We are here for you to provide the important Recent and Latest Current Affairs 23 November 2022, which have unique updates of Latest Current Affairs 2022 events from all newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economic Times, PIB, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express, Business Standard and all Government official websites.
Our Current Affairs November 2022 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2022 PDF which will be a pedestrian to crack your exams.
Read Current Affairs in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Learn Current Affairs – Free Course – Click Here to Download the APP
We are Hiring – Subject Matter Expert | CA Video Creator | Content Developers(Pondicherry)
India-EU sign ‘Intent of Cooperation’ on Climate Modeling, Quantum TechOn November 21, 2022, an Intent of Cooperation on High-Performance Computing (HPC), Weather Extremes and Climate Modelling and Quantum Technologies was signed between India’s Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), and the European Union’s (EU) European Commission’s Directorate-General for Communications Networks, Content and Technology (DG CONNECT) during a virtual ceremony.
It was signed by Alkesh Kumar Sharma, MeitY secretary; and , DG CONNECT.Roberto Viola
Aim of Agreement:
To facilitate collaboration on HPC applications using Indian and European supercomputers in areas such as bio-molecular medicines, covid-19 therapeutics, mitigating climate change, predicting natural disasters and quantum computing.
i.This agreement is on the lines of the commitments by both nations for deepening technological cooperation on quantum and HPC during the India-EU leaders meeting on May 8, 2022.
ii.This also signifies the decision taken by India and EU to set up EU-India Trade and Technology Council (TTC) on April 25, 2022
- India-EU TTC is a strategic mechanism that gives India access to advanced technologies and allows both nations to set standards in areas such as 5G and Artificial Intelligence (AI).
- This is the first such TTC set up by India with any of its partners. For the EU, it is only the second such body, after with the US.
iii.India and the EU will utilize each other’s expertise to optimize HPC towards developing advanced technology solutions in multiple fields.
South Western Command Conducts Integrated Fire Power Exercise ‘SHATRUNASH’ in Thar desert, RajasthanIndian Army’s South Western Command conducted “SHATRUNASH”, the Integrated Fire Power Exercise, Mahajan Field Firing Range (MFFR) in the Thar Desert in Rajasthan.
i.The exercise involved the use of multi-farious firing platforms in an integrated manner involving both ground & aerial manoeuvres.
ii.Actions including insertion of troops, and offensive ground actions involving comprehensive coordination incorporating contemporary technologies in a multi-domain environment were also conducted during this exercise.
iii.During the exercise, Real-time communication and sharing of a common operating picture amongst various participants to overcome emerging threats were also practised and honed.
i.The exercise used all resources, including the Indian Air Force(IAF) & aviation assets, in an integrated manner.
ii.This was accomplished by utilising versatile and indigenously manufactured long-range aerial & ground vectors like, Advanced Light Helicopter (Weapon System Integrated), K9 – Vajra, Sharang Arty Guns, Bhishma (T-90 tanks) & Ajeya (T-72 tanks) to operate in a synergised manner based on the intelligence picture provided by well-established Intelligence, Surveillance & Recce (ISR) Architecture.
- MFFR, located in Bikaner Rajasthan is the army’s oldest and biggest practice area in the Thar desert.
- South Western Command was formally raised on 15 April 2005 and Operationalised on 15 August 2005.
M1xchange, MSME Ministry signs MOU for integration of Udyam Portal with TReDS
On 20th November 2022 M1xchange, TReDS Platform (Trade Receivable Discounting System) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Ministry of Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) to enable MSMEs with Udyam registration can register on M1xchange to discount their invoices.
- The MoU was signed in the presence of Union Minister of MSME, Narayan Rane, Minister of State for MSME, Bhanu Pratap Singh Verma along with other dignitaries from the state and central MSME Ministry during the national seminar on the growth and development of MSMEs in Imphal, Manipur.
Note:M1xchange TReDS is a digital marketplace to sell the receivables to banks/NBFC set up under the approval of Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to facilitate the discounting of invoices and bills of exchange on a PAN India basis.
About the MoU:
i.Under the MoU, all MSMEs registered with Udyam portal will now be able to register on M1xchange and thereby enabling reach of TReDS to millions of MSMEs in India with Udyam Login.
ii.The MSMEs will also benefit from a two-way exchange of information between Udyam portal and M1xchange.
