Indo-American professor Dr Sivanadane Mandjiny wins University of North Carolina[ UNC] 2015 awards given for teaching excellence. He will receive this award along with each professor of other 16 UNC campuses.
The award carries a cash prize of 12,500 US dollars and a commemorative Bronze. Dr Siva’s dedication to teaching and guiding students was the major guiding force behind this award given to him.
- UNC Penbroke Chancellor Kyle R. Carter while announcing the award told that in the 2 decades of teaching at Pembroke Dr Siva has created reputation for his enthusiasm in the classroom, dedication towards mentoring students, unfailing campus presence, commitment to success of students.
- For all that Dr Siva brings to student experience, this award would be great aknowledgement.
- Dr Siva Mandjiny came to UNC Pembroke from France where he did his PhD and was doing post-doctoral research.
- Mandjiny studied in three languages Tamil,English and French. He also learnt Hindi by himself.
- Determination,hard work and strength from his married life helped him in his educational achievements.
- At present he is a chemistry professor in University of North Carolina,US.
- Dr siva Mandjiny joined the faculty of Department of Chemistry and Physics in 1996 as teaching associate and earned tenure in 2006.
About Dr Sivanadane Mandjiny
- He was a native of Tamil Nadu, india, who did his Bachelor’s degree in Chemical engineering from University of Madras.
- He also did his Masters degree in biochemical engineering from IIT, a second master’s degree in chemical engineering from University of Toronto and PhD from universite de Technologe de Compiegne in France.
- Dr Siva Mandjiny is a distinguished scholar with any published research papers,conference presentations etc.
- He is also recipient of three Excellence in Teaching awards from the Students-Athlete Advisory Committee, and won university’s Outstanding Teaching Award in 2006