We are here for you to provide the important Recent and Latest Current Affairs 15 November 2022, which have unique updates of Latest Current Affairs 2022 events from all newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economic Times, PIB, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express, Business Standard and all Government official websites.
Our Current Affairs November 2022 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2022 PDF which will be a pedestrian to crack your exams.
Read Current Affairs in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Learn Current Affairs – Free Course – Click Here to Download the APP
We are Hiring – Subject Matter Expert | CA Video Creator | Content Developers(Pondicherry)
Tamil Nadu Notifies Cauvery South Wildlife Sanctuary as its 17th Wildlife SanctuaryThe Tamil Nadu (TN) government has declared around 686.406 sq. km of reserve forests in Anchetty, Urigam and Jawalagiri ranges of the Hosur Forest Division that comprises forest stretches of Krishnagiri and Dharmapuri districts as the Cauvery South Wildlife Sanctuary. This is the 17th Wildlife Sanctuary in Tamil Nadu.
- It has been notified under the Section 26A(1) (b) of the Wild Life (Protection) Act, 1972.
- The declaration was an outcome of a draft notification proposal by the Principal Chief Conservator of Forests and the Chief Wildlife Warden.
i.This 686.406 sq. km area is a part of a protected landscape that is along the forests which currently constitute the Cauvery North Wildlife Sanctuary, shared between Karnataka and Tamil Nadu.
ii.The declared landscape provides uniform legal status, protection that would stretch to over 50 km and also a continuity to the Nilgiri Biosphere Reserve through the Malai Mahadeshwara Wildlife Sanctuary, Billigiri Rangaswamy Temple Tiger Reserve of Karnataka and the Sathyamangalam Tiger Reserve and Erode Forest Division of Tamil Nadu.
i.According to TN’s notification, the Cauvery South Wildlife Sanctuary will be an important elephant habitat comprising two elephant corridors including the Nandimangalam-Ulibanda Corridor and the Kovaipallam-Anebiddahalla Corridor.
ii.The sanctuary is also a tiger conservation and its biodiversity supports over 35 species of mammals and 238 species of birds, including IUCN red-list species that are in need of conservation.
Telangana: PM Modi Lays Foundation Stone of Multiple Developmental Projects Worth Over Rs. 9,500 CrorePrime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone and dedicated to the country numerous projects worth over Rs 9,500 crore in Ramagundam, Telangana. The projects consist of:
- Ramagundam Fertilizer Plant
- The Bhadrachalam Road-Sattupalli rail line, which was built for about Rs. 1000 crores
Additionally, he laid the foundation for other road projects worth more than Rs. 2200 crore, including:
- The Medak-Siddipet-Elkathurthy section of NH-765DG
- Bodhan-Basar-Bhainsa section of NH-161BB
- Sironcha to Mahadevpur Section of NH-353C
i.The Ramagundam Plant would provide farmers in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Chhattisgarh, and Maharashtra with an adequate and timely supply of urea fertilizer.
ii.The “Bharat Urea” from RFCL will help the economy by lowering imports while also providing incentive to local farmers through fertilizer supply and extension services.
Chief Minister (CM) – K. Chandrashekar Rao
National Parks – KBR National Park; Mahavir Harina Vanasthali National Park; Mrugavani National Park
>> Read Full News
Jaipur International Airport Limited Receives Aerodrome Licence from DGCAJaipur International Airport Limited (JIAL), special purpose vehicle (SPV) of Adani Enterprises Limited has received the Aerodrome licence from the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) following which the airport has begun its expansion drive.
- The Aerodrome licence is given to an airport operator for ensuring complete management of the airport in accordance with the concession agreement.
i.This licence was earlier held by the Airport Authority of India (AAI) and from October 2021, private player, which is operating the Jaipur airport has become the new licence holder.
ii.In a recent survey, the Jaipur airport revealed that present passenger traffic of 50 lakh per annum will reach 1 crore by 2025.
- Presently, the airport management is planning to reopen Terminal- 1 which has been non-operational for the last 10 years.
Terminal – 1:
i.Terminal- 1 will be developed on the lines of presently operational Terminal-2 with a massive Information Technology (IT) related infrastructure, food and beverage services, and retail outlets, measures for zero carbon emission and environment sustainability, and security arrangements.
- The unscheduled flights including chartered flights and air ambulance along with some international airlines will be operated from Terminal-1 after it is operationalised.
ii.According to the environment guidelines, the Jaipur airport is developing a mini-forest near Dudu town, around 4,400 trees will be planted and maintained for 5 years.
Terminal – 2:
i.At Terminal-2, the airport management has installed new e- boarding gates, an electronic helpdesk, 50 retail and branded outlets for customers, automated parking and transport mechanisms where private cab operators like WTI, Ola and Uber will be available for operation.
ii.In addition, saplings are planted, old vehicles are replaced with electric vehicles (e-vehicles) along with charging stations for the public and also new radars and runway visibility systems have been enhanced with the latest technology.
About Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA):
Director General – Arun Kumar
Headquarters – New Delhi, Delhi
Govt amends Aadhaar rules; Supporting Documents may be updated ‘At Least Once’ in 10 years
The government has changed Aadhaar laws to state that supporting documentation must be updated “at least once” by Aadhaar holders after 10 years from the enrolment date.
- The update would assure the ‘continuous correctness’ of Aadhaar-related data in the Central Identities Data Repository (CIDR).
- Aadhaar number holders may update their supporting papers in Aadhaar at least once every 10 years from their enrollment date of enrolment for Aadhaar by submitting proof of identity and residence documents.
- The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has developed a new feature of ‘update document’ on the myAadhaar portal and mobile app to facilitate updating of documents.
- As the adult citizen Aadhaar enrolment rate approaches 100%, the function of the more than 35000 Aadhaar enrolment centres is turning more toward updating user details rather than new enrolments.
DigiLocker users can now digitally store health records & link them with ABHA
DigiLocker, the authentic documents exchange platform under the Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MoEIT) has successfully completed its 2nd level of integration with Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission (ABDM).
- DigiLocker’s secure cloud-based storage platform can now be used as a health locker to store and retrieve health documents such as vaccination records, doctor prescriptions, lab tests, hospital discharge summaries, etc.
- DigiLocker had previously completed level 1 integration with ABDM, in which the platform added an ABHA creation facility for its 13 crore users.
- The latest integration will now enable users to utilize DigiLocker as a Personal Health Records (PHR) app.
Note: ABHA holders can also link their health records from different ABDM-registered health facilities like hospitals and labs and access them via DigiLocker.
VP Of India Jagdeep Dhankhar Made His First Foreign Visit; Visited Cambodia from November 11 to 13, 2022The Vice President (VP) of India, Jagdeep Dhankhar, visited Cambodia for 3 days from November 11 to 13, 2022, on his first-ever foreign visit.
- During his visit, he attended the 19th Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) India Commemorative Summit and the 17th East Asia Summit.
Significance of India – Cambodia Relations
i.The year 2022 marks the 70th anniversary of diplomatic ties between India and Cambodia.
ii.The year 2022 has also been designated as the ASEAN-India Friendship Year, as ASEAN and India celebrate 30 years of partnership.
Vice President leads delegation at the 19th ASEAN-India Summit in Cambodia
On a 3-day visit to Cambodia, India’s VP, Jagdeep Dhankhar, led the Indian delegation, which included the External Affairs Minister (EAM), Dr. S. Jaishankar, to the 19th ASEAN-India Summit in Phnom Penh, Cambodia’s capital.
- The summit was chaired by VP of India Jagdeep Dhankhar.
VP Jagdeep Dhankhar Participates In 17th East Asia Summit in Cambodia
The VP of India, Jagdeep Dhankhar, attended the 17th East Asia Summit in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. The East Asia Summit (EAS) brought together 10 ASEAN member countries and 8 dialogue partners.
About the Kingdom of Cambodia:
Prime Minister – Hun Sen
Capital – Phnom Penh
>> Read Full News
BANKING & FINANCE
IBA’s EASE Reforms Index for Q1FY23: SBI tops the Overall RankingAccording to the Indian Banks’ Association (IBA)’s report titled “EASE Reforms Index for the first quarter of FY23″(released on 10th November 2022), the State Bank of India(SBI) was adjudged as the Best Bank in adopting reforms prescribed for Public Sector Banks(PSB).
- SBI is followed by Union Bank of India (UBI) in 2nd position and Bank of Baroda (BoB) in 3rd.
- SBI has topped the EASE Reforms Index and ranking of 12 PSBs on an Overall Basis in June 2022.
- EASE stands for ‘Enhanced Access & Service Excellence’.
i.Overall improvement amongst PSBs has been limited with a decrease of ~2% in the Index of the Q1FY23 with the average EASE index score changing from 38.6to 37.7out of 100 on relative basis.
About Indian Banks’ Association (IBA):
Chief Executive– Sunil Mehta
Headquarters– Mumbai. Maharashtra
>> Read Full News
ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Launches Long-term Savings Product – ICICI Pru Sukh SamruddhiICICI Prudential Life Insurance Company Limited (ICICI Prudential Life) has launched a new participating savings product, ‘ICICI Pru Sukh Samruddhi,’ which provides customers with guaranteed benefits and growth potential in the form of bonuses.
- This also provides a life cover for the entire duration of the policy, including the income period, providing financial security to the family.
About ICICI Pru Sukh Samruddhi:
i.The ICICI Pru Sukh Samruddhi will provide a higher maturity benefit to women customers in order to encourage them to begin their savings and attain financial independence.
ii.The scheme introduced a ‘Savings Wallet’ feature, that allows customers to accumulate and increase their income, which can be withdrawn in part or in full at any time during their policy term.
- The scheme also includes a ‘Save the Date’ feature that will enable customers to start receiving income on any date of their choice.
iii.ICICI Pru Sukh Samruddhi is available in 2 variants including income and lump sum.
- The Income variant will provide customers with a guaranteed regular income for the specified time-period selected at the time of purchase and will also receive a lump sum maturity benefit.
- This would also support creating a supplementary source of tax-free guaranteed income to meet financial goals, including child’s education, annual vacations, or any other interim income requirement.
- The Lump sum variant will allow customers to build a corpus during the long term policy and utilise this lump sum maturity amount to achieve their financial goals such as purchasing a house, financing children’s higher education, or legacy planning.
About ICICI Prudential Life Insurance (ICICI Prudential Life):
Managing Director (MD) & Chief Executive Officer (CEO) – N. S. Kannan
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
Establishment – 2001
NPCI enables Electricity Bill Payments on 123PAY for Feature Phone Users
On 11th November 2022, the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) announced that electricity bill payments service for more than 70 electricity boards is now enabled on 123PAY.
- This facility, powered by the Bharat Bill Payment System (BBPS), will allow users to make an easy and rapid electrical bill payment service through 123PAY to make payments from their bank accounts promptly.
- 123PAY was developed to allow feature phone users to conduct digital transactions based on 4 technology options.
- The 4 technologies are calling an IVR (Interactive Voice Response) number, app functionality in feature phones, missed call-based approach, and proximity sound-based as well as payment.
Note: NPCI designed the 123PAY UPI service for feature phones, which was launched earlier in 2022 by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
Indian-born Nobel Laureate Venkatraman Ramakrishnan awarded UK’s Royal Order Of MeritIndian-born Nobel laureate Professor Venkatraman Ramakrishnan has been awarded the United Kingdom’s (UK) Royal Order of Merit by Britain’s King Charles III in recognition of his distinguished service to science.
- Venkatraman Ramakrishnan, a UK-based molecular biologist, is one of 6 appointments made to the historic order by Queen Elizabeth II before her demise in September 2022.
- These are the 1st appointments made since King Charles III became Sovereign of the Order.
