Here we are providing you the detailed syllabus & exam pattern for the Syndicate Bank PO Recruitment 2018 through PGDBF course.
Candidates will be selected by Syndicate Bank through a selection process consisting of an online test followed by Group Discussion or/and Personal Interview.
Each Candidate will be required to obtain minimum score in each objective test and also
minimum total score in the objective test. Depending on the number of vacancies cut offs will be
decided in each test. There will be descriptive paper for test of writing skill in English which has to be completed in online mode only. The descriptive test is for qualifying purpose only. The descriptive paper of only those candidates who secure minimum marks in objective test will be assessed. Further the candidate has to secure minimum marks( 50% for general & 45% for SC/ST/OBC/PWD) in descriptive test to qualify for next process viz Interview and Group discussion.
The aggregate marks of qualified candidates in the Objective Test will be arranged in
descending order in each category and the candidates in the order of merit, subject to
approximately 5 times the number of vacancies declared for each category, will be called for
Interview and/ or Group Discussion as decided by the Bank. The qualifying marks in Interview
and/or Group Discussion will be as decided by the Bank.The final merit list for selection will be on the basis of performance in Online Test and Interview and/or Group Discussion as decided by the Bank.
The topics to be covered in this section are
- Data Interpretation [Bar Graph, Pie Chart, Table, Line Graph, Radar Chart, Mixed Graph]
- Number Series
- Data Sufficiency
- Quadratic Equations
- Miscellaneous- Time and Work, Partnership, Profit and Loss, Mensuration, Time, Distance and Speed –Trains, Boats n Streams, Simple and Compound interest, Mixture and Alligation, Ratio and Proportion, Percentages, Averages, Age, Problems based on Numbers.
The topics to be covered for Reasoning Ability are
- Puzzles – Seating Arrangement(North – South, Circular, Rectangle, Square),Based on Floors,Hierarchy, Boxes, Months etc.,
- Machine Input/Output
- Blood Relation
- Direction Sense
- Logical Reasoning
- Coding Decoding
- Statement and Assumptions/Conclusions
- Analytical Reasoning
The topics to be covered in this section are
- Reading comprehension including Synonyms and Antonyms
- Sentence rearrangement or Para jumbles
- Sentence Correction/ Error Finding
- Spell Checks
- Cloze Test
General Awareness(Related to Banking Industry)
The syllabus for this section is remains vast
The topics included are
- Banking/Financial terms
- Current Affairs – covers every current news including related to banking industry, latest appointments, obituaries, awards and honors, books and authors, new schemes of central and state governments, sports, etc.
- Static GK – topics like headquarters of financial organizations , Country-capital, country-currency, constituencies of ministers, dance forms, nuclear and thermal power stations, Superlatives of World and India, First in India & World, Places with surname, Palaces, International Lines/Boundaries, Important Monuments of India & World, Rivers, Parliament names of different countries, Important Temples, National Parks,Airports, Wildlife Sanctuary, Stadium, Important Days,memorial place / crematorium, etc.,
- Click Here To Read Banking Awareness Questions
- Click Here To Read Daily Current Affairs
- Click Here To Take Current Affairs Mock Tests – Month wise
- Click Here To Download Static GK Capsule
- Click Here To Download Banking Awareness Capsule
- Click Here To Download IBPS Clerk Mains PDF
- Click Here To Buy Banking Awareness PDF
- Click Here To View GA questions asked in IBPS Exams 2017
It includes one Essay writing and Letter Writing.
Write a letter to your friend explaining her/him about the benefits of Insurance Policies
Write a letter to the bank manager to share an innovative idea on File management system in banks
Write a letter to the newspaper editor on how to stop crime in city
Write a letter to your old teacher to thank him/her for making you a good human being
Pros and cons of ‘one rank one pension’ scheme
Over-dependence on monsoon for farmers
Ethical problems of e-commerce
Essay on effects of increasing FDI
Increasing Insurance penetration in India
SBI PO 2016 – Descriptive Test Questions:
- Letter to editor – increase in selfies among youth
- Letter to parents – new job in new city and problems faced there
- Principal to Parents – Importance of parents in children education.
- Essay on effect of Pokemon Go
- Importance of History of nation.
- Essay on positive effects of Hike in salary of an employee
UIICL AO 2016 – Descriptive Test Questions:
Essay Writing & Letter writing Questions:
- Difference between Life Insurance and General Insurance, explain the types of Fire Insurance
- SWOT Analysis of Insurance sector in India
- Importance about term Insurance policies
- Letter related to damage Insurance claim
- Write a letter to transfer your policy from Pune to Madurai.
- Essay related to ” Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation”
- Essay related to “Insurance awareness” in Rural India
- Essay related to Benefits of “Child Insurance”
- Letter related to damage insurance claim
- Write a letter to a friend about the benefits of health insurance policies.
BOB PO 2016 – Descriptive Test Questions:
Letter to the News Editor – Air pollution due to festivals
Letter to Police commissioner – Cyber Crime Awareness Campaign
Privacy about Film stars & Politicians
“Paid news” Is an Ethical in Journalism
Indian Bank PO 2017: Descriptive Questions
Advantages & Disadvantages of National Pension Scheme
Digitization in Banking
SBI PO 2017: Descriptive Test
- Letter to editor your concern over impact of irrelevant news through social media
- Letter based on thank you note to an author of his book on depression.
- Letter to Bank Manager regarding non-credit of cash in your account
- Essay based on Technology is power, Travelling etc.
- Essay based on Eco-system
- Essay based on which is better reading books/watching documentary films/traveling
IBPS PO 2017: Descriptive Test
(a) Letter Writing
You have been observing that your subordinates are not working properly. Write a letter to the HR department about the same.
You have lost your Credit Card. Write a letter to the bank Manager, requesting him/her to block your card and issue a new one.
Write a letter to your friend, to start his own startup (Informal Letter)
(b) Essay Topics
Advantages & Disadvantages of Cashless Payment Modes.
Which reform in Indian education can be compared with International level.
Effects of gadgets on intellectual capabilities of humans