We are here for you to provide the important Recent and Latest Current Affairs 20 September 2022, which have unique updates of Latest Current Affairs 2022 events from all newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economic Times, PIB, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express, Business Standard and all Government official websites.
Our Current Affairs September 2022 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2022 PDF which will be a pedestrian to crack your exams.
Read Current Affairs in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Learn Current Affairs – Free Course – Click Here to Download the APP
We are Hiring – Subject Matter Expert | CA Video Creator | Content Developers(Pondicherry)
Prime Minister Narendra Modi launches National Logistics Policy From New Delhi
i.On September 17, 2022, the Prime Minister (PM) of India, Narendra Modi launched the National Logistics Policy (NLP) at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi (Delhi) that will act as single point of reference for all logistics and trade facilitation matters.
ii.The NLP, in conjunction with the PM-Gati Shakti Programme, Sagarmala and Bharatmala (waterways and roadways) schemes, the Dedicated Freight Corridors, etc., can be transformational.
iii.Currently, Indian logistics market is over $200 billion. It has over 20 government agencies, 40 Partner Government Agencies, 37 export promotion councils, 500 certifications, more than 10,000 commodities and a $160-billion market.
iv.A new digital platform, Ease of logistics Services or E-Log has also been launched through which industry associations can take up any issues regarding operations and performance with the government.
About Ministry of Commerce and Industry (MoCI):
Union Minister– Piyush Goyal (Rajya Sabha Maharashtra)
Ministers of State– Anupriya Patel (Mirzapur, Uttar Pradesh); Som Parkash (Hoshiarpur, Punjab)
>> Read Full News
World’s First Intercontinental Carnivore Translocation: Wild Cheetahs Reintroduced in India Under Project CheetahPrime Minister Narendra Modi has reintroduced wild Cheetahs (Acinonyx jubatus) in Kuno National Park, Madhya Pradesh, as part of “Project Cheetah”, the world’s first inter-continental large wild carnivore translocation project.
- Of the eight Cheetahs that were introduced in India, five are females and three are males.
Since Cheetahs were proclaimed extinct in Indian forests in 1952, these Cheetahs have been brought from Namibia (Africa) and are being introduced into India. The very last cheetah was killed in India in 1947.
i.In July 2022, India and the Republic of Namibia inked a historic Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on Wildlife Conservation and Sustainable Biodiversity Utilization.
ii.The International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) Red List of Threatened Species classifies the Cheetah as ‘Vulnerable’ species.
Prime Minister – Dr. Saara Kuugongelwa-Amadhila
Capital – Windhoek
>> Read Full News
Indian Railways to launch Vande Bharat 2 upgraded version of Train 18
The Indian Railways will launch an upgraded version of Vande Bharat trains (Train 18) ‘Vande Bharat 2’ from 30th September 2022, to give the best facilities to passengers.
- ‘Vande Bharat 2’ will have better speed (0 to 100 Kmpl speed in just 52 seconds and a maximum speed of 180 Kmph), reduced weight (lesser weight from 392 tons) and will be powered by Wi-Fi on-demand and 32-inch LCD TVs, and reclining chairs will now be installed in all classes.
- With 15% more energy efficiency, the ACs will have dust-free clean air cooling with a traction motor to make the travel more comfortable.
- It will also be equipped with a catalytic ultraviolet (UV) air purification system. The system is a newly designed Roof Mounted Package Unit (RMPU) for air purification.
- RMPU system was recommended by the Central Scientific Instruments Organisation (CSIO), Chandigarh, Haryana and Punjab.
- In general, Vande Bharat Express contain a self-propelled engine that can save diesel and reduce electricity usage by 30%.
Kazakhstan renames capital to Astana, Extends Presidential Term to 7 years
The President of Kazakhstan, Kassym-Jomart Tokayev, signed constitutional amendments that extended the nation’s presidential term to 7 years from 5 years, and brought back the old name of the country’s capital to Astana from the current Nur-Sultan.
