We are here for you to provide the important Recent and Latest Current Affairs 17 September 2022, which have unique updates of Latest Current Affairs 2022 events from all newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economic Times, PIB, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express, Business Standard and all Government official websites.
Our Current Affairs September 2022 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2022 PDF which will be a pedestrian to crack your exams.
Read Current Affairs in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Learn Current Affairs – Free Course – Click Here to Download the APP
We are Hiring – Subject Matter Expert | CA Video Creator | Content Developers(Pondicherry)
Union Minister Dr. Jitendra Singh Unveils DST Dashboard
Dr. Jitendra Singh, Minister of State (Independent Charge), Ministry of Science and Technology (MoS&T), has launched the Dashboard of the Department of Science and Technology (DST), MoS&T, for nationwide monitoring and feedback to facilitate successful execution of DST-funded projects, schemes, scholarships, and fellowships. Click Here to Access The DST Dashboard
- It aims to exchange the best technological strategies between the Centre and the States.
Dashboard of Department of Science & Technology (DST)
i.The DST’s Dashboard is an institutional mechanism for guiding the development, utilization, augmentation, and monitoring of the statistics and data analysis capabilities of the Department.
- In January 2019, the DST established a similar framework Data Management Cell—with the same objectives.
ii.The Dashboard will give access to details of schemes and programmes for any group in every State on a real time basis, and any required remedial actions can be taken immediately.
iii.It includes impact analysis of the schemes and scholarships for Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST)/ Other Backward Class (OBC) and General Castes by age and gender in order to recommend any required corrective measures to States.
iv.The DST has granted over Rs 20,000 crore to 2,768 agencies in 35 States/Union Territories (UTs) over the past five years, and the Dashboard contains every data of this disbursement.
v.The Data & Strategy Units (DSUs) create distinct dashboards for different target groups, and these dashboards have assisted DST in making evidence-based decisions.
vi.Ministries/Departments were urged to establish a DSU as a central entity to increase their overall data readiness levels and, in particular, to achieve Data Governance Quality Index (DGQI) 5.0 scores by December 2022.
Bihar CM Inaugurates India’s Longest Rubber Dam on Falgu river – Gayaji Dam
On 15th September 2022, Bihar Chief Minister (CM) Nitish Kumar inaugurated India’s longest rubber dam ‘Gayaji Dam’ on the Falgu (or Phalgu) river, near Vishnupad temple in Gaya, Bihar.
- A steel foot over bridge for the visitors who visit during Pitripaksha Mela was also inaugurated.
About the dam:
i.The newly constructed rubber dam is 411 metres long, 95.5 metres wide and 3 metres high with 17 mm thick rubber and the water could be stored for about 2 and a half kilometres (km).
- The dam has a bulletproof structure with rubber sheets laid at the bottom that does not allow it to deteriorate for almost 100 years.
ii.The Dam was constructed by Rubina Company of Austria in collaboration with Nagarjuna Construction Company of Hyderabad and on the advice of experts from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Roorkee (Uttarakhand) at an estimated cost of Rs. 324 crore.
iii.Background – The foundation stone for the dam was laid in September 2020 by CM Nitish Kumar.
About Falgu (or Phalgu) River
i.Falgu River originates in the Palamu district of Jharkhand and passes through the holy city of Gaya in Bihar.
ii.This river is about 135 km that originates near Gaya at the confluence of Lilajan River (Jharkhand & Bihar) and Mohana River (Jharkhand & Bihar) and in the end joins Punpun River, Bihar.
SOVA Android Trojan: New mobile banking malware prowling in Indian cyberspace
A new type of mobile banking malware campaign called SOVA Android Trojan(SOVA – owl in Russian) has now reached India.This malware encrypts an Android phone for ransom and is hard to uninstall.It has the ability to harvest user names and passwords via keylogging, stealing cookies and adding false overlays to a range of famous apps.
- SOVA is essentially a banking malware but is capable of distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) and man-in-the-middle (MITM) attacks.