- All Udyam registered MSME’s will be able to access liquidity at the lowest possible cost in the country.”
- Sharing of Information between M1xchange to Udyam will enrich the MSMEs to benefit from several MSME-focused government initiatives.
i.The signing of MoU comes days after the announcement of M1xchange upon raising Rs 38 crores from its existing investors B2B (Business-to-Business) platform IndiaMART and venture capital fund Beenext for an additional 3.4 percent and 1.99 percent equity stake respectively.
ii.According to M1xchange, it has facilitated bill discounting of more than Rs 37,000 crores to over 14,000 MSME suppliers across 1,400 towns in India with the payments for the invoices discounted credited to MSMEs within 24 hours.
i.TReDS is an electronic platform that was licensed by Reserve Bank of India (RBI) for facilitating financing or discounting of trade receivables of Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) through multiple financiers.
ii.In August 2021, the Government of India (GoI) amended the Factoring Regulation Act (Amendment) 2021 to permit Non-Banking Finance Companies (NBFCs) to register on TReDS for discounting MSME invoices.
Note – Apart from M1xchange, other TReDS platforms licensed by RBI are RXIL, Invoicemart, and the online marketplace for working capital solutions C2FO.
Chief Executive Officer (CEO) – Sundeep Mohindru
Headquarters – Gurugram, Haryana
Establishment – 2015
Manipur Sangai Festival 2022 beginsOn 21st November 2022, the 10-day-long Manipur Sangai Festival 2022 (the festival of Oneness), the annual cultural festival organised by the Manipur Tourism Department was declared open at the main venue, Sangai Ethnic Park, Moirang Khunou, Bishnupur district, Manipur.
- Union Minister of Tourism of India, G Kishan Reddy declared the event open in the presence of the Chief Minister(CM) of Manipur, Nongthombam Biren Singh.
- Manipur Sangai Festival 2022 marks the 11th edition of the celebration. In 2020 and 2021 Manipur Sangai Festival did not take place due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The 10-day long festival will take place until 30th November 2022 in 13 locations spread over 6 districts in Manipur.
The Sangai Ethnic Park, which features the replicas of the traditional homes of 34 different Manipur tribes, was inaugurated by the Chief Minister of Manipur N. Biren Singh.
The theme of the Manipur Sangai Festival 2022 is the ‘Festival of Oneness’.
- The theme aims to encourage a sense of belongingness, and pride in ownership of the land among the people.
Highlights of the event:
i.On the Sangai Festival occasion, the 2 coffee table books were released: Manipur Sangai Festival 2022 by the Tourism Department and Manipur Today Special Edition on Sangai Festival by the Directorate of Information and Public Relations.
ii. During the event, The Manipur Sangai Festival 2022 theme song by Mangka Laihui was also rendered and cultural troupes performed.
About Manipur Sangai Festival:
i. The festival is named after the State animal, Sangai, the brow-antlered deer found only in Manipur.
- Sangai Festival began in 2010 and has developed to become a significant platform for Manipur to present its rich tradition and culture to the globe.
ii. Every edition of the festival displays the state’s tourism potential in the areas of arts & culture, handicrafts, Handloom, indigenous sports, cuisine, music, and adventure sports.
Chief Minister- Nongthombam Biren Singh
Governor- La. Ganesan
National Park- Keibul-Lamjao National Park (Bishnupur)
Highlights of UN Climate Change Conference (COP 27) held at Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt – November 6 – 20, 2022 – PART II The 27th Conference of the Parties (COP 27) to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) was held from November 6 – 20, 2022 in Sharm El-Sheikh, Arab Republic of Egypt.
- The COP 28 to the UNFCCC will be held in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) from November 30 to December 12, 2023.
Click here to read Part I of the Highlights of UNFCCC COP 27.
BASIC Group Ministers Meet at COP27 in Egypt
At the COP 27 in Sharm el-Sheikh, Egypt, Ministers from the BASIC (Brazil, South Africa, India, and China) Group emphasized the notion of “Common but Differentiated Responsibilities ” (CBDR) and respective capabilities in light of national situations.
- The meeting was presided over by H.E. Ms. Barbara Creecy, Minister of Forestry, Fisheries, and the Environment of the Republic of South Africa.