- These changes are among political and economic reforms announced by the President after violent protests in January 2022, killing more than 200 people.
i.The amendment bar any president from running for a second term in office.
ii.It should be noted that Astana became the capital of Kazakhstan in 1997. Then in 2019, its capital was named ‘Nur-Sultan’ in honour of outgoing President Nursultan Nazarbayev, who ruled the nation for 3 decades.
Visit of PM Narendra Modi to Uzbekistan for the SCO Summit 2022Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi visited Samarkand, Uzbekistan, on September 15-16, 2022, to attend the 22nd Meeting of the Council of Heads of State of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) 2022.
- The summit was chaired by the President of Uzbekistan, H.E. Mr. Shavkat Mirziyoyev.
The Samarkand Declaration 2022 was signed by the SCO Heads of State, which contained a decision on the Comprehensive Action Plan for 2023-2027.
- It is designed to carry out the provisions of the treaty on long-term good neighbourliness, friendship, and cooperation among SCO member nations.
At the 22nd Meeting of the SCO Council of Heads of State in Samarkand, Uzbekistan, the city of Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh, India, was nominated as the first-ever SCO Tourism and Cultural Capital for the years 2022–2023.
During the 22nd Meeting of the SCO Council of Heads of State 2022 in Samarkand, Uzbekistan, India took over the rotating presidency of the SCO from Uzbekistan.India will hold the presidency of the group for a year, till September 2023.
- The next meeting of the SCO Council of Heads of State in 2023 will be held in India.
About the Republic of Uzbekistan:
Prime Minister (PM) – Abdulla Aripov
Capital – Tashkent
>> Read Full News
UNEP & Reef-World Foundation launched ‘Green Fins Hub’ to Encourage Sustainable Marine TourismThe United Nations Environmental Programme (UNEP), along with Reef-World Foundation, the United Kingdom (UK) based charity, launched a global digital platform, ‘Green Fins Hub’. It will provide a major boost to sustainable marine tourism.
- Green Fins Hub is the first ever global marine tourism industry platform.
- It is expected to scale up to reach a potential 30,000 operators worldwide from about 700 operators across 14 countries.
- Green Fins Hub offers enhanced and global membership for participating dive and snorkel operators to conserve the marine environment.
About ‘Green Fins Hub’:
i.It is a global digital platform which will help diving and snorkelling operators worldwide to make simple, cost efficient changes to their daily practices by utilizing tried and tested solutions.
ii.It will also provide assistance to operators to keep track of their annual improvements and communicate with their communities and customers.
It will have two types of Green Fins membership:
- Digital membership will be available to dive, snorkel and liveaboard operations globally.
- Green Fins Certified Members will continue to be assessed annually and trained in person at their operation (0-330 point system, with a low score implying low impact of a business on coral reefs).
Additional features of ‘Green Fins Hub’:
Green Fins Community Forum for operators around the world to raise industry needs, discuss environmental issues and share lessons.
i.Green Fins Solutions Library: it will give access to over 100 proven environmental solutions to common daily operational challenges.
ii.Action Plan Tracker: Members will receive an annual sustainability action plan with set goals. An advanced user interface now allows them to track their progress over time.
World’s first public database on fossil fuels ‘Global Registry of Fossil Fuels’ launched
Carbon Tracker and Global Energy Monitor launched the “Global Registry of Fossil Fuels”, the world’s first registry of fossil fuel reserves, production and emissions. This is the first ever fully transparent and public database that tracks fossil fuel production worldwide that tracks its impact on the carbon budget.
- It includes data from over 50,000 oil, gas and coal fields in 89 countries, covering 75% of global reserves, production and emissions, and is available for public use.
- The database also provides information about the availability of coal stock globally.