- CERT-In (the Indian Computer Emergency Response Team) has issued an advisory for SOVA malware to be active in India.
- The new Trojan virus was focused on the United States (US), Russia, and Spain. From July 2022 to the list of targets, it added several other countries which includes India.
- This virus’ 1st version appeared for sale in underground markets in September 2021. After it was first detected in Indian cyberspace in July, it was found that the virus has been upgraded to its 5th version.
Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh & EAM S Jaishankar Visit Japan for 2nd India-Japan 2+2 Ministerial Meeting 2022
Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh and External Affairs Minister (EAM), Dr. S. Jaishankar made an official visit to Japan for the 2nd India-Japan 2+2 Foreign Ministerial Meeting 2022 and Defence Ministerial Meeting 2022 held in Tokyo, Japan, from September 7–10, 2022.
- Both Ministers met with their Japanese counterparts, Mr. HAMADA Yasukazu, Minister of Defense of Japan, and Mr. HAYASHI Yoshimasa, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Japan.
India and Japan celebrate 70 years of diplomatic relations in 2022, and both countries are committed to a special strategic and global alliance.
EAM Jaishankar emphasized the joint responsibility of India & Japan in preserving a free, open, and prosperous Indo-Pacific region during the 2nd India-Japan 2+2 Foreign Ministerial Meeting and Defence Ministerial Meeting in 2022.
Prime Minister – Fumio Kishida
Capital – Tokyo
Currency – Japanese Yen (JPY)
>> Read Full News
INS Tarkash participated in Joint Maritime Exercise with Nigerian Navy
On September 12-13, 2022, an Indian Naval Ship (INS) Tarkash took part in a Joint Maritime Exercise with Nigerian Navy Patrol Ships (NNS) which is currently mission deployed in the Gulf of Guinea (GoG) for anti-piracy operations, and to celebrate ‘Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav’. INS Tarkash arrived at Port Lagos, Nigeria on September 8, 2022.
- During the exercise, Nigeria was represented by its NNS Kano, Osun, Sokoto and Nguru.
- The exercise marked India and Nigeria’s first joint operational deployment focusing on anti-piracy operations in the GOG.
i.This exercise strengthened the interoperability between the Indian Navy (IN) and Nigerian Navy (NN) in various maritime operations like anti-piracy, assistance to vessels in distress, SAR (Search and Rescue) drills, and anti-air and anti-surface operations.
ii.It also enhanced skills for naval interdiction and counter-piracy operations.
iii.It should be noted that INS Tarkash is on a long-range voyage, covering three oceans, over 24000 nautical miles in 133 days with the mission to strengthen friendship.
- On July 29, 2022, she completed her Mediterranean deployment and entered the Atlantic.
- On July 29-30 July, INS Tarkash conducted an exercise with the French Navy in which saw the participation of French Fleet Tanker FNS Somme. Both vessels carried out replenishment at sea, followed by cooperative air operations with a French Falcon 50 maritime surveillance aircraft, several mock missile engagements and air defence drills.
- On July 26, INS Tarkash participated in a Maritime Partnership Exercise in the Atlantic with Royal Morocco Naval Ship Hassan 2, a Floreal Class Corvette.
- On August 16, 2022, the INS Tarkash was in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil to take part in Brazilian bicentennial celebrations.
About INS Tarkash:
INS Tarkash (F50) is the second Talwar-class frigate constructed for IN at the Yantar shipyard in Kaliningrad, Russia. She is part of the second batch of Talwar-class frigates (F45, F50, F51) ordered by IN. These are modified Krivak III-class frigates built by Russia. These ships use stealth technologies and a special hull design to ensure a reduced radar cross-section.
- She was commissioned to IN in 2012 and joined the Western Naval Command.
- Manned by 300 crew, the 125-metre-long, 3 700-tonne carries a wide range of anti-ship, ant-air and anti-submarine weaponry, including the supersonic BrahMos missile, 100 mm naval gun, optically controlled 30 mm Close-In Weapon System, torpedoes and rockets.
- She embarks a Chetak naval helicopter.
