay Launched Instant EMI Facility – ‘EMI @ Internet Banking’On March 24, 2021, ICICI Bank launched an instant EMI (Equated Monthly Instalments) facility in its internet banking platform ‘EMI @ Internet Banking’ in partnership with BillDesk and Razorpay, leading online payment gateway companies. ICICI Bank becomes the first Indian bank to introduce an instant EMI facility on an internet banking platform.
Benefits of ‘EMI @ Internet Banking’ facility:
- It enables its pre-approved customers to convert their high-value transactions up to Rs 5 lakh into easy monthly instalments.
- Instant digital processing: It will empower the Bank’s pre-approved customers to purchase or shop for their needs in a completely contactless, instant, digital and secure manner.
- Higher transaction limit: Customers can do purchases of products or services ranging from ₹50,000 to ₹5 lakh.
- Flexible tenures: Customers can select tenures of their choice from three months, six months, nine months and 12 months.
About ICICI Bank:
Establishment – 1995(Incorporated 1994)
Headquarters– Mumbai, Maharashtra
MD& CEO – Sandeep Bakhshi
Tagline – Hum hai na, Khayal Apka
<<Read Full News>>
IOB launched Savings Account for millennials – ‘IOB Trendy’On March 24, 2021, Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) launched a savings account named ‘IOB Trendy’ which is customised for the millennial population of the country to meet their banking preferences.
Key points about ‘IOB Trendy’:
- Age Limit for the account is about 21-38 years.
- Customers have to maintain a daily minimum balance of ₹10,000 or
- A daily minimum balance of ₹5,000 and a Digital turnover of a minimum of ₹20,000 per month (Transactions using IOB ATM / CDM / IOB Mobile Banking or Internet Banking fund transfer / IOB UPI transactions or IOB Debit card POS transactions)
- The account provides free personalised accident (death) insurance cover of ₹5 lakhs if the quarterly average balance is ₹1 lakh and above.
About Indian Overseas Bank (IOB)Bank:
Establishment – 10th February 1937
Headquarters – Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Tagline – Good people to grow with
MD&CEO -Shri Partha Pratim Sengupta
<<Read Full News>>
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNATIONS
Denis Sassou Nguesso, President of Republic of Congo Re-elected with 88% voteOn 23rd March 2021, Denis Sassou Nguesso(77 year old), President of Republic of Congo was re-elected as the President with more than 88.57% of the vote. He has been the President of Congo for the accumulated 36 years.
About Denis Sassou Nguesso:
i.Denis Sassou Nguesso, of the Congolese Labour Party (Parti Congolais du Travail; PCT), first became the president in 1979.
ii.He later became the president in 1997 after losing the Congo’s first multiparty election in 1992.
iii.He changed the constitution of Congo in 2015 and extended the term limits which barred him from standing for a re-election in 2016.
About Republic of Congo:
Currency- Central African CFA franc
ACQUISITIONS & MERGERS
NSE bought 26% stake in IGX from IEX and became its co-promoterThe Indian Energy Exchange (IEX) has divested 26% of its equity holding in the Indian Gas Exchange (IGX) to National Stock Exchange of India (NSE).
- After this NSE became a co-promoter and the second largest shareholder on the IGX gas-trading platform
- IEX, which set up the IGX natural gas trading hub, had earlier sold 5% stake each to GAIL (India), Adani Total Gas, and Torrent Gas, and Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC).
- After the latest sale, IEX now has 54 % shareholding in IGX. This makes NSE and IEX the two promoters and the rest equity shareholders in the platform.
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC) has signed a Share Purchase and Shareholders Agreement (SPSHA) with the Indian Gas Exchange (IGX) and the Indian Energy Exchange (IEX) on 10 March 2021 to acquire 5 per cent equity in IGX.
About Indian Gas Exchange Ltd. (IGX):
- Indian Gas Exchange Ltd. (IGX) is India’s first automated national level Gas Exchange to promote and sustain an efficient and robust Gas market and to foster gas trading in the country.
- It will facilitate in achieving the Government of India’s target of increasing the share of natural gas in India’s energy basket from current5% to 15% by 2030.
- IGX started operations on 15 June 2020 as a gas trading platform and has been operating as the Gas Exchange since December 2020.
- The Exchange operates under the regulatory framework of Petroleum and Natural Gas Regulatory Board (PNGRB).