BANKING & FINANCE
Singapore Central Bank, India’s IFSCA signed CA to Pursue Cross-Border FinTech InnovationsA FinTech Co-operation Agreement (CA) was inked between the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) and the International Financial Services Centres Authority (IFSCA) to facilitate regulatory collaboration and partnership in FinTech technology.
- Under this agreement, both entities will utilize their respective Regulatory Sandboxes (RS) to support experimentation of technology innovations.
- This will include referral of companies to each other’s RS and enable cross-border experiments in both jurisdictions.
- This CA is on the sidelines of the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on Supervisory Co-operation signed between MAS and IFSCA in July 2022.
i.This pact allows sharing of non-supervisory related information and developments on innovation in financial products and services.
The agreement was signed by the Chief FinTech Officer of MAS, Sopnendu Mohanty, and Chief Technology Officer of IFSCA, Joseph Joshy, in the presence of Deputy Prime Minister (PM) and Minister for Finance, and Deputy Chairman of MAS, Lawrence Wong; Finance Minister of Gujarat, Kanubhai Desai; Chairperson of IFSCA, Injeti Srinivas; Chairman of GIFT Company Ltd., Sudhir Mankad, and Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of GIFT Company Ltd., Tapan Ray.
Points to be noted
MAS is Singapore’s central bank and integrated financial regulator.
IFSCA is a unified authority for the development and regulation of financial products, financial services and financial institutions in the International Financial Services Centres (IFSC) in India. It is housed in Gujarat International Finance Tec-City (GIFT City) in Gandhinagar (Gujarat).
- GIFT-IFSC is the maiden IFSC in India (IFSC).
SBI Partners with Remitly for Secure and Easy Remittance to IndiaState Bank of India (SBI) partnered with Remitly to enable Non Resident Indians (NRIs) to send money through SBI via Remitly to their family members, using mobile and web applications.
- Through the partnerships, NRIs can now transfer money to 17 Remitly nations.
i.Remitly receives the remittances from the sender and credits it to the beneficiary accounts in India through Direct Credit, NEFT/IMPS/RTGS etc.
- Real Time Gross Settlement (RTGS)
- National Electronic Funds Transfer (NEFT)
- Immediate Payment Service (IMPS)
ii.The remittances initiated through Remitly may not necessarily be routed through SBI and it may depend on Remitly internal policy.
iii.Remitly provides superior exchange rates, immediate credits, and no remittance charge depending on the form and amount of transfers.
Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) – Matt Oppenheimer
Headquarters – Seattle, Washington D C, United States (US)
SBI WeCare FD scheme for senior citizens extended till March 31, 2023
The State Bank of India (SBI)’s ‘WECARE’ Senior Citizens’ Fixed Deposit (FD) scheme has extended upto 31st March 2023.
- In 2022, SBI launched the special FD scheme “SBI WECARE” to secure senior citizens’ income by paying additional interest on term deposits.
- The scheme is offered for new deposits as well as the renewal of maturing accounts.
- A special “SBI Wecare” Deposit for Senior Citizens introduced in the Retail Term Deposit(TD) segment wherein an additional premium of 30 bps will be paid to Senior Citizen’s on their retail TD for ‘5 Years and above’ tenor only.
- Period of Deposit– Minimum- 5 years. Maximum- 10 years.
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
Forbes’ Real-Time billionaire rankings: Gautam Adani briefly named the 2nd Richest Person In World
On 16th September 2022, Gautam Adani, an Indian billionaire became the 2nd Richest person in World on Forbes real-time billionaire list by surpassing Bernard Arnault, LVMH (Louis Vuitton) chairman and CEO.
Gautam Adani became the 1st Asian to enter the top 3 on the list. Gautam Adani and his family’s net worth surged to USD 155.5 billion. According to Forbes Real-Time Billionaires List, Gautam Adani’s net worth rose by USD 5.2 billion, a hike of 3.49%.
- The fortune of Bernard Arnault is USD 300 million, which is behind Gautam Adani’s USD 155.2 billion.