MoCI Minister Piyush visited San Francisco and Los Angeles to attend the first IPEF Ministerial MeetingUnion Minister Piyush Goyal, Ministry of Commerce & Industry (MoCI) was on 6-day visit to San Francisco and Los Angeles of the United States (US) from September 5-10, 2022 to attend the first in-person Indo-Pacific Economic Framework (IPEF) ministerial meeting in Los Angeles.
- During the meeting, Indian side agreed to make decisions on different aspects of the frameworks of IPEF based on national interest.
The IPEF was launched jointly by the US and other partner countries of the Indo-Pacific region on May 23 at Tokyo, Japan. The 14 members of the IPEF are Australia, Brunei, Fiji, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam and the US.
- It envisages strengthening economic partnership among participating countries with the objective of enhancing resilience, sustainability, inclusiveness, economic growth, fairness and competitiveness in the region.
Meeting with other Ministers:
Union Minister Piyush Goyal held bilateral meetings with his counterparts to discuss ways to boost trade and investment ties. It includes the following:
i.The Indian minister met Australian Trade Minister Don Farrell in Los Angeles.
ii.He held a meeting with US Commerce Secretary Gina Raimondo where discussions were held to further deepening of India-US trade and investment ties.
iii.The Minister met US Trade Representative Ambassador Katherine Tai where India recommits to its efforts for a free, open & inclusive Indo-Pacific.
iv.He also met the Japanese Minister for Economy, Trade and Industry, Yasutoshi Nishimura where discussions were to expand trade, job growth & areas of mutual interest to give further impetus to India-Japan economic cooperation.
v.He met Vietnam’s minister of Industry & Trade Nguyen Hong Dien and discussed greater cooperation across areas of mutual interest.
Piyush Goyal launches US Startup SETU
He also launched an upskilling initiative SETU- Supporting Entrepreneurs in Transformation and Upskilling programme in San Francisco to connect startups in India to US-based investors.
- SETU will provide mentorship and assistance in various areas, including funding, market access and commercialization.
- The interaction between the stakeholders will be supported through the mentorship portal under the Startup India initiative MAARG (Mentorship, Advisory, Assistance, Resilience, and Growth) programme, which is a single-stop solution finder for startups in India.
Point to be noted:
The US surpassed China to become India’s top trading partner in 2021-22. According to data from MoCI, trade between the US and India stood at $119.42 billion in 2021-22 as against $80.51 billion in 2020-21.
India stands 4th in 3rd Global Crypto Adoption Index 2022; Vietnam top for 2nd Consecutive Time
As per the Chainalysis, ‘The 2022 Global Crypto Adoption Index: Emerging Markets Lead in Grassroots Adoption, China Remains Active Despite Ban, and Crypto Fundamentals Appear Healthy’, Vietnam is ranked first in cryptocurrency adoption for the second consecutive year with an overall index ranking of 1.
- India stood at 4th with an index score of 0.663.
- Vietnam is followed by Philippines with an overall index ranking 2, and overall index score of 0.753, and Ukraine at 3rd with overall index score of 0.694.
- It was the 3rd edition of the index.
The report ranks 154 countries on the basis of the following five sub-indexes:
- On-chain cryptocurrency value received at centralized exchanges, weighted by purchasing power parity (PPP) per capita
- On-chain retail value received at centralized exchanges, weighted by PPP per capita
- Peer-to-peer (P2P) exchange trade volume, weighted by PPP per capita and number of internet users
- On-chain cryptocurrency value received from DeFi protocols, weighted by PPP per capita
- On-chain retail value received from DeFi protocols, weighted by PPP per capita
i.Notably, Emerging markets dominate the index out of top 20 ranked countries:
- Ten are lower middle income: Vietnam, Philippines, Ukraine, India, Pakistan, Nigeria, Morocco, Nepal, Kenya, and Indonesia
- Eight are upper middle income: Brazil, Thailand, Russia, China, Turkey, Argentina, Colombia, and Ecuador
- Two are high income: United States and United Kingdom
ii.Vietnam shows extremely high purchasing power and population-adjusted adoption across centralized, DeFi, and P2P cryptocurrency tools.
iii.In India, much of the adoption was done by NFT (Non-fungible tokens) marketplaces, such as the Tiger Global, and Sequoia-backed company FanCraze, which launched in early 2022 to sell cricket-based NFTs.
iv.Users in lower-middle and upper-middle-income countries often rely on cryptocurrency to send remittances, and preserve their savings in times of fiat currency volatility.
Click Here for Official Index
BANKING & FINANCE
Reliance General Insurance Partners with Paytm to Offer Customisable Health Cover
Reliance General Insurance Company Limited has partnered with Paytm to offer Reliance Health Gain Policy, a customisable health insurance product, through the Paytm application.
- Reliance Health Gain Policy was launched in May 2022.
- The policy aims to enhance insurance penetration among the people of India.
About the policy:
Reliance Health Gain Policy offers 3 plans including Plus, Power and Prime that allow customers to customise and personalise the policy.
- This policy benefits with around 38 features like double cover, Unlimited reinstatement to restore the base sum insured, when it reduces, guaranteed cumulative bonus after insurance claim and also contains features to reduce the waiting period for Pre-Existing Disease from 3 years to 2 years (or even 1 year).
About the plans:
i.Plus plan – A maximum of 2 adults, (including, self and spouse) and 6 children can be covered.
ii.Power plan – A maximum of 4 adults (including, self, spouse and one set of dependent parents or parents-in-law) and 6 children can be covered.
iii.Prime plan – A Maximum of 6 adults (including, self, spouse, set of dependent parents and set of parents in law) along with 6 children can be covered.
Note – Dependent children can be covered from 91 days to 25 years under a floater cover.
RBI allows BBPS to process Cross-Border Inbound RemittancesOn September 15, 2022, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), decided to allow foreign inward remittances received under the Rupee Drawing Arrangement (RDA), to be transferred to the KYC (Know Your Customer) compliant bank account of the biller (beneficiary) through Bharat Bill Payment System (BBPS), subject to the conditions.
- Thus, it has allowed BBPS to process Cross-Border Inbound Remittances.
- The direction has been issued by RBI under Section 10(4) and Section 11(1) of the Foreign Exchange Management Act (FEMA), 1999.
i.Currently, foreign inward remittances received under RDA can be transferred to the KYC compliant beneficiary bank accounts through electronic mode, such as, NEFT (National Electronic Funds Transfer), IMPS (Immediate Payment Service), etc.
ii.RDA is a channel to receive cross-border remittances from overseas jurisdictions. Under this, the Authorised Category I banks can collaborate with the non-resident Exchange Houses in the FATF (Financial Action Task Force) compliant countries to open and maintain their Vostro Account.
- It is an account a correspondent bank holds on behalf of another bank.
iii.BBPS is a RBI mandated system which offers integrated and interoperable bill payment services with certainty, reliability and safety of transactions
Verite Research Think-Tank: India Emerges as Sri Lanka’s Top Lender in 2022
According to the Verite Research, a Colombo-based independent interdisciplinary think-tank, India has become Sri Lanka’s biggest lender in 2022, providing a loan of USD 377 million as it faced political crisis and economic unrest.
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) is the largest multilateral lender to Sri Lanka providing USD 360 million in loans that accounts for 76 percent of total disbursements from January 2022 to April 2022.
i.Out of a total disbursement of loans to Sri Lanka amounting to USD 968 million from January 2022 to April 2022, India has contributed USD 377 million, which made India to become the largest bilateral lender of Sri Lanka.
- According to the Indian High Commission, India has provided roughly USD 4 billion in overall credit support to Sri Lanka in 2022.
- India also provided a dedicated credit line for fuel imports amounting to USD 700 million in June 2022.
ii.China was the largest bilateral lender to Sri Lanka between 2017 and 2021, providing USD 947 million, out of which USD 809 million were borrowings from the China Development Bank.
iii.Recently, Sri Lanka and the International Monetary Fund (IMF) reached an agreement on a USD 2.9 billion loan facility, which is subject to a debt restructuring agreement between Sri Lanka and its creditors.
ECONOMY & BUSINESS
Ind-Ra Lowers India’s GDP Growth Forecast for FY23 from 7% To 6.9%; India’s CAD Estimated to Be 3.4% Of GDP in Q1FY23India Ratings & Research (Ind-Ra), a wholly owned subsidiary of Fitch Group, lowered India’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth forecast for fiscal year 2022-23 (FY23) by 10 basis points to 6.9% from 7.0% previously.
i.Despite stronger-than-expected growth in Private Final Consumption Expenditure (PFCE) and Gross Fixed Capital Formation (GFCF) in the April-June quarter (Q1 FY23), Ind-Ra anticipates GFCE to slowdown and net exports (exports-imports) to decrease in FY23.
According to Ind-Ra, the Current Account Deficit (CAD) increased from USD 13.4 billion (1.5% of GDP) in the January-March quarter (Q4 FY22) to USD 28.4 billion (3.4% of GDP) in the April-June quarter (Q1 FY23).
Current Account Deficit (CAD)
A CAD is the difference between the amount of money coming in from exports and the amount leaving the country through imports. A CAD shows that a nation is importing more than it is exporting.
>> Read Full News
IBA: Renewable Energy India Expo to bring Rs 800 crore investment opportunity for biogas
The Indian Biogas Association (IBA) is set to organise the Renewable Energy India(REI) Expo 2022, the 15th edition of REI Expo, from 28th to 30th September 2022 at India Expo Centre, Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh. The expo is expected to bring in investment opportunities worth Rs 800 crore for the biogas sector.
- The Bio-Energy Pavilion 2022 is supported by the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) , NITI Aayog(National Institution for Transforming India), Punjab and Maharashtra Energy Development Agency (PEDA and MEDA).
- IBA is an industry association comprising operators, manufacturers, and planners of biogas plants.
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
Federal Bank Becomes only Indian Bank among Best Workplaces in Asia 2022 by Great Place to Work
The Federal Bank Ltd was ranked 63rd on the Best Workplaces in Asia 2022 and became the only bank in India to be listed by Great Place to Work, the global authority on building, sustaining and recognizing High-Trust, High-Performance Culture at workplaces.
- The list was based on over 1 million survey responses across Asia and West Asia, representing the experience of over 4.7 million employees in the region.
- According to Great Place to Work India data, 88% of employees at the best workplaces in Asia on average reported having a positive employee experience. For the average global workforce, only 55% of workers report a similarly positive experience.
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNATIONS
Ugandan Youth Climate Activist Vanessa Nakate appointed as Goodwill Ambassador of UNICEF
On 15th September 2022, UNICEF appointed Vanessa Nakate, a 25-year-old climate activist from Uganda as the Goodwill Ambassador of the UN Children’s Fund (UNICEF).
About Vanessa Nakate:
i.Vanessa Nakate was born in Kampala, Uganda (East Africa) in 1996.
ii.She began her activism in January 2019 with the inspiration of Sweden’s Greta Thunberg and has been named Ugandan Climate Activist.
iii. She was a prominent member of the Fridays For Future movement. She founded the Rise Up Movement, a platform to raise the voices of African climate activists, and a project to install solar panels in rural Ugandan schools.
iv.In 2020, she attended the 2020 World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, with Thunberg and others.
v.Globally half the world’s 2.2 billion children live in one of the 33 countries, classified by UNICEF’s Children’s Climate Risk Index as “extremely high-risk” of the impacts of climate change.
vi.According to UNICEF, the top 10 countries are all in Africa.
Note: Rise Up Movement- A movement to eradicate poverty, gender-based violence, human trafficking and child abuse.
