Dear Readers, We cover some important news in Bulletin Today Section, which are not covered in Daily Brief News, More Current Affairs coverage will helpful for upcoming exam.
- Banks union and Indian banks association sign 10th bipartite wage increment agreement
- Transaction using Voice recognition : A new feat for ICICI bank
- Actress- Comedian Anne Meara dies aged 85
- New Indian Ambassador to Iran – Saurabh Kumar
- China sets up largest gold sector fund for nations along ancient silk board
- Government clears 21 FDI Proposals worth 281 crores
Sunil D’Souza : New MD of Whirlpool India
- U.S. based home appliances giant- Whirlpool has appointed Sunil D’Souza the MD of its India branch.
- He will join as the MD on June 22. Earlier he had been working with PepsiCo for 15 long years, which includes holding various managerial posts in Malaysia, Vietnam, India and the Philippines.
- Arvind Uppal – President( Asia Pacific ) at Whirlpool and Chairman, Whirlpool India.
Banking & Finance
Western Union Money Transfer renews 14 year old pact with India Post :
- Western Union, the American global money transfer major, has renewed its 14 year old partnership with India Post which means 10,000 post offices across India will continue to serve as Western Union agents. The tenure of the contract is undisclosed.
- Globally western union has tie ups with over 100 postal organisations round the world, with a network of 1.11 lakh agents in India of which 9942 are post offices.
- India Post is among the 41 entities who are in the run to become payment banks.
- Department of Posts, Director General : Padmini Gopinath
- Western Union, Chairman : Jack M. Greenberg.
Monaco grand prix,2015 : Nico Rosberg emerges winner
- Mercedes driver Nico Rosberg came out as the winner of Monaco GP which is his 10th overall win and second of this season, first being the Spanish F1 world championship. With this he became only the 4th person in history to win three Monaco GP in a row. Others are : Ayrton Senna, Graham Hill and Alain Prost.
- Sebastian Vettel( Germany ) of Ferrari and Lewis Hamilton( U.K. ) of Mercedes were 2nd and 3rd respectively. Force India’s Sergio Perez and Nico Hulkenburg finished 7th and 8th respectively.
- Mercedes gaffe : After Max Verstappen’s crash, Mercedes decided to call Hamilton for a stop to change tyres when Rosberg and Vettel crossed past him.