[dropcap]D[/dropcap]ear Readers, We cover some important news in Bulletin Today Section, which are not covered in Brief News, More Current Affairs coverage will helpful for upcoming exam. We hope, our Aspirant & Readers will like our ways !!
Suggestion are welcome
- Commonwealth Short Story Prize 2015 won by Novelist Siddhartha Gigoo
- No rate reduction by 70 banks despite 2 cuts by RBI
- Parliament Passes Amendment to Regional Rural Banks Bill
- April 28 – World Day for Safety and Health at Work
- April 29: Day of Remembrance for all Victims of Chemical Warfare
Union government cancels licences of 9,000 NGOs
- The Union government has cancelled licences of nearly 9,000 Non-Governmental Organisations for violation of Foreign Contribution Regulation Act (FCRA).
Business & Finance
Corporation Bank, New India Assurance Company signs MoU on PMSBY
- Corporation Bank and New India Assurance Company Ltd signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) for implementing Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana [PMSBY], central government`s scheme to provide security against personal accidental risk and permanent or partial disability.
- Under PMSBY, Bank`s Aadhar-linked SB account holders will be eligible for coverage against personal accidental risk, permanent/partial physical disability up to Rs 2 lakh. One has to pay a nominal premium of Rs 12 plus service tax.
- New India Assurance Company Ltd will issue a master policy under group insurance scheme, which is voluntary for the customers.
- The social security scheme is meant for all Aadhar linked SB account holders who are not covered under any other social security scheme, whose age is in between 18 to 70 years can enroll in to the scheme by paying a premium amount, a bank communique here states.