IndusInd Bank re-appoints Sumant Kathpalia as MD & CEO for 3 yearsIndusInd Bank re-appointed Sumant Kathpalia as its managing director (MD) and chief executive officer (CEO) for a further period of three years, with effect from March 24, 2023, up to March 23, 2026.
i.The appointment was approved by the Board of Directors of IndusInd Bank at its meeting held on September 15, 2022.
ii.The re-appointment is subject to the approval of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and the Shareholders of the Bank.
About Sumant Kathpalia:
i.Sumant Kathpalia is a Qualified Chartered Accountant and a graduate from Hindu College of Delhi University (DU).
- In March 2020 he became the MD and CEO IndusInd Bank (First tenure).
ii.He has experience in several multinational banks such as Citibank, Bank of America etc prior to joining IndusInd Bank.
iii.He also led the Core Executive Team of the Indusind Bank which has successfully affected the Bank’s business turnaround.
ACQUISITIONS & MERGERS
CCI approves ADIA’s investment of Rs 665 crore in AB Health Insurance under ‘Green Channel’ route
The Competition Commission of India (CCI) approved the investment of Rs 665 crore in primary capital insurance by the Abu Dhabi Investment Authority (ADIA) in Aditya Birla Health Insurance (ABHI) in exchange for a 9.99 % equity.
The proposal has been approved by the competition under the ‘green channel’ route. The investment proposal was made in August 2022.
i.Aditya Birla Capital (AB Capital) stock was trading 3.1% higher at Rs 121.5 on the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE).
ii.AB Capital will hold a 45.91% stake and Momentum Metropolitan Holdings Limited will have a 44.10% stake in the company after ADIAs investment.
iii. In 2016, ABHI formed a joint venture of 51:49 between AB Capital and South Africa-based Momentum Metropolitan Holdings Strategic Investments (Pty) Ltd, an owned subsidiary of South African-based Momentum Metropolitan Holdings Limited (MMH).
iv.ADIA will be the third partner in the insurance company.
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
Dr Jitendra Singh launches “Swachhata” Portal for the Special Campaign 2.0
Union Minister of State (MoS) (Independent Charge) Personnel, Public Grievances, Pensions, Dr Jitendra Singh launched the exclusive “Swachhata” Portal for the Special Campaign 2.0, which is scheduled to begin on October 2, 2022, to 31st October 2022. It is dedicated to Swachhata and reducing the pendency of work in Government offices.
- The portal was developed by the Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DARPG) under the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions(MoPP&P).
- The Special Campaign 2.0 will focus more on field/outstation offices in addition to the Ministries/ Departments and their attached/subordinate offices and the DARPG will oversee the implementation of the Special campaign 2.0.
- He also released 3 reports of DARPG-the Special Campaign July Progress Report, the Centralised Public Grievance Redress and Monitoring System (CPGRAMS) 7. 0 Brochure and the CPGRAMS Monthly Progress Report for August 2022.
Bengaluru’s Pranav Anand becomes India’s 76th Chess Grandmaster
15-year-old, Pranav Anand from Bengaluru, Karnataka became India’s 76th Chess GrandMaster (GM) after winning against International Master (IM) Emin Ohanyan of Armenia in Round 10 of the World Youth Under-16 Open.He received the title after he crossed the 2,500 Elo points in the World Youth Chess Championship in Mamaia, Romania.
Note – In August 2022, Pranav Venkatesh became India’s 75th Grandmaster.
i.In order to qualify for the GM title, a player must secure 3 GM norms covering 27 games and cross the live rating of 2,500 Elo points.
ii.Pranav Anand needs to cross the live rating of 2,500 which he did in the penultimate round of the World Youth Under-16 Open 2022.
iii. In July, he scored the 3rd and final GM norm at the 55th Biel Chess Festival in Switzerland.
vi.He has drawn his game against Spain’s No.5 GM Eduardo Iturrizaga Bonelli (2619) in the penultimate round.
Note: The Elo rating system measures the relative strength of a player in some games, such as chess, compared to other players.
About GrandMaster (GM):
i.GrandMaster is the highest title apart from World Champion awarded to Chess players International Chess Federation FIDE.
ii.India’s 1st Chess GrandMaster was won by Viswanathan Anand at the age of 14 in 1988.
