World champion Magnus Carlsen of norway won Shamkir Chess Tournament held in Azerbaijan.In the ninth and final round he won against Rauf Mamendov of Azerbaijan in 35th move and scored 7 points. Former World Champion Viswanathan Anand drew with Fabiano Caruana of Italy.
As a result of this win, Magnus Carlsen took his ratings to 2875 points and Anand entered 2800 club to become second in world rankings.
- This tournament is played in Shamkir,Azerbaijan also called as Glasimov Memorial.
- Its was established in 2014 and played in the honour of Vugar Gashimov.
- The prize money amount in this tournament is 100000 euros.
- Double round robin format is followed in this competition .
- After this tournament there will be many such competitions with excess of million dollars as prize money.
- As a part of deal signed Anand will be playing in these tournaments.
ABOUT MAGNUS CARLSEN
- Carlsen was born in Norway on 30th November 1990.
- He is no 1 ranked player in the world.
- His peak rating is 2882,the highest in chess history.
- At the young age of just 19 he became the youngest chess player in history to be ranked number 1.
- In november 2013, he defeated India’s Anand in World Chess Championship, to become new world chess champion.
- He successfully defended his title in 2014 by beating Anand.
ABOUT VISWANATHAN ANAND
- Anand was born in Tamilnadu,India on 11th December 1969.
- He is one of 8 players to pass 2800Elo on FIDE rating list.
- He was number one for 21months, 6th longest ever.
- In March 2015, a minor planet was named 4538 Vishyanand after him
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification