[dropcap]D[/dropcap]ear Readers, We cover some important news in Bulletin Today Section, which are not covered in Brief News, More Current Affairs coverage will helpful for upcoming exam. We hope, our Aspirant & Readers will like our ways !!
Suggestion are welcome
- Indian women-hockey team finishes 7th in Hawke’s Bay-Cup Hockey
- 1st Shenzhen International Golf Tournament 2015
- A review on India-Canada Uranium Deal
- Nasim Zaidi takes over as new chief election commissioner
Suprerme Court rejects plea against NGT’s order to ban 15 year old vehicles
- The Supreme Court on Monday rejected a plea against an order of the National Green Tribunal banning all vehicles which are more than 15 years old from plying on Delhi roads.
PM’s remarks at foundation stone ceremony of Dr. Ambedkar International Centre
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi today laid the foundation stone of Dr BR Ambedkar International Centre at New Delhi.
- The estimated budget for the international convention centre, museum and library which are going to be built in New Delhi is Rs 198 crore.
Chhurim Sherpa, first woman to climb the Everest summit twice in a week
- Chhurim Sherpa, first woman to climb the 8850 metre (29035 feet) Mount Everest summit twice in a week was in news on 19 April 2015. Sherpa was in news as during her third ascent to Mount Everest she will take a cricket bat and two jerseys of deceased Australian cricketer Phil Hughes.
- The belongings of Hughes are being carried to the summit as a mark of tribute to the player. He died in November 2014 after he was hit on the back of his head by a ball while batting during a domestic match in Sydney.
- Chhurim under this expedition will carry the items to the top and back to Kathmandu, where they will be kept at the Australian embassy.
Abhishek Bachchan campaigns for UK general elections
- Bollywood actor Abhishek Bachchan visited Leicester in the UK to support the election campaign of Indian-origin Member of Parliament (MP) Keith Vaz who was officially nominated as the local Labour Party candidate for the upcoming polls.
Sonalika appoints BVR Subbu as an independent Director
- Tractor maker Sonalika today announced appointment of former Hyundai Motor India President BVR Subbu as an Independent Director on its board.
Anjan Lahiri is new Birlasoft CEO
- Mindtree co-founder Anjan Lahiri has been appointed as the Chief Executive Officer of Birlasoft, a global IT services company of C K Birla Group.
Neeraj Kumar appointed Cricket Board’s ACSU chief
- Former Delhi Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar was today appointed as chief advisor of the BCCI’s Anti Corruption & Security Unit (ACSU) for a term of one year.
Business & Finance
ICICI launches NFC-enabled payment service ‘Tap-n-Pay’
- ICICI Bank in collaboration with Tech Mahindra launched a payment service ‘Tap-n-Pay’ based on the near-field communications (NFC) technology, enabling customers make over-the-counter payments without using cash.
- It can be used for merchant payments by merely tapping a NFC-enabled mobile phone or a tag on the counter.
- For making payments, the user will have to bring the NFC tag or the mobile phone near a device at the merchant’s facility and the amount will automatically get debited from the prepaid account.
Carzonrent India acquired Ridingo
- Car rental firm, Carzonrent India (CIPL) on 20 April 2015 acquired car-pooling startup firm Ridingo. The acquisition is aimed at achieving 6000 crore rupees revenue by having presence in 250 Indian cities in the next five years.
Mumbai boy Mudit Dani becomes third Indian to enter top ten of junior TT rankings
- Mumbai’s Mudit Dani has followed in the footsteps of current national men’s table tennis champion Soumyajit Ghosh and Harmeet Desai as the third Indian to enter the top ten of the (International Table Tennis Federation) ITTF world junior boys’ circuit standings.
- The 16-year old lad, who is ranked 10th, has become the first and only player from Mumbai and Maharashtra to achieve this feat.
- Qatar’s Al-Naggar Abdulrahman (No. 3), Japan’s Yuki Matsuyama, China’s Wei Shihao (both joint No. 5) and Qatar’s Abdulhussein Mohammed (No. 7) are the other Asians in the top ten of the rankings.
- ITTF Headquarters in Lausanne, Switzerland and President: Thomas Weikert
Teliana Pereira wins Claro Open Colsanitas tennis tournament
- Brazil’s Teliana Pereira won the Claro Open Colsanitas on Sunday to become the WTA Tour’s first Brazilian winner in 27 years, beating fifth-seeded Yaroslava Shvedova of Kazakhstan 7-6 (2), 6-1.
- The 26-year-old Pereira is the first Brazilian woman to win on tour since Neige Dias in Barcelona in April 1988.
- In the doubles final, Brazil’s Paula Cristina Goncalves and Beatriz Haddad Maia topped Americans Irina Falconi and Shelby Rogers 6-3, 3-6, 10-6.
Mohammad Nabi quits as Afghanistan captain
- Mohammad Nabi resigned as captain of Afghanistan on Sunday (April 19) following the team’s 2015 World Cup campaign in Australia and New Zealand last month.
- Nabi said his lack of form was one of the primary reasons for stepping down. “I have served Afghanistan’s national team as captain for more than two years. I tried my best to bring victories to our team and the nation,”
Formula One: Lewis Hamilton wins again in Bahrain Grand Prix
- Formula One world champion Lewis Hamilton won the Bahrain Grand Prix for the second year in a row with Ferrari’s Kimi Raikkonen back on the podium to deny Mercedes another one-two finish under the floodlights.
Three Indian race walkers qualify for 2016 Rio Olympics
- Three Indian race walkers, Khushbir Kaur, Manish Rawat and Sandeep Kumar on 19 April 2015 qualified for 2016 Rio Olympics. They qualified for the Olympics during the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) Race Walking Challenge at Rio Maiorin Portugal.
- IAAF Headquarters in Monaco & President Lamine Diack
20yrs old Bengal Batsman Ankit Keshri dies after fielding collision
- The former Bengal Under-19 cricket captain, Ankit Keshri sustained a head injury in an on-field collision during a local game in Kolkata on Friday during a senior knockout match against Bhowanipore.
- The opening batsman, who was also a member of the Under-23 Bengal squad this year, passed away following a massive heart attack on Monday.