[dropcap]D[/dropcap]ear Readers, We cover some important news in Bulletin Today Section, which are not covered in Brief News, More Current Affairs coverage will helpful for upcoming exam. We hope, our Aspirant & Readers will like our ways !!
Suggestion are welcome
Asian Banker Achievement Award 2015 given to Bharatiya Mahila Bank
Akraman-11 Defense Exercise by Indian Army in Rajasthan
Magnus Carlsen Wins Shamkir Chess Tournament 2015
Presidents Cup Open International Boxing Tournament – India Crowned Champions
Maharashtra collaborates with Israel on Smart Cities
- In a key stride in collaboration between the State and Israel, Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis and Tel Aviv Mayor Ron Huldai agreed to cooperate in building smart cities.
- The two parties-Maharashtra government and Municipality of Tel Aviv-agreed to discuss common challenges faced by modern cities and possible solutions.
BCCI to nominate Rohit Sharma for Arjuna award
- The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has nominated Rohit Sharma for the Arjuna award for 2015.
- Rohit has had an excellent last year for India in international cricket.
- The decision to nominate Rohit was taken in the BCCI working committee meeting in Kolkata.
- Since January 1, 2014, he has averaged 55.05 from 21 innings with 3 centuries and 5 fifties, with the epic 264 his highest score.
South Korean President Accepts Resignation of PM
- South Korea’s president accepted the resignation of her prime minister on Monday over a bribery scandal.
- Prime Minster Lee Wan Koo offered to resign last week, just two months after taking the country’s No. 2 post.
- He has been at the heart of a corruption scandal involving a dead businessman and other high-profile figures, mostly close associates of President Park Geun-hye.
Omar al-Bashir wins Sudan elections
- Sudan’s president Omar al-Bashir was re-elected on Monday with 94.5% of a vote boycotted by major opposition parties and denounced by western governments as lacking credibility.
- Al-Bashir, who took power in a bloodless Islamist coup in 1989, is the only sitting head of state facing genocide charges at the International Criminal Court.
Business & Finance
Capgemini acquires iGATE for $4 billion
- Capgemini and iGATE have entered into a definitive merger agreement under which Capgemini will acquire iGATE for a cash consideration of $48 per share.
- The transaction will amount to $4 billion and is expected to be immediately accretive to Capgemini’s normalized Earnings Per Share (EPS)1.
- iGATE is US-listed IT services company headquartered in New Jersey.
Telugu film choreographer K Vijay dies in Nepal
- An upcoming Telugu actor and choreographer, Vijay Singh Kavadia, 22, died in Nepal Monday morning in a car accident caused by a powerful aftershock.
- Part of a crew shooting in Nepal, Vijay was travelling with three others from Kathmandu towards the Indian border when the car hit a crack and overturned.