International Day for the Preservation of the Ozone Layer 2022- September 16
The United Nations (UN)’s International Day for the Preservation of the Ozone Layer is annually observed across the globe on September 16 to bring attention to the ozone layer and the dangers of ozone depletion.
The day aims to raise awareness about the importance of preserving the ozone layer. This day is also known as ”World Ozone Day’‘ or ‘’Global Ozone Day’’.
- 16 September 2022 marks the observance of the 28th International Day for the Preservation of the Ozone Layer.
The theme of International Day for the Preservation of the Ozone Layer 2022 is “Montreal Protocol@35: global cooperation protecting life on earth”.
- Note: 16 September 2022 marks the 35th anniversary of the Montreal Protocol.
i.On 19 December 1994, the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) adopted a resolution A/RES/49/114 and proclaimed September 16 as International Day to Preserve the Ozone Layer.
ii.The first International Day for the Preservation of the Ozone Layer was observed on 16th September 1995.
>> Read Full News
Odisha to get 5G service in first phase of launch: Union Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw
Union Minister for Communication, and Electronics and Information Technology, Ashwini Vaishnaw announced that Odisha will get 5G (5th Generation) telecom service in the first phase of its launch. In the 1st phase, 13 selected cities across India will get 5G Services.
- 5G services is expected to be 10 times faster than 4G and 30 times faster than that of 3G.
- The amount of radiation it will give forth is 10 times less than the radiation norms set by the World Health Organisation (WHO).
- He also stated that a 5G lab was developed at the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras (Chennai) Tamil Nadu.
- List of Current Governors in India – AUGUST 2022
- List of Current Chief Ministers in India – AUGUST 2022
*****Click Here View – AC Excluded News*****
Current Affairs Today (AffairsCloud Today)
|S.no||Current Affairs 17 September 2022|
|1||Union Minister Dr. Jitendra Singh Unveils DST Dashboard|
|2||Bihar CM Inaugurates India’s Longest Rubber Dam on Falgu river – Gayaji Dam|
|3||SOVA Android Trojan: New mobile banking malware prowling in Indian cyberspace|
|4||Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh & EAM S Jaishankar Visit Japan for 2nd India-Japan 2+2 Ministerial Meeting 2022|
|5||INS Tarkash participated in Joint Maritime Exercise with Nigerian Navy|
|6||MoCI Minister Piyush visited San Francisco and Los Angeles to attend the first IPEF Ministerial Meeting|
|7||India stands 4th in 3rd Global Crypto Adoption Index 2022; Vietnam top for 2nd Consecutive Time|
|8||Reliance General Insurance Partners with Paytm to Offer Customisable Health Cover|
|9||RBI allows BBPS to process Cross-Border Inbound Remittances|
|10||Verite Research Think-Tank: India Emerges as Sri Lanka’s Top Lender in 2022|
|11||Ind-Ra Lowers India’s GDP Growth Forecast for FY23 from 7% To 6.9%; India’s CAD Estimated to Be 3.4% Of GDP in Q1FY23|
|12||IBA: Renewable Energy India Expo to bring Rs 800 crore investment opportunity for biogas|
|13||Federal Bank Becomes only Indian Bank among Best Workplaces in Asia 2022 by Great Place to Work|
|14||Ugandan Youth Climate Activist Vanessa Nakate appointed as Goodwill Ambassador of UNICEF|
|15||IndusInd Bank re-appoints Sumant Kathpalia as MD & CEO for 3 years|
|16||CCI approves ADIA’s investment of Rs 665 crore in AB Health Insurance under ‘Green Channel’ route|
|17||Dr Jitendra Singh launches “Swachhata” Portal for the Special Campaign 2.0|
|18||Bengaluru’s Pranav Anand becomes India’s 76th Chess Grandmaster|
|19||International Day for the Preservation of the Ozone Layer 2022- September 16|
|20||Odisha to get 5G service in first phase of launch: Union Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw|