[dropcap]D[/dropcap]ear Readers, We cover some important news in Bulletin Today Section, which are not covered in Brief News, More Current Affairs coverage will helpful for upcoming exam.
- India inks Chabahar Port deal with Iran
- Union Cabinet Approves Amendments to Whistleblowers Act
- Union Cabinet approves the operationalization of the APY , PMJJBY and PMSBY
- Former Gujarat Chief Secretary appointed as Election Commissioner
- New Director General of Police Research and Development Bureau- NR.Wasan
- Global Travel Tourism – India in 52nd place
- India home to 56 of the world’s 2000 powerful companies: Forbes
Nadia district bags UN Public Service Award
- Nadia, which was declared as the first “open defecation free” district in country, has won the United Nations Public Service Award 2015 in the category of improving delivery of public services.
- While Hooghly and Burdwan districts have bagged the second and third positions, Jaisalmer district in Rajasthan also features in the top 10 list of open defecation free districts. In all, 187 countries were in running for the award.
Business & Economy
Myntra acquires Bengaluru-based Native5
- Myntra, an e-commerce portal for fashion and lifestyle products, has acquired Bengaluru-based mobile app development platform company, Native5. This acquisition will strengthen and expand Myntra’s mobile technology team.
- Native5 is Myntra’s second technology led acquisition. In April 2013, Myntra acquired Fitiquette, a San Francisco-based technology solution, a virtual fitting room.
Rabindranath Tagore 154th birth anniversary – May 07
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday paid his tributes to Nobel Laureate Rabindranath Tagore on his 154th birth anniversary.
India ranked 140th in 2015 Mothers’ Index
- India scored 140th place out of 179 countries in the charity organization Save the Children’s 2015 report titled “State of the World’s Mothers” putting it behind Zimbabwe, Iraq and Bangladesh.
- Top 5 countries as per 2015 Mother’s Index: Norway (1st), Finland (2nd), Iceland (3rd), Denmark (4th) and Swedan (5th).
- Bottom 10 countries: Niger (175th), Mali (176th), Central African Republic (177th), Congo (178th) and Somalia (179th).
Magnitude 7.2 quake strikes off PNG, Solomon Islands
- A 7.2 magnitude earthquake struck in the Pacific between Papua New Guinea(PNG) and the Solomon Islands.
- The quake hit at a depth of 22 kilometres some 149 kilometres southwest of Panguna in PNG and 642 kilometres from the Solomons capital Honiara.
Eminent historian Dr Amalendu Guha passes away
- Eminent historian, economist and social scientist Dr Amalendu Guha died here today following old age ailments.
- He was 91 and is survived by his wife and eminent writer Anima Guha and a son.