On Thursday 7th May 2015, senior police official Mr Navneet Rajan Wasan, was appointed as new Director General of Bureau of police Research and Development[BPR&D].
In an order issued by the Department of Personal and Training, Mr Wassan, 1980 batch IPS officer of Andhra Pradesh, has been appointed to the post till the date of his superannuation i.e Nov 30th 2015.
- At National Investigation Agency or NIA, Mr Wassan is working as Special Director General.
- The post of DG, BPR&D, was lying vacant from march this year after the retirement of Mr Rajan Gupta.
- In other appointment,IPoS or Indian Postal Service officer Sheuli Burman has been appointed as Chief Vigilance Officer [ CVO] in the Indian Telephone Industries or ITI Bangalore.
- Mr Burman is 1990-batch IPoS Officer has been appointed for a period of 3 years.
- Formed on 28th August 1970.
- Purpose of its development is to modernise police forces.
- Its 4 divisions are Research, Development, Training and Correctional administration.
- Head quarters is in New Delhi,india.
- Its executive is Vikram Srivastava,IPS Director General.
Some information about National Investigating Agency or NIA
- It is a federal agency established by the Government of India to fight against terror in India.
- NIA was formed in the year 2009.
- The founding Director-General of NIA is mr Radha Vinod Raju.
- The current DG of NIA is Sharad Kumar who will be succeeded by NR Wasan.
- Its headquarters is in New Delhi,India
- The goal of this agency is to combat terrorism and other national security related problems by developing highly skilled work force
- NIA wants to be a store house for all terrorist related informations.
- Indian posts or IPoS, Was founded in the 1st April 1774 .
- It is an agency of the Government of India.
- Its head quarters is in Sansad Marg, New Delhi.
- As of March 31 2011, IPoS had 154866 post offices.
- There are 22 postal circles in India and each circle is headed by a chief postmaster general.
- The total number of employees as per 20111 is 4,66,903.