The Asian Banker Achievement Award 2015 is won by Bharatiya Mahila Bank. At a function held in HongKong on 23rd April 2015, as a part of Asian Banker Summit 2015, the Chairman and Managing director of Bharatiya Mahila Bank, Mrs Usha Ananthasubramanian received that award. BMB was given the award in the technology implementation category of Best Outsourcing Project[New Bank].
- The main aim of this BMB is to focus on banking needs of women and to promote economic empowerment.
- Gender related issues are also in the agenda and will be helpful in financial inclusion.
- 1000crore seed-capital for the bank had been approved by the Union Government for the year 2013/14.
- Seed capital is the funding needed to get new business started.
ABOUT BHARATIYA MAHILA BANK
- BMB is the first all women public sector bank of India.
- The bank was established on Nov 19th 2013.
- Its Indian financial banking company based in NewDelhi.
- The bank was inaugurated by Former Indian Prime Minister, Mr Manmohan Singh.
- The bank was started on the 96th birth anniversary of former Indian Prime Minister Indira Gandhi.
- Other than India, Pakistan and Tanzania are other 2 countries to have a bank for women.
- Its present Chairman and Managing Director is Mrs Usha Ananthasubramanian.
- Different products of this BMB are core banking, credit card, consumer and corporate banking,investment banking.
- Other products include mortage loans,private equity, wealth management etc.
- BMB’s initial capital consists of 1000crores.
ABOUT ASIAN BANKER LEADERSHIP ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
- Its the highest possible accolade given to financial services industry people
- It was first given in the year 2001.
Its the most important award in the financial services industry for its demanding evaluation process so this award is regarded very highly.