About the Order of Merit:
i. The Order of Merit was founded by King Edward VII in 1902.
ii. It is a special honour conferred by the Sovereign for individuals of great distinction in military services, science, arts, literature, or cultural promotion.
i. On 11th November 2022, King Charles III made 6 new appointments to the Order of Merit.
ii. The other new appointments are:
- Sir David Adjaye,
- Professor Dame Elizabeth Anionwu,
- Baroness Floella Benjamin,
- Professor Margaret MacMillan,
- Sir Paul Nurse, CH.
About Venkatraman Ramakrishnan:
i. Venkatraman Ramakrishnan was born in 1952 in Chidambaram, Tamil Nadu. He is an Indian-born American and British structural biologist (He holds dual British and American nationality).
ii. He began his career at Yale University as a postdoctoral researcher with Peter Moore, where he researched ribosomes.
iii. In 1999, he and his colleagues released a 5.5 angstrom resolution structure of the 30s subunit of the ribosome.
- By 2000, he submitted a complete structure of 30s subunit of the ribosome, which created a sensation in structural biology.
iv. He has earned a fellowship from Trinity College, Cambridge and the Royal Society and is also an honorary member of the U.S. National Academy of Sciences.
His Awards and Recognitions:
i. In the New Year Honours List 2012, he was knighted for services to molecular biology.
ii. In 2010, Venkatraman Ramakrishnan was awarded Padma Vibhushan for Science and Engineering (UK)
iii. In 2009, Venkataraman Ramakrishnan and 2 other scientists were awarded the Nobel Prize for their great achievement in the field of ribosomes.
iv. In 2008, he was presented with the Heatley Medal of the British Biochemistry Society.
v. In 2007, he was awarded the Louis-Jeantet Prize for his contribution to Medicine.
The Print & Saurabh Shukla receives an IPI-India Award for Excellence in Journalism
The Print, a news portal, and Saurabh Shukla, Correspondent at NDTV, have been awarded the International Press Institute (IPI) India Award for Excellence in Journalism, 2022.
- The award comprises a cash prize of Rs 1 lakh, a trophy and a citation, for each team.
i. The Print was honoured for a series of investigations that revealed how hospitals, municipal governments, and governments in several states neglected the support system for the fight against COVID.
ii. Saurabh Shukla of NDTV was recognised for his work in exposing ‘hate speech’ by religious men in Haridwar.
iii. The selection was made by a distinguished jury of editors headed by Justice Madan Bhimarao Lokur, former judge of the Supreme Court of India.
iv. The award has been conferred to 17 media organisations and journalists in print and electronic media.
About IPI India Award for Excellence in Journalism:
i. IPI India established the annual award in 2003.
ii. The award recognises and honour the outstanding work done in the advancement of the public interest by an Indian media organisation or journalist working in print, radio, television, or internet journalism, including defending the freedom of the press and other human rights.
iii. The 1st Award for Excellence in Journalism, 2003 was given to The Indian Express for its reporting of the Gujarat riots and their aftermath.
About the International Press Institute (IPI):
Chair– Khadija Patel
Headquarters– Vienna, Austria
Founded in October 1950
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNATIONS
Natasa Pirc Musar elected as Slovenia’s first female President
On 13th November 2022, Lawyer Natasa Pirc Musar won the second round of Slovenia’s presidential election and is set to become the first female President of Slovenia.
- Pirc Musar won 54% of the votes, while her rival, right-wing politician and former Foreign Minister Anže Logar, won 46%.
- According to Slovenia’s election commission, the total turnout was 49.9%.
- Pirc Musar will succeed President Borut Pahor, a centrist politician who has served as the President for two terms.
Note: Both candidates had run as independents but they were backed by the centre-left and rightwing political blocs.
About Natasa Pirc Musar:
i.Ms. Natasa Pirc Musar is a Slovenian Attorney general and an independent lawyer with the backing of Slovenia’s centre-left government, who was also hired to protect the interests of Slovenia born United States (US’s) former first lady Melania Trump.
ii.She was also a book author, former Information commissioner, journalist, and the former President of Slovenia’s Red Cross.
iii.On 23rd June 2022 she was the first female to announce her candidacy for the President of Slovenia in the 2022 Presidential Elections.
Currency – EURO
Capital – Ljubljana
Olympian Yogeshwar Dutt Becomes the Brand Ambassador of Religare EnterprisesPadma Shri awardee and an olympics, Asian Games and Commonwealth Games medallist Yogeshwar Dutt, has been selected as the brand ambassador of Religare Enterprises Limited (REL), a financial services company.
About Yogeshwar Dutt:
i.Yogeshwar Dutt who was born on 2nd November 1982 in Haryana, is an Indian freestyle wrestler and one of the only 5 male wrestlers in India to win an Olympic medal.
ii.He had won the bronze medal in the 2012 Summer Olympics, in the 60 Kg category and had also won gold medals at the 2010 and the 2014 Commonwealth Games.
iii.Government of India (GoI) conferred Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award in 2012 to Yogeshwar Dutt and also awarded the Padma Shri in 2013.
Note – As per GroupM India, the sports sponsorship bounced back by 62% in 2021 to touch Rs. 9,500 crore.
Janhvi Kapoor Becomes the Brand Ambassador of Nykaa Fashion
Online beauty and fashion retailer Nykaa Fashion has named Bollywood actress Janhvi Kapoor as its brand ambassador for its website and two apps including Nykaa Beauty and Nykaa Fashion, that caters to the needs of customers.
About Nykaa Fashions:
i.Nykaa Fashion is the multi-brand e-commerce fashion offering from Nykaa brand along with other 1600+ brands and 5.1 million stock keeping units across Women, Men, Kids, Luxe, and Home categories.
ii.The website and app focuses towards being ‘discovery-led’ and ‘high on style’ by giving its customers various choices to browse through the latest trends and collections available.
iii.As of 2022, Nykaa Fashion is one of the fastest-growing fashion platforms in India.
8th ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2022 held in Australia; England won by defeating Pakistan England Men’s cricket team led by Jos Buttler crowned as the champions of the 8th International Cricket Council (ICC) Men’s T20 (Twenty20) International World Cup 2022 by defeating Pakistan men’s cricket team led by Babar Azam.
- With this win, England won its second ICC Men’s T20 (Twenty20) International World Cup title.
- Australia hosted the tournament from October 16, 2022 – November 13, 2022. The host cities were Adelaide, Brisbane, Geelong, Hobart, Melbourne, Perth and Sydney.
- The finals was held at the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG), Melbourne. The total prize money of the tournament was USD 5,600,000.
i.Sam Curran of England was named the Player of the Match (Finals) and also the Player of the tournament.
ii.India’s Virat Kohli became the first player to end two ICC T20 World Cup as the leading run-scorer in the tournament. He ended 2022 edition with 296 runs in six matches at an average of 98.66.
iii.Indian batter Suryakumar Yadav became the first Indian player to score 1,000 T20 International runs in a calendar year of T20I.
About the International Cricket Council (ICC):
Chair – Greg Barclay
Chief Executive– Geoff Allardice
Headquarters– Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE)
>> Read Full News
ASBC Asian Elite Boxing Championships Amman 2022 – India finishes with 12 medals
India has bagged 12 medals (4 gold, 2 silver and 6 bronze) at the Asian Boxing Confederation (ASBC) Asian Elite Men And Women Boxing Championships 2022 held in Amman, Jordan from 1st to 12th November 2022.
- This marks the 3rd time where the men and women fought in the same championship.
- India’s Lovlina Borgohain, Parveen Hooda, Saweety and Alfiya Pathan has won the gold medal and Minakshi and Shiva Thapa won the silver medal at the ASBC Asian Elite Boxing Championships 2022.
i.The Medal tally is topped by Kazakhstan with 21 medals(6 gold, 7 silver and 8 bronze) followed by Uzbekistan with 13 medals(6 gold, 3 silver and 4 bronze) in 2nd rank and India with 12 medals in 3rd rank.
ii.Out of the total 12 medals of India, women boxers contributed 7 medals(4 gold, 1 silver and 2 bronze). With this India topped the medal tally in women’s section followed by Kazakhstan.
Indian Medal winners:
i.Tokyo Olympics bronze medallist Lovlina Borgohain (75kg) won the gold medal along with Alfiya Pathan (+81kg), Saweety Boora (81kg) and Parveen Hooda (63kg). Minakshi (52kg) claimed silver while Ankushita Boro (66kg) and Preeti Dahiya (57kg) bagged bronze medals each.
ii.Star Indian boxer Shiva Thapa won the silver medal in the men’s 63.5kg category. This marks his 3rd silver and 6th medal overall at the Asian championship.
- Previously he won the silver medals in the 2017 and 2021 championships and he also won the title in the 2013 edition and secured bronze medals in 2015 and 2019.
iii.Narender (+92kg), Sumit (75kg), Mohammad Hussamuddin (57kg) and Govind Kumar Sahani (48kg) won bronze medals in the men’s category.
Indian Medal Winners(Gold & Silver):
|Parveen Hooda||Gold||(women’s 63kg)|
|Lovlina Borgohain||Gold||(women’s 75kg)|
|Saweety Boora||Gold||(women’s 81kg)|
|Alfiya Pathan||Gold||(women’s +81kg)|
|Shiva Thapa||Silver||(men’s 63.5kg)|
About Asian Boxing Confederation (ASBC):
ASBC is a not-for-profit organization that governs the sport of boxing in all its forms in Asia.
President– Pichai Chunhavajira
Headquarters– Lausanne, Switzerland
Mercedes’ George Russell won Brazilian Grand Prix 2022
Mercedes driver George Russell (United Kingdom) won his the first race in Formula One by 1 1/2 seconds at the Brazilian Grand Prix 2022 officially named as ‘Sao Paulo Grand Prix 2022’.
- The tournament was held at Autodromo Jose Carlos Pace which is a Car racing track in São Paulo, Brazil from November 10 – 13, 2022.
- George Russell is followed by Mercedes’ Lewis Hamilton (UK), and Ferrari’s Carlos Sainz at 3rd.
- Max Verstappen of Red Bull racing is the winner of Formula 1 World Championship 2022 season.
Tennis: Switzerland wins Billie Jean King Cup for first time
The Switzerland women’s tennis team won the Billie Jean King Cup for the first time by defeating Australia 2-0 at the 2022 Billie Jean King Cup held in Glasgow, Scotland.
- 2022 Billie Jean King Cup, the 59th edition of the international women’s tennis team’s tournament, was held from 8th to 13th November 2022 in Emirates Arena, Glasgow, Scotland.
Switzerland’s Jil Teichmann defeated Australia’s Storm Sanders in the opening singles and reigning Olympic champion Belinda Bencic of Switzerland also defeated Ajla Tomljanović of Australia in the final singles to win the 2022 championship.
About Billie Jean King Cup Championship:
i.The Billie Jean King Cup (BJK Cup) was launched in 1963 as the “Federation Cup” to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the International Tennis Federation (ITF).
ii.In1995, Federation cup adopted a new format and changed its name as” Fed Cup”
iii.In 2020 the competition was rebranded as “Billie Jean King Cup”, named after Former World No.1 Billie Jean King to recognise her achievements.
iv.At present, this is the world’s largest annual international team competition in women’s sports with 116 nations entering in 2020.
- Australia is the 3rd on the all-time champions list, having won the title 7 times in 1964, 1965, 1968, 1970, 1971, 1973 and 1974.
- The United States of America(USA) is the most successful national team in the Billie Jean King Cup competition. They have won the Billie Jean King Cup Title 18 times.
World Kindness Day 2022 – November 13World Kindness Day (WKD) is annually observed across the globe on November 13 to promote kindness and inspire people to engage in at least one act of kindness that aspires to unify the world as one.
- 13th November 2022 marks the observance of 25th World Kindness Day.
World Kindness Day 2022 focuses on the “#OneVoiceForKindness” Campaign.
- The aim of World Kindness Day is to encourage kindness with simple acts of kindness.
i. The idea of World Kindness Day dates back to 1997, when the World Kindness Movement, a coalition of Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) focused on kindness, hosted the first conference in Tokyo, Japan to unite like-minded organizations from across the world.
ii. World Kindness Movement launched World Kindness Day as an annual observance in 1998.
- The 1st World Kindness Day was observed on 13th November 1998.
Note: 2022 marks the 25th anniversary of the World Kindness Movement (WKM).
>> Read Full News
World Diabetes Day 2022 – November 14The United Nations (UN)’s World Diabetes Day (WDD) is annually observed across the globe on 14th November to create awareness about Diabetes, a global public health issue, and its impact on the health of people.
The day also aims to highlight the opportunities to strengthen the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of diabetes.
World Diabetes Day Campaign:
World Diabetes Day is the world’s largest diabetes awareness campaign.
Theme: Every year, WDD campaign focuses on a dedicated theme that runs for one or more years.
- The theme for World Diabetes Day 2021-23 is “Access to Diabetes Care”.
- “Education to protect tomorrow” is the theme of the 2nd year of the World Diabetes Day 2021-23 campaign.
According to the World Health Organisation(WHO), the theme of WDD 2022 is “Access to Diabetes Education” which underpins the multi-year theme of ‘Access to Diabetes Care’.
About International Diabetes Federation(IDF):
President– Prof Andrew Boulton
Headquarters– Brussels, Belgium
Founded in 1950
>> Read Full News
Children’s Day 2022 – November 14Children’s Day is annually observed across India on November 14 to commemorate the birth anniversary of India’s 1st Prime Minister Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru, fondly known as ‘Chacha Nehru’.
- 2022 marks the 133rd birth anniversary of Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru.
i. Following the death of Jawaharlal Nehru on 27th May 1964, the Indian parliament unanimously passed a resolution declaring 14th November of every year, the birth anniversary of Jawaharlal Nehru as the official date of Children’s Day.
ii. Prior to this, India celebrated Children’s day on 20th November, the day World Children’s day is celebrated by the United Nations.
- In 1954, the UN declared the 20th of November of every year as “Universal Children’s Day”.
*****Click Here View – AC Excluded News*****
Current Affairs Today (AffairsCloud Today)
|S.no||Current Affairs 15 November 2022|
|1||Tamil Nadu Notifies Cauvery South Wildlife Sanctuary as its 17th Wildlife Sanctuary|
|2||Telangana: PM Modi Lays Foundation Stone of Multiple Developmental Projects Worth Over Rs. 9,500 Crore|
|3||Jaipur International Airport Limited Receives Aerodrome Licence from DGCA|
|4||Govt amends Aadhaar rules; Supporting Documents may be updated ‘At Least Once’ in 10 years|
|5||DigiLocker users can now digitally store health records & link them with ABHA|
|6||VP Of India Jagdeep Dhankhar Made His First Foreign Visit; Visited Cambodia from November 11 to 13, 2022|
|7||IBA’s EASE Reforms Index for Q1FY23: SBI tops the Overall Ranking|
|8||ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Launches Long-term Savings Product – ICICI Pru Sukh Samruddhi|
|9||NPCI enables Electricity Bill Payments on 123PAY for Feature Phone Users|
|10||Indian-born Nobel Laureate Venkatraman Ramakrishnan awarded UK’s Royal Order Of Merit|
|11||The Print & Saurabh Shukla receives an IPI-India Award for Excellence in Journalism|
|12||Natasa Pirc Musar Becomes Slovenia’s First Female President|
|13||Olympian Yogeshwar Dutt Becomes the Brand Ambassador of Religare Enterprises|
|14||8th ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2022 held in Australia; England won by defeating Pakistan|
|15||ASBC Asian Elite Boxing Championships Amman 2022 – India finishes with 12 medals|
|16||Mercedes’ George Russell won Brazilian Grand Prix 2022|
|17||Tennis: Switzerland wins Billie Jean King Cup for first time|
|18||World Kindness Day 2022 – November 13|
|19||World Diabetes Day 2022 – November 14|
|20||Children’s Day 2022 – November 14|