- Gautam Adani also overtook Amazon Chairman and founder Jeff Bezos, whose net worth dropped USD 2.3 billion(1.49%) to USD 149.7 billion.
- Another Indian in the top 10 richest people in World on the Forbes list Mukesh Ambani ranked 8th with a fortune of USD 93.4 billion.
- Tesla founder, Elon Musk remains the richest person with a net worth of USD 273.5 billion.
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNATIONS
Senegal President Macky Sall reinstates the post of PM; Amadou Ba appointed as Senegal’s PM
On 17th September 2022, Macky Sall President of Senegal reinstated the post of Prime Minister(PM), appointing former Economy Minister Amadou Ba(61 years old) as the PM of Senegal.
The post of Prime Minister was abolished in April 2019.
i.In May 2019, Senegalese parliamentarians approved a constitutional reform and abolished the post of Prime Minister. President Macky Sall signed the decree that officially abolished the post of PM.
- Mahammed Boun Abdallah Dionne was the PM of Senegal in 2019.
ii.In 2021, Senegal’s Lawmakers voted to reintroduce the role of Prime Minister, which was abolished in 2019.
i.The President appointed a new government that included 38 ministers.
ii.Key ministers from the previous government including defence, interior, foreign affairs and finance, were maintained.
iii.Oulimata Sarr, regional director of UN Women was appointed as the Minister of economy and planning.
About Amadou Ba:
i.Amadou Ba was born on 17 May 1961 in Dakar, Senegal. He is a Senegalese politician.
ii.He served as the Foreign Minister of Senegal from 2019–2020 and Minister of Finance and Economy from 2013–2019.
Currency- West African CFA franc
ACQUISITIONS & MERGERS
Canadian Pension fund OTPP to buy 30% of Mahindra Susten for Rs 2,371 croreOn 17th September 2022, the Canadian-based Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan (OTPP) Board signed binding agreements with the Mahindra Group to receive a 30% stake in Mahindra Group’s renewable energy firm Mahindra Susten Private Limited (Mahindra Susten). The value of the stake is Rs 2,371 crore (USD 300 million).
i. The partnership between Mahindra Group and OTPP is to capitalize on the growing renewables opportunity in India and contribute toward the country’s decarbonization ambitions.
ii.The deal also initiates the setting up of an Infrastructure Investment Trust (InvIT) in compliance with applicable regulations of the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI).
iii. Initially, InvIT proposed to comprise renewable power assets seeded by Mahindra Susten with an operational capacity of around 1.54 GWp. The shareholder loans of Rs 575 crore advanced by Mahindra Group to Mahindra Susten will be repaid.
iv. As a result, Mahindra Group will receive an inflow of approximately Rs 1,300 crore. Both Mahindra Group and OTPP will jointly explore the sale of an additional 9.99% stake in Mahindra Susten by May 31, 2023.
v. Over the next 7 years, Mahindra Group will deploy the funds and increase the amount by up to Rs 1,750 crore into the business and InvIT. At the same time, OTPP has committed to deploy an additional amount of up to Rs 3,550 crore into the business and the InvIT.
vi. The proposed transaction will enable Mahindra Susten to build a strong renewable energy business focused on solar energy, hybrid energy, integrated energy storage and round-the-clock (RTC) green energy plants.
World Wrestling Championships 2022: India’s Bajrang Punia & Vinesh Phogat Won Bronze Medals
17th edition of the World Wrestling Championships or World Wrestling Championships 2022 was held in Belgrade, Serbia from September 10 to 18, 2022. The United States of America(USA) lead the table with 15 medals followed by Japan (2nd place) and Turkey (3rd place). India is ranked 24th with 2 medals.
Bajrang Punia Wins bronze at 2022 World Wrestling Championships
India’s Bajrang Punia (Haryana) has won the men’s 65 kg Freestyle bronze medal by defeating Sebastian Rivera of Puerto Rico in the World Wrestling Championships 2022.