The BASIC Ministers emphasized that, despite great developmental obstacles and poverty eradication constraints, the BASIC countries continue to lead in climate change activities.
>> Read Full News
Network Readiness Index 2022 Report: India climbs 6 places to 61st; US Topsi.The United States (US)-based non-profit Portulans Institute (PI) released its Network Readiness Index (NRI) 2022 report. As per it, India moved up six spots to claim the 61st place in the index from 67th in NRI 2021.
ii.India’s total score also increased to 51.19 in 2022 from 49.74 in 2021.
iii.The index has been topped by the United States (US) as the most network-ready society with an overall score of 80.3. It is followed by Singapore with a score of 79.35, and Sweden with a score of 78.91 at 2nd and 3rd rank respectively.
iv.NRI measures the readiness of countries to exploit opportunities offered by Information Communications Technology (ICT) for development and competitiveness.
v.India is ranked 3rd out of 36 in the group of lower-middle-income countries after Ukraine (50) and Indonesia (59) at 1st and 2nd rank respectively.
About Portulans Institute (PI):
Founders– Soumitra Dutta and Bruno Lanvin
Headquarters– Washington DC., United States
>> Read Full News
Antimicrobial Resistance will reduce global annual GDP by 3.8% by 2050: WHOThe World Health Organisation (WHO) has stated that In a high-impact scenario, Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR) will reduce global annual Gross Domestic Product (GDP) by 3.8% by 2050. If this situation remains unchecked, in the next decade, this could result in GDP shortfall of USD 3.4 trillion annually and push around 24 million people into extreme poverty.
- This announcement aims to highlight the need for sustained multisectoral action to prevent and contain AMR during World Antimicrobial Awareness Week (WAAW) from 18th to 24th November 2022.
Over 1 billion young people are at risk of hearing loss: Study
According to the research published in open access journal BMJ Global Health, more than 1 billion teens and young people are potentially at risk of hearing loss because of their use of headphones and earbuds and attendance at loud music venues.
- WHO estimates that more than 430 million people across the globe currently have disabling hearing loss. This number could rise to over 2.5 billion by 2050.
About World Health Organisation (WHO):
Director General– Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus
Headquarters– Geneva, Switzerland
Established in 1948
>> Read Full News
BANKING & FINANCE
Karnataka has Highest Installed Grid-Interactive Renewable Power Capacity in India: RBI Handbooki.On November 19, 2022, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) released the 7th edition of its statistical publication namely ‘Handbook of Statistics on Indian States 2021-22’.
ii.According to the publication, Karnataka has the highest installed grid-interactive renewable power capacity in India with a total installed capacity of 15,463 Megawatts (MW).
iii.It is followed by Tamil Nadu (TN), with 15,225 MW at 2nd; Gujarat, with 13,153 MW, at 3rd.
iv.The states’ figures of total installed capacity of Grid Interactive Renewable Power are till 2021.
About Reserve Bank of India (RBI):
i.The Reserve Bank of India was established on April 1, 1935, in accordance with the provisions of the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934.
ii.The Central Office of the Reserve Bank was initially established in Calcutta but was permanently moved to Mumbai in 1937.
iii.Though originally privately owned, since nationalization in 1949, the Reserve Bank is fully owned by the Government of India.
>> Read Full News
Kotak General Introduces Add-on Insurance Feature for Private Car OwnersOn 21st November 2022, Kotak Mahindra General Insurance Company (Kotak General Insurance) launched Kotak Meter (Switch On/Switch Off), an add-on cover for Private Car insurance policy to allow policyholders pause the insurance cover when the vehicle is idle.
- Following the launch, Kotak General Insurance claims to become India’s first company to offer a cashback via an add-on for private car insurance policy.
- The ‘Meter’ add-on was initially introduced through Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDAI)’s regulatory sandbox
About Meter add-on:
i.The Meter (switch-on/off) add-on, users can download the Kotak Meter Mobile App from Play Store or App Store, which allows the vehicle owners to switch their car insurance coverage ‘On and Off’ based on usage.
- This means that the vehicle owners can pay for insurance only when the vehicle is in use.
ii.The policyholders will get one reward day in their policy cover for every 24 straight hours that the cover has been paused.