Government Sells 15% stake in Rail Vikas Nigam LtdIndian Government has announced to sell 15% of its stake in Rail Vikas Nigam Limited (RVNL) through an Offer for Sale (OFS) for Rs. 750 crores. Of this 15% stake, Govt. will diverse 10% (208.5 million shares) of the total paid-up equity capital through OFS and 5% (104.25 million shares) through the Green Shoe option.
- The shares were sold to Non-Retail & Retail investors on 24th & 25th of March.
- This sale comes as a part of Indian govt’s Rs 1.75 lakh crore disinvestment plan.
Note- In March 2021, Indian Govt. sold 26.12% stake in Tata Communication for Rs. 8,846 crores.
i.As of December 31, 2020, the govt. held 87.84% stake in RVNL, following this sale, govt’s holdings fell to 74.67%.
About Rail Vikas Nigam Limited:
RVNL was established in 2003, as a 100% Public Sector Company under the Ministry of Railways.
Chairman & MD- Pradeep Gaur
Headquarters- New Delhi
Adani Green Energy Buys 50 MW Telangana Solar Power Project from SkyPower Global
Adani Green Energy Limited (AGEL) acquired 100% stake in 50 MW Telangana Solar Power Project, from SkyPower Global. In this regard, AGEL has signed a share purchase agreement with SkyPower Global.
i.50 MW Telangana Solar Power Project, was commissioned in Oct 2017 and has a long-term Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) with the Southern Power Distribution Company of Telangana.
ii.With this acquisition, AGEL will raise its operating renewable capacity to 3,395 MW with a total renewable portfolio of 14,865 MW including under-construction and awarded projects.
Note – Target of AGEL – 25 GW by 2025 to become the largest renewable energy company in the world.
AGEL– MD & CEO – Vneet S.Jaain; Headquarter – Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
SkyPower Global – Founder, President and Chief Executive Officer – Kerry Adler; Headquarter – Toronto, Canada
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
ICGS OPV ‘Vajra’ commissioned into service at Kattupalli, ChennaiIndian Coast Guard Ship (ICGS) ‘Vajra’ (meaning Thunderbolt), the 6th Offshore Patrol Vessel (OPV) was formally commissioned into service at Kattupalli in Chennai. It has been indigenously designed and built by L&T Shipbuilding Ltd under the ‘Make in India’ initiative.
- ICGS Vajra will be commanded by Deputy Inspector Alex Thomas and will be based at Tuticorin under the operational control of Coast Guard Eastern Region.
- ‘Vajra’ is the 6th OPV in the series of 7 OPV. The contract was awarded by the Ministry of Defence to L&T Shipbuilding ltd.
- With the joining of this ship, ICG will have 156 Surface Assets & 62 Aircraft in its inventory.
- It will be deployed specifically for Surveillance of EEZ (Exclusive Economic Zones).
- It will also safeguard the Maritime Interests of India.
About Indian Coast Guard (ICG)
Director General – Krishnaswamy Natarajan
Headquarters – New Delhi
<<Read Full News>>
North Korea fires 2 Ballistic Missiles in SeaOn 24th March, 2021 the United States and Japan announced the firing of 2 Ballistic Missiles by the North Korean military into the Sea. The United Nations Security Council (UNSC) has banned North Korea from testing ballistic missiles & holding Nuclear programs.
i.North Korea also fired 2 Non-ballistic missiles in the Yellow Sea in March.
ii.Previously in March, the USA and South Korea held a Joint Military Exercise in Korean peninsula.
Note- North Korea has not conducted a single missile test since the 2018 Singapore meeting with Donald Trump.
- In June 2019, then US President Donald Trump became the 1st US President to step into North Korea.
About North Korea:
The 38th parallel line demarcates North Korea from South Korea.
Supreme Leader – Kim Jong-un
Capital – Pyongyang
Currency – North Korean Won
IMD launched a Climate Data Service Portal
On 23rd March 2021, The India Meteorological Department (IMD) launched a Climate Data Service Portal with meteorological data of over 100 years(since 1900) which can be accessed by the public. The portal has been developed by IMD, Pune.
The platform was developed with climate data management and supply to the users.
Features of the platform:
i.The platform complements the fully automated climate data management processes from real time data management processes from real time data acquisition to expeditious data dissemination.
ii.The major components of the portal are, Real-time monitoring of weather observations recorded by IMD observatories, Encapsulated IMD Metadata Portal, other reports and dashboards, Online access to meteorological data through data supply portal.
iii.IMD also released standard operating procedures(SOP) for monitoring, forecasting and warning services of severe weather events.
iv.SOPs were released on a host of services like satellite application in weather forecasting, radar application in weather forecasting, numerical weather prediction, and others.
v.These SOPs will help the operational forecasters and will serve as a valuable document to carry out research activities.
About India Meteorological Department (IMD):
Director General of Meteorology– Mrutyunjay Mohapatra
Headquarters– New Delhi
Federation Cup: Avinash Sable sets new national record in men’s 3000m steeplechase
Avinash Sable posted a new national record of 8 minutes 20.20 seconds as he won the men’s 3000-metre steeplechase at the National Federation Cup. Avinash has already qualified for Tokyo Olympics. He broke his own record of 8:21.37 at the 2019 Doha World Championships
BOOKS & AUTHORS
“Escaped: True Stories of Indian Fugitives in London” Authored by Danish Khan & Ruhi Khan ReleasedThe new book titled “Escaped: True Stories of Indian Fugitives in London” Authored by Danish Khan & Ruhi Khan was released on 22nd March 2021. The book features 12 high profile cases where the guilty party has escaped to England.
The book was published by Penguin eBury Press. The book was presented by S. Hussain Zaidi, an Indian author and former investigative journalist who publishes under the aegis of Blue Salt.
About the book:
i.The book investigates and explains the details of these cases using the eyewitness accounts and archival records.
ii.The book features the cases of extradition over 70 years to solve legal quagmire which caused the debate in the court of her majesty and consternation in the power corridors of New Delhi.
iii.The fugitives featured in the book are,
- Vijay Mallaya
- Nirav Modi
- Sanjeev Chawla aka Sanjay
- Iqbal Memon aka Mirchi
- Nadeem Saifi
- Hanif Patel aka Tiger Hanif
- Raymond Varley
- Arti Dhir and Kaval Raijada
- Ravi Shankaran
- Narang Brothers
- Dharma Jayanti Teja
- Mubarak Ali Ahmed
About the authors:
Danish Khan is a journalist and historian living in London. He has been working with Time Now, ET Now and Mumbai Mirror covering the United Kingdom and Europe for around 10 years.
Ruhi Khan is an independent journalist, based in London.Her works were published for the Wire and she has also worked with NDTV and Mumbai Mirror.She won Mary Morgan Hewitt Award for Women in Journalism.
“Names of the Women” a New Book by Jeet ThayilJeet Thayil’s new book titled ‘Names of the Women’ talks about women whose roles were suppressed, reduced or removed in the Gospels. The book was published by Penguin Books.
About the book:
i.The book features the story of 15 women whose lives were overlapped with the life of Christ.
ii.The women featured in the book includes, Lydia and Assia, Martha and Mary of Bethany, Junia the Widow of Jerusalem, Susanna the Barren, Ariamma the Canaanite and others.
About Jeet Thayil:
i.Jeet Thayil hails from Kerala who was educated at Jesuit Schools in Bombay, Hong Kong and New York.
ii.He has won the DSC Prize for South Asian Literature.
i.He was best known for his book titled “Narcopolis” which was shortlisted for Man Booker Prize 2012.
ii.His other books include, The Errors are correct, The Book of Chocolate Saints and others.
International Day for the Right to the Truth Concerning Gross Human Rights Violations and for the Dignity of Victims 2021 – March 24i.The United Nations(UN)’s International Day for the Right to the Truth Concerning Gross Human Rights Violations and for the Dignity of Victims is annually observed across the globe on 24th March to pay tribute to the memory of Monsignor Óscar Arnulfo Romero, who was murdered on 24th March 1980.
ii.The United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) adopted the resolution A/RES/65/196 on 21st December 2010 and proclaimed the 24th March of every year as the International Day for the Right to the Truth Concerning Gross Human Rights Violations and for the Dignity of Victims.
iii.The first International Day for the Right to the Truth Concerning Gross Human Rights Violations and for the Dignity of Victims was observed on 24th March 2011.
<<Read Full News>>
International Day of Remembrance of the Victims of Slavery and the Transatlantic Slave Trade 2021 – March 25 i.The United Nations(UN)’s International Day of Remembrance of the Victims of Slavery and the Transatlantic Slave Trade is annually observed across the globe on 25th March to honour and remember the victims of the brutal slavery system.
ii.The day aims to create awareness about the dangers of racism and prejudice.
iii.The theme of International Day of Remembrance of the Victims of Slavery and the Transatlantic Slave Trade 2021 is “Ending Slavery’s Legacy of Racism: A Global Imperative for Justice”.
iv.The United Nations General assembly (UNGA) adopted the resolution A/RES/62/122 on 17th December 2007 and proclaimed the 25th March of every year as the International Day of Remembrance of the Victims of Slavery and the Transatlantic Slave Trade.
v.The transatlantic slave trade was the largest forced and most inhumane migration in history.
<<Read Full News>>
International Day of Solidarity with Detained and Missing Staff Members 2021 – March 25i.The United Nations(UN)’s International Day of Solidarity with Detained and Missing Staff Members is annually observed across the globe on 25th March. The day recognises the dangers encountered by the UN staff members as they carry out their work for the United Nations.
ii.The day also marks the anniversary of the abduction of Alec Collett, a former journalist, who worked for the UN Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East(UNRWA).
iii.The UN Security Council adopted the resolution S/RES/868(1993), the first resolution on staff security, on 29th September 1993.
<<Read Full News>>
Nagaland Health Minister, S Pangnyu Phom launched an app ‘i-Learn’ for CHOsOn March 23, 2021, Nagaland Health and Family Welfare Minister S Pangnyu Phom, launched a capacity building and performance tracking application, i-Learn for Community Health Officers (CHOs) in Nagaland.
- The app is launched with the support of project NISHTHA which is funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and implemented by Jhpiego.
- NISHTHA is supporting Nagaland to obtain comprehensive primary healthcare through the operationalization of Ayushman Bharat – Health and Wellness Centres.
About ‘Naga Telehealth’:
On September 9, 2020, S Pangnyu Phom in partnership with USAID’s NISHTHA-Jhpiego launched a telemedicine platform ‘Naga Telehealth’ to help people in remote areas to avail easier access to doctors for consultation. Under this platform, more than 1000 teleconsultations have been conducted so far.
Capital – Kohima
Chief minister – Neiphiu Rio
Governor – RN Ravi
<<Read Full News>>
Current Affairs Today (AffairsCloud Today)
|S.no||Current Affairs 26 March 2021|
|1||Lakshadweep (UT), District of Budgam (J&K) declared TB Free;Himachal Pradesh tops State TBI Index|
|2||India, US agree to reestablish ‘India-US Home Security Dialogue’|
|3||Cabinet Approvals on March 23, 2021|
|4||India, Madagascar conduct 1st ever Joint Naval Patrolling & ‘PASSEX’|
|5||India & France working on 3rd Joint Satellite Mission|
|6||Govt. spends Rs. 11.82 cr for Implementing National Digital Health Mission in 6 UTs|
|7||India ranked 40th on International Intellectual Property Index 2021; USA Tops the Index|
|8||SEBI Issued New Framework for Delivery Default in Derivatives Segment|
|9||ICICI Bank in Partnership with BillDesk and Razorpay Launched Instant EMI Facility – ‘EMI @ Internet Banking’|
|10||IOB launched Savings Account for millennials – ‘IOB Trendy’|
|11||Denis Sassou Nguesso, President of Republic of Congo Re-elected with 88% vote|
|12||NSE bought 26% stake in IGX from IEX and became its co-promoter|
|13||Government Sells 15% stake in Rail Vikas Nigam Ltd|
|14||Adani Green Energy Buys 50 MW Telangana Solar Power Project from SkyPower Global|
|15||ICGS OPV ‘Vajra’ commissioned into service at Kattupalli, Chennai|
|16||North Korea fires 2 Ballistic Missiles in Sea|
|17||IMD launched a Climate Data Service Portal|
|18||Federation Cup: Avinash Sable sets new national record in men’s 3000m steeplechase|
|19||“Escaped: True Stories of Indian Fugitives in London” Authored by Danish Khan & Ruhi Khan Released|
|20||“Names of the Women” a New Book by Jeet Thayil|
|21||International Day for the Right to the Truth Concerning Gross Human Rights Violations and for the Dignity of Victims 2021 – March 24|
|22||International Day of Remembrance of the Victims of Slavery and the Transatlantic Slave Trade 2021 – March 25|
|23||International Day of Solidarity with Detained and Missing Staff Members 2021 – March 25|
|24||Nagaland Health Minister, S Pangnyu Phom launched an app ‘i-Learn’ for CHOs|