- This is his 4th championship medal in the World Wrestling championship edition. Previously he has won a silver in 2018, a bronze in 2013 and 2019.
- He is the only wrestler from India to have 4 medals in the World Wrestling Championships.
About Bajrang Punia:
i.The 28-year-old Bajrang Punia had won 2 Gold medals in 2018 Commonwealth Games and 2014 Asian Games and a bronze medal in 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
ii.He is the first Indian wrestler to be ranked world No. 1 in any category.
Vinesh Phogat Wins her 2nd World Wrestling Championships Medal
Vinesh Phogat (Haryana), a gold medalist at the Commonwealth Games 2022, defeated Swedish champion Emma Malmgren to win the women’s 53 kg Freestyle bronze medal.
- This is her 2nd bronze medal at the Wrestling World Championships.
About Vinesh Phogat:
i.Vinesh Phogat became the 1st Indian woman wrestler to win gold in both Commonwealth and Asian Games.
ii.She has won 3 Commonwealth Games golds in 2014, 2018 and 2022, 1 Asian Games gold medal in 2018 and World Championships bronze in 2019 in addition to Asian championship in 2021.
iii.Awards –The Government of India (GoI) has honoured Vinesh Phogat with the Arjuna Award in 2016 and the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award in 2020.
- Phogat became the first Indian athlete to be nominated for Laureus World Sports Awards in 2019
Durand Cup 2022: Bengaluru FC Beats Mumbai City FC and won the 1st ever Durand Cup
Bengaluru Football Club(BFC) and its captain Sunil Chhetri won their 1st ever Durand Cup by defeating Mumbai City FC (MCFC) in the Durand Cup 2022 held in Salt Lake Stadium or Vivekananda Yuba Bharati Krirangan stadium in Kolkata, West Bengal.
- Durand Cup 2022 is the 131st edition of the Durand Cup, which is the first edition played after recognition from the Asian Football Confederation.
- Durand Cup is Asia’s oldest and World’s third oldest football tournament.
- 2022 Durand Cup was sponsored by Indian Oil Corporation (IOC).
i.The tournament took place across 3 states – West Bengal, Manipur and Assam from August 16, 2022 to September 18, 2022.
ii.A total of 20 teams were part of this edition of the competition (11 Indian Super League (ISL) teams, five I-League teams and four teams from the Indian Armed Forces.
- For the first time in history, all 11 teams from the ISL took part in the Durand Cup 2022.
i.Sivasakthi Narayanan and Brazilian Alan Costa scored for Bengaluru FC and Lalengmawia Ralte got the lone goal for Mumbai City.
ii.It was Bengaluru’s maiden title in the Durand Cup.
About Durand Cup:
i.The Durand Football Tournament, commonly known as Durand Cup, is an annual football competition, founded by Sir Henry Mortimer Durand, former Foreign Secretary of British India
ii.The winning team is presented with 3 trophies –Durand Cup (the original tournament trophy), Shimla Trophy (donated by the residents of Shimla) and President’s Cup (rewarded from the post-independence era).
iii.It is hosted by the Durand Football Tournament Society (DFTS) and All India Football Federation (AIFF).
Note – The 1st edition was held in 1888 in Shimla and won by Royal Scots Fusiliers.
Former Union Minister & Congress leader Manikrao Gavit passed awayFormer Union Minister and Congress leader Manikrao Hodlya Gavit passed away at the age of 87 years in Nashik, Maharashtra.
About Manikrao Hodlya Gavit:
i.He was born on 29 October 1934 in Nandurbar District, Bombay Presidency, British India (present-day Maharashtra). He was a politician from Nandurbar district of Maharashtra.
ii.As a member of the Indian National Congress (INC), he represented the tribal-dominated Nandurbar constituency (Maharashtra) from 1980 to 2009, winning the Indian general elections consecutive nine times, marking a record.
iii.He served as a member of the 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th, 14th and 15th Lok Sabha.
iv.He has served as the Union Minister of State(MoS) for Home Affairs(2004) and MoS for Social Justice and Empowerment(2013).
iv.He was appointed a pro-tem speaker of the 15th Lok Sabha by President (former) Pratibha Patil in 2009.
BOOKS & AUTHORS
Actor Manoj Bajpayee released Jiwesh Nandan’s book “Muskurate Chand Lamhe Aur Kuchh Khamoshiyan”
On 16th September 2022, renowned actor Manoj Bajapaye released the book titled ‘Muskurate Chand Lamhe Aur Kuchh Khamoshiyan’, a bouquet of poems written by Jiwesh Nandan at India International Centre, New Delhi, Delhi.
The publisher of this book is Shobit Arya, the founder and publisher of Wisdom Tree, an Indian publishing organisation
- Jiwesh Nandan is a retired IAS officer of UP cadre (1987 batch). He also penned a book named ‘Maha Kumbh: A Spiritual Journey’.
- The book contains Hindi poems and some sher-o-shayari (Urdu). The mood of poems includes all shades of life and it is presented as an anthology crossing a range of feelings, meant to touch every aspect of life.
- The book was released in the presence of Information and Broadcasting Secretary Apurva Chandra at a function in New Delhi. According to him, the book contains philosophy, humour, and romance.
World Bamboo Day 2022 – September 18World Bamboo Day (WBD) is annually observed across the globe on 18th September to create awareness about Bamboo, which is considered to be Green Gold.
- The 1st ever Bamboo day was celebrated on 18th September 2009.
Note – 18th September is also celebrated as the Royal Thai Forestry Day
Bamboos in India:
i.The Indian Forest Act 1927, declared bamboo as a tree which prohibited it from cutting and transporting.
ii.In 2017, after the amendment of section 2(7) of the Indian Forest Act 1927 , parliament declared that bamboo is not a tree and does not require permission for felling and transporting.
Note – The total Bamboo bearing area in India is estimated to be 15.69 million hectares.
About World Bamboo Organisation (WBO):
Executive director & CEO – Susanne Lucas
Establishment – 2005
Headquarters – Antwerp, Belgium
>> Read Full News
International Equal Pay Day 2022- September 18United Nations (UN)’s International Equal Pay Day is annually celebrated across the globe on 18 September to represent the efforts towards the achievement of equal pay for work of equal value and to eliminate the sexual discrimination against women and girls in employment, as per the UN’s commitment to human rights and against all forms of discrimination.
- Across all regions, women are paid less than men, with the gender pay gap estimated at around 20% globally.
- 18th September 2022 marks the 3rd observance of International Equal Pay Day.
i.The United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) adopted a resolution A/RES/74/142 on 18 December 2019 and proclaimed the 18th September of every year as the International Equal Pay Day.
- The first-ever International Equal Pay Day was observed on 18th September 2020.
World Water Monitoring Day 2022: September 18 World Water Monitoring Day (WWMD) is annually observed across the globe on the 18th of September to increase public awareness of water monitoring and recognizes the importance of protecting the world’s water resources.
i. World Water Monitoring Day was proclaimed by America’s Clean Water Foundation (ACWF) as a global educational outreach program in 2003.
ii. The Water Environment Federation (WEF) and the International Water Association (IWA) coordinate the events of WWMD.
>> Read Full News
September 17: Hyderabad Liberation DayOn 17th September 2022 Union Home Minister Amit Shah started off Hyderabad Liberation Day (or National Integration Day) celebrations from the Parade ground in Telangana’s Secunderabad to commemorate 75 years of liberation of Hyderabad.
- Maharashtra Chief Minister (CM) Eknath Shinde and Union Minister G Kishan Reddy also participated in the event.
i.At the time of the Partition of India, in 1947, India was divided into British India and Princely states. The states were acceded to either Pakistan or India. Hyderabad was one of the large princely state.
- Hyderabad with 16 districts including 8 Telangana districts, 5 Marathwada districts and 3 districts of Karnataka were exempt.
ii.Indian Home Minister Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel decided to annex Hyderabad, and that led to ‘Operation Polo’ (Police action against Hyderabad).
- Nizam of Hyderabad Mir Osman Ali Khan, the 7th in the line of the Asaf Jahi dynasty, had surrendered Hyderabad during the Operation and the state was integrated into the territory of India on 17th September 1948, which is now celebrated as Hyderabad Liberation Day.
Note – 17th September is also celebrated as Marathwada Liberation Day by Maharashtra and Hyderabad-Karnataka Liberation Day by Karnataka.
Manipur CM Biren Singh launches ‘CM Da Haisi’ Portal to address Public Grievances
On 19th September 2022, the Chief Minister (CM) of Manipur, N Biren Singh launched the ‘CM Da Haisi’ (Let’s inform the CM) web portal in Imphal, Manipur, where the public can raise their grievances on the web portal.
- The portal enables people to quickly rectify their grievances and provides a platform to raise corruption-related issues. The web portal will further enable the government to bring transparency and accountability to governance.
- Of the given 3 numbers, 2 numbers are for anti-corruption cell number and the remaining is for public grievances.
- The Public Grievance Redressal and Anti-Corruption Cell have received a total of 134 complaints since March 2022. 85% of the complaints have been resolved and communicated to the complainants.
- List of Current Governors in India – AUGUST 2022
- List of Current Chief Ministers in India – AUGUST 2022
*****Click Here View – AC Excluded News*****
Current Affairs Today (AffairsCloud Today)
|S.no||Current Affairs 20 September 2022|
|1||Prime Minister Narendra Modi launches National Logistics Policy From New Delhi|
|2||World’s First Intercontinental Carnivore Translocation: Wild Cheetahs Reintroduced in India Under Project Cheetah|
|3||Indian Railways to launch Vande Bharat 2 upgraded version of Train 18|
|4||Kazakhstan renames capital to Astana, Extends Presidential Term to 7 years|
|5||Visit of PM Narendra Modi to Uzbekistan for the SCO Summit 2022|
|6||UNEP & Reef-World Foundation launched ‘Green Fins Hub’ to Encourage Sustainable Marine Tourism|
|7||World’s first public database on fossil fuels ‘Global Registry of Fossil Fuels’ launched|
|8||Singapore Central Bank, India’s IFSCA signed CA to Pursue Cross-Border FinTech Innovations|
|9||SBI Partners with Remitly for Secure and Easy Remittance to India|
|10||SBI WeCare FD scheme for senior citizens extended till March 31, 2023|
|11||Gautam Adani briefly named the 2nd Richest Person In World|
|12||Senegal President Macky Sall reinstates the post of PM; Amadou Ba appointed as Senegal’s PM|
|13||Canadian Pension fund OTPP to buy 30% of Mahindra arm for Rs 2,371 crore|
|14||World Wrestling Championships 2022: India’s Bajrang Punia & Vinesh Phogat Wins Bronze|
|15||Durand Cup 2022: Bengaluru FC Beats Mumbai City FC and won the 1st ever Durand Cup|
|16||Former Union Minister & Congress leader Manikrao Gavit passed away|
|17||Actor Manoj Bajpayee released Jiwesh Nandan’s book “Muskurate Chand Lamhe Aur Kuchh Khamoshiyan”|
|18||World Bamboo Day 2022 – September 18|
|19||International Equal Pay Day 2022- September 18|
|20||World Water Monitoring Day 2022: September 18|
|21||September 17: Hyderabad Liberation Day|
|22||Manipur CM Biren Singh launches ‘CM Da Haisi’ Portal to address Public Grievances|