- These reward days can be redeemed either by getting a discount at the time of renewal or a cashback up to 40 percent of own damage (OD) premium at the end of the policy term, depending on the number of reward days accrued.
iii.The cost of this add-on feature will be Rs. 250, which will also cover theft, fraud and natural calamities while the cover is paused, but not accidental damage.
About Kotak Mahindra General Insurance Company (Kotak General Insurance):
Kotak Mahindra General Insurance Company is a subsidiary of Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd.
Managing Director (MD) & Chief Executive Officer (CEO) – Suresh Agarwal
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
Establishment – 2003
ICICI Bank Launches Two New Products for NRIs – Dollar Bond & LADICICI Bank Limited, a private sector lender has launched two new products, Loan Against Deposits (LAD) and Dollar Bonds for Non Resident Indian (NRI) customers at its branch in Gujarat International Finance Tec-City (GIFT City), a Gujarat-based emerging global financial and Information Technology (IT) services hub.
- ICICI Bank becomes the first bank to offer such products in GIFT City, Gujarat.
About the products:
i.The Loan Against Deposits (LAD)– This is similar to a loan in foreign currency against a deposit in India and includes Non Resident External (NRE) Fixed Deposits (FD) in rupees.
- Clients can avail this facility for short-term cash requirements without premature closure of term deposits which entails penalties.
- Customers can avail up to 95 percent of the deposit value.
- The customers can get flexible tenures with fixed or floating interest rates.
ii.The Dollar Bonds – This offer is an alternative investment option for NRIs, to book dollar bonds through ICICI Bank in GIFT city from among 50 marquee issuers or companies for these bonds.
Other offerings for NRIs:
i.Global Current Account – This is a non-interest bearing account with no minimum balance, that helps NRIs to deposit money in foreign currencies such as USD (Dollar), EUR (Euro), GBP (British Pound Sterling) in India.
ii.Global Savings Account – NRIs can deposit money for a short term and earn interest from the deposits.
iii.Term Deposits – These are similar to Foreign Currency Non Resident (FCNR) deposits with minimum lock-in period of 7 days compared to 1 year for FCNR in India. Customers can deposit in currencies such as USD, EUR, GBP.
About ICICI Bank Limited:
Managing Director (MD) & Chief Executive Officer (CEO) – Sandeep Bakhshi
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
Establishment – 1994
ECONOMY & BUSINESS
CRISIL lowers India’s FY23 growth by 30 bps to 7%; ICRA slashes Q2 GDP to 6.5%On November 21, 2022, Credit rating agency CRISIL (formerly Credit Rating Information Services of India Limited) reduced India’s real Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth forecast by 30 basis points (bps) for 2022-2023 to 7% from 7.3% earlier.
- ICRA Limited (ICRA) [formerly Investment Information and Credit Rating Agency of India Limited] has lowered the economic expansion at 6.5% for the Q2 of FY2022-23.
- The combined revenue expenditure of the 24 states grew 16.7% in Q2
- Central Government’s non-interest revenue expenditure contracted by 1.4% in Q2.
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
KVG Bank receives National Award from PFRDA for Atal Pension Yojana enrolment Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank (KVGB) has received a National Award from the Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) for significant enrolment under Atal Pension Yojana (APY).
- The Chairman of KVGB, P Gopi Krishna, received the award from the Chairperson of PFRDA, Supratim Bandyopadhyay in an event organised at New Delhi, Delhi.
i. KVGB has so far enrolled 3,34,687 (cumulative) accounts to the APY. During 2022–2023, the bank enrolled 69,132 accounts, exceeding its target of 50,320.
ii. The bank currently has 629 locations in the 9 districts from Vijayapura to Mangaluru.
iii. The 3 social security programmes (Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY), Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY), and APY) introduced by the Government of India are all being implemented with a significant contribution of KVGB.
Atal Pension Yojana (APY):
i. The Atal Pension Yojana (APY) was launched in 2015 to create a universal social security system for all Indians, especially the poor.
ii. APY is administered by Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA).
iii. All bank account users between the ages of 18 and 40 are eligible for APY, and the contributions vary depending on the pension amount selected.
iv. At the age of 60, subscribers will start receiving the guaranteed minimum monthly pension of Rs. 1000- Rs 5000.
v. The APY’s goal is to encourage people to make small savings throughout their prime earning years so they may retire with a pension.
NTPC Team wins GOLD Award in 47th ICQCC-2022
Quality Control Circle (QCC) ABHYUDAYA, the QC team of NTPC Limited (formerly known as National Thermal Power Corporation Limited), Unchahar, Uttar Pradesh, has won the International Sudome Quality Medal – “GOLD” award in the 47th International Convention on Quality Control Circle (ICQCC-2022).
- The theme for ICQCC-2022 is “Built Back Better through Quality Efforts”
- NTPC QC Team presented on “Frequent Choking of Collecting tanks of AHP-IV”.
NTPC’s efforts to create a future-ready workforce were recognized when it was selected as a 2022 ATD BEST award winner by The Association for Talent Development (ATD), United States of America (USA).
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNATIONS
India Takes Over Chair of Global Partnership on Artificial Intelligence from FranceOn 21st November 2022, India took over as the Council Chair of the Global Partnership on Artificial Intelligence (GPAI) for 2022-2023 from France, the outgoing Council Chair of GPAI.
- Rajeev Chandrasekhar, Union Minister of State(MoS) for Electronics & Information Technology, represented India (virtually) at the GPAI Summit 2022, the 3rd annual meeting of GPAI, held in Tokyo, Japan.
- GPAI is an international initiative to support responsible and human-centric development and use of Artificial Intelligence (AI).
India won the Council Chair election receiving two third majority of first preference votes while Canada and the United States of America ranked in the next 2 best places.
- Canada and the US were elected to the two additional governemnt seats on the Steering Committee 2022-2023.
- The Government of Japan will co-chair the 2022-2023 GPAI Steering Committee with the Multistakeholder Experts Group Plenary Chair.
Note: India is set to assume the presidency of G20, a league of world’s largest economies at Bali, Indonesia in December 2022.
This initiative facilitates international cooperation on AI by bringing together experts from fields such as science, industry, civil society, governments, international bodies, and academia on a single platform.
- AI is expected to add USD 967 billion to the Indian economy by 2035 and is also expected to add USD 450 to USD 500 billion to India’s GDP (Gross Domestic Product) by 2025 accounting for 10 percent of India’s 5 trillion dollar GDP target.
Attendees – Japanese State Minister for Internal Affairs and Communications, Tsuge Yoshifumi, Japanese Parliamentary Vice-Minister of Economy, Trade and Industry, Makoto Nagamine, and French Minister for Digital Transition and Telecommunications, Jean-Noël Barrot, were present on the occasion.
About Global Partnership on Artificial Intelligence (GPAI):
GPAI, an international initiative on AI was launched in 2020 with 15 founding members, to support responsible and human-centric development and the use of Artificial Intelligence.
Members of GPAI:
i.Presently, GPAI has 29 members including Argentina, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, the Republic of Korea, Senegal, Serbia, Singapore, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Türkiye, the United Kingdom, the United States and the European Union.
ii.Founding members – India, Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, the Republic of Korea, Singapore, Slovenia, United Kingdom (UK), United states (US), European Union (EU).
Note – The inaugural edition was hosted by Montreal (Canada) in December 2020, and the 2nd edition was hosted by Paris November 2021.
Venu Gopal Achanta Elected as a Member of International Committee for Weight and Measures
Professor Venu Gopal Achanta, Director of the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research-National Physical Laboratory (CSIR-NPL), New Delhi, Delhi, has been elected as a member of the International Committee for Weights and Measures (CIPM – Comité International des Poids et Mesures).
- He was formally recognised as an elected Member of CIPM in the 27th General Conference on Weights and Measures (CGPM) conference, which took place from November 15–18, 2022, in Paris, France.
- He is one of 18 elected members from various countries and the 7th notable Indian in history to be elected to CIPM in recent years. Dr. K.S. Krishnan, the founder Director of CSIR-NPL was the 1st Indian to be elected as a member of CIPM.
- Currently, the CGPM has 64 member countries represented, and it meets every 4 years at the International Bureau of Weight and Measures (BIPM) in France.
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
ISRO Completed its Integrated Main Parachute Airdrop Test of Gaganyaan ProgrammeOn 18th November 2022, the Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre(VSSC), Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala), the research centre of the Indian Space Research Organisation(ISRO), conducted the “Integrated Main Parachute Airdrop Test, or IMAT”, a major development test of its crew module deceleration system at the Babina Field Fire Range (BFFR) in Jhansi, Uttar Pradesh(UP).
- This is a major development towards realizing the Gaganyaan project, the 1st project taken up by ISRO for demonstrating human space flight capability.
The Integrated Main Parachute Airdrop Test(IMAT ) is the first in a series of tests planned to stimulate various failure conditions of the parachute system prior to the first human spaceflight mission.
- The design and development of the parachute-based deceleration system is a joint venture of ISRO and the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO).
i.The first test simulated the case where one main parachute failed to open.
ii.The test was carried out with a 5-ton dummy mass, equivalent to the Crew module mass.
- The dummy mass was taken to an altitude of 2.5 kilometres(km) and dropped using the Indian Air Force(IAF)’s IL-76 (Ilyushin-76) aircraft.
iii.Two small pyro-based mortar-deployed pilot parachutes then pulled the Main parachutes.
iv.The fully inflated Main parachutes reduced the payload speed to a safe landing speed as the entire sequence lasted about 2-3 minutes and the payload mass landed softly on the ground.
Gaganyaan Crew module:
i.The Parachute system of the Gaganyaan Crew module consists of a total of 10 parachutes.
ii.In flight, the parachute sequence starts with the deployment of 2 Apex cover separation parachutes (protection cover for the Crew Module Parachute compartment), followed by 2 Drogue parachute deployment to stabilise & bring down the velocity.
iii.After the Drogue parachutes, 3 pilot chutes will be used to extract 3 Main parachutes individually to reduce the speed of the Crew module to safe levels during its landing.
- Only 2 main chutes are sufficient to land the astronauts on earth, and the 3rd chute is redundant.
- The performance of all the chutes will be evaluated by complex testing methods using Rail Track Rocket Sled (RTRS) test for smaller Parachutes and Aircraft/ Helicopters for the Main parachutes.
About Indian Space Research Organisation(ISRO):
Chairman– S. Somanath
Headquarters– Bengaluru, Karnataka
Established in 1969
Nitto ATP Finals 2022: Novak Djokovic won his 6th ATP Finals title & equalled Roger Federer’s recordOn 20th November 2022, Serbian tennis player Novak Djokovic(35-year-old ) won the Nitto ATP (Association of Tennis Professionals) Finals title for the 6th time. He won the title and defeated Norway’s Casper Ruud in straight sets 7-5, 6-3 in Nitto ATP Finals 2022 held at the Pala Alpitour in Turin, Italy.
- The Nitto ATP Finals 2022 was played on Hard Court.
- Winning his 6th ATP Finals Title, Novak Djokovic equalled Swiss tennis player, Roger Federer’s record for ATP Finals Championship.
- This marks his 91st career title and 5th title of the 2022 season
i.The ATP Finals sees world’s top 8 qualified singles players and doubles teams, the tournament also sees the official crowning of the year-end ATP World No.
- Carlos Alcaraz (Spain) creates history by becoming Youngest Year-End ATP World No. 1, Presented By Pepperstone.
ii.Novak Djokovic has now won the ATP Finals title in Shanghai (2008), London (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015) and Turin (2022).
iii. Winning the 2022 ATP Finals title, He became the oldest singles champion in the history of the ATP Finals.
About Novak Djokovic:
i. Novak Djokovic extended his lead in the ‘Big Titles’ and now owns 65 ‘Big Titles’, they are 21 Grand Slam trophies, 38 ATP Masters 1000 tournaments, and 6 ATP finals.
ii. He has received the largest tennis paycheck in tennis history: USD 4,740,300, for winning the ATP Finals.
iii. He is the only tennis player in history to earn USD 165 million in career prize money.
2022 ATP Finals doubles title: Ram-Salisbury wins 9th tour-level Men’s Double Title as duo:
Second seeds Rajeev Ram and Joe Salisbury, American-British pair, defeated Olympic gold medallists Nikola Mektic and Mate Pavic, Croatian tennis players, 7-6 (7-4) 6-4 to win the 2022 Nitto ATP Finals doubles title in Turin, Italy.
- This is their 1st trophy at the season finale and their 9th title as a team.
- Rajeev Ram is the 18th American and Joe Salisbury the 1st Briton to win the ATP Finals doubles championship.
- They have earned 1500 ATP Doubles points as undefeated champions and walked away with USD 930,300, the biggest doubles payday in history.
About the Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP):
Chief Executive Officer- Massimo Calvelli
Headquarters- London, United Kingdom
North East Olympic Games 2022: Manipur tops Medal tally 2nd Consecutive Time with 240 Medals
Manipur tops the medal tally of the North East Olympic Games 2022 with 240 Medals( 88 gold, 75 silver and 77 bronze). This is the 2nd consecutive time Manipur has to top the medal tally of the event.
- 2nd Edition North East Olympic Games (2022), the regional multi-sport event, was held at Shillong, Meghalaya from 9th- 17th November 2022. It was jointly hosted by the Government of Meghalaya and the North East Olympic Association (NEOA). A total of 18 disciplines were featured in the event.
- Assam secured 2nd position in the medal tally with 203 medals (79 golds, 61 silver and 63 bronze) followed by Arunachal Pradesh with 112 medals (39 gold, 36 silver and 37 bronze)
- Nagaland is set to host the 3rd edition of the Northeast Olympic Games.
- The 1st North East Olympic games were held in Manipur in October 2018 with over 12 disciplines.
World Heritage Week 2022 – November 19 – 25World Heritage Week (WHW) is annually observed across India from November 19 to 25 to promote the heritage and the culture of monuments and important sites for their conservation.
- From November 19–25, 2022, the Department of Archives, Archaeology, and Museums observes World Heritage Week.
World Heritage Week is part of the promotion activities by the Government of India (GoI) to encourage the preservation of historical places all around India.
Note: World Heritage Day or International Day for Monuments and Sites is annually observed across the globe on April 18. The theme of World Heritage Day 2022 is ‘Heritage and Climate’.
About the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI):
Director-General- V Vidyavathi (IAS)
Establishment- 1861 (under the Ministry of Culture)
About the Ministry of Culture:
Minister of Culture- G. Kishan Reddy (Constituency- Secunderabad, Telangana)
Minister of State- Arjun Ram Meghwal & Meenakshi Lekhi
>> Read Full News
*****Click Here View – AC Excluded News*****
Current Affairs Today (AffairsCloud Today)
|S.no||Current Affairs 23 November 2022|
|1||India-EU sign ‘Intent of Cooperation’ on Climate Modeling, Quantum Tech|
|2||South Western Command Conducts Integrated Fire Power Exercise ‘SHATRUNASH’ in Thar desert, Rajasthan|
|3||M1xchange, MSME Ministry signs MOU for integration of Udyam Portal with TReDS|
|4||Manipur Sangai Festival 2022 begins|
|5||Highlights of UN Climate Change Conference (COP 27) held at Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt – November 6 – 18 2022 – PART II|
|6||Network Readiness Index 2022 Report: India climbs 6 places to 61st; US Tops|
|7||Antimicrobial Resistance will reduce global annual GDP by 3.8% by 2050: WHO|
|8||Karnataka has Highest Installed Grid-Interactive Renewable Power Capacity in India: RBI Handbook|
|9||Kotak General Introduces Add-on Insurance Feature for Private Car Owners|
|10||ICICI Bank Launches Two New Products for NRIs – Dollar Bond & LAD|
|11||CRISIL revises India’s GDP forecast for FY23 down from 7.3% to 7%|
|12||KVG Bank receives National Award from PFRDA for Atal Pension Yojana enrolment|
|13||NTPC Team wins GOLD Award in 47th ICQCC-2022|
|14||India Takes Over Chair of Global Partnership on Artificial Intelligence from France|
|15||Venu Gopal Achanta Elected as a Member of International Committee for Weight and Measures|
|16||ISRO Completed its Integrated Main Parachute Airdrop Test of Gaganyaan Programme|
|17||Nitto ATP Finals 2022: Novak Djokovic won his 6th ATP Finals title & equalled Roger Federer’s record|
|18||North East Olympic Games 2022: Manipur tops Medal tally 2nd Consecutive Time with 240 Medals|
|19||World Heritage Week 2022 – November 19 – 25|